The MangoKnife Prefers PS3 over 360 because it uses Less Power, OTT.

Your lucky, I have 1099 and W2s coming in from 4 different states, MI, NY, CA and DC. Plus I have to keep receipts of all purchases from each state for the entire year....I just put it all in a box and hand it to my accountant.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Your lucky, I have 1099 and W2s coming in from 4 different states, MI, NY, CA and DC. Plus I have to keep receipts of all purchases from each state for the entire year....I just put it all in a box and hand it to my accountant.[/QUOTE]

Whenever you have a business or are a freelancer, it's much easier to hand off your taxes to someone else.

Or for that matter, if you have student loans or lots of investments. It gets too complicated.

If you just work one job like most people, and maybe have interest from a bank account, there's no reason why you can't do it yourself.

[quote name='2DMention']That's a weird place for HQ. What was the place? If you don't want people to know, you can pull a Wheel of Fortune and say "A major Drug store" or something.[/QUOTE]

Target. Like I said, address on the envelope says Brooklyn Park, the one on the W-2 says Minneapolis. But the W-2 one taking a closer look is apparently a PO Box.

2D speaks the truth. I did my Federal, State, and Local in about 20 minutes on Saturday morning. Very simple if you can use the 1040a or ez. Which a lot of people 30 or younger can. It'll probably take me longer to actually mail/phone/efile the stuff.

Some dude came to speak to my scientific writing course about plagiarism. It was painful to watch and one person clapped at the end. Classic.

I had a friend fail a class because he plagiarized. Business Ethics. The sad thing, other than being dumb enough to get caught, was that it was a one unit class so I think the only writing we did was a five page paper.

[quote name='Maklershed']2D speaks the truth. I did my Federal, State, and Local in about 20 minutes on Saturday morning. Very simple if you can use the 1040a or ez. Which a lot of people 30 or younger can. It'll probably take me longer to actually mail/phone/efile the stuff.[/QUOTE]

It seems like places like H&R Block, Taxact, and Turbo Tax have the scam saying that it's all free, Federal is, but they charge you to do state. As far as I know, you have to pay someone if you want to e file state.

Took me like 30 minutes to do my taxes on taxact.

My friend is like 35 years old, always bitches about money, works at Burger King, and can use the 1040EZ, but he pays the money and takes it in to have it done for $30. What a dumbass.

[quote name='2DMention']It seems like places like H&R Block, Taxact, and Turbo Tax have the scam saying that it's all free, Federal is, but they charge you to do state. As far as I know, you have to pay someone if you want to e file state.

[/QUOTE]
That varies by state (sometimes income and/or filing method), and I think the fine print in those ads states that.
State Tax Offices that offer Free eFile online or may not require state income tax returns include: Alaska, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming.

I forgot to mention this last night. Did anyone see that commercial for the new fox sci-fi show. I forget what it's called but the premise is this. Mankind has ruined the earth, so a colony travels back in time 85 million years to start anew.

I mean really? REALLY?!? I wanna know what genius who invented a time machine went, "Oh yeah, the best time to recolonize the earth is 85 million years in the past when dinosaurs roamed."

[quote name='h3llbring3r']That varies by state (sometimes income and/or filing method), and I think the fine print in those ads states that.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunatlely, MN is not one of those states. At least Amazon doesn't charge tax in MN, so that makes up for it.

[quote name='JStryke']Target. Like I said, address on the envelope says Brooklyn Park, the one on the W-2 says Minneapolis. But the W-2 one taking a closer look is apparently a PO Box.[/QUOTE]

Follow the instructions on the site you go to, its really quite simple, it will tell you go to Box A and enter the address. Forget about the envelope, what's on the W2 is the only thing that matters.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I forgot to mention this last night. Did anyone see that commercial for the new fox sci-fi show. I forget what it's called but the premise is this. Mankind has ruined the earth, so a colony travels back in time 85 million years to start anew.

I mean really? REALLY?!? I wanna know what genius who invented a time machine went, "Oh yeah, the best time to recolonize the earth is 85 million years in the past when dinosaurs roamed."[/QUOTE]

Haven't heard of this show but that sounds cool to me.

This is what Fox Exec's were thinking:
dino.jpg

[quote name='JStryke']Target. Like I said, address on the envelope says Brooklyn Park, the one on the W-2 says Minneapolis. But the W-2 one taking a closer look is apparently a PO Box.[/QUOTE]

Target has 3 'campuses' in the Twin Cities, MN.

There's the downtown Minneapolis corporate HQ, a stores support(i think) building a few miles away, and another campus in Brooklyn Park that was to be the centerpiece of a large development that was put off. The BP campus possibly would have become corporate HQ after the development was under construction or finished, I don't recall exact specifics.

Is the W2 addy 9xx Nicollet Ave?

And don't listen/read ANYTHING 2Dmoron says. He's very myopic.

[quote name='manthing']Target has 3 'campuses' in the Twin Cities, MN.

There's the downtown Minneapolis corporate HQ, a stores support(i think) building a few miles away, and another campus in Brooklyn Park that was to be the centerpiece of a large development that was put off. The BP campus possibly would have become corporate HQ after the development was under construction or finished, I don't recall exact specifics.

Is the W2 addy 9xx Nicollet Ave?

And don't listen/read ANYTHING 2Dmoron says. He's very myopic.[/QUOTE]

The two addresses I see:

(W-2)
mailstop NCD-0280
PO Box 9401
Minneapolis, MN

(envelope)
7000 Target Parkway North
NCD-0280
Brooklyn Park, MN

100$ for VIP passes to Anthony Bourdain at Chrysler Hall + Meet and Greet on the 13th. It sounds worth it, so I'm not sure why I'm second guessing buying them.

[quote name='Eviltude']100$ for VIP passes to Anthony Bourdain at Chrysler Hall + Meet and Greet on the 13th. It sounds worth it, so I'm not sure why I'm second guessing buying them.[/QUOTE]

If you got the cash that is a no-brainer to me. He is a personal idol of mine.

Tomorrow I am making the spaghetti with fresh tomato sauce and basil that Scott Conant made on the techniques special last season.

I'd love to have a custom arcade cabinet, but I wouldn't know where to begin.

[quote name='flowery']If you got the cash that is a no-brainer to me. He is a personal idol of mine.

Tomorrow I am making the spaghetti with fresh tomato sauce and basil that Scott Conant made on the techniques special last season.[/QUOTE]

Chika loves him. While he has his moments, most days I think he's an obnoxious douchebag. However, when I heard he was talking at UPAC, we looked up tickets. They wanted $80+taxes+fees to go listen to him talk. Neither of us could justify it.

Meet-and-greet VIP for $20 more? That's a fair price though if you're into him.

So happy it didn't snow last night. But a wind advisory for the entire time I'm working sucks. Hopefully it won't feel too cold.

:wave:

Got some great news this morning. The headline fight of the UFC event I'm going to has been changed from Evans Vs Shogun to Jon Jones vs Shogun! (I don't care about Evans and conversely Jon Jones is one of my favorite fighters)

I grabbed a clearance copy Naughty Bear at Target for $12.48 and I think I fucked up. I seem to remember it having better reviews, oh well.

[quote name='Maklershed']2D speaks the truth. I did my Federal, State, and Local in about 20 minutes on Saturday morning. Very simple if you can use the 1040a or ez. Which a lot of people 30 or younger can. It'll probably take me longer to actually mail/phone/efile the stuff.[/QUOTE]

I really want to try doing our taxes at home this year. But I'm afraid with mortgage interest deductions, chairtable donations and other write offs we'll be going back to H&R Block.

We always seem to go to those temporary stands that are set up in Freddys or Wal-Mart. Somehow I doubt those people are 'real' accountants.
It always ends up costing like $200-$300 too. Of course we end up getting $2000+ or so back, and their fee comes out of that so....

[quote name='eldergamer']I really want to try doing our taxes at home this year. But I'm afraid with mortgage interest deductions, chairtable donations and other write offs we'll be going back to H&R Block.

We always seem to go to those temporary stands that are set up in Freddys or Wal-Mart. Somehow I doubt those people are 'real' accountants.
It always ends up costing like $200-$300 too. Of course we end up getting $2000+ or so back, and their fee comes out of that so....[/QUOTE]

Donations aren't worth the hassle unless you donate a closet full of stuff.

manthing is on my ignore list.

Have you taken your weekly shower? Because you stink.

Also, gameloft has some great games for $.99 on itunes today.

Including:
Shadow Guardian HD (an uncharted wannbe)
Star Battalion HD
and
http://blog.gameloft.com/index.php/2011/02/08/tuesday-treats-tricks-2/

[quote name='corrosivefrost']http://kotaku.com/#!5754856/boys-xbox-spending-spree-bleeds-his-single-mother-dry

article-0-0d12bb8b000005dc-205_468x365.jpg

This single mom let her 11 year old kid rack up over $1500 in XBL charges. Brilliant.
Now she has two jobs to try to work off the debt.[/QUOTE]

Why do I want to punch that kid and his mom in the face?

"It is impossible to monitor everything your children do," she adds. "These companies should take some responsibility. They take advantage of vulnerable people.'

RTFM! Why didn't she just create him a limited access account? Oh wait, she's stupid bitch that's why.

I don't get how he didn't know what he was doing. He would have to had to buy MS points first, which would have shown that it cost money.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']http://kotaku.com/#!5754856/boys-xbox-spending-spree-bleeds-his-single-mother-dry

article-0-0d12bb8b000005dc-205_468x365.jpg

This single mom let her 11 year old kid rack up over $1500 in XBL charges. Brilliant.
Now she has two jobs to try to work off the debt.[/QUOTE]

Never trust kids with XBL or cell phones. EIther kids get no cell phone or an unlimited plan.

She needs to learn how to enable parental controls.

I love how the article mentions she's a single mom, like we're supposed to assume she doesn't have any money.

That lady doesn't know how credit cards work? Would she drop her kid off at the mall and give him a credit card and be shocked when he spent $1,500 there? Would she bitch that there are no controls in brick and mortar stores and nobody stopped him?

I honestly expected either (1) more comments about how retarded the son looks or (2) more comments about how the mother could raise money for the bill using alternative means.

Way to disappoint, OTT. :lol:

bread's done
Back