The Official CAG May 2010 Pick-Ups Thread

picked up

:360: FF13 - $25 Shipped eBay
:360: 3 Red Ringed 360 with HDMI, Jasper board, 1 wireless controller, all cords, no hard drive - $40 shipped gonna send it in for free service so i got a back up with my old 20GB HDD and start a mod project
:360: UFC 2010 - $60 @ GS ( 23 after credit )
:360: Bioshock 2 - $18 Gamefly
:360: Modded Wireless Controller - $26 eBay ( didn't even want a modded one but it was ending in a minute and was cheaper than most regular ones so what the hell )

and F_T congrats on the hot lovin.... luckily, you can get internet time in prison to get more beast pick ups between showers

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Tardcore']Hey David, have you seen that movie, what is it, Avatay, Avacar or somethin'? It might be up your alley.[/QUOTE]

lol wut? don't know if you're trollin or being serious

[quote name='mattrobertsjr']david , vizio hdtv's worth buying?[/QUOTE]

yes definitely :D

[quote name='mattrobertsjr']david , vizio hdtv's worth buying?[/QUOTE]

I'll help with this, and list some of my problems with my 1 Vizio TV.

Really, the only problem I have with it is the sound. The speakers are super quiet so I have to turn it up more on the bar thing, so it wouldn't be good if it's usually loud in your house.

It had 1 error when I was playing Bioshock when I first got it, where the screen made a weird noise like it was about to bust. Since then it seems to run perfectly.

Personal thing, or maybe I just have my settings wrong, sometimes I have to move the bar on games to adjust the brightness higher since the darks are too dark.

Edit: Also, I still love the Vizio I have.

Vizio's are good for their price.

My cousin bought one and it was a pretty good looking tv for the money.

You get much more bang for your buck with em though. But if you want absolute quality in your tv you will have to spend more.

Went to cancel my Alpha Protocol Pre-Order yesterday and picked up Modnation instead. They also ended up having Afrika used as well as the final piece of my Shadow Hearts set that I needed :D

I also got SSFIV via amazon deal with the $10 credit. I ordered it early friday and it shockingly showed up yesterday! Amazon Prime = WIN!

picture.php

Bruce Lee - iPod touch, 99 cents

1 year each of NP, OXM, and PSN - 5 bucks each.

Speed Punks - PS1, $8

Hot Shots Golf 1 - PS1, $6.50

Armored Core Master of Arena - PS1, 2 discs - $9

Star Wars Episode 1: Jedi Power Battles - PS1, $6.25

Sly Cooper 1 - PS2, New, $5.76

Jak and Daxter - PS2, $5.49

Onimusha 2 - PS2, $5

Star Wars Clone Wars Republic Heroes - 360, New, $7.18 at Amazon.

Bully: Scholarship Edition - 360, $14

Yu-Gi-Oh! 2010 Reverse of Arcadia - DS, $20 new, with 3 promo cards.

Glory of Heracles - DS, New - $11. Got a $10 credit with this. Bought it months ago for $20 new, and that's still sealed. I'm gonna try and unload this for 15 bucks somewhere.

Arc Rise Fantasia - Wii, New, $20. (With my Galaxy 2 credit)

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Bruce Lee - iPod touch, 99 cents

1 year each of NP, OXM, and PSN - 5 bucks each.

Speed Punks - PS1, $8

Sly Cooper 1 - PS2, New, $5.76

Jak and Daxter - PS2, $5.49

Onimusha 2 - PS2, $5

Star Wars Clone Wars Republic Heroes - 360, New, $7.18 at Amazon.

Yu-Gi-Oh! 2010 Reverse of Arcadia - DS, $20 new, with 3 promo cards.

Arc Rise Fantasia - Wii, New, $20. (With my Galaxy 2 credit)[/QUOTE]

Ok, for once I think these are actually some good games...well, 3 of em, but still...enjoy that Driver 2 you picked up the other day!

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Dude, I will enjoy all of them. I've wanted them for quite some time now. Been waiting for a sale on that YGO.[/QUOTE]

Well, the problem everyone seems to have with you (Besides your ghetto posturing, douchey remarks, spamming posts and incredibly bad rap music) is that you buy so many games that you WILL NEVER play 90% of them. You may buy them pop them in your game console and play 5 minutes and then never touch them again, but whats the point? Why not just save and buy a Ps3 to play those games you have, or buy a new car, or god forbid move out of your parents house? With all these $5 games, several times a week, you're blowing your cash, and that is gonna bite you in the ass in less than 5 years. Your parents may not always be there to bail you out of financial difficulties, you might have hospital bills, or you might decide to start a family. And trust me, I cant use Game Gear games to diaper my daughter with.

Hmm, well, I will deff slow down. But I deff want a car. My truck only gets 14 mpg. Dodge Ram 1500. I want a Chevy Impala, and I want to put 24's on it. :)

Sorry F_T, but that comment has just warranted my first ignore on these boards...

24's?!?! Couldn't be a little less original?

Good luck with whatever the world gives you. You're gonna need it.

Don't know about ya'll, but in the South it's poppin' like that. Maybe 22's, but probably going for 24's... And I need some commemeration, because I'm going to be paying for all of this myself, which is saying a LOT. Therefore, I can buy what I want.

im sorry but the F_T thing was fun at first, and then it got a little less fun, now it's just annoying, can't we ban him from this one thread! i actuly want to see peoples pick-ups now!

[quote name='jab1235']im sorry but the F_T thing was fun at first, and then it got a little less fun, now it's just annoying, can't we ban him from this one thread! i actuly want to see peoples pick-ups now![/QUOTE]

haha yeah ban him from this thread and from the iphone/ipod touch ongoing sales thread lol

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Hmm, well, I will deff slow down. But I deff want a car. My truck only gets 14 mpg. Dodge Ram 1500. I want a Chevy Impala, and I want to put 24's on it. :)[/QUOTE]

you're such a douche.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Wanna see purchases? Scroll up. I spent over $120 on over 10 games today alone.[/QUOTE]

...but...it's not a contest. People wanna see deals that people have gotten. Earthbound at a flea market for $3, a NES collection at a garage sale for $10, some new 360 games at a steep discount, its not about how many crappy 3DO games someone can buy to sit on a shelf. People wanna see things like that picture that guy posted of his puppy watching his new HDTV. Thats what this website is about.
Please, everyone here is trying to help you. Just get a hold of yourself. You may have an internet addicition. Perhaps a spending addiction. Perhaps some ADD. Normal people don't have 4 year long histories of trolling various enthusiast sites like you do. When people Google your screennames, and this pattern of behavior pops up, it's alarming. And lucky for you, the people at this site seem to care. Some of them at least. Take their advice.

Im waiting for the June thread to post my pick-ups. Is there any possible way to make it private or have some sort of option so F_T can't post?

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']Im waiting for the June thread to post my pick-ups. Is there any possible way to make it private or have some sort of option so F_T can't post?[/QUOTE]

That would be nice.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Don't know about ya'll, but in the South it's poppin' like that. Maybe 22's, but probably going for 24's... And I need some commemeration, because I'm going to be paying for all of this myself, which is saying a LOT. Therefore, I can buy what I want.[/QUOTE]

Can a car also be referred to as "shovelware"?

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Sorry F_T, but that comment has just warranted my first ignore on these boards...

24's?!?! Couldn't be a little less original?

Good luck with whatever the world gives you. You're gonna need it.[/QUOTE]

I think he watched this video too much ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaylRDEzLKA

I actually like T.I. though. The talk of 24s made me think of this song. He is definitely better than that piece of shit Gucci Mane.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Hmm, well, I will deff slow down. But I deff want a car. My truck only gets 14 mpg. Dodge Ram 1500. I want a Chevy Impala, and I want to put 24's on it. :)[/QUOTE]

Suggestion - don't spend all of your money on one car, go on craigslist.. buy all of the cheapest cars you can find, and put them on display. Don't drive any of them, don't even fill them with gas. This way you can brag about more sweet pickups!

-Bonus points if they are actually pickup trucks

Hey Den - it's throw some d's on it. ;) Don't worry though. F_T is stuck in the 90s anyways so he still won't understand.

Shit's poppin up in herrrrrrrrrr. That was my joint back in tha day!!!

Damnit!! I have to correct this troll.

D's represented Dayton's in the 90s idiot. Today they actually represent 22s dummy. Shows how much you know fella.

I vote to put a no F_T clause in the June thread.

Got a few things in this month, no pictures, but I can post em later if anyone wants:

3D Dot Game Heroes
Red Dead Redemption
Star Wars: Force Unleashed - Ultimate Sith Edition
Modnation Racers

Plus I used vg credits and promotional credits from Amazon to pick up a Super Street Fighter Fightstick TE-S for just $27. :)

Lots of gaming ahead of me this month. All on PS3, btw.

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']Im waiting for the June thread to post my pick-ups. Is there any possible way to make it private or have some sort of option so F_T can't post?[/QUOTE]

Why don't you all just start reporting his posts so a mod can see them? Chances are the mods aren't even aware of him... a massive overload of reported posts from many different users will get action taken.

It's the little minus sign in the corner of his posts, next to the quote button.

[quote name='animalspinners']Why don't you all just start reporting his posts so a mod can see them? Chances are the mods aren't even aware of him... a massive overload of reported posts from many different users will get action taken.

It's the little minus sign in the corner of his posts, next to the quote button.[/QUOTE]
Noted. Thank you.

Since almost every months topic has a catchy name, someone should name the next one "The Official CAG June 2010 Pick Ups: Countdown to Banning Fire_Thief"

[quote name='Fire_Thief']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PupVclR7z4Y

I actually got this one uploaded in HD.[/QUOTE]

"I'm just living life...i'm enjoying life... so i gotta do what i gotta do."

:lol:

Man enjoy your life! If that makes you happy who's to tell you to stop... even though you do have some extra stuff you could think about selling (so you don't end up in the hoarders tv show). But besides that do what you gotta do lol.

[quote name='thecobraholder']"I'm just living life...i'm enjoying life... so i gotta do what i gotta do."

:lol:

Man enjoy your life! If that makes you happy who's to tell you to stop... even though you do have some extra stuff you could think about selling (so you don't end up in the hoarders tv show). But besides that do what you gotta do lol.[/QUOTE]

Thank you bro, that's all I'm tryin' to say here.

*Edit*

NBA Street - PS2, $2.79

NBA Street 2 - PS2, $5.59

Cool Boarders 2 - PS1, $4.50

Cool Boarders 3 - PS1, $5

Cool Boarders 4 - PS1, $5

Cool Boarders 2001 - PS1, $5

[quote name='dmz5e']Suggestion - don't spend all of your money on one car, go on craigslist.. buy all of the cheapest cars you can find, and put them on display. Don't drive any of them, don't even fill them with gas. This way you can brag about more sweet pickups!

-Bonus points if they are actually pickup trucks[/QUOTE]

No. My brothers do that. Between them they probably have 10 $500 junkers.

[quote name='lmz00']You need to get a bigger TV. The one you have now is a joke.[/QUOTE]

I know, it's my 32 inch from 07. I plan to cop a 46 inch Sharp this year at Black Friday, around 600 bucks. =] (The same price I paid for that Vizio)

I like Fire_Thief and enjoy his videos. Hell, half the time I visit this topic just to see what new stuff he has picked up. Just let him do what he do and leave him be. :)

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Went to cancel my Alpha Protocol Pre-Order yesterday and picked up Modnation instead. They also ended up having Afrika used as well as the final piece of my Shadow Hearts set that I needed :D

I also got SSFIV via amazon deal with the $10 credit. I ordered it early friday and it shockingly showed up yesterday! Amazon Prime = WIN!

picture.php
[/QUOTE]

glad im not the only one that cancelled my Alpha Protocol order... man after seeing the pre release reviews i killed it and ordered dead rising 2... its a shame

Maybe it's because I don't follow this thread very closely, but I fail to see what everyone has against F_T.
From what I've seen of his posts, he's very calm and well mannered for the kinda flak he's getting.
Pretty sure there isn't a smiley for this but, :shrugs:.

Fire theif, that almost looks like the vizio i bought.

also, what do you think of the vizio brand? i never really had a product of theirs until now.

bread's done
Back