The Official 2007/2008 NBA thread

CRY KOBE CRY

Little bitch looked like he was gonna cry... like he just got raped. :lol:

Garnett is a riot though. :whee:

(sorry about the rape jokes, but they come so easily right now)

I don't really care much for basketball (used to be a fan as a kid), but this is tremendous as a native Bostonian. Absolutely tremendous.

That won "Most Awkward Interview of 2008"

Up there with the Namath interview. The Finals MVP should go that whole team, they're really the definition of "team".

KG's weird.

39 Points, not 40 ;O
[quote name='Demolition Man']Well.... let's enjoy the Euros that are on going right now. Plus the MLS season as well. :D[/quote]

Ahh yes, the Euro Cup, how about Italy beating out France? Rematch of the World Cup and the same results :lol:

[quote name='dmaul1114']Damn that was fun to watch as a Faker hater. :D[/quote]

dOOd SO fuckING brillant! Love it! L.A. Fakers lool I see so many asshat fakers there.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Ahh yes, the Euro Cup, how about Italy beating out France? Rematch of the World Cup and the same results :lol:[/QUOTE]

I've been watching the replay on ESPN2 right now of said game since I missed the live airing. Not that you spoiled much since its almost over anyways. Tommorow is Greece vs Spain and Russia vs Sweden. Should be some decent stuff.

[quote name='dafoomie']Paul Pierce is a top 5 player in the NBA. Yeah, I said it.[/quote]

In this playoffs? Yeah....but caught up in the hype right now. Remember after the Spurs series people were saying Kobe was now in MJ's category?

[quote name='lordwow']Oh god, here go the riots.[/quote] That's hilarious, but the sad part is if they haven't already they'll do it for sure now because you posted it. lol

[quote name='Demolition Man']I've been watching the replay on ESPN2 right now of said game since I missed the live airing. Not that you spoiled much since its almost over anyways. Tommorow is Greece vs Spain and Russia vs Sweden. Should be some decent stuff.[/quote]
Oh sorry, I kinda thought you knew already :/

Did you catch the Argentina v. Ecuador game? I love how that game ended, it had that "down to the wire" feeling pinpoint

[quote name='ph33r m3']
ASU is sellin' tickets like in August for a ridiculous amount of money. Might be worth it though, luckily won't be in Phoenix. But, i'd assume Tempe's gonna be packed though.[/quote]

Suns tickets are usually pretty expensive and they sell out fast in general.

At least I can watch the Diamondbacks and Coyotes for cheap. :lol:

Catch the WEEI.com stream if you can, they're live in the locker room and its fucking crazy.

Don't need to be no Team USA this year, just send the Celtics to China.

[quote name='ph33r m3']IMO, McHale should get Executive of the Year.

I mean shit he gave away KG for nothing, when other offers were on the table, but got the shittiest offer from the Celtics and accepted it? Wack. Ditto, with the Gasol trade.

Congrats to Boston, props to Lakers. Wouldn't be suprised to see a re-match next year in the Finals (unless the Cavs get Bron some help maybe).[/quote]

Ummm.....didnt the Lakers get Gasol for fucking Kwame Brown?

No room to talk my friend...no room to talk.

Bye bye lakers. I knew you would lose this entire time..the only reason you won any games was solely do to the refs. It was clear from the start that Boston was 3 levels higher than you ever could be.

And to completely completely fall apart at the end is the best thing I have ever seen. You were embarrassed in each and every game you played. Even the games you won you were embarrassed. Boston completely owned you.

The only thing that makes this bad....is an interview by stephen a fucking smith. I hate this guy and wish he would get fired...he is such a dumbass. He is almost always wrong with his predictions and I still dont know why he needs to hell so god damn much all the time.

The riots would be happening in LA not Boston.

Yes, Fakers choked again.
Where are the Faker fans?

I was watching the game with my brother-in-laws (both are Faker fans) and they left the house after the 3rd quarter.
Typical Faker fans...jump on the bandwagon and jump off just as fast.

How cool was that to have Bill Belichick courtside watching Doc Rivers get a Gatorade shower? I think the owners of all 4 Boston teams were there.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Oh sorry, I kinda thought you knew already :/[/quote]

Sadly I was working when the game was on live. I knew the game would be reaired tonight therefore I did everything to advoid knowing the outcome so I could enjoy the game no differently then I would have live.

Did you catch the Argentina v. Ecuador game? I love how that game ended, it had that "down to the wire" feeling pinpoint

Sadly I have not been following the South American WC Qualifier. Tommorow alone between two Euro games at the same time along with the Revs vs Red Bulls MLS game.... yep, I got plenty of soccer to enjoy for sure. :bouncy:

Congrats to the Celtics and there fans.

I had this as Lakers in 6, boy was I wrong. The Lakers future looks promising though, with Bynum back next year.

What the duce? There are many soccer fans in CAG?

I constantly talk about soccer and no one response. We should make a soccer thread.

The worst thing about the ending of the finals is that there is a huge void from now till the begining of football season where baseball dominates every sports outlet. Its not that I dislike baseball...its just suck complete ass that you cant go or do anything without it being there. I am all about soccer during these times.

Send the Celtics alone to China...yea that would be smart...

Good for the Celtics long time coming they deserve the win, doesn't mean I like Pierce anymore or Boston in general (still like him more then that douche Iverson)

As for Pierce being in the top 5, I'd give him top 10, but not top 5, and we will see what the next season brings. I'm sure the Spurs/Suns/Cavs/Pistons/Lakers/Magic/Mavs/Nuggets? will be making a run at it again, and the all star game will be as close as it was last year, or maybe we'll see a 2007 recap.

fail2oc3.jpg

:lol:

I'm more than up for an soccer thread Soodmeg btw.

Maybe they should can Jackson.

Yea Radmonvic blows, he's like a poor man's...well I can't think of another PF who can maybe score, shoots tons of 3s, and sucks at everything else.

If Kobe wasn't such an ass to his fellow teammates maybe the Lakers could get another superstar

Not to thread crap. You know what I miss in the NBA, a plethora of good centers. For Fantasy basketball...there's less then 10...that put up good numbers. I can only think of a few Big Z, Sheed, Shaq (maybe), Yao, Howard, Ben Wallace (was good), Bosh, and Okur. And there's the guys who think they are center's Gasol, Harrington, Curry, and Jermaine O'Neal

The rest are average to downright terrible.

And more decent PF's....

Congrats to the Boston Celtics and to all their fans! I'm especially happy for my cousin who's been a fan of the Celtics ever since he was a kid.

I'm also happy for Scott Pollard and Eddie House. Former Kings baby!

Oh yeah, the laCkers got destroyed.

[quote name='oNeWiNgEdAnGeL']Boston wins in 6.[/QUOTE]

Money.

[quote name='kube00']Not to thread crap. You know what I miss in the NBA, a plethora of good centers. For Fantasy basketball...there's less then 10...that put up good numbers. I can only think of a few Big Z, Sheed, Shaq (maybe), Yao, Howard, Ben Wallace (was good), Bosh, and Okur. And there's the guys who think they are center's Gasol, Harrington, Curry, and Jermaine O'Neal

The rest are average to downright terrible.

And more decent PF's....[/QUOTE]
A couple generations wanted to be centers because of Russell, Wilt, and Kareem. Now everyone wants to be a 2 guard because of Jordan.

Big Perk is a legit banger now, they were a mess without him. He's come such a long way since he was drafted.

Yea he's developing into someone who can hold his own, who knows next year he'll continue to improve and I hope his fantasy value grows.

Yea everyone wants to be a guard these days, just to score pts.

This is the greatest era in the history of Boston sports, I don't care if the rest of the world doesn't like it. Bruins in 2009, book it.

[quote name='dafoomie']A couple generations wanted to be centers because of Russell, Wilt, and Kareem. Now everyone wants to be a 2 guard because of Jordan.

Big Perk is a legit banger now, they were a mess without him. He's come such a long way since he was drafted.[/quote]

Best quote I heard of Perkins was this.

"Perkins is a great player. Its amazing how many C/PF turn in into jump shooting small forwards after a few elbows in the ribs from Perkins."

Perkins is straight thug. He smashes cats in the post.

Thats why I knew Boston would win. They have a lot of those type players. Posey comes to mind instantly. The way he play Kobe was great. He wasnt trying to be his friend...he was in is face barking, hacking, snarling making sure Kobe knew that no matter how good everyone else thinks he is Posey is going to make him look like a bitch. And thats what he did.

Again. How the hell did Kobe win MVP? He was trash through out the entire series. They should strip it away and give it to CP3.

By the way. I fucking hate ESPN and all there stupid ass crews.

They bash KG, they bash Allen, they bash Doc then magically every one of them knows how good Boston was and how they knew they would win.

All of these chumps said the Lakers would win. Before each game they would say....I think boston will lose blah blah blah.

Chumps...thats all ESPN is...chumps.

First off let me say I am at my friends house in Whittier Hills, CA. Whittier is on the edge of Orange/LA county in the southeast part. I can see right over where the big downtown LA buildings are and it does look much darker then average over there at the moment so far no reported violence I am not near a TV at the moment so not sure whats going on over there.

With that being said my dad is so happy. He was born in Salem, MA, Grew up in Boston remembers the great games of the 70's. He never thought he would see a good Celitcs team. He was quite happy tonight ^_^.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Why did you bold and underline that last part?[/quote]You know I hit something on the keyboard and it just started doing it. I am to tired to figure out why it was doing that and how to fix it.

Quite an exciting night here. I can't believe since I've moved to Boston I've seen the Pats, sox and now the Celts all win championships.

I was 1 when they won the last time, and now I'm a college grad. It's not quite as ridiculous as the 86-year curse, but still, it sort of came out of left field.

[quote name='Soodmeg']What the duce? There are many soccer fans in CAG?

I constantly talk about soccer and no one response. We should make a soccer thread.

The worst thing about the ending of the finals is that there is a huge void from now till the begining of football season where baseball dominates every sports outlet. Its not that I dislike baseball...its just suck complete ass that you cant go or do anything without it being there. I am all about soccer during these times.[/quote]
you always have the WNBA and Arena Football. The Olympics are also this summer.

bread's done
Back