The Official July CAG 2010 Pick-Ups Thread - So Fresh So Clean Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='pcktlnt']
Still have 6 games from Goozex on the way. Don't know about the naysayers, but I think Goozex is doing fine.[/QUOTE]

I could not agree more.

[quote name='nekromantix']I remember I bought a bundle on eBay for real cheap, was so happy when it got delivered because I thought it might be too good to be true.

Opened up the box and the stench of cigarettes was horrible. Sucked because it included the :360: chatpad/wireless headset which I wanted to use. Headset still has the smell of cigarettes after 2 - 3 months. :puke:[/QUOTE]

Try putting it in a plastic container with baking soda and sealing it for a few months (not directly in the baking soda, so put a rack or something in it too). This is the way to get cigarette smell from books, but it should work with electronics too.

[quote name='Vulgarism']Funniest thing I've heard this month. So you're telling me you play every single game you buy? I highly doubt that.[/QUOTE]

Of course he does. He almost never buys anything good, so it only takes 2 minutes to try most games he buys.

updates058.jpg

Xbox 360 250GB. Traded in my Wii with 5 games in order to pay for it, and got more than enough. Pretty happy with it since I never played my Wii :)

Blur - $20 on Amazon.
Raiden IV - $15 at Gamestop.com
Alan Wake - $25 from the Microsoft store. Neighbor is an employee at Microsoft.
Sniper Ghost Warrior, and Crackdown 2 - $45 shipped from Amazon. Had unused credit from previous purchases + 25 gift card which knocked down the price quite a bit. :)

updates059.jpg

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']I could not agree more.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad I'm not the only one who still believes in Goozex. That other thread is driving me crazy

[quote name='mistymayem']I'm glad I'm not the only one who still believes in Goozex. That other thread is driving me crazy[/QUOTE]

Yea it's fun when everyone isn't crapping on selling points and no supply all the time. It's a tad slower than before but not service stopping...

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']Yea it's fun when everyone isn't crapping on selling points and no supply all the time. It's a tad slower than before but not service stopping...[/QUOTE]

my one trade i had in 2 days, i agree there are a bunch of shortages for stock but a little poking around can make some great bargains, i got a FF13 going out, with that 1000 points i got 5 games planned to order that are available from it for PSP and 360, an insane value IMO for great games... i plan to buy the 900 - 1000 point games and trade them off for multiple other titles, basically flipping it for profit. i see goozex becoming a good trading arena for me in the near future especially with the HWV closings and eBay bulk lots.

[quote name='Freemason']my one trade i had in 2 days, i agree there are a bunch of shortages for stock but a little poking around can make some great bargains, i got a FF13 going out, with that 1000 points i got 5 games planned to order that are available from it for PSP and 360, an insane value IMO for great games... i plan to buy the 900 - 1000 point games and trade them off for multiple other titles, basically flipping it for profit. i see goozex becoming a good trading arena for me in the near future especially with the HWV closings and eBay bulk lots.[/QUOTE]

I love doing that and catching up on all the great games I've missed over the years. I sent out 2 copies of Blur which I got for $12 each. Basically turning $24 into $100 worth of points. It's a great system for me. People get the supply of new games they want and I take everyone's old games for an amazing value.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']lmz00, so you just buy sealed games and shit? Do you, but that doesn't interest me. I like my playing my shit.[/QUOTE]
Pretty much everything I've bought this year has been a sealed version of a game/console that I already own, with only a handful of exceptions. I would rather keep the games sealed and just play them using alternative methods (Myth cart/HD Loader/whatever) than play the originals. Even for games that I open and play, I still only buy new. Used stuff doesn't interest me/grosses me out.

That last bit was pretty funny. It's well established that you buy games for the sake of buying games and having a stuffed bookshelf/closet.

[quote name='lmz00']Pretty much everything I've bought this year has been a sealed version of a game/console that I already own, with only a handful of exceptions. I would rather keep the games sealed and just play them using alternative methods (Myth cart/HD Loader/whatever) than play the originals. Even for games that I open and play, I still only buy new. Used stuff doesn't interest me/grosses me out.

That last bit was pretty funny. It's well established that you buy games for the sake of buying games and having a stuffed bookshelf/closet.[/QUOTE]

I used to feel the same way about used stuff, but we have a few stores up here that offer great deals on used games, and are much better alternatives to gamestop. One of the local stores, GB games, offers any new game for $36. It could have come out the day prior, and it's only $36, which is starting to not become a huge deal, since you can almost always find new releases for $40 on the internet, but it's a little more convenient for me that way. Plus, always teetering on having cash/not having cash, used games is the only way for me. I wish I could keep sealed games like you, as your collection must already be worth into the thousands, with all the sealed items you have.

Like I've said before, I am interested in what you are able to track down sealed and the price you pay. Even if you feel awkward for saying you paid $200 for a sealed game, it's still interesting to see how value of some games goes up dramatically...

From Gamestop this month:

:ps3:Bayonetta(mint/complete)
:ps3:Bioshock(mint/complete)
:ps3:Dante's Inferno(mint/complete)
:ps3:Red Dead Redemption x2(both SEALED from the Power Hour deal)- one copy was a glitched sale that allowed me to use a $10 off code and I got it for $18 SHIPPED:whee:

I actually received Bioshock from a phone order I placed last Friday when they had the $23.99 Red Dead Redemption Power Hour dealie. So that arrived on Monday with copy#1 of RDR. But I returned Bioshock last night in order to rebuy it as part of the B2G1 sale.

The other copy of RDR showed up yesterday in the normal mail.

I think I'm done for this month, as I've already bought WAYYYYY too much.

Bought this month so far and it's not over

Dragon Quest IX- Kmart $34.99 and got $10 gaming credit for future
Dragon Quest IV- Cool cag $12 shipped
Trading Sacred 2 for PS3 for X360 version
X360 arcade for old laptop
Wifi n adapter- $40 pawn shop- IAp $50
Wired 360 headset- $13 pawn shop paid too much

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']From Gamestop this month:

:ps3:Bayonetta(mint/complete)
:ps3:Bioshock(mint/complete)
:ps3:Dante's Inferno(mint/complete)
:ps3:Red Dead Redemption x2(both SEALED from the Power Hour deal)- one copy was a glitched sale that allowed me to use a $10 off code and I got it for $18 SHIPPED:whee:

I actually received Bioshock from a phone order I placed last Friday when they had the $23.99 Red Dead Redemption Power Hour dealie. So that arrived on Monday with copy#1 of RDR. But I returned Bioshock last night in order to rebuy it as part of the B2G1 sale.

The other copy of RDR showed up yesterday in the normal mail.

I think I'm done for this month, as I've already bought WAYYYYY too much.[/QUOTE]

I'm done for the month too... 360 S, anime from BBY, RDR from GS, and a Droid X yesterday.... Which will be here either Saturday or the 23rd. I woke up thinking about the damn thing like every 2 hours.

Guess what my happy ass just ordered? A PSP 3000 with 4GB card for $97 shipped!! It was the Rock Band bundle. However, I don't want that game, or the movie, so I will trade them to someone for Gran Turismo or any other worthwhile PSP game.

Now, the jokes of me not owning my systems are gone. I bought a PS3 slim 2 weeks ago for $213, and now this... Got dammit I'm getting some great deals. Woo woo!

DSCN0105.png

EDIT: The splotches on the thin part of the label turn out to ruin it for me. He's sending a (free!) replacement though, so hopefully it'll look nice!

I got this from GameReproductions.com, highly reccomended!

It cost 39 dollars shipping included, and he is sending a replacement label for free, so I can't say I don't love this guy! Game's flawless, too. Lovely hack, I recommend both the website and the game!

Last edited by a moderator:
:360:Xbox 360 S 250GB (gift)
CD's
Jedi Mind Tricks: Violent By Design(Og version) $6
Canibus: Rip The Jacker $5
Madlib: Beat Konducta Vol. 3-4 In India $8

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Hit up the flea market this weekend and scored a nice haul.

BEAST
2010-06-24174512.jpg
[/QUOTE]

:puke::puke::puke::puke:

Alrighty... my turn!

2010-07-16151111_Shakopee_Minnesota.jpg

The Legend of Heroes - $6.99 (GameStop)

Finally found a complete version with case and manual, it's in mint condition as well :)

2010-07-16151603_Shakopee_Minnesota.jpg

LocoRoco 2 - $1.97 (Sears)

I've heard nothing but good things about this one, so when I was at Sears I figured I'd see if it wasn't labelled correctly. I was right! Grabbed both that were on the shelf :)

2010-07-16151217_Shakopee_Minnesota.jpg

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona (PSP) - 500 points (Goozex)

Wasn't expecting to get the entire "limited" edition version, but it's all here. Seems good! I won't be sending this one back out.

2010-07-16151122_Shakopee_Minnesota.jpg

Prinny: Can I really be the Hero? - $18 (Toys-R-Us)

Went into TRU today and was pretty surprised to see this sitting in the case. It was marked at $24.99 but they're having an extra 25% off clearance games right now. So I couldn't pass it up.

2010-07-16151317_Shakopee_Minnesota.jpg

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - $14.98 (Target)

I wanted to get this for the easy plat and I was going to wait.. But when I realized that all 8 copies of Brutal Legend were gone in a day, I couldn't wait on the price any longer. I'm sure I'll go back to my Target and the other copy of this will be $7.98 or some crap. That's my luck!

2010-07-16151512_Shakopee_Minnesota.jpg

Super Paper Mario
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Thanks Goozex.

And last but not least...

2010-07-16141955.jpg

5 Packs of The Dark (MTG) - $30

Was hoping for a Maze of Ith.. I got junk. Oh well...

Happy shopping all!

-Phil

[quote name='dorino']Those old M:TG boosters look so plain in comparison to the new ones![/QUOTE]

Yeah for sure, they are harder to open too! haha

I was surprised, they were the first old old school packs I've opened (Started in Unlimited, but never opened any AN, LE, DK, AQ).. I actually got 2 of the exact same card right next to each other in one of the packs.. So odd.

Before:
2010-07-16171813.jpg

After:
2010-07-16192847.jpg

2010-07-16215722.jpg

Haircut coming next. I'm gonna get it layered out and shorter on the sides, and then commence to growing it out real long... I just need it to have some shape.

Got my anti eyebrow piercing.

Before:
2010-07-16171813.jpg

After:
2010-07-16192847.jpg

2010-07-16215722.jpg

Haircut coming next. I'm gonna get it layered out and shorter on the sides, and then commence to growing it out real long... I just need it to have some shape.

it looks like you're crying t-1000's

that tear look should get you all the emo 13 yr old girls you want!

[quote name='myl0r']should have skipped the piercing and picked up a BEAST ham sandwich at McAllister's Deli[/QUOTE]

I had a $3 coupon. So for $6.30 total, I got:

Caesar Salad

Turkey Panini

McAllister's Famous Sweet Tea

Macaroni and Cheese

OH.. MY... GOD... dude... take it out. the sheer medical problems that will cause yanking your eye hole down is a close second to how absolutely terrible it looks. not trying to rag on ya or bash your personal choices in facial accessories but seriously.. just no.

[quote name='fire_thief']i had a $3 coupon. So for $6.30 total, i got:

Caesar salad

turkey panini

mcallister's famous sweet tea

macaroni and cheese[/quote]

$6.30... Shipped!

[quote name='Mizzou75']you should shave those pubes off your chin until you can grow real facial hair[/QUOTE]

I agree with this.

My pick ups for the day from EB and Wal-Mart.

pic1nb.jpg

Got Wario for $10(new) and Sith Edition for $31.50(used/after Edge card) from EB games. Also got that brand new copy of Mass Effect 2 CE from Wal-Mart for $80. I've been waiting for a price drop, but it seemed very unlikely since the game's been out for so long and it was the only copy left so I decided to buy it at full price.

pic2bd.jpg

Got this awesome Mario standee from the nice people at Wal-Mart. I've asking people at different Wal-Marts to see when they'd be getting rid of them, but they've all said that they didn't know. Well, it looks like today was my lucky day! :D

pic3o.jpg

[quote name='Denzalo']Alrighty... my turn!

2010-07-16151122_Shakopee_Minnesota.jpg

Prinny: Can I really be the Hero? - $18 (Toys-R-Us)

Went into TRU today and was pretty surprised to see this sitting in the case. It was marked at $24.99 but they're having an extra 25% off clearance games right now. So I couldn't pass it up.

And last but not least...

2010-07-16141955.jpg

5 Packs of The Dark (MTG) - $30

Was hoping for a Maze of Ith.. I got junk. Oh well...

[/QUOTE]

good to know on the prinny game, also the magic packs are the pickup of the month.

Some of these were bought back in June, but was too lazy to upload them.

DSC00215.jpg

Glory of Heracles
Lumines Remixes OST
1600 MS points
Dual Triggers
Science & Industry museum ticket (free admission week)

DSC00220.jpg

new laptop, Samsung Q430-11. Gave my old one to the parents

steam.png

Steam sale:
L4D2
P.B. Winterbottom
Tropico 3

DSC00223.jpg

shirt from Woot

DSC00224.jpg

Cables for DIY project

DSC00226.jpg

P3 portable with Junbei cap

DSC00230.jpg

All Fronts DLC code from twitter

some S&I museum pics if interested
DSC00177.jpg

DSC00178.jpg

DSC00181.jpg

DSC00175.jpg

picked up

:360: Burnout Paradise
:360: The Club
:360: Superman Returns
:360: Pirates of the Caribbean: At worlds End
:360: Watchmen: The End is Nigh pt 1 and 2
:360: Shadowrun

$23.12 at HWV @ 70% off, monday our store is gonna go to 90% so they have like 9 copies of Bayonetta at 44.99 right now so gonna snag em for $4.50 a pop and a few of their $25 ones

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back