The Official CAG June 2013 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
20130621_162109-1.jpg

I had almost given up on completing the series until I checked the Amazon listing on a whim. Only paid $16 for it.

20130622_154029-1.jpg

20130622_154057-1.jpg

I paid $36.99 for Transformers, through SecondSpin, but the price tag on the actual product is $31.99. Think SecondSpin would give me a price change + 30% off, or would that be too late since I opened it?

I got my free 3DS this week :D  I love the system so far, definitely my favorite handheld purchase ever.  

I also picked up Fire Emblem: Awakening the next day with GameStop credit and so far I'm liking it :)

Nothing super cool for me today. Just picked up Kirby's Dream Collection from Gamestop for $30 as I figured I should probably get it before it becomes too scarce. Actually went to the Gamestop as they possibly had a Metroid Prime Trilogy in stock but it was gone when I got there. The Pokemon games were from a few lowballs on here. Gotta replace the batteries in them but I've been looking to pick them up again.

lUTw4Xz.jpg

Here are my pickups from CCAG.

null_zps7a7fe647.jpg

null_zpsaf607535.jpg

null_zps60fd3ebc.jpg

null_zpse37c2726.jpg

100 or so DS cases and 100 black UGCs from fellow TCP members that were at the show, a few repros that I haven't seen before, turbo everdrive (FINALLY! Thanks SAG!), some cheap, fun NES games (forgot how awesome Zanac's cover art is!), a fresh Luigi hat (literally fresh. The one I picked up last year is getting pretty worn and no-so-fresh), and a retro duo that I won for having the best display at the show :D

Oh, and the mini paintings were from a TCP member's girlie who shared my table with me for a good chunk of the show.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are my pickups from CCAG.

null_zps7a7fe647.jpg

null_zpsaf607535.jpg

null_zps60fd3ebc.jpg

null_zpse37c2726.jpg

100 or so DS cases and 100 black UGCs from fellow TCP members that were at the show, a few repros that I haven't seen before, turbo everdrive (FINALLY! Thanks SAG!), some cheap, fun NES games (forgot how awesome Zanac's cover art is!), a fresh Luigi hat (literally fresh. The one I picked up last year is getting pretty worn and no-so-fresh), and a retro duo that I won for having the best display at the show :D

Oh, and the mini paintings were from a TCP member's girlie who shared my table with me for a good chunk of the show.
You bought a flash cart?!?! :whistle2:o :whee: I thought that went against everything you stood for.

Wait, they actually released a Gundam Wing game in the US?

Nope, it's a repro cart ;) all three of the SNES games are. Bonk 2 is a translation (as is Gundam) and New retro Mario bros is a ROM hack.

You bought a flash cart?!?! :whistle2:o :whee: I thought that went against everything you stood for.
Dude, it so does! But TG-16 games are so pricey now, and I really don't want to invest the $$$ in that library at the moment. I'm trying to wrap up my SNES collection, and that's gonna cost a ton, so it'll be a while before I buy any super pricey games for other systems :/

Kinda off topic, but does anyone know how to embed a video? Last time I tried to post a video it just posted the link, and it didn't embed it into the post.

Kinda off topic, but does anyone know how to embed a video? Last time I tried to post a video it just posted the link, and it didn't embed it into the post.

Try posting it, then edit>unlink. Worked for me, though I expect there is an easier way I haven't figured out.

Nope, it's a repro cart ;) all three of the SNES games are. Bonk 2 is a translation (as is Gundam) and New retro Mario bros is a ROM hack.

Dude, it so does! But TG-16 games are so pricey now, and I really don't want to invest the $$$ in that library at the moment. I'm trying to wrap up my SNES collection, and that's gonna cost a ton, so it'll be a while before I buy any super pricey games for other systems :/

BS you used to sell repros on your site and I as well as others gave you flake about selling unlicensed repros. A bit ironic for someone to be against them yet sells them.

My picks up at the flea market last week. Paid $15 for all of it.

I'm in the middle of moving, so I have bought very little lately and most of what I have bought has been for the house (decorations and whatnot, such as: this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, and more). As far as entertainment stuff goes, here is what I have bought these last two months:

201306pickups.jpg

201306pickups2.jpg

Don't know why I bothered to include the phone, but they were $5 and came with free minutes, so we bought a couple for emergencies. I also bought a copy of Too Human but forgot to include it. I'm waiting for an order to come in the mail; I'll toss it in with that. And once our escrow closes, maybe I'll show off a picture or two of the new house.

@ZombieToast - Glory of Heracles is actually pretty good despite its linearity. The random encounters are truly random and the story is interesting. Shame it dropped in value so much.

needler420 said:
BS you used to sell repros on your site and I as well as others gave you flake about selling unlicensed repros. A bit ironic for someone to be...
The flash cart. Learn to read.

I'm in the middle of moving, so I have bought very little lately and most of what I have bought has been for the house (decorations and whatnot, such as: this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, and more). As far as entertainment stuff goes, here is what I have bought these last two months:

Don't know why I bothered to include the phone, but they were $5 and came with free minutes, so we bought a couple for emergencies. I also bought a copy of Too Human but forgot to include it. I'm waiting for an order to come in the mail; I'll toss it in with that. And once our escrow closes, maybe I'll show off a picture or two of the new house.
Exciting news about the house! Looking forward to seeing it!

@Wiggy - I sent you a PM a while back on here. Didn't know if you had a chance to look at it though. Just a quick question.

As for June, I picked up some non yard sale things. I got my preorder of Project X Zone paid off, Monster Hunter Ultimate 3DS, and I got a Polar Whirlwind Skylander from Skylanders Day at Gamestop. I'll put up pictures later when I get Project X Zone.

Legality wise there is no difference as both are unlicensed and illegal.

Honestly who really cares. It amazes me how much people care over such pointless and insignificant things such as flash carts and repros for 25 year old game systems.

Honestly who really cares. It amazes me how much people care over such pointless and insignificant things such as flash carts and repros for 25 year old game systems.

Probably why the same reason CheapD cares that people don't solicit piracy related content on his site. No bootlegs, modchips, or other piracy-related items.

My guess would be people care because It's still illegal regardless of how old it is.

Probably why the same reason CheapD cares that people don't solicit piracy related content on his site. No bootlegs, modchips, or other piracy-related items.

My guess would be people care because It's still illegal regardless of how old it is.

I suppose I have better things to do then pester other people over their purchases and what they do on the internet. My bad.

Legality wise there is no difference as both are unlicensed and illegal.
Incorrect, as usual.

Also, unlicensed products are not "illegal" by default. You toss that into like every post as if it means something. If that were true, then my unlicensed iPod charger would be illegal.

That's because a lot of people on this site think it's illegal to wipe upwards after taking a shit. Seriously, some people on this site are so quick to scream about fraud or something being illegal. It must be a tortured little existence... :3

How about a nice little collection update? I think so!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwXJNzmJsco

20130624_190016-1.jpg

Picked up Beetleborgs to get free shipping on Superman. Forgot WB used flipper discs for the series.

20130624_190039-1.jpg

Surprised they managed to fit all 4 games on 2 discs. Curious how they did it on DVD.

Legit Jealous of this :)

I love the whole series and really wanted a physical copy for it. Didn't they also have a special edition for this?
Yeah, I really wanted a Physical Copy for it rather than a Digital Download. Thank you Japan for saving the day. :lol: The only difference with this version is that the Winning Quotes are in Japanese and some of the Character Names had been changed. Everything else is in English.

Yes there is. Its e-Capcom Limited Edition if Im not mistaken, and it only comes with a Premium Soundtrack.

Yeah, I really wanted a Physical Copy for it rather than a Digital Download. Thank you Japan for saving the day. :lol: The only difference with this version is that the Winning Quotes are in Japanese and some of the Character Names had been changed. Everything else is in English.

Yes there is. Its e-Capcom Limited Edition if Im not mistaken, and it only comes with a Premium Soundtrack
Like J Talbian is Gallon and what not. Really tempted to pick it up now. How much did you get it for?

That LE would of been worth it for that Soundtrack. DS3 soundtrack is so great haha.

@ZombieToast - Glory of Heracles is actually pretty good despite its linearity. The random encounters are truly random and the story is interesting. Shame it dropped in value so much.
Yeah, I've actually played it before and I liked it quite a bit. Not the best JRPG I've ever played, but it's worth picking up.

Yeap. I picked it up for 35.21 shipped on Amazon.
On US amazon? Cannot find :(

Random JP goodies that showed up yesterday.

null_zpsc29fb879.jpg

puyo puyo 2 - 3.25
DBZ - 9.5
KOF 96 - 7.50
Mobile Suit z Gundamn L.E. (Saturn) - 5.50
Puyo Puyo Sun - 5.50
Battle Robot Retsuden - .75
Super Robot Wars EX - 2.00
Ganbare Goemon 3 - 12.50
Xmas Nights - 6.50

This thing is pretty awesome. I still can't believe that we got this game!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yq0rZBSBgC0

20130626_184903-1.jpg

Picked this upbintendig to resell, but it has actually been pretty fun so far. Will probably still resell, but not after extensive playtime.

20130626_184755-1.jpg

Found this at Walmart for $50:

xapz.jpg

Also found this (with a tore up box top, but otherwise brand new) for $60:

8pqq.jpg

Still debating if I want to keep either/or. :razz:

20130626_184903-1.jpg

Picked this upbintendig to resell, but it has actually been pretty fun so far. Will probably still resell, but not after extensive playtime.

20130626_184755-1.jpg

I don't even own a 3DS at the moment but this limited edition seems like it may become hard to come by in the future so I ended up ordering it. Also planning on getting Shin Megami Tensei IV, and at that point will pretty much have to track down a console cheap.

I don't even own a 3DS at the moment but this limited edition seems like it may become hard to come by in the future so I ended up ordering it. Also planning on getting Shin Megami Tensei IV, and at that point will pretty much have to track down a console cheap.
I'm surprised it's selling out. Since it did poorly in Japan and you can still get a Limited Edition of it cheaply.

I'm surprised it's selling out. Since it did poorly in Japan and you can still get a Limited Edition of it cheaply.
I think the fanbase for those types of games are still so shocked that it was released here (with an LE, to boot) that they are ravenously buying it up. lol

I think the fanbase for those types of games are still so shocked that it was released here (with an LE, to boot) that they are ravenously buying it up. lol
I think it has more to do with the fact that everyone's buying an extra copy to resell down the road. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back