The "LinkinPrime has a complimentary first-run theater at his workplace" OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Honestly, it seems like that would be a bigger problem to me - a handful of posts in one section of the site probably wouldn't cause much trouble for CheapyD, especially if he wasn't involved in the conversation...but discussing piracy in a podcast, where your voice is heard and you don't have much (any?) room to hide, makes it a lot harder to point the finger at someone else and say "wasn't me."

I guess this is just a case of "do as I say, not as I do."
[/quote]

Exactly

He's the face/owner of the site, and he's talking about seeing '300' a full 3 months before the theatrical release in Japan on his podcast, which incessantly shills for diggs, Itunes reviews, etc...

Shit, one could argue the US Armed Forces have sanctioned forms of Piracy with Navy's sponsorship of the CAGcast

I wonder if the Navy even listened to full CAGcasts before the sponsorship, or was it 'sanitized' for sale

:whistle2:k

Well I just finished STALKER. It was pretty awesome, but I am sad that I didn't get the "true" ending. Not sure if I want to just look it up, or actually play through again from the last save. The difficulty was total bullshit in the last level. It was almost impossible.

[quote name='wubb']Bunch of :baby: up in the OTT. :roll:[/QUOTE]

And a bunch of
ninja.gif
s on the mod staff.

ninja.gif
, of course, referring to the way moderation is done here: fast, and without any fucking warning. Just like in feudal Japan. :cool:

[quote name='manthing']Exactly

He's the face/owner of the site, and he's talking about seeing '300' a full 3 months before the theatrical release in Japan on his podcast, which incessantly shills for diggs, Itunes reviews, etc...

Shit, one could argue the US Armed Forces have sanctioned forms of Piracy with Navy's sponsorship of the CAGcast

I wonder if the Navy even listened to full CAGcasts before the sponsorship, or was it 'sanitized' for sale

:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

I don't listen to the CAGcast, but I'd imagine that it'd be fine if you cherry-picked episodes. Either that, or the Navy's so desperate for recruits that they didn't listen or didn't give a rat's ass, which I suspect is more likely.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Dang, Seagate oversold those hard drives and all we got were 10% off coupons.

:whistle2:([/QUOTE]

At least that's better than having the orders canceled without any kind of compensation. It's not much, but it's better than nothing.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Dang, Seagate oversold those hard drives and all we got were 10% off coupons.

:whistle2:([/quote]
Yep, pretty shitty. :[

[quote name='darthbudge']-analogy removed-[/quote]
How the hell is that standing by them?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='darthbudge']-analogy removed-[/QUOTE]

Remember, the OTT is only part of their job. That analogy is just a bit of a stretch. :roll:

Ya, but you also don't fight with the family at the company picnic.

I'm sure if the mods disagree with Cheapy, it's discussed behind closed doors.

[quote name='darthbudge']Not just saying "Oh I am just following orders." Thousands of Nazi officers said that during WWII and did that suddenly make it right?[/QUOTE]

Wow.

[quote name='Rocko']Yep, pretty shitty. :[

How the hell is that standing by them?[/quote]

Err, well my message kinda changed as I wrote it. I fully believe that LP and Wubb are just following orders. However, if they claim they don't like it as well, well then they need to step down.

EDIT: There, I removed my statement. I like Wubb, and LP and all the others. I really don't want to offend either one and I am not comparing them to Nazi's. But instead the situation.

No. Just forget what I said.

What I am trying to say is: Stick to your beliefs, instead of just following orders. Even if this means losing privileges.

I tell myself everytime it quiets down that I won't argue again because I really don't want to get banned and then once it happens I get worked up and start arguing again. :/

[quote name='darthbudge']I tell myself everytime it quiets down that I won't argue again because I really don't want to get banned and then once it happens I get worked up and start arguing again. :/[/QUOTE]

You're not in danger of getting banned, are you?

Unless you've racked up a lot of infractions, I'd imagine you're probably one of the ones here who's least likely to be banned.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']You're not in danger of getting banned, are you?

Unless you've racked up a lot of infractions, I'd imagine you're probably one of the ones here who's least likely to be banned.[/quote]

I am not worried about getting banned from infractions. I am worried about my statement and being instabanned.

[quote name='dcfox']Banky needs to make a Hitler Cheapy now.[/quote]

As offensive as the comment was, I couldn't help but laugh at the thought of that.

[quote name='lordwow']It's worth at least the last 3 OTTs being deleted.[/quote]
How many of those are exchangeable for a banning? I'm fuzzy on my OTT exchange rates.

[quote name='darthbudge']I am not worried about getting banned from infractions. I am worried about my statement and being instabanned.[/QUOTE]

You're going to have to push a lot harder than that to get insta-banned, if the past is any indication. It takes a hell of a lot to bring down that kind of punishment.

[quote name='lordwow']I don't know the value of the OTT has been sinking so fast I can't keep up.[/QUOTE]

The Canadian dollar is worth more than we are. :cry:

It's a miracle .. I've had the same firefox browser open for 4 days and I'm only up to 80k of memory. Usually it does that in about three hours.

[quote name='lordwow']Anonymous came back for a day or two, did he get banned again?[/QUOTE]

I don't know - people keep talking about him being banned, but I haven't seen an explanation of what happened yet.

HINT HINT HINT. :wave:

[quote name='lordwow']Anonymous came back for a day or two, did he get banned again?[/QUOTE]Yes. :)

He also came back with a second account to protest said ban so hopefully that's the nail in the coffin. :)

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']You're going to have to push a lot harder than that to get insta-banned, if the past is any indication. It takes a hell of a lot to bring down that kind of punishment.[/quote]

I compared people in power to Nazi's man! Even though, honest to god, I wasn't trying to compare anyone individually to Nazi's. I know some people might not listen to me.

[quote name='Rocko']He just got banned before the OTT was deleted.

Linkin, is it permanent? Please say yes.[/QUOTE]

What did he do?

I'd go back and check the OTT, but, y'know...

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']I don't know - people keep talking about him being banned, but I haven't seen an explanation of what happened yet.

HINT HINT HINT. :wave:
[/quote]
Cheapy was getting fed up with the OTT's piracy talk and posted in the OTT to tell everyone to knock it off, but anomynous got the bright idea to ask for links to rom sites and was banned for a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back