The Official CAG June 2013 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first SOC!!! I'm in love. 

20130610_183721_zpsb2d9013e.jpg

20130610_220253-1.jpg

I like that the Blu-ray keeps the "Look inside Finn's head" thing the DVD had. Surprised it's only one disc.

20130610_220332-1.jpg

With Extras!

20130610_220355-1.jpg

Without Extras!

Last edited by a moderator:
WP_000186.jpg

I only needed one patch cable, but I decided to buy a few more since shipping is so high to just buy one. 

The 3DS cradle is for my 3DS XL that I had to order directly from Nintendo, the rest is pretty self explanatory.

WP_000188.jpg

20130612_142120-1.jpg

I have absolutely no idea where I am going to put this.

20130612_142212-1.jpg

Because the only thing better than JAM Project is JAM Project with a full orchestra.

I suppose its not a full pickup. Got this GBA SP two weeks ago in terrible but working condition for $2. Finally got my new case in so a quick swap and now she looks like new.

ynawH2L.jpg

This is the swag I picked up at one of the Nintendo E3 at Best Buy events. The only other swag I saw was a Luigi hat that looked liked the ones in the Halloween costumes and a Wii U lanyard.

I picked this Mario Kart Wii w/ wheel up form a Goodwill for $20. It is still sealed and in great shape.

My girlfriend's pick up from Gamestop.

The rest of this stuff I picked up from garage sales today.

I got both for $1. Both are complete. I passed on Rambo III and Hang On/Safari Hunt.

This is the find of the day for me. I got all this for $10. Stack on the left is all Nintendo Powers, issues 20-50.  Now I think I have the complete Zelda and Star Fox comics (not sure. correct me if I am wrong). Stack on the right is all GamePro magazine from late '96- late '97. These are great because they are talking about the "Ultra 64" and a bunch of other consoles other than the big three at the time. Oh how they hope for the Virtua Boy to be great. Oh to see video game ads for games I am kicking myself for not having a summer job then or the forethought of rarity; Mega Man X3, Lucienne's Quest, Chrono Trigger...   Anyway now I have duplicates of 24,35,37-40,43, & 45 of Nintendo Power if anyone wants to trade for some reader's copies.

Finally found this whole box of Mechwarrior minis for $5. I haven't played the game so I don't know if there is anything good. I bought these with the intent on converting them for Heroscape battles.

@squarehard

How is the King of Thorns anime? I really enjoyed the manga. Especially the art style and pacing. Does it translate well?

@squarehard

How is the King of Thorns anime? I really enjoyed the manga. Especially the art style and pacing. Does it translate well?
It's actually a decent title on its own, but unfortunately the film actually takes it in a completely different direction as far as plot is concerned, and basically the characters are just really there by name, but that's about it. Definitely not something that is loyal to the manga at all, but you will probably still enjoy it since it's not bad on its own.

Pickups from the deepdiscount "sale".

Also getting over 70 different manga in in the past week as I've been on a frenzy with that. Might post them all when I get them all in.

20130615_205907-1.jpg

Did come with slipcover, but I started watching right away and didn't bother to put it back on yet.

20130615_205843-1.jpg

Whoever designed the Mel Brooks set, thank you for not adding that stupid blue bar.

Picked these up this afternoon.

SjMj22y.jpg

F-Zero was $10, Last Remnant was $10, Magna Carta was $30 and Pandora's Tower was New for $40

I know this is a poor thread to ask this in, but I see a lot of people buying Ouyas.

I want one, but I've heard to very disconcerting issues. Controller lag and constant micro-transactions pop-ups. I heard that the controller lag makes some games virtually unplayable and that with the constant requests for micro-transactions popping up, that it is very easy to inadvertently purchase things you don't intend (and that the system is lacking an "are you sure you want to purchase this..." check).

Have either of these issues been resolved?

I haven't hooked mine up yet. I need to grab an HDMI to DVI adapter still (hopefully today or tomorrow). I'll let you know once I do.

I know this is a poor thread to ask this in, but I see a lot of people buying Ouyas.

I want one, but I've heard to very disconcerting issues. Controller lag and constant micro-transactions pop-ups. I heard that the controller lag makes some games virtually unplayable and that with the constant requests for micro-transactions popping up, that it is very easy to inadvertently purchase things you don't intend (and that the system is lacking an "are you sure you want to purchase this..." check).

Have either of these issues been resolved?
I was not been aware of those issues and I haven't experienced them with my Ouya. Then again I haven't really played it that much since there are not many games on it right now and most of my play time has been with NES games.

As an NES player, it's great.

These are about 2/3 of the manga I ordered showing up. Gohastings hasn't failed me yet when it comes to manga. All got here in great shape and none reeked of smoke! Got most of these on a whim, or just glanced at reviews and pulled the trigger. I'll see what i got into once I start combing through these.

Picked up these two at the local game store for $10 after I traded in some old sports games I wasn't playing on my 360.

7R3JAkK.jpg

I just won a massive switch box on ebay.  Gonna take work and $$$ to make it do the job I need, but it's gonna be so awesome when it's done!  12 inputs, 8 outputs.  I can run composite, S-vid, component, and whatever else will run through coaxial cable ;D

big-assswitch_zps7acd880b.jpg

These also showed up yesterday.  Got my new guy testing them all out.  So far they all seem to be 100% salvageable :D

null_zps59af8cc9.jpg

Picked up some nice stuff locally today, notably:

Lunar the Silver Star (Sega CD): $34.99 (complete, mint)

Phantasy Star (Master System): $19.99 (complete, near mint, manual is a B probably)

Gallop Racer 2006 (PS2): $1.99

All from a local Half Price Books. They also had a Burning Rangers (Saturn) complete and mint for $89.99 which is a great price but I already have it disc only and couldn't justify spending the money. Also a beautiful copy of Shining the Holy Ark (Saturn) for $49.99 which I considered but passed on and a Shantae (GBC) for $199.99. Someone traded in an awesome collection.

I just won a massive switch box on ebay. Gonna take work and $$$ to make it do the job I need, but it's gonna be so awesome when it's done! 12 inputs, 8 outputs. I can run composite, S-vid, component, and whatever else will run through coaxial cable ;D

big-assswitch_zps7acd880b.jpg

These also showed up yesterday. Got my new guy testing them all out. So far they all seem to be 100% salvageable :D

null_zps59af8cc9.jpg
good gravy that's a lot of gameboys :whee:

I just won a massive switch box on ebay. Gonna take work and $$$ to make it do the job I need, but it's gonna be so awesome when it's done! 12 inputs, 8 outputs. I can run composite, S-vid, component, and whatever else will run through coaxial cable ;D

These also showed up yesterday. Got my new guy testing them all out. So far they all seem to be 100% salvageable :D
good gravy that's a lot of gameboys :whee:
50 more on the way too :p

null_zps59af8cc9.jpg
Wiggy I love the stuff you sell on your site, do you mind me asking where you get all of these? XD Since you said they all arrived today I'm assuming you bought them in bulk somewhere. I'm very interested in how you run your business :)

Thanks!

I get them all on eBay. I buy the various non-Nintendo portables from a handful of Japanese sellers, and about 90% of the Gameboys come from one seller. I like to buy in bulk mostly because it saves me time searching for single units or small lots. They typically need some TLC, but that's half the fun for me :)

As far as how I run things, well, it's largely by the seat of my pants. This is my first go at running my own business and every day is part of the learning process. Heck, if you wanna hear a little more about how I got started and how I do things,, then check this out ;)

http://www.secondopiniongames.com/post/2055

324d883c-c8e2-4772-b8c7-23c1efd90b8c_zps65d7befa.jpg

I finally got a new PS2 slim, so I got a bunch of new PS2 games. Unfortunately the PS2 needs a new drive motor. It's not a big deal, but I hate having to wait. :cry:

Someone donated like at least 150 DVDs to the library I work at. Im not really up to date with movie prices so I just grabbed the "Collectors Editions" and box sets. They will sell them for like $1 apiece if we dont use them for our collection. I tossed a $20 in the book sale box. 

Amazon offers like 5 cents for most of those but I could double my $ trading just House Of Cards Trilogy and From Dusk Till Dawn Exclusive Collection.

I got these at my local pawn shop today. First good score in a very long time. I went in yesterday and they told me about the N64 games, but due to their policy, they couldn't sell them until today. I put them on hold and went in today to pick them up and was surprised to find some other awesome stuff. I paid $25 for it all thanks to their amazing prices and a "buy 2 get 1 free" sale.

I didn't really get a chance to look through the whole tote so I decided to go back an hour later and found there:

I completely missed the DK Controller the first time, so glad I went back. This set only cost $8.

Someone donated like at least 150 DVDs to the library I work at. Im not really up to date with movie prices so I just grabbed the "Collectors Editions" and box sets. They will sell them for like $1 apiece if we dont use them for our collection. I tossed a $20 in the book sale box.

Amazon offers like 5 cents for most of those but I could double my $ trading just House Of Cards Trilogy and From Dusk Till Dawn Exclusive Collection.
I'll give you 5 cents for the Bond set ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back