The Official July CAG 2010 Pick-Ups Thread - So Fresh So Clean Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Freemason']pretty much a done deal, got through Craigslist 15 minutes after they posted it
:ps3: ps3 slim 120gb

:ps3: Soul Calibur IV
:ps3: Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2
:ps3: Motor Storm
:ps3: Resistance Fall Of Man
:ps3: Call Of Duty World At War
:ps3: Need For Speed Carbon
:ps3: Grand Theft Auto IV

Accessories included are all original cables that are included in the system
USB charging cable
DVI To HDMI cable
Official Vertical Stand
Dual Shock 3 controller
Controller Grip+joystick Rubber Grip
original box and documents.

for.. ready? $130 shipped from 3 hours away... well check it out when it gets here[/QUOTE]

From Craigslist:
DEAL LOCALLY WITH FOLKS YOU CAN MEET IN PERSON - follow this one simple rule and you will avoid 99% of the scam attempts on craigslist.
NEVER WIRE FUNDS VIA WESTERN UNION, MONEYGRAM or any other wire service - anyone who asks you to do so is a scammer.
FAKE CASHIER CHECKS & MONEY ORDERS ARE COMMON, and BANKS WILL CASH THEM AND THEN HOLD YOU RESPONSIBLE when the fake is discovered weeks later.
CRAIGSLIST IS NOT INVOLVED IN ANY TRANSACTION, and does not handle payments, guarantee transactions, provide escrow services, or offer "buyer protection" or "seller certification"
NEVER GIVE OUT FINANCIAL INFORMATION (bank account number, social security number, eBay/PayPal info, etc.)
AVOID DEALS INVOLVING SHIPPING OR ESCROW SERVICES and know that ONLY A SCAMMER WILL "GUARANTEE" YOUR TRANSACTION.

I would've drove the 3 hours to get the system/games/etc in person if I were you. Good luck though.

Anyway, to add to my former list, I grabbed a copy of the Red Dead Redemption from the "Gamestop Power Hour" deal for $24 and they're overnighting it to me cuz their website went down n I had to order via their customer service line.

Another game I only bought because BCB's ending soon.

:ps3: KOF XII - $8

Had no description at all, but figured it was a PS3 game so couldn't be that bad if it came down to worst case scenario type deal. Looks like it was a Hollywood Video game rental, generic insert, came with manual though.

Probably play it a couple times to hear Terry say burn knuckle and never touch it again.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']From Craigslist:

I would've drove the 3 hours to get the system/games/etc in person if I were you. Good luck though.

Anyway, to add to my former list, I grabbed a copy of the Red Dead Redemption from the "Gamestop Power Hour" deal for $24 and they're overnighting it to me cuz their website went down n I had to order via their customer service line.[/QUOTE]

yeah i know the risks, but talked to them on the phone and exchanged info and stuff, its a mom getting rid of her kids as hes failing school. also verified if there was any problems she would refund me first and pay to send it back. and if there is a problem, i will drive up there. and just got

:psp: Star Wars Renegade Squadron - UMD/book in non original case only from Goozex for 100 points for my free signup bonus

[quote name='Freemason']yeah i know the risks, but talked to them on the phone and exchanged info and stuff, its a mom getting rid of her kids as hes failing school. also verified if there was any problems she would refund me first and pay to send it back. and if there is a problem, i will drive up there.[/QUOTE]
Ouch. Poor kid. But good for you.:applause:;) I was a tad too late a couple years ago in grabbing this huge PS2 lot with mostly non sports games, 8 memory cards, 10 controllers and a shitload of other stuff for about $100. It was some guys disgruntled ex gf selling it on him.:lol: Poor bastard.

That's why ya never leave shit over a gf's house cuz if they become an ex they might break/sell/throw it away.:whistle2:#

yeah turns out the number i called was just a set up agent to answer the same for all calls, then when they exchange info, they send you the email

Hey Insomniasaint

Sorry the ps3 isn't available anymore. But since I sold mine already
I guess I can tell you where I got it for free. It looks like it
still works. Tippingtech's doing a promo and giving people
playstations.

www.tippingtech.com/promos/ps3

I'd appreiciate it if you sent me a little something back when you get it! :)

--
Jessica

psssshh... yeah they do, but i turned them in and the phone number and info to the local FBI Cyber Crimes Division to register them as fraud... no biggy, just annoying

bought crackdown (used, with all the stuff evan the halo 3 beta paper) for like $14 from gamestop, i could have gotten it cheaper online but i decicded to pick up something to play because i was bored today.

maybe i'll get a super cheap game next week, i'm thinking mirrors edge any suggestions?

Had some birthday money, so the sales caused me to cave and spend it.

Picked up today:

Shin Megami Tensei from Fry's - $19.99

Went to Best Buy to buy Kanon, which their site said they had, but didn't. Ended up picking up Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles for $39.99 (already have buyer's remorse on it), and Claymore (GF wanted it).

They also had clearanced games for 50% less than labeled price. Picked up "Fabulous Finds" for $4.99 (GF wanted it, again), and Puzzle Quest Galactrix on PC for $2.49.

Also found a couple of pennied guides which weren't there 2 weeks ago. Got Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky, Army of Two 40th Day, Mario and Luigi Bowser's Inside Story, and Cheat Code Overload.

Decided to go to another Best Buy to try our luck. Found another copy of Mario and Luigi, a copy of Final Fantasy Crystal Bearers, and another Pokemon guide. Also bought a 1600 point card cause I'm no longer afraid to play Xbox S.

But yea, I'm leaning towards returning Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles... I've never been a fan of Clamp. Didn't like xxxHoLiC, Angelic Layer, X, etc, Chobits was ok, and CCS was probably the one I liked the most.

[quote name='jab1235']bought crackdown (used, with all the stuff evan the halo 3 beta paper) for like $14 from gamestop, i could have gotten it cheaper online but i decicded to pick up something to play because i was bored today.

maybe i'll get a super cheap game next week, i'm thinking mirrors edge any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Most definitely Mirror's Edge. I cannot praise that game enough. It has it's problems, but the game is brilliant.

Picked up these two today:

4779253196_73e7824f02.jpg

:psp: Persona 3 Portable was $31 from Best Buy. Had a RZ certificate, and this actually got me another $10 Bonus Certificate.
:ps3: Trinity Universe was $24 + Tax from Gamestop after GS30 and my previous $25 GC from e-rewards.

[quote name='joen05']Picked up these two today:

4779253196_73e7824f02.jpg

:psp: Persona 3 Portable was $31 from Best Buy. Had a RZ certificate, and this actually got me another $10 Bonus Certificate.
:ps3: Trinity Universe was $24 + Tax from Gamestop after GS30 and my previous $25 GC from e-rewards.[/QUOTE]Good man, buying games by Atlus and NIS America. They are the only true games for girthy men! I am dissapointed though that you used coupons on them, Atlus should be getting the full amount, and more!

[quote name='darkslime']Good man, buying games by Atlus and NIS America. They are the only true games for girthy men! I am dissapointed though that you used coupons on them, Atlus should be getting the full amount, and more![/QUOTE]

lol slimer

Snagged a like new ICO and Odin Sphere from GameStop today, never been to that store but they had tons of stuff. PM me if you're interested in either game

[quote name='darkslime']Good man, buying games by Atlus and NIS America. They are the only true games for girthy men! I am dissapointed though that you used coupons on them, Atlus should be getting the full amount, and more![/QUOTE]

lol... if it helps it was mainly gift cards. They truly make awesome games, and I'm glad to support them.

Went to K-mart to pickup Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker for 20 bucks. I used my rewards subtracting 2.62 cents and also received free orbit gum. Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker and free Orbit Gum for less than 20 bucks? Deal of the year.

:wii: Metroid Prime Trilogy 39.99 - Amazon Warehouse Deals
:gc: Resident Evil 3 Nemesis 19.99 minus whatever edge plus tax ended up as - GameStop

Feel like I reached pretty badly just to get some games for the Wii. Not too satisfied with what I paid for either.

Had an e-rewards gift card so guess that RE wasn't so bad. Was about the only complete copy out of the games I wanted that they had for GC. Scoured Target today for a good 30 - 40 minutes to try and find some sort of clearance endcap to try and find Metroid Prime to no avail (Hadn't been to target in years.) So I suppose I'll keep copy from Amazon Warehouse.

I got Universe at War on 360 for $6.49 shipped from Warehousedeals. This is a really underrated game, most don't even know about it, or remember it. Check it out guys.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']I got Universe at War on 360 for $6.49 shipped from Warehousedeals. This is a really underrated game, most don't even know about it, or remember it. Check it out guys.[/QUOTE]

It's not an underrated game on PC. The controls just plain suck on 360.

I *ordered* a reproduction cart of a SNES hack I like from GameReproductions, though I probably won't *pick it up* until next month, lol. Takes time to make repros!

Pick ups for late June/July.

IMG_0321.jpg

IMG_0324.jpg

IMG_0325.jpg

Pretty obvious pick ups. Deathsmiles LE was $19.99 after coupons from Amazon, Aladdin SNES was from another CAG, Lion King SNES was from the Flea Market for $5. NeoGeo Battle Coliseum was $5 from TRU, and I figured it'd be nice to have for some PS2 fighting action.

Lego Harry Potter CE was $57 from GS.com, Transformers WFC was like $34 after TRU's BOGO, Patapon 2 (with the UMD) was $10 from Frys, and Persona 3 Portable was $29.99 from GS.com (and they shipped the Junpei hat too :bouncy: )

Finally, I couldn't wait for my DQIX copy to come in from Gamestop so I just went to Kmart and got it with their BOGO along with MegaMan Zero Collection which came out to $15. The DQIX guide was from Gamestop, and I'm just going to trade/sell my second copy of DQIX when it comes in.

Also I can't emphasize enough how much I love my PSP I got last month. It's currently been my most used console, I've been playing a bunch of games I needed to catch up on (particularly LocoRoco 2, and I started P3P as soon as I got that. I'm also considering getting Puzzle Quest on it because I feel like playing it again and I hate the touch screen controls on the DS.
IMG_0317-1.jpg

The fact a Lego game got a collector's edition stuns me. I've not been a fan of more recent titles; Though the 90s lego games were amazing.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']I got Universe at War on 360 for $6.49 shipped from Warehousedeals. This is a really underrated game, most don't even know about it, or remember it. Check it out guys.[/QUOTE]

just dig into the bargain bin or .99 ebay auctions for it, i thought it was terrible. got it in a lot off ebay and promptly took it to gamestop during the 25% bonus trade in and made $5 on it. waaaay better RTS's out there IMO.

Got a good bit today...

Universe at War - 360, $6.49

Bloody Roar - PSN, $6

Mortal Kombat II - PSN, $5

School Rumble Complete Series - DVD, New - $26 at Amazon.

Dragonball Season 4 - DVD, New - $22.49 at Amazon.

Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Complete - Blu Ray, $11.49 at Overstock.

Etrian Odyssey III - DS, Preorder - $30 with 60 page art book at Amazon.

Got some more stuff from a shop yesterday.
291fdwg.jpg

Crackdown 2 - $64.XX (I forgot how much it was with tax. Just wanted it and didn't want to wait for it to ship.)
Fifa 06 RTWC - $5.00 - Needed a cheap soccer game.
The DVD's - $3.00 each
Gillette Fusion MVP Razor - $2.00 - (Not as good as the proglide but cheap enough.)

I still am waiting for Toy Story 2 Blu-Ray thanks to stupid e-checks. And I have a few things coming from trades.

bloody roar... god i loved that game.. might have to grab it on the PSP. and anchorman is awesome. hopin a 28 game deal comes through tonight via eBay, but some nice pickups all

White Wii Remote $11.99 - Amazon Warehouse Deals
:wii: New Super Mario Bros $19.00 - eBay
:360: Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands - Goozex

Still trying to squeeze the most out of the BCB before it ends.

picusd.jpg

Some pickups from last month included in the pic. Got Blur for $10 at Best Buy, Dead Space for $10 from the EA Store, and RDR for $24 from Gamestop's power hour sale.

Got another set of SNES wireless controllers today. They're brand new, but I can tell that they were definitely from a smoker's home (the lady said they were purchased from an estate sale). I think this is the first time I've ever received such a package.

The smell struck in waves, too. When I took it out of the USPS box, when I opened the box, when I took the controllers/receiver out of their plastic bags to inspect, and when I opened the battery door on the controllers.

I wonder if that's something that'll go away by placing it near the air conditioner to air it out, or if it'll always be there. It's a shame, too, because they're in otherwise immaculate condition (as any new item should be).

Today in the mail

Hack-mutation-$9.XX complete Glyde
Trauma center second opinion 9.XX complete Glyde
Red dead redemption-20.XX new GS

[quote name='lmz00']Got another set of SNES wireless controllers today. They're brand new, but I can tell that they were definitely from a smoker's home (the lady said they were purchased from an estate sale). I think this is the first time I've ever received such a package.

The smell struck in waves, too. When I took it out of the USPS box, when I opened the box, when I took the controllers/receiver out of their plastic bags to inspect, and when I opened the battery door on the controllers.

I wonder if that's something that'll go away by placing it near the air conditioner to air it out, or if it'll always be there. It's a shame, too, because they're in otherwise immaculate condition (as any new item should be).[/QUOTE]

do that, and spray it with vinegar and water or sit it next to coffee ( the fresh grounds not brewed ), both absorb smells, the first one will subside the other with make it smell like coffee but eventually subside. depending on the strength will depend how long it will take to remove most or all of it. do not keep it near other plastic wrapped items as they will take on the smell as well, as will manuals or open paper items.

for pickups:

:360: Gun
:360: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
:360: Soul Caliber IV
:360: Viking
:360: Burnout Paradise
:360: GH World Tour

PSP

:psp: Monster hunter unite
:psp: Midway Arcade
:psp: SOCOM Tactical Strike
:psp: Tales of the World Radiant Mythology

$45 shipped direct through a private used dealer, getting the hookup on the following over the next month for about $250.. i was happy as shit. Most are Disc Only but I can get cases and manuals over time. some are as low as $1.50 per game and no more than $4

Xbox 360

Afro Samurai
Battlefield Bad Company
Beowulf The Game
Bionic Commando
Blue Dragon
Brothers in Arms Hell's Highway
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 2 Big Red One
Call of Duty 3
Conan
Condemned 2 Bloodshot
Condemned Criminal Origins
Crackdown
Devil May Cry 4
Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion
FEAR
F.E.A.R. 2 Project Origin
Far Cry 2
Fight Night Round 3
Flatout Ultimate Carnage
Fracture
Gears of War
Gears of War Limited Edition
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Grid
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero II
Guitar Hero World Tour (game only)
Gun
Jericho
Kane and Lynch Dead Men
Lord of the Rings Battle for Middle Earth II
Marvel Ultimate Alliance Gold
Mercenaries 2 World in Flames
Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe
Need for Speed Carbon Collector's Edition
Need for Speed Prostreet
Ninja Blade
Ninja Gaiden II
Perfect Dark Zero
Prince of Persia
Resident Evil 5
Soul Calibur IV
Spiderman 3
Splinter Cell Double Agent
Stranglehold
Street Fighter IV
Tenchu Z
The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
The Godfather
Tom Clancy's End War
Tomb Raider Legend
Two Worlds
Velvet Assassin
Viking Battle for Asgard
Virtua Tennis 3
WarTech Senko no Ronde
X-Men 3 The Official Game
Xbox Live Arcade Unplugged
Xbox Live Arcade

PSP

Armored Core Formula Front
Astonishia Story
Death Jr.
FlatOut Head On
Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories
Lumines
Mega Man Maverick Hunter X
Midway Arcade Treasures Extended Play
Monster Hunter Freedom 2
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Patapon 2
Rainbow Six Vegas
Sims 2 Castaway
SOCOM US Navy Seals Fireteam Bravo 2
SOCOM US Navy Seals Tactical Strike
Steambot Chronicles: Battle Tournament
Syphon Filter Logan's Shadow
Taito Legends Power-Up
Tales of the World Radiant Mythology
The Con
Untold Legends Brotherhood of the Blade
Warhammer 40,000 Squad Command

after i finish this first transaction and check out his goods, if all is well i will talk to him about maybe coming here and posting his stuff. its a side job for him but i think hed do better here than ebay. ill keep you posted.

DSC04359.jpg

NCAA Football 11 from Target with $5.00 Gift Card
I created a Don Coryell Tribute cover and had it printed at Office Max.
Super Mario Kart & Super Tennis was .99 cents each at Goodwill
(not pictured was Diner Dash for the PC from .99 Cents Store)

I'm wanting to start DQ IX but I've overloaded myself and took an extra class, so I'm full time plus an extra class. I don't think I could manage it right now. -_-

i hear ya dude, im working 12-14 hour shifts, going to class full time for my Cyber Crimes Investigations and Computer Forensics, married with 2 kids and a sick cat.. where the F does all the time in the day go? im averaging a whopping 2.5hrs of sleep a day.... ugh

[quote name='Freemason']do that, and spray it with vinegar and water or sit it next to coffee ( the fresh grounds not brewed ), both absorb smells, the first one will subside the other with make it smell like coffee but eventually subside. depending on the strength will depend how long it will take to remove most or all of it. do not keep it near other plastic wrapped items as they will take on the smell as well, as will manuals or open paper items.[/QUOTE]
I think airing them out took care of it. It was mainly the box that had the smell. Dunno if I feel like keeping them, though. It's like they'll always be tainted. :(

Thought about getting some dryer sheets, but I don't know if I feel like going through the trouble.

[quote name='Freemason']i hear ya dude, im working 12-14 hour shifts, going to class full time for my Cyber Crimes Investigations and Computer Forensics, married with 2 kids and a sick cat.. where the F does all the time in the day go? im averaging a whopping 2.5hrs of sleep a day.... ugh[/QUOTE]

Now this.. is overkill. Stop now!

GoAztecs: Nice find on Super Mario Kart!
Super Tennis isn't worth much more than that, though, but the .99 cent SMK is a great price!

I bought a cart-only copy of Illusion of Gaia a couple minutes ago off eBay for 5 bucks shipped; Replaced save battery, too

:wii: Black Wii Classic Controller Pro $9.49 - Amazon Warehouse Deals
:wii: No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle $13.28 - pieceofmindmedia via Amazon.com
:wii: Little King's Story $14.99 - Costco

Really enjoying Little King's Story so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back