The Official CAG May 2010 Pick-Ups Thread

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']Guys have shoe collections?[/QUOTE]

No racism intended, but when I am in Memphis there are literally African Americans selling shoes on the corners of Beale street. They tie the laces like a necklace and have about 20 pairs on em' at one time. I find it hilarious !!

^ Those are all bootleg and fake, not worth the time. Not at all.

Either way, yes, I am very calm. These people hate on me but I just ignore it. They are obviously jealous I can buy whatever I want, however I want it.

=/

Just leave me be.

From today:

Star Wars Rebel Assault II The Hidden Empire - PS1, 2 discs - $3.35

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']Guys have shoe collections?[/QUOTE]
Yup, I do. I think I have around 50 pairs of sneakers, with 99% of them being Jordan/Nike, along with around 10 pairs of dress shoes

These are my pickups for the past couple of weeks. I found this game at Hollywood Video
DSC04193.jpg

And some music at Goodwill. I found another 200 count cd book, and everything in the picture was a $1.99 each.
DSC04204.jpg

[quote name='Fire_Thief']^ Those are all bootleg and fake, not worth the time. Not at all.

Either way, yes, I am very calm. These people hate on me but I just ignore it. They are obviously jealous I can buy whatever I want, however I want it.

=/

Just leave me be.

From today:

Star Wars Rebel Assault II The Hidden Empire - PS1, 2 discs - $3.35[/QUOTE]
I seriously doubt anybody is jealous of you. $400 a month of discretionary income isn't shit. I do find your posts amusing (as well as the reactions they get from others), though, so keep up the good work. :applause:

BOOTLEG shoes.. heh.... ironic

and no F_T you are confusing jealousy with pity and disgust. it is sad to see your blanket of ignorance is wrapped so tight around you you cannot see it isn't healthy... not trying to hate on you but dude, you are a young kid yet, take it from an old guy who just hit 30, has 2 kids, a stay at home wife, a house, and 2 cars....

800 a month on games ( crappy or otherwise ) at the cost of your education or investment, will only hurt you BIG TIME in the long run. come back to it when you are more settled in life and have truly dispensible income to use to restore and grow your hobby... plus they will be cheaper then :)

Oh my god Bro it's a hurricane!11

Don't post videos like that in these threads EVER AGAIN. This is a Pick-Up thread, not a "holy shit it's raining a bit but I'm going to blow it out of proportion!" thread. I live about 3 hours away from you and it's nowhere as bad as you are making it sound.

[quote name='Tardcore']Oh my god Bro it's a hurricane!11

Don't post videos like that in these threads EVER AGAIN. This is a Pick-Up thread, not a "holy shit it's raining a bit but I'm going to blow it out of proportion!" thread. I live about 3 hours away from you and it's nowhere as bad as you are making it sound.[/QUOTE]

But... but... but the water was about to flood the store. Didn't you see the amount of water violently flowing thru the door cracks?!!?!?!?!?11

Seriously F_T, put all that energy into a blog. Do what you do here and around the web to ensure you get lots of site hits. Then you can get ads placed on your site and get paid for trolling. Troll for games.

Okay I say we make a thread and each person who replies in it is saying they " digitually/virtually " signed a waiver to get his SiCk BrO AsZ outa here !!!

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']Okay I say we make a thread and each person who replies in it is saying they " digitually/virtually " signed a waiver to get his SiCk BrO AsZ outa here !!![/QUOTE]

Won't work. But, I think if the Mods see how much shit gets stirred up because of Fire_Thief, they should see that there is a problem. He's been banned from a few other forums (how many forums has anybody else been banned from? One? Two tops?) But whatever. I can't see how anybody can take him serious at all. I don't see why his parents haven't stepped in and tried straightening out his spending as well, but, again, not really a big problem. If he isn't handed money throughout the rest of his life, when he reaches his late twenties, it'll come back to bite him in the ass, working at a store in the mall while he makes videos on his employer's time.

To close off this month:

Killjoy 2 - DVD, $3.80

Yuyu Hakusho Season 3 - DVD, $15

Tornado Outbreak - PS3, $11

Fairytale Fights - PS3, $12

Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX - PS1, $3.89

WWF Smackdown! - PS1, $5

WWF Smackdown! 2: Know Your Role - PS1, $6

Spider-Man - PS1, $5

=] =] =]

[quote name='lmz00']I seriously doubt anybody is jealous of you. $400 a month of discretionary income isn't shit. I do find your posts amusing (as well as the reactions they get from others), though, so keep up the good work. :applause:[/QUOTE]

Seconded.

I find it most funny all the :ps3: games he buys yet he lacks a PS3 to play them on. :lol:

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']Spider-Man for the PS1? why?[/QUOTE]

There is no reason. If he can find a video game for under $10, he buys it. If it's a PS3, 360, Wii, or some form of Japanese game, he'll pay up to $30 for it. Oh, and shitty DVDs, he does not lack those.

I understand the merge of the two June threads, but in all honesty, why are the mods not doing anything? Hell, at least tell him to stop flooding the threads with multiple day purchases and videos of the hurricane they had down in Georgia yesterday. There's a reason he's been banned from so many forums; he doesn't listen to what people tell him and he craves attention. Something tells me he must be pretty lonely in real life if he has to continually show off his gaming collection on CAG and Youtube. It's not a bad thing that he is proud of it, but he just needs to realize it's time to grow up and stop acting like he is the king of deals. Between eventually buying a PS3 and getting a new truck (which may or may not be supplied by his parents) hopefully the buying will slow down, since he said he was going to slow down about a week ago. In the end, I've only seen one other time when somebody caused as much of a stir by being dumb as F_T is acting: Crackman on B-D.

wait, he still doesn't have ps3 and yet he buys games for the system?

i did simillar thing once when i knew i will be getting the system very soon and because the games were cheap and were the reason i was getting psp. picked up, Burnout Legends, Disgaea, Ridge Racer 2, Test Drive Unlimited and Medal of Honor for 6-8$ each 2 weeks before getting psp. why would you get games for any system months before getting one? after(or IF) you get the system those exact games will be even cheaper and there might be sequels to those titles you just bought that will be better than games you already own.

[quote name='sofik88']wait, he still doesn't have ps3 and yet he buys games for the system?

i did simillar thing once when i knew i will be getting the system very soon and because the games were cheap and were the reason i was getting psp. picked up, Burnout Legends, Disgaea, Ridge Racer 2, Test Drive Unlimited and Medal of Honor for 6-8$ each 2 weeks before getting psp. why would you get games for any system months before getting one? after(or IF) you get the system those exact games will be even cheaper and there might be sequels to those titles you just bought that will be better than games you already own.[/QUOTE]

Why?... because he's a moron. Pretty easy to figure out really.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']have you never seen a storm before...?

YIKES![/QUOTE]

Damn rain's stoppin' him from making more pick-ups, lol.

[quote name='SEH']Why?... because he's a moron. Pretty easy to figure out really.[/QUOTE]
for money he's spending on those "beast" deals he probably could get new ps3 in less than 2 weeks.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']Damn rain's stoppin' him from making more pick-ups, lol.[/QUOTE]

LOL. Too bad he never seems to actually venture outside to make any of his damn beast-ass pick-ups. Every piece of shovelware seems to come from either eBay or Amazon, as I'm sure he has a lot of free time as evidenced by his constant trolling of multiple forums, YouTube, and shopping websites.

I spent way too much this month...
(Amazon)
Red Dead Redemption - $60 + $20 Gift Card
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - $50-20 + $20 Gift Card
Glory of Heracles - $11-10 + $10 Gift Card
3D Dot Game Heroes - $16(used old gift cards)

(Gamestop)

God of War III - $24 + $10 Gift Card
Grandia III - $5(net)
Killzone 2 + LittleBigPlanet - $25
Resistance 2 + Infamous - $25
Disgaea 3 - $8(net)

(Goozex)

Mega Man Soccer
Aidyn Chronicles
Secret of Evermore
Double Dragon III
Arc the Lad: End of Darkness
Strider
Solomon's Key
Black
Blast Corps
Enchanted Arms
Kirby 64
Mega Man 4

(Trades)
Mega Man X2 & X3 - $56
Dragon Force, Guardian Heroes, Lunar SCCC - $150
Alan Wake LE
Metal Gear Solid VR Missions - $5
Uncharted 2, Alundra, Wild Arms 2 Full Metal Panic!
The Beatles Rock Band, Oni 1600 MSP
Skies of Arcadia Legends, Dark Cloud 2 Borderlands

I did however outright sell my Guild War's Collector's Edition for $350, net $295, so I'm justifying all the buying in my head.

[quote name='js1']I got it from the M$ retail site.[/QUOTE]

How? I mean, $20 out the door is a hell of a discount. Can you shed some light on the deal or anything?

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']have you never seen a storm before...?

YIKES![/QUOTE]

I feel I may drown - F_T

it's called rain. it's ok

[quote name='autopiloton']How? I mean, $20 out the door is a hell of a discount. Can you shed some light on the deal or anything?[/QUOTE]

I think (might be wrong) he's talking about the online store where employees of places like best buy and gamestop can do surveys for spending points and buy games cheap. If you're not a store worker though they'll get pretty mad at you.

:360: Halo 3: ODST
:360: 1600 MS Points (2)
:360: Star Wars the Clone Wars: Republic Heroes
:ps3: Just Cause 2
:ps3: Red Dead Redemption
:ps3: Assassin's Creed II
:ps3: PlayStation Network Card -$10 (3)

Last edited by a moderator:
:360: Halo 3: ODST
:360: 1600 MS Points (2)
:360: Star Wars the Clone Wars: Republic Heroes
:ps3: Just Cause 2
:ps3: Red Dead Redemption
:ps3: Assassin's Creed II
:ps3: PlayStation Network Card -$10 (3)

[quote name='ohram']I think (might be wrong) he's talking about the online store where employees of places like best buy and gamestop can do surveys for spending points and buy games cheap. If you're not a store worker though they'll get pretty mad at you.[/QUOTE]

You are correct.

bread's done
Back