The "Metal Heavy, Soft at the Core", SOTM

[quote name='fart_bubble']She deserves it, the album is great and yet it hasn't been getting any press :cry: Its easliy in my non-hip hop top 5 of best albums of the year list.[/QUOTE]

It's cool stuff for sure, but it has no audience in the U.S., unfortunately. Only people who know about it are those seeking it out.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']It's cool stuff for sure, but it has no audience in the U.S., unfortunately. Only people who know about it are those seeking it out.[/quote]

You don't think so? Not with the way they have been whoring out Feist. Of course this album does piss me off that Soundscan had to fuck it up so I can't afford to have an online radio station as this would be the stuff that I would mix into my playlist

[quote name='fart_bubble']You don't think so? Not with the way they have been whoring out Feist. Of course this album does piss me off that Soundscan had to fuck it up so I can't afford to have an online radio station as this would be the stuff that I would mix into my playlist[/QUOTE]

That's true, but Feist is the only one I've seen whored out. I think that whoring out is only hitting a select audience anyway. Also, many indie people are probably pissed off at all of Feist's publicity.

I'm listening to the Little Dragon album now, too.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']That's true, but Feist is the only one I've seen whored out. I think that whoring out is only hitting a select audience anyway. Also, many indie people are probably pissed off at all of Feist's publicity.

I'm listening to the Little Dragon album now, too.[/quote]

Same with Belleruche. Its an amazing album, they have DJ Vadim's name attached and yet the thing still gets no press over here.

[quote name='fart_bubble']Same with Belleruche. Its an amazing album, they have DJ Vadim's name attached and yet the thing still gets no press over here.[/QUOTE]

I'll have to hear that one, too.

At least now some OKP-heads will check out Little Dragon, though.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']I'll have to hear that one, too.

At least now some OKP-heads will check out Little Dragon, though.[/quote]

think upbeat soul music from 3 white people (Kathrin de Boer was the female singer in Kill Kill and Black Is The Night on DJ Vadim's The Soundcatcher album) with turntables being the main instrument.

True and that is what matters. I guess I am too far removed from what radio plays that I have a hard time grasping on why some shit is popular (though I do think Feist is worth what she is getting even though her weakest album is getting the press)

Bellruche - Turntable Soul Music (album)

[quote name='Liquid 2']Lightning Bolt - Hypermagic Mountain (album)

This seems like it's right up your alley, Sneaky.[/quote]

Yea, they definately are. Been listening for a while, though I missed their show here.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Yea, they definately are. Been listening for a while, though I missed their show here.[/QUOTE]Why am I not surprised that you already know about them? :lol:

[quote name='Liquid 2']Why am I not surprised that you already know about them? :lol:[/quote]

What can I say, I had a lot of helpful people to introduce me to this shit. It just snowballed from there over the past three years.

Against Me! - Reinventing Axl Rose

This song describes many a concert I have been to, including Against Me! themself.

Chemical Brothers VS. Morcheeba - Don't Do It Again (Ripper Remix)

going to be awesome when my copy gets here so I can throw it into Corey's crate

Alina Simone - Placelessness (album)

Aloan - Better In Springtime (album)

fuck, I forgot this is the album with the rapper that makes the album suck

Dot Allison - Exaltation of Larks (album)

Flying Lotus - Reset (EP)

Tea Leaf Dancers is one of the best songs of the year. This can't come out soon enough.

Funky DL - Music From Naphta (album)

The Heliocentrics - Out There (album)

fuck it, thought I was in the mood for some instrumentals but I guess not

The Nextmen - This Was Supposed To Be The Future (album)

The Pepper Pills Big Band - DJ Killer (album)

think of a live jazz band doing house music with a good sized portion of funk. Its odd to say the least but its pretty good

[quote name='fart_bubble']I like them but they are a love em or hate em type of group[/QUOTE]

Alrighty. Here's hoping I enjoy their set tonight.

bread's done
Back