The Official CAG October 2012 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Squarehard']I spent over a grand this month already, so unless you've spent more than that you should be fine. ;D[/QUOTE]

Got em!

[quote name='Squarehard']I spent over a grand this month already, so unless you've spent more than that you should be fine. ;D[/QUOTE]

Do you put all this stuff on a credit card?

[quote name='slainviper']Do you put all this stuff on a credit card?[/QUOTE]

Only because I get rewards, but I pay off my credit cards in full every month, so it's not about the lack of funds.

Whoa man! That stuff there was maybe like $300 total. I spent a bit more on some stuff that hasn't come yet- including a "new" Majora's Mask off ebay, along with a pile of ps1/2/3 and DS games. Sooo in total for October..probably $500 for me.

I should spend a little less now, since I've got car insurance in a month ($800) and I want to get a bigger TV/lots of shit on boxing day/black friday so I'll probably try and save around $1500 for the sales alone.

Having a disposable income is nice, eh? haha.

It sure is. ;D

But man, your insurance premiums are kind of expensive. What kind of car do you drive, and what kind of coverage is it?

smackdownknowyourrole00.jpg

smackdownknowyourrole00.jpg

[quote name='Squarehard']It sure is. ;D

But man, your insurance premiums are kind of expensive. What kind of car do you drive, and what kind of coverage is it?[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a perfectly normal price for a six months lump sum, especially for males under 26.

[quote name='elessar123']Sounds like a perfectly normal price for a six months lump sum, especially for males under 26.[/QUOTE]

I only pay $500, but I guess since I'm over the 26 of age mark my premiums have gone down a bit.

[quote name='Squarehard']I only pay $500, but I guess since I'm over the 26 of age mark my premiums have gone down a bit.[/QUOTE]

I am too, but I pay just under $600.

You could've bought about two Nintendos with that. ;)

I've been slacking in this thread. Perhaps tomorrow I'll have the energy to take pictures of all the shit I've been too lazy to.

[quote name='lmz00']I've been slacking in this thread. Perhaps tomorrow I'll have the energy to take pictures of all the shit I've been too lazy to.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, it's been awhile since I've seen you posted some yummy stuff.

[quote name='elessar123']Sounds like a perfectly normal price for a six months lump sum, especially for males under 26.[/QUOTE]
For only six months? We pay less than that for a full year of car insurance and homeowners insurance combined. He must have a hell of a lot of coverage.

[quote name='Squarehard']It sure is. ;D

But man, your insurance premiums are kind of expensive. What kind of car do you drive, and what kind of coverage is it?[/QUOTE]

age 23, I drive a Subaru WRX so that pushes the rates up a bit due to it being a "high risk car". never had an accident, etc.

IMG_20121023_040537.jpg

EarthWorm Jim - $5
Lollipop Chainsaw - $20
Mass Effect - $10
2x Skylander Sidekicks
Castlevania Legacy of Darkness
Harvest moon 64
Goemon Adventure - $50 for all 3 N64 Games
Gaurdian Legend - $5
Code of Princess - $30
NSMB 2 - $25
Tekken 3DS - $7
Samurai Warriors 3DS - $5
Tenchi Muyo Ryo Ohki - $7

IMG_20121023_040626.jpg

IMG_20121023_040646.jpg

Free from local Gamestop

pqzyx.jpg

Akira
Cowboy Bebop
Gundam 00 complete second season
Code Geass complete first season

all the soon to be out of print bandai anime

[quote name='biblioman']
And my next one (this is outgoing):
Me -> Him
Black and Grey SP
Zelda Minish Cap
Super Mario Bros. 3
Pokemon Sapphire
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror
Link's Awakening DX
Pokemon Gold (doesn't save)

Him -> Me
3DS
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Zelda Ocarina of Time

I think this is a good deal, though feel free to tell me if it isn't.
[/QUOTE]

i think the games you are sending are better but thats me. i wouldnt do that.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Finally some anime that I actually know. Where the love for one piece?????[/QUOTE]

J3G8F.jpg

here you go. This was last months pick up never got a chance to post it

Not to veer back off topic again, but car insurance rates vary GREATLY from city to city, state to state.

For instance, in Ohio, insurance covers the driver, not the car (though your rates are tied to the driving record and make/model). It's a bass-ackwards system, don't ask how it works, because it doesn't.

In Michigan, insurance covers the car, regardless of who drives it. As such, the premiums tend to be MUCH higher since anyone can drive your car under your policy (potentially making every vehicle high risk at one point or another).

And that's all without considering discounts for all manner of things. Hell, my wife and I pay about 800 a year for 3 cars. Two of them with decent full coverage and one with just liability (the shitty winter-only Jeep). But we're married, have home owners insurance with the same company, are both over 30, blah blah blah.

[quote name='Squarehard']I do live in Cali, so my insurance rates are generally through the roof compared to other states.[/QUOTE]

Same. Mine finally dropped to what I was paying in Texas, after hitting 30. This is with no tickets and no at-fault accidents on my record (rear-ended at a red light, I believe I posted about it in the 2011 yard sale thread). Full coverage on a car worth under $10k.

[quote name='Animal7390']i think the games you are sending are better but thats me. i wouldnt do that.[/QUOTE]

Really? I was just thinking in terms of resale value; also, I don't play any of those any more. (And I already have a GBA SP.)

I gotta post my pickups at some point here before I forget what stuff I actually bought this month (actually, I think I may already have that issue).

[quote name='shawnmelo']
pqzyx.jpg

Akira
Cowboy Bebop
Gundam 00 complete second season
Code Geass complete first season

all the soon to be out of print bandai anime[/QUOTE]

I'm kinda curious if Stand Alone Complex is any good; I've been on an old school Shirow binge lately with GITS for ps1 and ps2 and some Appleseed Manga :bouncy:

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']I'm kinda curious if Stand Alone Complex is any good; I've been on an old school Shirow binge lately with GITS for ps1 and ps2 and some Appleseed Manga :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I wasnt a big fan of Ghost in the shell but I did love the movie.I enjoyed the show enough to buy it and I am gonna watch it again because I did watch it when I was in high school and my anime taste has changed a lot since then, so maybe I will actually understand what is going on this time.Plus I wanted to buy it so I didnt regret it later and have to pay scalped prices later.I bought 2 of each so I can watch one and keep one sealed.

The GitS anime is among the top of my favorites. I am enamored with Cyberpunk, so there is that bias, though. I really appreciate the maturity of the story. Much of it is just a big political/corporate game. I think it's absolutely brilliant!

[quote name='Zaku77']The GitS anime is among the top of my favorites. I am enamored with Cyberpunk, so there is that bias, though. I really appreciate the maturity of the story. Much of it is just a big political/corporate game. I think it's absolutely brilliant![/QUOTE]

One of my favorites as well. Wasn't a big fan of Solid State Society though.

[quote name='KtMack23']When is my boi Zaku posting a new pickup video? I need those to live vicariously through.[/QUOTE]

Live vicariously by closing the September thread so people stop posting in it. *shakes fist*

[quote name='KtMack23']When is my boi Zaku posting a new pickup video? I need those to live vicariously through.[/QUOTE]

I feel like a retard sitting in front of my computer and yammering on to myself when people are home, so I try to only do it when I have the house to myself. This limits my opportunities to make a video. lol

[quote name='Zaku77']I feel like a retard sitting in front of my computer and yammering on to myself when people are homel[/QUOTE]

I would think that would make it even more fun. :D

[quote name='Squarehard']I would think that would make it even more fun. :D[/QUOTE]

Not really. It then turns into "what are you doing". They say this, of course, WHILE I'M RECORDING! Then, just to be asses, they'll randomly shout every so often. It literally becomes impossible once anyone catches wind of what I'm doing... lol

[quote name='Squarehard']For the love of god! Someone else start posting pick up pics![/QUOTE]

I'm going to in a couple days. ;)

I'd post pictures but nothing too exciting, quite a bit of cheap stuff from sears clearance and a Game Gear with Sonic from Goodwill for $10 and a Sports PS3 Move bundle from Goodwill that was $14

[quote name='elessar123']Haven't gotten anything =P[/QUOTE]

That's kind of hard to believe. You sure you're not trying to pull a fast one on me? ^_-

I was planning to take pics, but I have a paper to write and I already wasted six hours searching through stuff at GoHastings, so I don't have the time right now.

Well my phone got fucked up by a 40ib dumbbell in the gym, so ill have a phone pick up eventually. That'll be my fourth cellphone this year, fml. Also, Zaku, i know exactly the feeling of people laughing at you while trying to film a pick up or unboxing.

[quote name='Squarehard']For the love of god! Someone else start posting pick up pics![/QUOTE]I'll post a pic.

picture.php

Here are my first Japanese PlayStation One games; All Japan Pro-Wrestling: Soul of the King (Left, top half is back of sleeve), New Japan Pro-Wrestling: Toukon Retsuden 3 (top-right), Fire Pro-Wrestling G (bottom-right).

Soul of the King has some of the best character models I've seen in a PS1 wrestling game. It uses the WWF Attitude style of plastering a picture of the real wrestler on the character model, but it looks so much better.

The Toukon Retsuden engine has made numerous appearances in the States as the driving force of the WWF/WWE Smackdown games. Also worth noting is that an old U.S. PS1 wrestling game called Power Move Pro-Wrestling was a generic port of the first Toukon Retsuden game (hence the NJPW copyright on the title screen). This game features the Steiner Brothers, Eddie Guerrero as Black Tiger II, "He Who Shall Not Be Named", and n.W.o. Japan (Chono, Great Muta, etc.).

Fire Pro-Wrestling G was more of a novelty pick-up than a serious buy for the gameplay. I mainly bought it because it's a game I've wanted since I was a kid. The graphics are nowhere near what they are in D or Returns. Still, though, it's another fun game in the series and I'm glad I got it.

[quote name='BlueSwim']
I'll post a pic.

picture.php

Here are my first Japanese PlayStation One games; All Japan Pro-Wrestling: Soul of the King (Left, top half is back of sleeve), New Japan Pro-Wrestling: Toukon Retsuden 3 (top-right), Fire Pro-Wrestling G (bottom-right).

Soul of the King has some of the best character models I've seen in a PS1 wrestling game. It uses the WWF Attitude style of plastering a picture of the real wrestler on the character model, but it looks so much better.

The Toukon Retsuden engine has made numerous appearances in the States as the driving force of the WWF/WWE Smackdown games. Also worth noting is that an old U.S. PS1 wrestling game called Power Move Pro-Wrestling was a generic port of the first Toukon Retsuden game (hence the NJPW copyright on the title screen). This game features the Steiner Brothers, Eddie Guerrero as Black Tiger II, "He Who Shall Not Be Named", and n.W.o. Japan (Chono, Great Muta, etc.).

Fire Pro-Wrestling G was more of a novelty pick-up than a serious buy for the gameplay. I mainly bought it because it's a game I've wanted since I was a kid. The graphics are nowhere near what they are in D or Returns. Still, though, it's another fun game in the series and I'm glad I got it.
[/QUOTE]

Something tells me you like wrestling.

[quote name='slainviper']Something tells me you like wrestling.[/QUOTE]
Not really...
picture.php
...Okay, I lied.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back