The Official CAG June 2013 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the fanbase for those types of games are still so shocked that it was released here (with an LE, to boot) that they are ravenously buying it up. lol

I think it has more to do with the fact that everyone's buying an extra copy to resell down the road. ;)
Exactly what I was thinking also. Good thing it's actually selling though. Namco barely even brought it over.

BTW Zaku just watched your unboxing on it and I definitely can't wait to get a copy of it :)

Exactly what I was thinking also. Good thing it's actually selling though. Namco barely even brought it over.

BTW Zaku just watched your unboxing on it and I definitely can't wait to get a copy of it :)
It is pretty damn awesome. I love compact little CEs like that. They look great and display quite nicely!

20130628_002137-1.jpg

Aw yeah first time! These are all my June... I'm thinking July will be super barren in terms of gaming/films. But who knows, Upgrade and Save returns...

lya0FJ0.jpg

ioJniba.jpg

$10 from the flea market. Power Strike makes me need MUSHA all that much more.

stuff my girlfriend picked up at the Cleveland video game convention. The SNES game is Secret of Mana 2. Repros for the win. I couldn't find a good score to save my life. I probably will skip next year.

I got this for $25 off of Craigslist. They emailed me later saying they found the box and I have not heard from them in about a week. :evil: I hate when people on Craigslist drop off the face of the planet.

I found these at a church rummage sale for $15. The Wizardry collection has a funny note from Sir-Tech about running out of proper boxes for one of the scenarios. It is funny how "out of our parents basement" the video game scene was back in the day.

Put "Limited Edition" on the title and people go bat shit crazy over it. For MSRP it's a nice bonus though, I strolled through Target today and picked one up. Is this game hard to find? They have one more copy but that was like 8 hours ago.

It seems to be the norm nowadays for people to pick up 2, what ever floats your boat I guess.

I didn't know JL came with a slipcover...
Season 2 did, did you recently buy it? I bought mine in Feb and it came with a slip from Amazon. Do you think they are ever going to release Unlimited or this is it?

Put "Limited Edition" on the title and people go bat shit crazy over it. For MSRP it's a nice bonus though, I strolled through Target today and picked one up. Is this game hard to find? They have one more copy but that was like 8 hours ago.

It seems to be the norm nowadays for people to pick up 2, what ever floats your boat I guess.
Yea no kidding. Every time a game comes out that's "Limited Edition" and sells out before and after release people really try to flip it even though it might not even be that rare.

As for it being hard to find I'm not particulary sure did you buy the LE or the regular edition at target?

Here is my latest (and probably last) pickup for June:

201306pickups3.jpg

I was going to include Too Human, but we're trying to move next week, so I already packed up my gaming collection. It's now a huge stack of boxes on the floor. I had no idea how heavy my collection is!

Anyway, I have had the Vita since it released and this is my very first retail game for it. I basically just got the Vita on a whim because I had enough credit at GameStop...but I wasn't terribly interested in the games available at the time. The good ones were either overpriced or ones that I already have on other consoles, so I've stuck with exclusive PSN games this whole time. I've been wanting to play AC: Liberation for a while, though, and I finally bought it when it was on sale for $20. Having never opened the game slot, I didn't realize just how tiny the games are!

In other news: we have handed over the check and signed the title paperwork for our new house. The check and loan still have to go through, so it's not officially ours yet, but they expect to give us the key on Monday or Tuesday. In the meantime, I'll share a few pictures from our first walk-through. Don't worry, I'm putting everything in a spoiler tag so you don't have to see them if you don't want to:

The front of the house (it's around 1600-1700 square feet if you're interested). Sorry about the flare:
house01.jpg

Here's what the front "yard" looks like:
house02.jpg

After living on a large piece of property full of constantly dying plants and trees, we wanted something completely different. I would prefer to have a nice lawn full of lush grass, but that is immensely difficult to pull off out here in the desert...so a sea of concrete and rocks is the next best thing.

The gazebo and 2-car garage/workshop. There is also a boat shed off to the left side. The entire lot is about 13,000 square feet:
house03.jpg

Part of the living room:
house04.jpg

Dining area:
house05.jpg

Small kitchen, but we'll get used to it:
house06.jpg

Breakfast bar:
house07.jpg

Small portion of the laundry/mud room:
house08.jpg

Portion of the family room and, more importantly, the wet bar:
house09.jpg

Garden tub in master bathroom...surrounded by ugly wallpaper:
house10.jpg

And that's it for now; we didn't take many pictures. It's certainly not the fanciest house (although it's in near-perfect shape) and I hate the wood paneling, but there is lots of room and the place feels very cozy. It's also in a much safer/quieter area. The only drawback is that I'll have to give up my beloved cable internet. I might be able to get DSL, but there are no guarantees yet. One company has a waiting list (and a usage cap!) and the other one charges $82/month for a mere 7Mbps.

Yay wood panelling and gross wallpaper! Our house was like ALL wood panelled when we moved in. Looks good though! I hope you guys enjoy it :)

Picked these up for $20

null_zpseb65d9cc.jpg

Aaaaand my office moved for the 2nd time in about 3 months. Didn't take long for me to outgrow it, and adding an employee to the mix made it into a sardine can :/

null_zps2a15b594.jpg

Old office was about 11x12, new is 10x20. We fit a lot better so far (except for this damned 700lb piano that my wife insisted on getting that has no permanent home in the house and I am now stuck with in my freakin' office).

null_zps8fcdeb79.jpg

null_zps91d859e8.jpg

Still a work in progress, but it's coming along.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am extremely jealous of that breakfast bar zombietoast :bouncy: wood panelling sucks of course, but it isn't the end of the world (or at least that is what I'm telling myself until ours is finally removed ;)). Cool of you to share pictures :D

I am extremely jealous of that breakfast bar zombietoast :bouncy: wood panelling sucks of course, but it isn't the end of the world (or at least that is what I'm telling myself until ours is finally removed ;)). Cool of you to share pictures :D
Gotta love the 70's!

When we went house hunting last year we saw a lot of homes like that. Among some of the homes we were looking at a lot of homes were built in the 60's and 70's.

What APR did you get ZombieToast? I've been seeing that they are climbing now, we got lucky and locked in a 3.25% last year.

Oa8SPwfl.jpg

Thanks to Skiizim I had saved myself the trip of going to Gamestop to get Project X Zone and then PM Walmart's Price for Animal Crossing at Best Buy I just went down the street to my local Target and used a $20 giftcard I had found today and bought both. Pretty sure this is my last and only gaming pick up for this month and for a while until Persona comes out :)

Yay wood panelling and gross wallpaper! Our house was like ALL wood panelled when we moved in. Looks good though! I hope you guys enjoy it :)
Thanks! It's currently not much to look at, but there is plenty of space and we like the layout. We're thinking of maybe putting up some drywall, but we're not entirely sure. At the very least, we want to do something with our son's room so he can have his walls painted like they are here (we were working on a jungle/ocean/space theme) and so we can put up those big vinyl wall stickers. He's got some really cool ones that fit in with his room themes, but there's no way to make them stick to the wood paneling because of the grooves.

I didn't think much of the breakfast bar at first, but it will be very handy when we have parties. It's in the same area as the wet bar, so it should be a great conversation area. I was thinking of perhaps putting our ping pong table there, but I might just stick it in the garage. We have a lot to sort out in the next month or two!

As for the wood paneling, it's actually not so bad for the most part. I lived with it for years at my old house and I never had any issues with it. But I think it might look funny with a lot of the nerdy stuff I plan on putting up in the bar area. And more importantly, as I mentioned to Wiggy, it makes it more difficult to decorate my son's room, especially considering we want to turn one of the walls into a giant magnet/chalkboard with a customizable marble run. I think we can still technically do that, but it won't be as easy.

Gotta love the 70's!

When we went house hunting last year we saw a lot of homes like that. Among some of the homes we were looking at a lot of homes were built in the 60's and 70's.

What APR did you get ZombieToast? I've been seeing that they are climbing now, we got lucky and locked in a 3.25% last year.
Ha ha, yup, straight out of the 70's. 1978 to be exact. This thing is well-built, however, so it's already a huge step up from our 1927 house. Heh. I don't remember the exact percentage, but our APR is right around 4.5% for a 30-year loan. It could certainly be worse. The real estate there (Lake Isabella) is super cheap, so the interest is still fairly low. And we plan on paying it off well before 30 years; after our down payment, we owe less than $60,000 on the place.

With the wood paneling, you can fill the grooves with joint compound and paint it. I've done it and it's a quick and easy project. The advantage too is the wall will be more durable than drywall (not that your kid would be putting holes in the wall but still).

Well after a few weeks lacking at the Flea Markets/Thrift Stores I had a decent outing today. Not a ton but nice cheap prices.

YZGXW0V.jpg

Well to get the obvious out of the way, the boombox was one of those oddball things I've been looking for. Always thought the older 80's boomboxes had a sound that the cheapo radios today just don't match. Got it for $5, mostly as a replacement for the POS radio we have at work. Some ass broke the antenna off months ago and all that would come in are the crappy local pop and country stations.

Back on topic I found Super Mario 64 for $1 at the Flea Market, it's definitely in terrible shape but booted right up after a quick cleaning. I may print some new labels for it as these ones are definitely not coming back to life. I also stopped at the local thrift stores and both had a decent selection of games for the first time in quite a while. Passed on all of the ones at the first store, just common PS2 and Genesis stuff, but did manage to find these 2 Gamecube games for $2.99 each. Couldn't say no at that price as I've been looking to get PN03.

No super deals, but it's stuff I wanted, so I bought em. Sold a "few" Gameboys this weekend, so I thought I'd treat myself :)

null_zps1e36e04d.jpg

With the wood paneling, you can fill the grooves with joint compound and paint it. I've done it and it's a quick and easy project. The advantage too is the wall will be more durable than drywall (not that your kid would be putting holes in the wall but still).
Thanks for the tip! I thought about filling in the grooves, but I wasn't sure what to use and I also wasn't too confident that it would work because the panels themselves have a rough surface. But it looks like I can get this stuff pretty cheap, so I think I'll give it a shot. We're hopefully getting the key today; if so, I'll swing by Home Depot to pick up some compound and a new joint knife before we head up there. My father-in-law is free all summer (he's a teacher), so maybe we can knock this out in a couple of hours. I'll let you guys know how it goes!

No super deals, but it's stuff I wanted, so I bought em. Sold a "few" Gameboys this weekend, so I thought I'd treat myself :)
Ooh, Blaster Master 2. I loved the original on NES (and even the remake on Wii) and have beaten it a few times, but I never played BM2 because I didn't have a Genesis and I'm not a big fan of using emulators on the PC. I'm really tempted to snag a copy now.

Man, that original game was so depressing to me as a kid.

I see you guys building your GC library and I'm glad I built mine years ago.
I wish I would've started years ago, but when I got my Gamecube, we were fairly poor and I didn't have a way to buy games of my own. On the rare occasion that I did, I'd usually just get a cheap PS2 game. To this day, I still only have 6 games for it, three of which were acquired in the last year or so. So sad.

And that's it for now; we didn't take many pictures. It's certainly not the fanciest house (although it's in near-perfect shape) and I hate the wood paneling, but there is lots of room and the place feels very cozy. It's also in a much safer/quieter area. The only drawback is that I'll have to give up my beloved cable internet. I might be able to get DSL, but there are no guarantees yet. One company has a waiting list (and a usage cap!) and the other one charges $82/month for a mere 7Mbps.
Ugh that is terrible! I am sorry to hear that. When I go apartment hunting I always make sure to ask if there is high speed available (and if they don't know if its high speed I ask who provides it.) I lived 3 years of my life with either no Internet or dial up. (Yes that still exists.) and I wanted to shoot somebody lol. Especially since the age broadband I have had it most of my life. Never living out in a rural part ever again.

If I was the one who made the thread I would have locked it a few days past the month for last minute pics to come in! *stares at the op*

o.o I can lock threads I make?

EDIT: Apparently so. Hunh. Never knew that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back