The Official CAG October 2012 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='BlueSwim']Not really...
picture.php
...Okay, I lied.:lol:
[/QUOTE]

Is Puke a playable character in any of those? And if so...does he puke?

[quote name='Squarehard']For the love of god! Someone else start posting pick up pics![/QUOTE]

I've been throwing carts into my "to make covers for" bin for like 2 months now. I can't even remember what stuff is from this month and what is from last :/

I do know that I picked up a Retrode this month so I can offer SNES & Genesis battery replacement services that retail original save data ;) Gonna take a lot of battery swaps to pay for the damned thing though LOL!

fao50x.jpg

Just bought these together for $25 total. Boxes and manuals onlu. Feels weird I paid that much for a couple boxes but I've always wanted to have the original boxes for these systems.

Was this a good deal?

I'm planning to track down a complete super famicom after the holidays.

I'll contribute because i love these threads and i'm banned from neogaf where they have a more active one, lol. I think a lot less people contribute because the forums are more segmented here. Very few people probably go to anything but the deals forum and post - and the deal discussion forum is not very busy.

WP_000051.jpg

from the amazon flips. this show is so good, surprised me, never having watched it.

WP_000049.jpg

WP_000052.jpg

WP_000048.jpg

DO YOU KNOW THE KACHO??

WP_000047.jpg

Surprised to find a gamestop that still had GBA games, 75% off. mostly junk, but found a few interesting games.

WP_000053.jpg

Total impulse buy from warehouse deals. Going to try one of those DCS games on steam if they go on sale and learn how to fly a helicopter.

I rotated these on photobucket so i don't know what to tell you.

[quote name='ROB64'] Now all I need is a SNES box to complete my collection. :D[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Ferrari Racer']
fao50x.jpg

Just bought these together for $25 total. Boxes and manuals onlu. Feels weird I paid that much for a couple boxes but I've always wanted to have the original boxes for these systems.

Was this a good deal?[/QUOTE]

You're taunting me, aren't you? :p

Also, it was a pretty god deal, I'd say.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Ninte...228?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25768f5e4c

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Why no WWE Allstars? Its a great game.[/QUOTE]I've been meaning to pick it up, but I just haven't gotten around to it, yet. Originally, I was waiting out a sequel, but since the studio that developed it got the ax, the first will probably be the only one we'll get. :(

[quote name='Drclaw411']Is Puke a playable character in any of those? And if so...does he puke?[/quote]Droz was in WWF Attitude and WWF Wrestlemania 2000. While he doesn't have a puke taunt (IIRC), you could rename him to Puke in WM2K. He might have also been in No Mercy and the PS1 Smackdowns as generic create-a-wrestler parts. To be honest, I don't know if I've ever used him in a video game outside of the week he was paralyzed.

[quote name='jer7583']I'm planning to track down a complete super famicom after the holidays.[/QUOTE]Are you wanting to have the hardware itself or just the ability to play Japanese games? If it's the games, all you need to do to play Japanese Super Famicom games on an American Super Nintendo is remove two otherwise-useless plastic tabs along the back of the cartridge slot and you're good to go.

Just a few things

1 year ps+ membership that I got for trading a $25 Gamestop GC for

A gamecube bundle from CL, came with GC, GBA adapter, 4x GC memory cards, and 2 ps2 memory cards, and I also picked Binary Domain for ps3 from newegg for $15

[quote name='Ferrari Racer']The boxes I bought didn't come with styrofoam though :(

Where the heck would I get them from? I don't see any auctions for just the styrofoam on eBay.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I can't find any either on ebay. Though in searching, I found myself a SNES box, collection now complete! :D

$(KGrHqZHJDYFCD!HlJpZBQhG8rkcj!~~60_3.JPG

I'm done spending money now, need to start saving up for Christmas.

[quote name='BlueSwim']I've been meaning to pick it up, but I just haven't gotten around to it, yet. Originally, I was waiting out a sequel, but since the studio that developed it got the ax, the first will probably be the only one we'll get. :(

Droz was in WWF Attitude and WWF Wrestlemania 2000. While he doesn't have a puke taunt (IIRC), you could rename him to Puke in WM2K. He might have also been in No Mercy and the PS1 Smackdowns as generic create-a-wrestler parts. To be honest, I don't know if I've ever used him in a video game outside of the week he was paralyzed.

Are you wanting to have the hardware itself or just the ability to play Japanese games? If it's the games, all you need to do to play Japanese Super Famicom games on an American Super Nintendo is remove two otherwise-useless plastic tabs along the back of the cartridge slot and you're good to go.[/QUOTE]

yeah, i know the plastic tab trick - I just think the super famicom looks so awesome. especially the box. Best system boxart ever.

nintendo_superfamicom_box.jpg

Pickups:

:3ds: Zero's Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (Seriously, it's a phenomenal game.)
:3ds: Devil Survivor Overclocked
:3ds: Kingdom Hearts 3D DDD
:ds: Pokemon Black 2
:ds: Pokemon Heartgold
:ds: Pokemon Black

Spoilered below:
iyAiYl.jpg

Here's my recent purchases.

e67p1y.jpg

Digital purchases:
-Odin Sphere
-Monster World IV (PS3)
-Wonder Boy in Monster Land (PS3)
-inFAMOUS Festival of Blood
-Corpse Party
-Dr. Mario Online RX (Wii)

[quote name='BlueSwim']

Are you wanting to have the hardware itself or just the ability to play Japanese games? If it's the games, all you need to do to play Japanese Super Famicom games on an American Super Nintendo is remove two otherwise-useless plastic tabs along the back of the cartridge slot and you're good to go.[/QUOTE]

Also, for those that don't like to mod their original hardware, a game genie can easily be modded to act as a pass-through adapter :)

[quote name='jer7583']yeah, i know the plastic tab trick - I just think the super famicom looks so awesome. especially the box. Best system boxart ever.

nintendo_superfamicom_box.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Soooooooo agreed on this.

You guys might want to kill me, but I have like 5 complete SNES/SFC boxes.

octpickups.jpg

the mail lady brought me stuff today.

books are from Gohastings and the games are from Gamefly. also got a really sweet Crimson Ghost/Misfits poster but i need a frame for it before i take it out of the tube. I also have a new record coming that im very excited about.

[quote name='Squarehard']
photovtv.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I gotta ask, why buy Gundam UC on DVD? I know it's a little bit cheaper, but it's still a lot of money. At that point you might as well just spend a little bit more and get the Blu-ray version.

[quote name='Zaku77']I gotta ask, why buy Gundam UC on DVD? I know it's a little bit cheaper, but it's still a lot of money. At that point you might as well just spend a little bit more and get the Blu-ray version.[/QUOTE]

It's not a little cheaper, but a lot. Try $5. :p

Also, have you seen the prices for the blus as of late?

[quote name='Squarehard']It's not a little cheaper, but a lot. Try $5. :p

Also, have you seen the prices for the blus as of late?[/QUOTE]

The DVDs can be found for really cheap, and I believe they come with 2 episodes. The Bluray equivalent is like $50-60 per episode, so you're looking at a 1:10 or 1:20 ratio.

[quote name='elessar123']The DVDs can be found for really cheap, and I believe they come with 2 episodes. The Bluray equivalent is like $50-60 per episode, so you're looking at a 1:10 or 1:20 ratio.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. The way they distributed a single episode per blu was just ridiculous. At least the DVDs include 2 episodes per, which is a much better value to me regardless of how much better it could possibly look on the blu.

[quote name='elessar123']The DVDs can be found for really cheap, and I believe they come with 2 episodes. The Bluray equivalent is like $50-60 per episode, so you're looking at a 1:10 or 1:20 ratio.[/QUOTE]

Last time I looked it was like ~$35 vs $50. I didn't realize they put two episodes on the DVD releases, though.

Why did you buy Steel Battalion? IGN gave it a 3 and I caught the episode of Xplay were they tried to review it but it was so broken the guy couldnt even really do anything. That being said, the one for the original Xbox was sweet.

[quote name='Zaku77']Last time I looked it was like ~$35 vs $50. I didn't realize they put two episodes on the DVD releases, though.[/QUOTE]

Only one that's still around $35 is Vol.1.

But yeah, the two DVD parts contains 2 episodes each, so it's way cheaper in comparison.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Holy crap I bet it was, and I don't even remember seeing that[/QUOTE]

Subliminal messages at its best. ^__^

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the mailman hates me.

Trying to catch up to Square in money spent this month >_>

Majora's Mask, Chrono Trigger, Devil Saga 2 and Soul Silver are all new.
GGOEX.jpg

[quote name='materialz']I think the mailman hates me.

Trying to catch up to Square in money spent this month >_>

Majora's Mask, Chrono Trigger, Devil Saga 2 and Soul Silver are all new.
GGOEX.jpg
[/QUOTE]

If you're close to about 1.3k, then you'll be caught up.

[quote name='Squarehard']If you're close to about 1.3k, then you'll be caught up.[/QUOTE]

1120(media) + 387(legos), but I feel like I lost.

[quote name='juangrande386']Why did you buy Steel Battalion? IGN gave it a 3[/QUOTE]
I think that's a good enough reason. With the exception of most AAA titles, as a general rule of thumb, I flip all of IGN's scores. So, a game they give a 3 is really a 7 and vice-versa. Almost every time they say to avoid something, it ends up being a good game and most of what they praise ends up being crap. Of course, because they are extremely unreliable (I'll never get over their Afrika review), I normally don't even take them into consideration.

[quote name='elessar123']1120(media) + 387(legos), but I feel like I lost.[/QUOTE]

Anybody who spends that much on Legos is a winner in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back