The Official Craigslist Finds Thread Vol. 2

Yeah, anytime I see PS4's or X1's for below $200, I know it's a scam. Especially if the email is like this "~~~~~~piggypiggy @ g m a i l .com~~~~@~~~." Just screams "send me junkmail". They also don't provide a phone number which is more fishy.
The other funny thing about those listings is that you can do a google image search on their image and find it somewhere else. It's a pure scam just to get your email address to sell as part of an email list to an advertiser or to get you to spend tons of dough on those penny bid sites.

As an aside, how much of a scam are those penny bid sites?

EDIT: just found a fake listing. I think these are infecting craigslist more and more. http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/vgd/5008721615.html

EDIT2: browsing for another minute I found 4 others. Damn. http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/vgd/4999786825.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Not craigslist, but I've been cleaning up on the local Facebook sales pages.

A few weeks ago I picked up a 160GB slim PS3 (with 3 wired controllers and a DS3) for $50 and a Wii (with 2 Wii Motion+ Remotes,a generic Wii remote and Wii Sports/Sports Resort combo) for $30.

And 90001 PS2 Slim with controller and cables for $15.

And today, I picked up an ElGato HD60, complete in box, for $50.  

As an added bonus, I drove to meet them in what was probably the white-trashiest part of PA I've ever been to.  While at the Walmart parking lot, I saw someone almost run down the cart boy, slam his van into park and get out yelling and screaming so heavily that his fuck ing dentures fell out and landed in the street.  I wish I had been able to get my phone out to record it, because this shit would have made it on Tosh.0, it was that hilariously unexpected.  And I'm sure the guy I bought the ElGato from was using it to buy meth for his girlfriend and his self.

Well, you would know, being Spooge and all. :D

A Playstation 3 for $50? Oy gevalt, I'm never able to find deals like that! I want a PS3 so badly, but I don't want to pay more for one than absolutely necessary. PS3s on eBay sell for twice the amount you paid, and that's with a broken Blu-Ray drive!

Got this pokemon X 3ds xl for $80. Also came with mario kart 7 downloaded.
00u0u_97UYE0zGRCc_600x450.jpg
00T0T_f3W6nGMe4f1_600x450.jpg

[attachment=14246:IMAG0119.jpg]

$55 for everything $10 in travel expenses.

The two pokemon and zelda is breaking even so it was worth picking up. Been wanting a backlit sp for awhile and although its not one its super mint. the case and screen have no scratches or scuffs same with the labels on the games and manuals all mint.

also not shown in pic is a case the sp came in.

pokemon red

pokemon blue

zelda link awakening dx

super mario bros deluxe

mario tennis

tom and jerry mouse attacks

mole mania

super mario world super mario advance 2

cruisin velocity

some japanse game Sakigake!! Otoko Juku - Meioutou Kessen

following day i had another score. $29 for all

[attachment=14267:IMAG0122.jpg]

Someone is trying to sell a PS1 with a bunch of throw away games that were $5 even when they were new lol for $200 here. Though he does have a pretty mint looking set of Tekken, Ridge Racer, and Ace Combat in long boxes that I want... not 200 bucks want though haha. 

Also some dude is pestering me to "trade" my ds lite to him for, and I quote directly from the emails: "A 1994 Sony Discman, Hunting Knives, CD Shelves, or whatever stuff you are into, I got connections and am sure I can find what you are looking for to trade."

.... this is the most Georgia damn email I've ever gotten haha. Im only asking for $40 but this guy sounds like someone out of Deliverance. 

Someone is trying to sell a PS1 with a bunch of throw away games that were $5 even when they were new lol for $200 here. Though he does have a pretty mint looking set of Tekken, Ridge Racer, and Ace Combat in long boxes that I want... not 200 bucks want though haha.

Also some dude is pestering me to "trade" my ds lite to him for, and I quote directly from the emails: "A 1994 Sony Discman, Hunting Knives, CD Shelves, or whatever stuff you are into, I got connections and am sure I can find what you are looking for to trade."

.... this is the most Georgia damn email I've ever gotten haha. Im only asking for $40 but this guy sounds like someone out of Deliverance.
Reply to him that you will trade for a shrubbery. One that looks nice, and not too expensive.

I bought

Dragon Quest 6,

Dragon Quest 9,

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days,

Okami-Den,

and Final Fantasy Echos of Time,

all for DS, for $60. All but KH have manuals and all inserts.

I thought it was a pretty good deal, and finally was able to buy DQ9 again as it was stolen a year or so ago.

Only problem was it took ages for the guy to respond to emails until today, but otherwise went swimmingly!

So jealous of the major cheap deals you guys find though!     :pray: Gimme one!

The other funny thing about those listings is that you can do a google image search on their image and find it somewhere else. It's a pure scam just to get your email address to sell as part of an email list to an advertiser or to get you to spend tons of dough on those penny bid sites.

As an aside, how much of a scam are those penny bid sites?

EDIT: just found a fake listing. I think these are infecting craigslist more and more. http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/vgd/5008721615.html

EDIT2: browsing for another minute I found 4 others. Damn. http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/vgd/4999786825.html
I've seen ads like this before as well. I always steer clear of them because there's no way someone will sell it for such a price.

Bought a Smash Bros Brawl n64 cartridge and I asked if the guy had any other games, and he brought out some random n64 games(nothing great) and a n64 controller. He asked me if i'd be interested in a console, and he dug it out of his garbage(he thought is was worthless). I ended up paying $15 for the stuff he dug out and the console...the best part was the console was a jungle green one with the expansion pack.

Bought a PS3 Slim with all cords and 1 controller for $70.

Originally he wanted $85, I got him to knock it down to $60, where I then waited for him to take some photos/videos of the system on (As he did not want to meet at his own house) and when he sent them back stated some guy offered him $70 and said I'd have to do $75 or match it since I was first. I felt that the $10 increase was worth it to make sure the system worked, so I agreed and we met a few hours later. Returned back to my house, plugged the thing in, annnnnnnnd no picture. Was kinda worried until I went online, and found out I just needed to reset the HDMI connection by holding down the power button until it beeps twice. Worked and I was ecstatic! I've wanted a PS3 for a while, but my cutoff point for cost was $80 and I just couldn't find one until now. Now to spend a buncha money on JRPG's and Exclusives for the system!

I didn't know this thread was still around.  I just started using CL again.

2 weeks ago I got a Black New Nintendo 3DS XL with Pokemon Y, Nintendogs, Spongebob, and Adventure Time for $130.

Last week I got an aqua blue original 3DS with Nintendogs for $40.  It's  beat to hell but it still works.  Great for streetpassing and trading pokemon. 

I've become more confident with haggling people. It's also a great place to do trading. 

In terms of video games I don't get much on CL anymore.

Though I did a Sega Master System, Genesis, and a bunch of games for a 100 dollars. Wonder boys, all the Alex Kidds, 3d attachment, and a bunch of others I forget about.

I've been doing alot better on Craigslist with TPBs, graphic novels, manga, and that kind of stuff. The video game section is pretty much all crappy retro stores selling their stuff, people selling at crappy retro store prices, or crappy retro stores beginng for games.

Got an Xbox 360 4GB unit a few weeks ago, complete with controllers and Kinect. Sold the Kinect, got a 320GB hard drive, modified it for Xbox use. Would like to play Jet Set Radio Future before I trade it up for a PS4 or something.

Just got an illusive craigslist steal.

Ad listed a 360 slim, came with a kinect, Forza 4, Halo Reach and Medal of Honor, and one wired 3rd party controller.

Asking price was 50$, I paid 40$.

Took the power cord, Forza, the component cables and controller to Gamestop for 39.16$ cash, then picked up an adapter that goes from old style power brick to slim at my local shop for 13$.

So I got a working 360 slim (4GB), 16GB USB in the back, Halo Reach and Medal of Honor for 84 cents out of pocket + 13$ in credit.

[attachment=15509:IMG_4542.JPG]

Paid $33 for this bundle. Limited edition Pokemon DS Lite with a carrying case, charger, and 15 puzzle games. Mostly shovelware, but the highlights are Hotel Dusk, Trace Memory, and Professor Layton 4. :D

From on gumtree (UK site)

"new" condition new 3DS

Monster hunter ultimate 4

Pokemon Alpha Saphire

The Legend of Zelda Majoras Mask 

Negotiated the price down to £85!!

Will be keeping pokemon and selling the other two, which basically pay for half the system

Screen_Shot_2015_07_14_at_21_54_43.png

I got a cobalt 3DS the other day for 40 bucks.  The guy said he bought it new and never played it.  At first I was thinking he was full of shit, but then I got to see it in person and It had not one scratch on it at all, not one indentation in the thumb stick, and it still made that satisfying "thunk" noise when you fully open it.  I'm so conflicted now because gamestop is doing the trade up promo but this thing is really pretty. 

So someone I know asked me to help them list a house on Craigslist... is there anything legal wise I need to know before making a house ad? I'm just adding whatever text/pics they give me and uploading the ad.

From on gumtree (UK site)

"new" condition new 3DS
Monster hunter ultimate 4
Pokemon Alpha Saphire
The Legend of Zelda Majoras Mask

Negotiated the price down to £85!!

Will be keeping pokemon and selling the other two, which basically pay for half the system

Screen_Shot_2015_07_14_at_21_54_43.png
NICE FIND! How do you like the new 3DS? Is it worth the upgrade?

I never had the original 3DS, but I used it a little bit in a store years ago.

- Stylus is wayy to small

- Power button is hard to press

-3D is much better

-It's overall pretty uncomfortable to hold

- Not limited to the "new" model but the circle pad is really weird to use. Doesn't feel nice to use.

Only got it because I managed to find a killer deal, but seems the XL would've been a better choice for comfort.

I'm selling some larger items on CL for a couple people who are moving out of my neighborhood. 7-10% commission. I took pictures of their stuff, typed up a description and am refreshing the ads. Does anyone else do this? Does it pay off pretty well?

[quote name="Ferrari Racer" post="12826930" timestamp="1437832133"]I'm selling some larger items on CL for a couple people who are moving out of my neighborhood. 7-10% commission. I took pictures of their stuff, typed up a description and am refreshing the ads. Does anyone else do this? Does it pay off pretty well?[/quote]

That sounds like a huge pain the the ass to me. At least in my area Craigslist buyers are difficult to deal with at best. I would charge a lot more than 10% for that service. When I sold some things on eBay/Amazon for friends I got 40%.

That sounds like a huge pain the the ass to me. At least in my area Craigslist buyers are difficult to deal with at best. I would charge a lot more than 10% for that service. When I sold some things on eBay/Amazon for friends I got 40%.
So far it's been going ok for stuff I've been selling for those people. I've made $270 from one person so far, though they sold a couple things for over $1000. They've sold almost everything they wanted gone within the past few weeks. I may go up to 15-20% from now on and see if I get any interest. Might go around my neighborhood and nearby and drop off a little ad or something for my service at houses that are for sale.

I wouldn't be bringing their stuff to my house, that's what I've been doing so far. The people I'm selling for are meeting up with buyers themselves, though I could do that as well. I know some people don't feel comfortable meeting up with people on Craigslist.

Picked up a 250GB Xbox 360 slim with the cords and a wired controller for 50$ today, will be keeping the HDD and flipping the rest to GS and making a little money off the deal.

[attachment=17101:IMG_4822.JPG]

$30 for all of this. Unfortunately, half the games are too scratched to play. I'll have to look into fixing them. Even if they're beyond repair, $30 for a PSP and four games is still pretty good.

Anyone know if there's a limit to how many ads you can post in 24 hours on Craigslist? Whenever I post stuff I usually put up 2-3 ads in one day. Was hoping maybe to post 5-6 ads today.

Picked up this bundle for $120 earlier today. Already have the games so I will be trading them in to Gamestop tomorrow for $110.

$10 New 3ds xl :D/

2iktw29.jpg

I got the following games for $5/each

Dragon Ball Xenoverse
Dragon Ball Raging Blast 2
Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi
Injustice ultimate edition
Capcom Digital Collection

All are for the Xbox 360.

1 MadCatz steering wheel with extra foot pedals.
-2 DDR Non-slip dance pads

-1 Multitap so you can play up to 4 players
-1 microphone
-1 wireless controller
-1 wired controller
-Memory Card

Games included with purchaser are:
Star Wars the video game
The Simpsons Hit and Run
Monster Jam- extreme truck action
Hummer Badlands
Dancing with the Stars
Dance Dance Revolution
Dance Dance Revolution Extreme 2
Lego Indiana Jones the original adventure
Disney Ratatouille
Lego Batman
High School Musical
Hannah Montana Spotlight world tour
Lego Star Wars II
Gretzky NHL '06
Harry Potter collection- Chamber of Secrets, Goblet of Fire, Prisoner of Azkaban (unopened)
ATV Offro

Hot Wheels Beat that race game.ad Fury 4
NASCAR Heat 2002
Gran Turismo 3
Scooby-Coo Night of 100 Frights

Picking this all up for $45 here soon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlF8UDedjYc I followed this step for step on an Xbox a little over a year ago and I still play it every once and awhile. Usually when I find a new game at a thrift store or yardsale and want to rip it to the harddrive.

Picked up today on craiglist a CIB SEGA CD model 2. From the looks of it, it might be new never used. Paid $40.

bread's done
Back