The "Metal Heavy, Soft at the Core", SOTM

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']The Avalanches - Frontier Psychiatrist[/QUOTE]I love that song. I had no idea there was a music video for it though. Shit's hilarious. :lol:

Just finished:
Ghostland Observatory - Delete.Delete.I.Eat.Meat... (album)
Ghostland Observatory - Paparazzi Lightning (album)

Their performance tonight at ACL was abso-fucking-lutely insane. Easily the best show of the festival.

Now:
Honey is Cool - Crazy Love (album)

[quote name='GenDV138']Common Rider - This Is Unity Music (album)

Next: Common Rider - Last Wave Rockers (album)[/QUOTE]
Which is their good album?

...I'm serious. I've heard they have a good album and most of the rest is shit.

Kira Neris - Behind Closed Doors (album)

Delightful work from Kira Neris -- a set that's got a bit more subtlety than some of its contemporaries, and a deeper, lusher sound at times too! The record's an assemblage of jazzy influences -- not really in a downtempo mode, but not in a club jazz one either -- instead, a bit like the soundscapes of Cinematic Orchestra or Chris Bowden at times -- but with a more personal feel overall! Most tunes are well written and thought out -- not just happy accidents of beats and samples, but warmly composed numbers that have a great sense of soul and a real instrumental sensitivity. June Christy appears to be doing some uncredited vocal work on one track -- thanks to the miracle of sampling -- and other vocals seem to be sampled too, but the overall focus here is mostly instrumental.

[quote name='Eviltude']Which is their good album?

...I'm serious. I've heard they have a good album and most of the rest is shit.[/QUOTE]

I like both of them, I don't think any of their stuff is shit, but it's probably not for everyone. I'd say I like This Is Unity Music a bit more than Last Wave Rockers. Same lead singer from Operation Ivy (Jesse Michaels), but it doesn't really sound anything like Operation Ivy. Last Wave Rockers was their first album and they only put out two albums, an EP, and a split with Against All Authority before breaking up in 2003.

Here's one song, Small Pebble, off of This Is Unity Music if you want to check them out - http://www.hopelessrecords.com/mp3/HR663.mp3
And some samples of songs on Last Wave Rockers - http://users.adelphia.net/~unitymusic/mp3s/mp3s.html

Common Rider - Blue Spark

[quote name='Eviltude']Which is their good album?

...I'm serious. I've heard they have a good album and most of the rest is shit.[/quote]
Don't know about the other one but This Is Unity Music is fucking great.

[quote name='Liquid 2']I love that song. I had no idea there was a music video for it though. Shit's hilarious. :lol:[/quote]
I just found them like two days ago through someone linking that video in a youtube comment, and it's fucking great. I've now gotten my girlfriend, her sister, and one other friend into the group.

EDIT: Forgot to put that I was listening to:

Circle Takes The Square - As The Roots Undo (album)

Dubble D And Flora Purim - Switch (12" single)

Beatman and Ludmilla - Aaron Made A Big Mistake (Orginal Mix)

Dot Allison - Exaltation of Larks (album)

KMFDM - Tohuvabohu (album)

Some of the best stuff they've done in years.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Ghostland Observatory - Delete.Delete.I.Eat.Meat... (album)
Ghostland Observatory - Paparazzi Lightning (album)[/quote]
Saw them at Lollapalooza in August and immediately bought everything I could find. So good.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Same.

Good recommendation.[/quote]

Just wish I could have found a copy cheaper than I payed but I think its worth it.

Curtis Vodka - I Just fucked Your Girlfriend (mix)

I'd buy it if I found it locally, but I know I probably won't.

I think I'm going to listen to Madvillainy next because I just love it so much.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']I'd buy it if I found it locally, but I know I probably won't.
[/quote]

Yeah, I looked everywhere and since he is doing a show around here, I had to import that puppy. But atleast he is now on Chuck D's label and he is supposed to be working on an album for the beginning of next year

[quote name='fart_bubble']Yeah, I looked everywhere and since he is doing a show around here, I had to import that puppy. But atleast he is now on Chuck D's label and he is supposed to be working on an album for the beginning of next year[/QUOTE]

Nice. Very nice, actually. I love stuff like this.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Nice. Very nice, actually. I love stuff like this.[/quote]

Did you ever check out Funky DL? Or you might dig Moka Only's older material (check out his Lime Green album)

[quote name='fart_bubble']Did you ever check out Funky DL? Or you might dig Moka Only's older material (check out his Lime Green album)[/QUOTE]

I am yet to actually listen to the Funky DL mixtape. I'll do that either tonight or tomorrow. What is Moka Only like?

[quote name='senorwoohoo']I am yet to actually listen to the Funky DL mixtape. I'll do that either tonight or tomorrow. What is Moka Only like?[/quote]

A consious rapper that mostly does good slow jams (who also does everything on his records)

Then of course there are The Procussions who I think are phenominal

[quote name='fart_bubble']A consious rapper that mostly does good slow jams (who also does everything on his records)

Then of course there are The Procussions who I think are phenominal[/QUOTE]

Alright, now I'm interested. Shit, I still need to listen to the Procussions.

DOH! Another I think you need to check out is Kero One......then there are of course Grooveman Spot's albums (he's a dj but his shit falls into the jazzy hop/r'n'b sound witht the talent he works with)

Gandmaster Flash & the Furious Five w/ the Sugarhill Gang - Showdown

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Circle Takes The Square - As The Roots Undo (album)[/QUOTE]Too good.

Now:
Dystopia - Human = Garbage (album)

Next:

999638.jpg

:cool:

[quote name='Liquid 2']Too good.[/quote]
Agreed. Have you heard of Envy? Japanese screamo band that's just amazing.

[quote name='Liquid 2']
Now:
Dystopia - Human = Garbage (album)[/quote]

:applause:

The Dethalbum is hilarious. :lol:

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Agreed. Have you heard of Envy? Japanese screamo band that's just amazing.[/QUOTE]
Let's find out, shall we?

Envy - Insomniac Doze (album)

bread's done
Back