The Official July CAG 2010 Pick-Ups Thread - So Fresh So Clean Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stick number 7 w00000000000

4756254893_8ae81cdac0.jpg

Even still, you buy way too many games and movies that you will never get around to. Ya'll get on to me but got damn. You worse, $$$$a.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Even still, you buy way too many games and movies that you will never get around to. Ya'll get on to me but got damn. You worse, $$$$a.[/QUOTE]

What? Even the people who post in this thread buy about 1/3 of what you buy every month, and it's actually games they want to play, not to just pad their collection. I say we give thief the GameFAQs treatment.

Nice Blue Stinger.

So, the guy responds with:
You know if you really didn't want it you should've never bid on it. I'll give you your refund though, but you gotta leave me positive feedback and confirm that you received it. Paypal won't release your payment to me unless you do this, and you'll get the total amount back minus the shipping costs.
What a joke. This guy must think I was born yesterday.

And, I'm assuming you could just play PDS on your computer.

picture.php

I got my replacement copy of Deathsmiles today from Amazon and I picked up my Pre-Order Hat for Persona 3 Portable. :bouncy:
(I tried to keep Master Etna out of the picture, but I failed... She wanted to see the sweet hat)

Divinity II: Ego Draconis - Xbox 360, $21

Hell yes, finally it's mine! Super excited bro... I love me some RPG's. Got paid today, $372. For two weeks. x_x

Also got me a sick ass pair of RAY BANS...

[quote name='lmz00']Nice Blue Stinger.[/QUOTE]

Thanks; it was one of the first DC games I ever owned. Unfortunately the eBay seller has a completely different idea of what is "Acceptable" compared to me.

dscn1448t.jpg

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Even still, you buy way too many games and movies that you will never get around to. Ya'll get on to me but got damn. You worse, $$$$a.[/QUOTE]

I hope that wasn't directed at me, lol.

[quote name='lmz00']Nice Blue Stinger.

So, the guy responds with:
What a joke. This guy must think I was born yesterday.

And, I'm assuming you could just play PDS on your computer.[/QUOTE]
What a douche that guy is. At least you're getting a refund, though.

i paid $372 in taxes off my check this week.... i wish i had no bills. and i wish i could cash out my 401K, or cash in my stocks... damn you wife and kids and responsibility, you get in the way of my material possessions!

on a side note, i loved the maximum carnage red cartridge, they need to remake that, the x-men arcade game, or cap and the avengers game to todays standard with coop.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Divinity II: Ego Draconis - Xbox 360, $21

Hell yes, finally it's mine! Super excited bro... I love me some RPG's. Got paid today, $372. For two weeks. x_x

Also got me a sick ass pair of RAY BANS...[/QUOTE]

Dude, please don't brag about that, you're how old? I'm guessing around 20? You make less in two weeks than I do in 1, and I just turned 18. I see your high horse, why don't you just jump on down before you hurt yourself...

[quote name='KillerRamen']
picture.php

I got my replacement copy of Deathsmiles today from Amazon and I picked up my Pre-Order Hat for Persona 3 Portable. :bouncy:
(I tried to keep Master Etna out of the picture, but I failed... She wanted to see the sweet hat)[/QUOTE]

So I guess if GS is already giving out the hats there's not going to be any special packaging for P3P? That's a little disappointing, especially considering Amazons description makes it sound like the hat and the game will be packaged together.

Click Pictures to Zoom. Post was getting to big to just do the standard pictures

[IMG-L=6061]16272[/IMG-L]

Bought Nier & Alpha off of my friend for $20 ea, Singularity from Amazon (got the Graphic Novel but forgot to put it in the picture), Hot Shots Tennis from GS, and Front Mission 3 from pawn shop for $3

[IMG-L=6061]16273[/IMG-L][IMG-L=6061]16274[/IMG-L][IMG-L=6061]16275[/IMG-L]

All of the PS2 games were bought locally. Saw a classified ad in the paper selling videogames. I called and exchanged a few emails with a lady. Her son was selling them cuz they were "old" and he wanted 360 & PS3 games. She threw out a price at me and I jumped on it right away. There were 28 games and I got em all for $50. A lot of them are former rentals so some sticker removal was necessary but all of them are complete and I lack quite a few of them in my PS2 collection. She didn't seem to keen on the price gamestop quoted her son in cash, I think.

I got a 2nd DeathSmiles faceplate via a friend that works in a video store, he also got me the Naughty Bear figure (it isn't a bobblehead :whistle2:(), and the Crackdown 2 avatar item code.

Bought a 1600 pts card to get the Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 DLC. :D

[IMG-L=6061]16276[/IMG-L]

Pixel Arts courtesy of deadbodyman11 in the Trade Forum. Gotta love FF VI pixel arts! Also an additional one he threw in there of Boo.

[IMG-L=6061]16277[/IMG-L][IMG-L=6061]16278[/IMG-L]

The assistant manager at my gamestop is awesome. He saves pretty much any poster or standee or display box I want. He saved me both of these window posters. Very happy I got the DQ IX!!! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rainking187']So I guess if GS is already giving out the hats there's not going to be any special packaging for P3P? That's a little disappointing, especially considering Amazons description makes it sound like the hat and the game will be packaged together.[/QUOTE]

Apparently they got them in a bag with a bunch of other stuff and they had no idea what they were for... I asked about it while paying off my Persona 3 pre-order and they gave me my hat! It was a good day. :bouncy:

Turns out those ray bans are fake, so I promptly got a $50 refund on that bitch.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']@Fire_Thief you look high as hell in that pic u posted haha[/QUOTE]

Bro . . let me tell you . . lmaoooo.

Nice Vendetta, cool to see you slumming for deals as well as puttin up some high dollar grabs, you are a pickup god.

headin to Hollywood again to check stocks

Last day of the steam sale and no new dailes so pickups from the whole thing.

Overlord Complete Pack 4.50
SSHD Double Pack (US) 7.50
Half-Life 1 1.99
Max Payne Bundle 3.74
Thief: Deadly Shadows 2.99
Winterbottom 2.49
Ghost Master 0.95
Borderlands 10.19
Borderlands DLC: Dr. Ned 3.39
Borderlands DLC: Mad Moxxi 3.39
Borderlands DLC: The Secret Armory of General Knoxx 3.39
Half-Life 2 3.39
Half-Life 2: Episode One 2.71
Half-Life 2: Episode Two 2.71
Mount and Blade: Warband 14.99

Total spent: 65.62
Total games got: 19, counting DLC

[quote name='Freemason']Nice Vendetta, cool to see you slumming for deals as well as puttin up some high dollar grabs, you are a pickup god.

headin to Hollywood again to check stocks[/QUOTE]

Thanks dude. Actually the only high dollar grab was Singularity but even then I used $30 in videogame credit I had saved up on it. :)

That PS2 lot was fantastic though. The lady said she woudl shoot me an email when her son sorts through his old original xbox games. Looked like he had a few I might want. So hopefully she gets back to me :D

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']
Bought Nier & Alpha off of my friend for $20 ea, Singularity from Amazon (got the Graphic Novel but forgot to put it in the picture), Hot Shots Tennis from GS, and Front Mission 3 from pawn shop for $3
[/QUOTE]
mind telling me how alpha protocal is once you finish it? i hear so many bad things about it but i like game where my choices change the game and it doesn't look that bad... i think

btw nice pickups :D

Don't remember a lot about Forever Kingdom, but I do remember buying it, playing it for an hour and trading it back in the same week. I think I remember my party spontaneously dying while I was walking around a town, though, and I never knew why.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']

I got a 2nd DeathSmiles faceplate via a friend that works in a video store[/QUOTE]

Your second faceplate. Give it to me! I wants it! :cool:

My Late June Early July Pickups:

main.php

Terminator was $6.25 from the deepdiscount.com 25% off sale. Blur was $10 from Best Buy after Mfr and Gamer RWZ Coupons. Y's was from goozex, even though i have it on psp im getting closer to owning every ps2 rpg. and Just Dance was for the wife to exercise with, got it for $10 after $20 gc from wal-mart.com.

And we also picked up a new car for the wife, we picked her up a 2011 Sonata GLS.
main.php

hit up HWV again who got some new stuff again for the store closing

:360: Lost Planet Extreme Conditions
:360: Rainbow Six Las Vegas
:360: Dead or Alive Xtreme 2
:360: The Darkness
:360: The Lost Odyssey ( still had pre order code )
:psp: Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories - New Sealed

$37 total

Bought some NES carts at Goodwill for .99 cents each
DSC04344.jpg

I already own Track & Field on the Super Mario triple cart but I thought the stand alone cart would be nice to have with it.

Also picked up a CD at Goodwill
DSC04346.jpg

I finally upgraded from my LG EnV 2
DSC04337.jpg

And downloaded some free books from the Kindle App
kindle.jpg

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']Makin' sick minimum wage.[/QUOTE]

Meh, minimum wage is fine...at least at my job.

I make invoices and take calls for maybe 3 hours total per day and spend the rest of the time browsing the internet.(The other 5 hours)

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']Makin' sick minimum wage.[/QUOTE]

I had to laugh when I saw that... that's like.. 2 days(?) or so for me...

But hey, he's going places! His future is so bright that he has to wear Ray Bans.

[quote name='Denzalo']I had to laugh when I saw that... that's like.. 2 days(?) or so for me...

But hey, he's going places! His future is so bright that he has to wear Ray Bans.[/QUOTE]

Lmao, but seriously, never make mention of that song again... I don't even know where to begin with my hate for Pat mAcdonald...

[quote name='Vulgarism']Lmao, but seriously, never make mention of that song again... I don't even know where to begin with my hate for Pat mAcdonald...[/QUOTE]

Who is Pat mAcdonald?

Anyway, didn't get the faceplate I begged for a couple posts up so just wanted to pop in real quick before I'm off to school. Speaking of which, it's been really, really stressful lately, but nothing to worry about.
I'm doin' all right, gettin' good grades.

[quote name='dv8mad']Who is Pat mAcdonald?

Anyway, didn't get the faceplate I begged for a couple posts up so just wanted to pop in real quick before I'm off to school. Speaking of which, it's been really, really stressful lately, but nothing to worry about.
I'm doin' all right, gettin' good grades.
[/QUOTE]

He was in Timbuk 3. He now owns a small hotel up here, and they do a huge concert fest every year called Steel Bridge Fest. We played on it three times, and it's supposed to get funds to fix up this ugly old bridge that doesn't even work anymore (and mind you, this concert brings thousands of people up here, so I'm sure they make tons) but nothing has been done to the bridge... Wonder why? Take a guess. Plus, it was a pain to play the show, since there were separate stages all over town and the only "rock" stage was either at a dilapidated bar or an empty old dollar general...

[quote name='dv8mad']^ Dang, you didn't get that one at all buddy! :rofl:[/QUOTE]

I guess not :cry: STOP LAUGHING! You're a bully DV8, and now I'm never going to buy used Japanese panties from you again :cry:

[quote name='Freemason']I will pick up Vulgarism's orders.. I've been waiting for someone to get bumped from that waiting list anyhow.[/QUOTE]

They are all yours! I hear DV8 gets em from men anyways!

Some pick ups this month (Pictures later)

MGS Essential Collection - Wal Mart - $20
MGS Essential Collection - Gladriel - $0
Super Street Fighter 4 - Gladrel - $0
Battle Royale 2 disc director's cut
Red Dead Redemption (Birthday present)
Disgaea 3 (Birthday present)
Final Fantasy XIII guide - Mega Media Xchange - $4.99
Clock Tower 3 - GBgames - $3.99
Skullcandy Hesh Shattered Blue headphones - Lockerz - $0
The Toxic Avenger DVD - Lockerz - $0
Harajuku Lovers shirt - Lockerz - $0 (gonna give it to somebody as a gift)

FedEx just dropped my orders from Amazon Warehouse.

360 Slim - $226.99
Beatles Rock Band LE - $57.99

Box on the 360 semi smooshed on the top left and right corners and half a pinky ish sized indentation in the cardboard on top.

Also got my $50 rewards check from Chase and e-rewards GS GC today.
Transferring content to the new hd now.

Keep finding reasons to delay getting my exhaust.

Darkest of Days - Xbox 360, $17 at Amazon. I played the demo and enjoyed it, so I'm going to like this game. Don't hate.

Red Faction Guerrilla - Xbox 360, $11 at Amazon. Heard so many good things, couldn't pass up on this price.

Target Terror - Wii, New - $14 via GoHastings. I like arcade shooters, especially on Wii. This one has live action video, which always gets me. I'm a sucker for these kinds. So a great price point on it, finally.

I have a few preordered... Halo Reach, Metroid Other M, and Arc Rise Fantasia. I'll end up preordering Black Ops on 360, since that's the system my friends play on. If they give a $20 credit with MoH, I'll preorder that on PS3. I hope they give one, may end up buying it anyway.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Darkest of Days - Xbox 360, $17 at Amazon. I played the demo and enjoyed it, so I'm going to like this game. Don't hate.[/QUOTE]

Easy Gamerscore game right there. :D 1K in like 4 hours. I am waiting for it to drop around $10 to pick it up myself :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back