The Official CAG October 2012 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='ZombieToast']I think that's a good enough reason. With the exception of most AAA titles, as a general rule of thumb, I flip all of IGN's scores. So, a game they give a 3 is really a 7 and vice-versa. Almost every time they say to avoid something, it ends up being a good game and most of what they praise ends up being crap. Of course, because they are extremely unreliable (I'll never get over their Afrika review), I normally don't even take them into consideration.[/QUOTE]

disregard ign's score, but pay attention to the other 57 places that contributed to its sub 40% average score..

The game is truly terrible. Not just the iffy controls, but the mission design. The demo was enough for me.

[quote name='Squarehard']Anybody who spends that much on Legos is a winner in my book.[/QUOTE]

Mostly it was the Town Hall and Monster House.

[quote name='Barney']
3093hhu.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Careful with that Mysterious Stranger... most of that edition (I believe) was written by his editor and not Twain. A good story nonetheless, and if you like Twain check out his "true" edition: "No. 44, The Mysterious Stranger"

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mysterious_Stranger

This came in today! :D I haven't opened it yet, i'm planning on doing so tomorrow though. 20th anniversary extreme articulation Megazord!

C7E4A5D3-7165-48D1-AD62-ABF900DFE3D9-249-0000001CFF41A97F.jpg

Figured I may as well grab this from walmart, since it was free:
70417180-B4F2-4137-8165-7C729A65C23A-249-0000001D0E569911.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='skiizim']The Monster House is awesome!!! I think I'm going to shoot for that one on Black Friday at the Lego Store.[/QUOTE]

I had used a 10% coupon and took advantage of double VIP points. If it had been available elsewhere other than the Lego Store, I would have waited for an after Halloween clearance.

[quote name='Squarehard']
photoxdm.jpg
[/QUOTE]
I totally forgot DNA2 was actually released here. Shame the manga never was. Katsura's works need more love, outside of I''s and Video Girl Ai.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back