The Official CAG October 2012 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very excited about this pick-up. NBA 2k13, and I got it signed by Scottie Pippen, Tom Thibodeau, and Carlos Boozer!

I explain how I got the signatures here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=24724

C9F84BE8-E202-410F-A601-3BDEEE74DF8E-1376-0000015DC32C5314.jpg

Nice shameless self promotion lol ^^^
We are going to have a great season this year, if we can beat the heat and the heat 2.0 out in LA.

[quote name='dan13l858']
1349796784.jpg

Quick Note: Skies, Hack 3 and Hack 4 are sealed copies. Score![/QUOTE]

o__________________________o

Dat .hack collection

[quote name='KtMack23']Nice shameless self promotion lol ^^^
We are going to have a great season this year, if we can beat the heat and the heat 2.0 out in LA.[/QUOTE]

Of course I would LOVE for Rose to be back as soon as possible. But damn it would be sweet to go 41-41 without him, have him come back for round one, and then knock the Heat out in the first round as an 8 seed.

[quote name='wiggyx']I miss my Lunar PS1 collections :(

I gotta post some pics. I've got a bunch of crap from the last week or so.[/QUOTE]

If you like lunar check out this.

1349804828.jpg

.hack games? Lunar PS1 games? Did you rob a bank or get lucky with your findings? Very Nice Pickups just jealous is all.

[quote name='ZeroFlame15'].hack games? Lunar PS1 games? Did you rob a bank or get lucky with your findings? Very Nice Pickups just jealous is all.[/QUOTE]

I just met an old couple that needed to get rid of their son's games. I was more than happy to take it off their hands for very low amount. Quick note: I only got 1 lunar game (silverstar). The other two were from my own personal collection.

Got a 60GB BC PS3 today. A guy at work asked if i wanted it b/c the laser went out (and he got a new ps3). I said "hell yes!" It is an easy $30 fix and a nice new PS3.

photoexl.jpg

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Finally some anime that I actually know. Where the love for one piece?????[/QUOTE]

There already has been some. Just waiting for the next Amazon anime sale to go back to it. ^__^

[quote name='Squarehard']There already has been some. Just waiting for the next Amazon anime sale to go back to it. ^__^[/QUOTE]

Ha, I here ya. Since your the king of anime around here, recommend me your top 5. Im a big fan of naruto,bleach,dbz,yuyu,FMA, and im currently catching up on one piece.

When I get back from my overseas trip, I'm going to order a bunch of stuff. :lol: I shall soon join you Square with the anime posts! ^.^

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Ha, I here ya. Since your the king of anime around here, recommend me your top 5. Im a big fan of naruto,bleach,dbz,yuyu,FMA, and im currently catching up on one piece.[/QUOTE]

I assume you're a big fan of shounen and possibly seinen?

Last month I moved so I really haven't had to much time to post or go hunting lately. I am also really trying to weed some of the stuff I don't want and all my dups. You never realize how much crap you have until you have to move it. (may post pics of my place in its chaotic moving state if I find the time) This is the stuff I have picked up recently though.

arcade marquees from a yard sale. All these for $10. Gals Panic ^_^ hehe.

These were $2 a piece from goodwill. The cashier was dumbfounded when I brought these up since they have been pricing all their decent games in the $20-$35 range for the past few months.

random stuff from random places (yardsales, thrifting, gamestop)

[quote name='Olengie']I assume you're a big fan of shounen and possibly seinen?[/QUOTE]

I guess I am a big jump fan, since most come from there. Honestly I mostly named the more well known animes. I would like to get into lesser known, but still as great anime.

Ima post my pickups so far this month next week.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']I guess I am a big jump fan[/QUOTE]

Gintama for sure.

Slayers, Kenichi, Outlaw Star, Busou Renkin

Just to name a few that might interest you.

[quote name='Olengie']When I get back from my overseas trip, I'm going to order a bunch of stuff. :lol: I shall soon join you Square with the anime posts! ^.^[/QUOTE]

You better!

[quote name='Royal High Knight']I guess I am a big jump fan, since most come from there. Honestly I mostly named the more well known animes. I would like to get into lesser known, but still as great anime.

Ima post my pickups so far this month next week.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, try looking for some of the overlooked ones, a lot of them are good treasures to read and watch.

[quote name='Squarehard']Gintama for sure.

Slayers, Kenichi, Outlaw Star, Busou Renkin

Just to name a few that might interest you.

You better![/QUOTE]
I will but they'll be mostly volumes since they're typically cheaper. (That's how I got my Outlaw Star. :lol:)

[quote name='Squarehard']
phototm.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Ooh! I didn't notice A Wind Named Amnesia until just now! I've never seen that cover before; is it an import? Also, where'd you get it? That's one of my favorite anime movies and I've been wanting to buy it ever since I found out it's available on DVD, but I don't want to shell out $40 for it.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Ooh! I didn't notice A Wind Named Amnesia until just now! I've never seen that cover before; is it an import? Also, where'd you get it? That's one of my favorite anime movies and I've been wanting to buy it ever since I found out it's available on DVD, but I don't want to shell out $40 for it.[/QUOTE]

It's the alternate release from US Manga.

Many US Manga titles actually have two releases of the same title, but no extra content with the new releases, just a different cover.

This version is the re-release.

I got mine from Hastings for pretty cheap, so not too bad.

Here's my late-September/October pick ups.

27yv5y.jpg

Picked up Pokémon White Version 2 from GameStop on release day and got a little preview guide and poster of Keldeo.

10h6ov4.jpg

Persona 4 The Animation Collection 1, Tenchi Universe, Deadman Wonderland and GameCenter CX all came from RightStuf. Picked up Young Justice Season 1 Part 2 from work. Nabbed Donkey Kong Country Returns when GameFly had it on sale.

mtkymt.jpg

This is a PAL import of One Piece: Pirate Warriors Collector's Edition. I imported it namely because the game was download-only in North America and the download time for a massive game (it's 11GB and my connection is crap) pretty much forced me to import it. That and I like having the actual game on hand. Also can't say no to a replica Thousand Sunny. :)

x6mlo2.jpg

Bought an NES Advantage, ToeJam & Earl (complete), Sonic R and Sega Smash Pack 2 (PC) and an N64 AC adapter (not pictured here) at a flea market for about $10 total.

4fy04y.jpg

Since I heard Nintendo Power was going to be out of publication soon, I decided to grab at least the last few issues as they come out. Also figured I'd look for the Archie Comics Mega Man collections, but couldn't seem to find them at the book store. Settled for Mega Man Gigamix Vol. 1, instead.

k6r9s.jpg

This last pic are birthday gifts.​

Also got the following games digitally:

• Pokémon Dream Radar
  • Tokyo Jungle
  • NiGHTS into Dreams... (PS3)
  • Sonic Adventure 2 (PS3)
  • NFL Blitz (PS3)
  • King of Fighters XIII (PS3)

Ah, that first picture clears up some confusion for me. Another CAG sent me a picture almost identical to that via SwapNote on 3DS, but it was small and fuzzy, so I couldn't tell what it was. I forgot that B/W2 was already out. Were the booklet and poster available for anyone (and were they free?) or did they come with your purchase? Since I see no point in buying it until I beat the previous one, it'd be cool to pick those up without the game...especially the poster.

[quote name='Squarehard']It's the alternate release from US Manga.

Many US Manga titles actually have two releases of the same title, but no extra content with the new releases, just a different cover.

This version is the re-release.

I got mine from Hastings for pretty cheap, so not too bad.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info. I'm kinda torn...the original cover has a lot of nostalgia for me (that was first time I rented anime and was one of the first ones I'd ever seen) but the alternate cover that you have looks a lot nicer. Hmm. I'll probably just leave it up to the CheapAss gods and just accept whichever one I find first for a good price.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Thanks for the info. I'm kinda torn...the original cover has a lot of nostalgia for me (that was first time I rented anime and was one of the first ones I'd ever seen) but the alternate cover that you have looks a lot nicer. Hmm. I'll probably just leave it up to the CheapAss gods and just accept whichever one I find first for a good price.[/QUOTE]

That's the spirit! ;D

I do like the alternate cover a little better though.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Ah, that first picture clears up some confusion for me. Another CAG sent me a picture almost identical to that via SwapNote on 3DS, but it was small and fuzzy, so I couldn't tell what it was. I forgot that B/W2 was already out. Were the booklet and poster available for anyone (and were they free?) or did they come with your purchase? Since I see no point in buying it until I beat the previous one, it'd be cool to pick those up without the game...especially the poster.[/QUOTE]
They were separate from the game and were given to me when I bought the game.

[quote name='Luxuria']@Tsukento: What's that Persona thing under Sonic's hand?[/QUOTE]
A mug with Yu on one side and Izanagi on the other.
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/MUQlUkmcheYPoA9b6b/browse/item/96222/4/0/0

[quote name='Squarehard']
photo22pk.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I've been wanting Broken Blade; it looks really good! It's so damn spendy, though. I'm hoping to grab it on sale during Rightstuf's Christmas sale =D

picture.php

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Manga Volume 11, Command & Conquer (PS1), Wakefield - "Which Side Are You On?" CD, Aerosmith - "Living On The Edge" Single, Duken Nukem: Time To Kill (PS1)

picture.php

Toys R Us Exclusive Masterpiece Optimus Prime w/ Trailer, Roller, Gun, Energy Axe, Miniature Spike Figure, and Matrix of Leadership

Last edited by a moderator:
Too lazy to upload the pic again, but I got my VGM Holy Grail today :whee: - http://myfigurecollection.net/picture/541748

Here's what's in the photo:
- OutRun 2 Sound Tracks (the grail)
- Sonic the Hedgehog PM Figure (20th Anniversary Version, Joypolis exclusive)
- Mato & Yomi Nendoroid Petit set (Wonder Festival 2011 [Winter] exclusive)
- Nadia Nendoroid Petit (Monthly Anime Style #2 bonus)

Also, so far this month, have gotten a pile of manga, the Retro Game Master DVD set (which everyone should buy), a Dragon Quest sofubi Hammerhood, Miku Hatsune papercraft, Ace Attorney buttons (Edgeworth and the Blue Badger), and Pokemon Black 2. I think that's it... this is going to be a packed month once it's done.

[quote name='wiggyx']Anything special about it other than being Japanese?[/QUOTE]
nah, not really. I only got it b/c collect zelda games/stuff. it is kind of cool how they do their GC games though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back