The Official Craigslist Finds Thread Vol. 2

An ad posted with 2 xbox 360's (old style whites), 1 120gb hd, an HDdvd player, and a wifi connector listed for $120 for everything.  Note: No controllers to cables for those consoles.  But said willing to split it up.

I called and asked only about the wifi adapter. He said $15.

Met him today and bought it for $13. 

It works and was a good price.

Got all of this for $180. The 3dsxl was the one that came with Mario Kart 7 pre installed, if I do a factory reset will it delete the game?Either way I'll make my money back with just that, and everything else is mine.
IMAG0709-1_zpsf32adcfc.jpg

Got all of this for $180. The 3dsxl was the one that came with Mario Kart 7 pre installed, if I do a factory reset will it delete the game?Either way I'll make my money back with just that, and everything else is mine.
No it wont delete the game forever. You may have to download it from the market place again. Also you can transfer that game to another 3ds if you didnt want the blue one.

My PS3 that I bought on ebay for $110(including shipping) came in the mail today. The listings didn't say it was a slim(it was obvious that it was one through the pics) and it didn't say what was included or the hard drive size. It included the controller, charger cable(for the controller), and power cable. After testing, I was happy to find out that it was a 320gb.

Picked up a small wii bundle for $30.

Arc Rise Fantasia

Mario Galaxy

Twilight Princess

Mario Kart

Monster Hunter Tri

Okami

Raving Rabbids

Guitar Hero 3

Wii Play

Wii Sports

2x Wii Mote with charging station

1x nunchuck

2x Wii Mote wheel enclosures

component cable

I've been to the same guys place three times recently who has been posting up action figures and statues. First I got some He-Man statues, then a few He-Man figures and finally on Friday I picked up a big lot of Simpsons figures. A few are playsets still in the box.

Right now I have the three little He-Man statues up and about 8 of the Simpsons figures up.

Also I can't remember if I posted it or not, but I picked up a new Occulus Rift a few weeks ago. Still haven't got a chance to even use it :/

Last edited by a moderator:
IMAG0712_zpsd046f175.jpg

And his Saturn collection grew 3 sizes that day... Paid $50 for everything and a few more games that have already gone to a local shop for ~$20. Was going to just buy the Saturn stuff, but I saw some Sega CD games poking out in the corner of the pic, and she agreed to throw it in with whatever other game stuff she had lying around, which included controllers and a CDX power supply. She saved my number in case she finds anything else, especially the CDX, but I'm not holding my breath. Nobody ever calls me back :

Traded a DSi I bought for $15 for this N64 lot. Unfortunately everything except Zelda is in crappy shape. Should be able to make a good profit though.

CgWPfYO.jpg

Very nice, I still need Fighter's Destiny, had some fun with that one back in the day. Its one of those ones that's dirt cheap so I don't buy it online, except it isn't THAT common so I rarely see it in stores. Hoping to find it in a lot like that one at some point...

A lot of people don't think. I have friends who are constantly selling things to make rent. If they'd just spend responsibly for a few months, they could put some money in the bank and then not have to sell things for this sort of thing but instead they spend $60.00 on these games and then sell them 3 days later for $15.00 so they can get some cash. Its crazy.

I've been in a situation before where unexpected things came up, it happens, but for normal expenses like food and rent that just shouldn't happen.

A lot of people don't think. I have friends who are constantly selling things to make rent. If they'd just spend responsibly for a few months, they could put some money in the bank and then not have to sell things for this sort of thing but instead they spend $60.00 on these games and then sell them 3 days later for $15.00 so they can get some cash. Its crazy.

I've been in a situation before where unexpected things came up, it happens, but for normal expenses like food and rent that just shouldn't happen.
Yeah that's what I'm talking about.

If you don't have the money to cover your most basic necessities of life (food/water, shelter, transportation) you don't need to be buying a single thing that doesn't fall into those above categories.

I get things happen like your car breaks down or whatever and you get in a bind. It would suck but sometimes sacrifices must be made. But selling all that for $150? No way. They could've asked for at least $200 and I don't think anyone would be insulted.

Oh I also forgot to mention, when I asked her if she had any other games she told me she sold her Super Mario Bros Wii U game at Gamestop to get cigarette money..... really? lol.

Just talked down a guy for a red standard 3DS and Pokemon X in an SD card from $180 to $130.

Do you guys think it's a decent enough deal? I think I  could have knocked another $10 off.

Not exactly Craigslist, but I had quite the score from the local Facebook Swip-Swap group. This lot was posted for $120 but I got it for $110. It was awesome as it was, but when I met him and he gave me the boxes for two of the action sets I almost flipped, since they weren't pictured in the lot. At any rate, 2 of the NES work and 2 are faulty, so I'll be trying my hand at replacing the 72 pin connectors, and there's a lot of missing cords, most notably 3 of the NES power adapters, but one boxed system could pay for everything here, so I'm not complaining.

IMG_5781_zps7ccb9fe4.jpg

IMG_5782_zps53e07ce5.jpg
[/URL]

Replied to NES ad that listed four working games (Tetris, Double Dragon, Othello, and Tetris), and a handful of non-working games. Bought everything sign unseen for ten dollars, thinking I might get lucky with the unlisted, non-working games. Think I did pretty well.

NES Lot by ChuckT2012, on Flickr

Bonus: All of the games worked perfectly fine - my guess is that they were trying them on a pooched NES.

BIG score tonight! I got a Halo 4 edition Xbox 360 with both controllers, controller stand, headset, Halo 4, Black Ops 2, GTA V, Mass Effect 3, Forza 4 Essentials, and Battlefield 3. 320GB is still in the system.

Total- $150

An older kid sold it to me because he was getting a PS4.

Now I can't decide if I want to keep this or my Star Wars Xbox I already have...

MeAARJE.jpg

Picked up this small Gamecube lot for $15.

The system is missing the AV cables. Mario is missing the instruction book and looks a little scratched, but I already own it.

Custom Robo is going in the collection.  I'll probably also keep the memory card.

I got these 12 snes games plus a snes with two controllers for 80. not the best deal. but should make my money back easily...

upkfv3s.jpg

I picked up a ps3 super silm with a lot of great games today(haven't bought anything on craigslist for a long time)

250gb PS3 Super Slim

wireless controller

cables

:hot: Grand Theft Auto V

:hot: Call of Duty Ghosts

Call of Duty Black Ops II

Call of Duty MW3

Call of Duty MW2(with steelbook)

Battlefield 3

Uncharted 3 Goty

Modnation Racers

Need for Speed Most Wanted(2012)

Tom Clancy's Hawk

I paid $260 for all of it.

dcDy0xi.jpg

All for $80; first time buying something off Craigslist. Not the 'best' deal but I'm very happy with it as I don't own any of the Zelda games :D

Yesterday's pick-up for $40

-Red Gameboy pocket
-Carry case
-link cable
-Gex
-Donkey Kong Land
-Dr Mario
-Pokemon Gold (needs a new save battery)
-Pokemon Blue (needs a new save battery)
-Pokemon Yellow

I already have a bunch of the save batteries, so it's a pretty good deal.

Need some advice here. Usually when I sell something on Craiglist I meet people at the mall or the police station and the exchanges are ash only no problems.

Today some guy asked for my paypal address, because I'm selling a PS4. Question is: am I being too paranoid about using paypal in this case? I don't want to find out it's some stolen credit card or bad paypal address, or something worse.

Am I being paranoid, or is this a legit concern? Has anyone else ever had a similar situation?

Need some advice here. Usually when I sell something on Craiglist I meet people at the mall or the police station and the exchanges are ash only no problems.

Today some guy asked for my paypal address, because I'm selling a PS4. Question is: am I being too paranoid about using paypal in this case? I don't want to find out it's some stolen credit card or bad paypal address, or something worse.

Am I being paranoid, or is this a legit concern? Has anyone else ever had a similar situation?
DON'T DO IT.

He could easily file a case on Paypal after he buys it and get his money back.

That's exactly what I thought. I replied to him after I posted here, told him I would only do it in cash.

And he's yet to respond. Glad I played it safe

Craigs list for me personally tends to attract shady types. Types who wanna met on the corner and drop off the goods without giving you barely a chance to try out the system and even check for essentials like power supply,etc. Its really hard to argue let me look at the product when the guy seems ready to run off. Also Craigs list types always seem to be the one's who go for collectors prices and seem less likely to work it like its a deal. I much prefer working yard sales where i at least have a chance of scoring something at bargain prices.

I'm just too nervous about this one....seems too good to be true. Me being a girl also makes me more worried :p Tempting but it doesn't seem worth it :/
You might be ok if you bring friends along and tell him to meet IN FRONT of the store. If he tries to get you to come somewhere else that may be a red flag.

I'm not sure if this is a "find" or a trap :whistle2:k

PS4 (litely used) 3 games - $200

I got a used PS4 with three games... You can come to my apartment and try it out.

200 is the lowest I will go.

http://pennstate.craigslist.org/vgm/4247751603.html

I don't think it's worth the risk...any thoughts on this?
Personally I would call GS and ask if I can do the transaction there (to test it...)

Stores around here are pretty nice as long as it's not busy when you go in...

$400 video game system that most DERPs still think they can make $200 profit on ....and 3 games for only $200........uhhhh how can anyone think thats real??!!  :dunce:

bread's done
Back