The Official 2007/2008 NBA thread

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Not all black people are aggressive. I'm not, Tim Duncan isn't, Marvin Harrison isn't, Barry Sanders wasn't.

Also, you see more demonstrative white athletes. Jeremy Shockey, Chuck Lidell, Andre Agassi.

However I would agree that the majority of each group tend to be portrayed as you say in the media.

That LeBron cover was a non-issue as far as I am concerned. Way too much was trying to be interpreted from it.

I also agree with you about interviewers needing to give people some time to calm down. I noticed they didn't even go to KG after talking to Doc, Pierce and Allen on the podium.[/quote]

I was when I played. My entire career. I have goopd memories of dunking on people and then staring them down after ward. (being only 6-1 the dunk is all the sweeter) even in college when I played soccer I was a powerhouse at the DMF position and if anyone tried to come into my area not only would I make sure they were taken down cleanly and but hard and I would make sure they knew it would that they should stay their ass out on the wings because the middle was my house.

And thats what it boils down to. Simply difference of style and thats it. We are both black guys (I assume) yet you take the Barry Sanders way and I took the Chad Johnson way.

I always thought the media covered both pretty closely. I have seen many a black athlete on the cover of mag in suits. Just never seen a huge problem.

[quote name='ph33r m3']I was laughin' so hard, I was hoping somebody would ask "Yo Scal, since you were such a big help this series, and get paid 3 million a year, what was your best moment of the series? When you dragged Pierce off the court or got Gatoradae for KG?"

What a tool.[/quote]

I wouldn't mind getting paid 3 million a year just to play as a backup where no one is expecting more than just being a backup.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Anyway those half time after the game on the spot interviews are stupid ass hell and I wish they would stop. Most of the players dont want to do them. And the usually ask really stupid questions that can only be answered one way. "Uhh I just think we need to play better in the second half...." They say it in every single interview.[/quote]
I think they're fine, it at least gives the viewers some insight as to what the players are thinking at that moment. Sports isn't just the physical aspect. Whatever goes through players minds at certain and critical parts of the game could more than likely determine the outcome of the game and these interviews can help the viewers see what they may be thinking. Though I agree, some of the questions are pretty obvious.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Yes, I played played basketball from 4th grade to college. I played high school ball in North Dakota, Maryland and Virginia. I was a state all-tournament player in the VCCS. I took the Tim Duncan route in everything I did. No cursing, no showboating, and respect for your opponent. Granted, I know I wasn't on the NBA stage however....

It is one thing to swear on a court after a hard foul or play. That is understandable. It is entirely another thing to do so after the game is over and you are being interviewed on national TV.

*edit* I just realized I failed to put that underlined part in my original post. My bad.

I have never seen anyone other than KG swear like that after winning the Finals. I could be wrong, but I don't ever recall Jordan, Bird, Pippen, Shaq, Kobe or whoever else you want to name drop an f-bomb in that particular situation (after winning the title). That is the main reason I had issue with it. Doc Rivers didn't do it, Ray Allen didn't do it, and Paul Pierce didn't do it either. They knew they were being interviewed on national TV and kept a dignity about themselves.[/quote]
Who knows, KG may have been raised in an environment where cursing was the norm. This could be KGs favorite way to express himself. It's definitely fine with me. I mean to me, he's just acting like his true self. Good or bad as it may look, KG looks like he had the most passion and that in itself is a beautiful thing. If you can't handle the cursing, just fucking grow up. If it offends you, just ignore it. It's way too hard in this time and age to not offend anyone. Give him a break, this is one of KG's greatest moments in life and he's never experienced anything like it.

[quote name='option.iv']If you can't handle the cursing, just fucking grow up. [/quote]

That statement contradicts itself.

I can handle it just fine when appropriate. I'm no prude, I use fuck from time to time, but I don't do it at church, I don't do it around my boss, I don't around my nephew, I didn't when I was interviewed by the newspaper. In casual conversion, maybe. Around friends, maybe. That's the point I'm making. Time and place is all.

I would argue that the immediate aftermath of a championship game is not the appropriate place for a network TV interview. The guy is probably at the most emotional point in his life, excluding the arbitrary words he's not allowed to say from his speech is not what is going through his head at that moment.

He's standing on the court after he's just won the championship game. He can say whatever he wants. If ABC wants to bleep him, and they did, thats fine. Thats what 5 second delays are for. But don't expect any athlete to be composed in the seconds after they've won a championship.

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=k-BoeBedZ3k&fmt=18[/media]

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Not all black people are aggressive. I'm not, Tim Duncan isn't, Marvin Harrison isn't, Barry Sanders wasn't.

Also, you see more demonstrative white athletes. Jeremy Shockey, Chuck Lidell, Andre Agassi.

However I would agree that the majority of each group tend to be portrayed as you say in the media.

That LeBron cover was a non-issue as far as I am concerned. Way too much was trying to be interpreted from it.

I also agree with you about interviewers needing to give people some time to calm down. I noticed they didn't even go to KG after talking to Doc, Pierce and Allen on the podium.[/QUOTE]

I'd wait on the details of that shooting before I'd call Harrison not aggressive

nba_g_celtics_395.jpg

:lol:.. early last season

These guys are professional athletes...they get paid to wear the uniform and come out and play basketball. I think that professional sports in general need to hold their athletes to some level of responsibility and maturity, and they do for the most part. Imagine how many 10 and under kids were watching that game and were wondering what their idol was saying. This issue started with me when Tiger was cursing after every shot he hit during the open over the weekend and continued with Garnett and the rest of them. I understand that they are in the heat of the moment and are really excited or frustrated, but they need to keep in mind that they are representing way more than themselves when they get paid to play the game and should be conducting themselves as responsible professionals. If I or anyone else did that at my job, I'm pretty sure that I would no longer have a job. Just my two cents...

[quote name='Michael Scott']These guys are professional athletes...they get paid to wear the uniform and come out and play basketball. I think that professional sports in general need to hold their athletes to some level of responsibility and maturity, and they do for the most part. Imagine how many 10 and under kids were watching that game and were wondering what their idol was saying. This issue started with me when Tiger was cursing after every shot he hit during the open over the weekend and continued with Garnett and the rest of them. I understand that they are in the heat of the moment and are really excited or frustrated, but they need to keep in mind that they are representing way more than themselves when they get paid to play the game and should be conducting themselves as responsible professionals. If I or anyone else did that at my job, I'm pretty sure that I would no longer have a job. Just my two cents...[/quote]

Dont pull the kid card please. Its bullshit.

Athletes ARE NOT ROLE MODELS. The problem is that you need to stop teaching your kids to look up to a random group of strangers that you see for only 48 min. Athletes are no more than random people that have a skill that allows them to play a sport on a pro level thats it. These guys are not god damn saints and they are preforming a job. And no where in their job description does it say "Teach the American kids how to be good functioning adults." Most of these guys come from absolutely nothing and was written off by the people around them then they go pro and all of a sudden everyone loves them. So this kid from the ghetto who you wouldnt even allow close to your family thinking he is a thug is now all of a sudden suppose to teach your kid how to behave?

I would go so far as to say that if your kid is looking up to an athlete as a role model you are failing some way as a parent. Because your kid shouldnt be looking up to a person he has never talked to, has only seen from a seat at a stadium and cant interact with. Not all athletes are bad there are some great ones that are role model material and even those I wouldnt allow my kids to view in that way.

Your kid should be looking at sports as entertainment and thats it. They shouldt be trying to take life lessons away from a football game. As a parent you should be teaching you kid to look up to people in their lives they can actually get advice from.

Also, I swear non stop at my job, so does my boss, so does every co-worker I have. I have yet to come even close to being fired. Not all jobs are tight suits, straight brim, yes sir, no sir kiss up to everyone type of jobs. I work in television.

[quote name='jlarlee']I'd wait on the details of that shooting before I'd call Harrison not aggressive[/quote]

I'm talking about on the field. I don't think Harrison is a Kirby Puckett type off the field, but you never know.

BTW, there is something creepy about Kobe Bryant in an ad that has Sacramento Kings colors.

I'm going to have to say that Athletes shouldn't be cursing when being interviewed, but they can curse all they want when the Camera can only catch what their lips are saying, not the actual sound. However, I can't blame the athletes. Most of these guys have not received a high level of education and have lived around hooligans their whole lives, so I am actually surprised they don't curse MORE. The blame should be put on the news casters. Why did they have to interview KG right as the buzzer rang? The interview was totally pointless. Not only did they interrupt KG and his celebration, but they also made viewers feel awkward as they couldn't understand a damn thing coming out of KGs mouth.

[quote name='help1']I'm going to have to say that Athletes shouldn't be cursing when being interviewed, but they can curse all they want when the Camera can only catch what their lips are saying, not the actual sound. However, I can't blame the athletes. Most of these guys have not received a high level of education and have lived around hooligans their whole lives, so I am actually surprised they don't curse MORE. The blame should be put on the news casters. Why did they have to interview KG right as the buzzer rang? The interview was totally pointless. Not only did they interrupt KG and his celebration, but they also made viewers feel awkward as they couldn't understand a damn thing coming out of KGs mouth.[/quote]

Actually...most of these guys went to college. And the fact that they hang around hooligans means nothing to how they talk.

I think you guys are being really naive and really have no understanding on what happens outside of a typically 9-5 job. I work in television I have witnessed it enough to know...almost every sportscaster, anchor, reporter, director, actor, stage hand whatever....spends an insane about of time swearing up and down constantly. And those guys have a very high level eduction. Tv is a extremely stressful environment that causes EVERYONE regardless of education background, race, color, creed to swear like a bandit.

Have you ever seen the outtakes of new shows? Anchors swear all the time.

Here is Chris Berman swearing

[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=3TLG_LtWhj4[/MEDIA]

Here is our beloved Dan Marion swearing and going crazy.

[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=qa9LNPwZIGA&feature=related[/MEDIA]

Here is a weather caster going crazy.

[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=RnjoyFOLCu8&feature=related[/MEDIA]

It happens all the time. You simply dont see it beacuse they either dump it or cut it out. Give me a god damn break here. Swearing does not equal a low IQ. Christ. :roll:

[quote name='Soodmeg']Actually...most of these guys went to college. And the fact that they hang around hooligans means nothing to how they talk.

I think you guys are being really naive and really have no understanding on what happens outside of a typically 9-5 job. I work in television I have witnessed it enough to know...almost every sportscaster, anchor, reporter, director, actor, stage hand whatever....spends an insane about of time swearing up and down constantly. And those guys have a very high level eduction. Tv is a extremely stressful environment that causes EVERYONE regardless of education background, race, color, creed to swear like a bandit.

Have you ever seen the outtakes of new shows? Anchors swear all the time.

Here is Chris Berman swearing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3TLG_LtWhj4

Here is our beloved Dan Marion swearing and going crazy.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qa9LNPwZIGA&feature=related

Here is a weather caster going crazy.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RnjoyFOLCu8&feature=related

It happens all the time. You simply dont see it beacuse they either dump it or cut it out. Give me a god damn break here. Swearing does not equal a low IQ. Christ. :roll:[/quote]

No it has nothing to do with IQ, and it has nothing to do with manners, but it can be perceived as a lack of self control and discipline, when done in a public forum.

The weatherman one was funny though because he had a goofy ass look of "I am soooo fired" on his face after the fact. :lol:

[quote name='Soodmeg']Actually...most of these guys went to college.[/quote]

Sure they all went to college. But did they attend class? Did they study? Hell no.

As for the journalist, you see athletes curing a lot more than you see weatherman or anchors cursing.

Also, cursing doesn't mean lower IQ, it means you have bad manners. This demeanor can be brought on by living around hooligans your whole life. Lets face it, most of these ball players grew up in crappy neighborhoods, so we let them get off with most of the crap they pull.

Just recently I saw an interview with Powe and he kept abusing grammar like it was nothing. "I wanna say ma thanks to ma moms."

[quote name='help1']Sure they all went to college. But did they attend class? Did they study? Hell no.

As for the journalist, you see athletes curing a lot more than you see weatherman or anchors cursing.

Also, cursing doesn't mean lower IQ, it means you have bad manners. This demeanor can be brought on by living around hooligans your whole life. Lets face it, most of these ball players grew up in crappy neighborhoods, so we let them get off with most of the crap they pull.

Just recently I saw an interview with Powe and he kept abusing grammar like it was nothing. "I wanna say ma thanks to ma moms."[/quote]

God damn your as stupid as you make all athletes out to be. Apparently you dont know that most college athletes actually dont make it to their pro level sports and go off to be business men and women and a good many of pro athletics have degrees in various subjects.

I also see you are just going to ignore the videos I posted. YOU see athletes cursing a lot more than weatherman. I WORKING IN fuckING TELEVISION see weather and anchors curse about the same. Stop trying to tell me what happens in television and film when you have no idea what you are talking about. Yeah athletes pull a lot of crap but so do actors, politicians, singers, etc etc so dont pull that shit.

Athletes growing up in bad neighborhoods means nothing for how much they swear or the way they talk. Each individual person talks how they want to talk.

But you are hell bent on your idiotic stereotypes so I will leave you to them. Why are you even in this thread? Have you even posted in this thread before now?

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Sood and I agree too often.

Is it the cynical journalist in us?

Probably.[/quote]

I believe you are correct sir.

Our work is just one of those things that can not be understood unless you are actually in it.

:lol:

And I for one and sick of these arguments. Lets get back to actually basketball and how the off season will go.

Speaking of the draft, what is the deal with Michael Beasley's height? To be honest he never looked 6'10" to me anyway. Kind of reminds me of Byron Houston years ago. In college he was supposedly 6'7" then for the draft he's 6'4 1/2". Do people really think they won't measure a guys height later?

It kind of reminds me of high school. They kept promoting one of our guys as 6'2". He was barely 5'11". I'm like, do you really think no one will notice? :roll:

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Speaking of the draft, what is the deal with Michael Beasley's height? To be honest he never looked 6'10" to me anyway. Kind of reminds me of Byron Houston years ago. In college he was supposedly 6'7" then for the draft he's 6'4 1/2". Do people really think they won't measure a guys height later?

It kind of reminds me of high school. They kept promoting one of our guys as 6'2". He was barely 5'11". I'm like, do you really think no one will notice? :roll:[/quote]

Doesn't really matter, dude's going to be a 3 anyways. It's probably better, if he was 6'10, he wouldn't be able to hold his own up against Boozer/Duncan/Stoudemire. Drawing comparisons to Glenn Robinson, but when I watch him play, I always saw a shorter Lamar Odom. Left handed, able to shoot the 3, rebound. Will probably be a better player though.

I don't like Rose that much, I think the hype for him is coming from Paul/Williams success. Watching him, I wasn't impressed. He's fast, his jumper is really inconsistent, has great court vision. I don't see him being anything better than a Hinrich/Ford.

The most cursed franchise in all of the NBA, my Golden State Warriors. Can you name the team who lost two all-star point guards within 5 years for absolutely nothing? Ding Ding Ding. The Golden State Warriors.

fuck you BD.

Yea I heard about Baron the other day and thought, "well there goes Golden State".
It kinda blows for Golden State, but they must be doing something wrong to lose players like this, it's kinda Garnett-ish

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Yea I heard about Baron the other day and thought, "well there goes Golden State".
It kinda blows for Golden State, but they must be doing something wrong to lose players like this, it's kinda Garnett-ish[/quote]

The fuckin' traitor the whole off-season said "I'm coming back to the Warriors" then the guy like 30 minutes before the deadline to opt out, opts out.

Reportedly Elton Brand is getting some max money from the Warriors.

Ellis
S-Jax
Harrington
Brand
Biedrins

Straight filthy.

[quote name='ph33r m3']The fuckin' traitor the whole off-season said "I'm coming back to the Warriors" then the guy like 30 minutes before the deadline to opt out, opts out.

Ellis
S-Jax
Harrington
Brand
Biedrins

Straight filthy.[/quote]

wait, so ellis would be the main distributor? i'm not sure if that's a good idea...i think the warriors should get a better passer to put at the PG spot and maybe jackson can play SF and have ellis be the SG

can brand play an up tempo game? can the dude run like that?

if so, i agree they can be pretty damn good next season

[quote name='ph33r m3']The most cursed franchise in all of the NBA, my Golden State Warriors. Can you name the team who lost two all-star point guards within 5 years for absolutely nothing? Ding Ding Ding. The Golden State Warriors.

fuck you BD.[/quote]

What curse? Monta Ellis can run point.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']What curse? Monta Ellis can run point.[/quote]

Ever since we traded Robert Parrish for jack shit, C-Webb for jack shit, Arenas left, now Baron.

Oh yeah, going to the playoffs once in 14 years.

[quote name='swetooth9']wait, so ellis would be the main distributor? i'm not sure if that's a good idea...i think the warriors should get a better passer to put at the PG spot and maybe jackson can play SF and have ellis be the SG

can brand play an up tempo game? can the dude run like that?

if so, i agree they can be pretty damn good next season[/quote]

Ellis has been groomed to be the PG. He would play a quarter every game this season as bringing the ball up the court. I wouldn't mind going after Jason Williams/Duhon something like that.

He doesn't need to run down really, Monta's the fastest guy in the league (next to Barbosa) he can do it himself.

I still want J-Rich back you homo.

How about we turn back the clock, Baron for Brandan Wright

[quote name='ph33r m3']Ever since we traded Robert Parrish for jack shit, C-Webb for jack shit, Arenas left, now Baron.

Oh yeah, going to the playoffs once in 14 years.

Ellis has been groomed to be the PG. He would play a quarter every game this season as bringing the ball up the court. I wouldn't mind going after Jason Williams/Duhon something like that.

He doesn't need to run down really, Monta's the fastest guy in the league (next to Barbosa) he can do it himself.

How about we turn back the clock, Baron for Brandan Wright[/quote]

The problem is Don Nelson. He definitely puts together entertaining teams, but that doesn't always equal deep playoff runs. It was no surprise Avery Johnson stressed defense and got to the finals.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']The problem is Don Nelson. He definitely puts together entertaining teams, but that doesn't always equal deep playoff runs. It was no surprise Avery Johnson stressed defense and got to the finals.[/quote]

Nelson ran up against the Lakers dynasty...but it is tough to win in an up and down style.

Nelson did dominate the Mavs in 07.

[quote name='ph33r m3']The most cursed franchise in all of the NBA, my Golden State Warriors. Can you name the team who lost two all-star point guards within 5 years for absolutely nothing? Ding Ding Ding. The Golden State Warriors.

fuck you BD.[/QUOTE]

Naw the Clippers are much more cursed. GS is better off BD can't go a whole season anymore

[quote name='ph33r m3']Ever since we traded Robert Parrish for jack shit, C-Webb for jack shit, Arenas left, now Baron.[/QUOTE]
Don't forget, it was Robert Parrish AND Kevin McHale (his draft pick anyway), basically for Joe Barry Carroll.

[quote name='ph33r m3']

How about we turn back the clock, Baron for Brandan Wright[/quote]

j-rich is ours :D best trade ever haha. and he's only 27 ftw

and what do you mean "he doesn't need to run down really"...how's he gonna be involved in the offense if he doesn't catch up when they fastbreak every 2 plays?

[quote name='swetooth9']j-rich is ours :D best trade ever haha. and he's only 27 ftw

and what do you mean "he doesn't need to run down really"...how's he gonna be involved in the offense if he doesn't catch up when they fastbreak every 2 plays?[/quote]

The J-Rich trade was a win/lose trade. We needed capspace to re-sign Monta/Beads. I've always loved J-Rich...gave it 100% everytime.

Elton would be an outlet passer....Beads is our center and he rarely hits 1/2 court before the plays been made.

I'd rather go after Andre Igoudala or Josh Smith...

Why did you draft Augustine? How about Al Harrington for Raymold Felton....or a cheese sandwich for Adam Morrison

[quote name='ph33r m3']The J-Rich trade was a win/lose trade. We needed capspace to re-sign Monta/Beads. I've always loved J-Rich...gave it 100% everytime.

Elton would be an outlet passer....Beads is our center and he rarely hits 1/2 court before the plays been made.

I'd rather go after Andre Igoudala or Josh Smith...

Why did you draft Augustine? How about Al Harrington for Raymold Felton....or a cheese sandwich for Adam Morrison[/quote]

we basically had only 1 pg last year, felton. so we drafted augustin, a good pure pass-first PG, to backup felton. Augustin is a pg who will make players around him better, so that's why i guess we went for him

at first i was shocked because i was sure we would take bayless since he dropped all the way to us, but i can't complain. we filled one of our needs, and hopefully he'll turn out good for us

Iggy or J-Smoov would be great on the warriors...now that you lost BD, i'm sure you'll have the $$$ to sign either one if nelson wants them..both good fastbreak finishers and both good defenders (well...j-smoov is a good weakside defender at least)

Its not a sure bet, but theres a very real possibility that Corey Maggette could sign with the Celtics for the full MLE and come off the bench.

San Antonio and the Cetlics seem to be the frontrunners, both offering the full MLE. Golden State and the Clippers can offer more money, but they're both pursuing Elton Brand. He'd start in San Antonio, but the Celtics are the champs, and Doc Rivers has been a friend of the family for many years.

[quote name='dafoomie']Its not a sure bet, but theres a very real possibility that Corey Maggette could sign with the Celtics for the full MLE and come off the bench.

San Antonio and the Cetlics seem to be the frontrunners, both offering the full MLE. Golden State and the Clippers can offer more money, but they're both pursuing Elton Brand. He'd start in San Antonio, but the Celtics are the champs, and Doc Rivers has been a friend of the family for many years.[/quote]

as if those teams aren't stacked enough...damn...

[quote name='yukine']Shame about BD.

Sorry ph33r m3. :([/quote]

I'm all for BD getting his money...no problem with that...he did a great thing for this franchise. The problem I do have however:

Don't be a punk little bitch and opt out 30 minutes for the deadline when you tell everyone EVEN YOUR OWN COACH "I'm staying".

This throws the front office for a loop, you go from looking at someone like a Maggette/Rasheed Wallace, to now scrambling for Brand/Igoudala/Smith.

I don't know how you prove collusion but what just happened was...take it for what you will....Brand opts out at 4:30 PM....Baron opts out at 4:45 PM....outta nowhere. Baron then signs with the Clips....I wouldn't be shocked if Baron had something going on with Brand...

Maggette IMO is going to the Spurs...dude's a FT machine...

[quote name='ph33r m3']I'm all for BD getting his money...no problem with that...he did a great thing for this franchise. The problem I do have however:

Don't be a punk little bitch and opt out 30 minutes for the deadline when you tell everyone EVEN YOUR OWN COACH "I'm staying".

This throws the front office for a loop, you go from looking at someone like a Maggette/Rasheed Wallace, to now scrambling for Brand/Igoudala/Smith.

I don't know how you prove collusion but what just happened was...take it for what you will....Brand opts out at 4:30 PM....Baron opts out at 4:45 PM....outta nowhere. Baron then signs with the Clips....I wouldn't be shocked if Baron had something going on with Brand...

Maggette IMO is going to the Spurs...dude's a FT machine...[/quote]

i mean, it's not like he can shoot that well, as least not from deep...how else he gonna score besides drivin?

[quote name='swetooth9']i mean, it's not like he can shoot that well, as least not from deep...how else he gonna score besides drivin?[/quote]

You mean Maggette? I have no idea...but this guy everytime he faced the Warriors...he went to the line at least 30 free throws a game....

So whats the word on Patrick O'Bryant? Seems to be a high pick that didn't pan out, but here he's a backup 5 behind Perkins at minimum salary. Not even the primary backup 5, actually, but they needed a 7 footer to compliment Powe and Big Baby.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dafoomie']So whats the word on Patrick O'Bryant? Seems to be a high pick that didn't pan out, but here he's a backup 5 behind Perkins at minimum salary. Not even the primary backup 5, actually, but they needed a 7 footer to compliment Powe and Big Baby.[/quote]

He sucks ass.....horrible work ethic....terribly slow...can't play...he got worked over in a 15 minute practice trying out for the Celtics....he went to the D-League and barely averaged 10/10....he's the worst thing to come to the league since Manute Bol....

Aquiring Courtney Lee and signing Peitrus the Magic definitely now have to many guards, time to get rid of some, but at least this week i got to watch Durant, Rose, and Beasley all get to play this week at summer league at work,Lee played fantastic for us, very good stuff.

[quote name='Layd Dly']Aquiring Courtney Lee and signing Peitrus the Magic definitely now have to many guards, time to get rid of some, but at least this week i got to watch Durant, Rose, and Beasley all get to play this week at summer league at work,Lee played fantastic for us, very good stuff.[/quote]

Haha have fun with Pietrus....he's actually slightly retarded....he steps outta bounds and travels more than any player i've ever seen...

With the rumor mill going on about a possible trade of Lamar Odom for Ron Artest, I'm a bit intrigued with the idea of Artest and Bryant playing side by side :whistle2:k

[quote name='ph33r m3']The fuckin' traitor the whole off-season said "I'm coming back to the Warriors" then the guy like 30 minutes before the deadline to opt out, opts out.

Ellis
S-Jax
Harrington
Brand
Biedrins

Straight filthy.[/QUOTE]

Just too bad that didnt happen huh... went for a little less to the sixers... who now have a competitive starting 5

[quote name='zman73']Just too bad that didnt happen huh... went for a little less to the sixers... who now have a competitive starting 5[/quote]

Didn't happen....but i'd still put the 76ers behind:

Celtics
Magic
Toronto
Cleveland

bread's done
Back