The Official June CAG 2010 Pick-Ups Thread - Support Line Approved! 1-800-BETS-OFF

Seriously? He's here and everyone complains about his posts, so he stops posting and everyone complains he's not here any more? Maybe you guys are the problem.

went to two Goodwills today, since i am heading back to school for a AS in Food Science and a Bachelors in Computer Science ( i tell my work that so i get tuition reimbursement for taking my prereqs for game development hehe ) i made some good nerdy pickups to bulk up my reading... and a tasty little Diablo treat the strat guide in is awesome shape minus the front edging is fading but i dont think it was ever read, and the cd pack has Diablo 1 and 2 all discs are flawless.. doubt it was ever even installed.

all books were $0.50 and the Algebra was $0.75, Diablo game and guide was $3.00. also picked up 3 board games complete and like new for $1.25 each.. but.. eh... for the fam night :)

**EDIT** resized pics sorry they copied wrong on the first one

junepickups001-1.jpg
junepickups002-1-2.jpg

junepickups003-1.jpg
junepickups004-1.jpg

Ourworldcomics

Last edited by a moderator:
just bought banjo-tooie on xbla. was my favorite game on the n64 and i wanted it, not to mention it was on sale today.

Bought some stuff:
:br: 9
:br: Alexander Revisted
:br: Coraline
:br: Public Enemies
:ps3: 3D Dot Game Heroes
JuneRetailItems.jpg

Went a little overboard with the requests on Goozex. Already beat and traded some back out. A lot more on the way. :)
:ps3: 50 Cent
:ps3: Demon's Soul
:ps3: Disgaea 3
:ps3: Fairy Tale Fights
:ps3: Ghostbusters
:ps3: LittleBigPlanet GOTY
:ps3: Monster Madness
:ps3: Ninja Gaiden Sigma
:ps3: Prince of Persia
:ps3: Prototype
:ps3: Saboteur, The
:ps3: Uncharted
:ps3: Wanted
:ps3: Wolverine
:ps3: X-Blades
JuneGoozexGames.jpg

Light month for me so far...

2010-06-16220735.jpg

Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX - $7.48 (Target)

Easily one of my favorite Fighting games, very happy to finally get my mitts on it for PSP

2010-06-16220916.jpg

Untold Legends - 100 points (Goozex)

This came brand new / sealed.. Seems good for 100 points!

2010-06-16220811.jpg

Bioshock - 300 points (Goozex)

Haven't played it yet, but I've heard so many good things.

I also picked up Bioshock 2 for $2.99 from Gamestop, but traded it off for 1000 goozex points already :D

UFC 2009 - 350 points (Goozex)

Thought it'd be fun :)

Oblivion GOTY - $14.99 (GoHastings)

I've started Oblivion around 5 times on the PC, thought I'd pick it up for PS3 and see if I can actually get somewhere!

Soul Caliber IV - Nabbed from a lowball right here!

Pretty much for my fighting game collection, I'll see if I like it. I have enjoyed Soul Caliber in the past.

2010-06-16220836.jpg

Guitar Hero World Tour - 250 points (Goozex)

Had it on Wii, sold that so I picked it up on the cheap from Gooz ;)

Last but not least I nabbed some magazines...

PC Gamer (1 yr) - $5 (Amazon)
Nintendo Power (1 yr) - $5 (Amazon)
Sports Illustrated (1 yr) - $2
Entertainment Weekly (1 yr) - $2

Ok, so it's been a decent month :) Lots more to come!

[quote name='Denzalo']Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX - $7.48 (Target)[/QUOTE]

fuck, I knew I forgot to include something. I also got this on Target clearance ($3.74 though :booty:)

dscn1479u.jpg

dscn1485g.jpg

dscn1500d.jpg

dscn14790.jpg

I hit up a Blockbuster that's going out of business and snagged some good stuff:

--Uncharted 1 -- $9.99
--Dead Space (PS3) -- $9.99
--God of War Collection -- $19.99
--Mario Party 6 -- new, factory sealed! -- $12.99
--Warhawk bluetooth bundle -- new, factory sealed -- $14.99
--God Of War Collection Strategy Guide -- $7

The used games were 10% off, which basically means no tax in Chicago. The new games weren't discounted, but I got them because they're already a good price. The strat guide was 30% off.

Gonna sell the new games and the guide (which is suprisingly valuable) to pay for the used PS3 games and maybe give me a few bucks extra :)

Sadly, this has been my best gaming score in months.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']And a damn good rapper. Hopefully his CD is going to be #1 this week. It will be a short lived #1 cuz Eminem's new CD is next week and it is so fucking good. It is my fave out of all of Eminem's CDs and that is saying a lot.[/QUOTE]

Sarcasm?

Both of them suck, Eminem hasn't been good since SSLP/MMLP and Drake has and never will be a good rapper.. his singing is even worse than his rapping though. He's like a less annoying version of Lil Wayne.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']Sarcasm?

Both of them suck, Eminem hasn't been good since SSLP/MMLP and Drake has and never will be a good rapper.. his singing is even worse than his rapping though. He's like a less annoying version of Lil Wayne.[/QUOTE]

Recovery is better than even Marshall Mathers LP is. From top to bottom minus maybe that song with Pink the CD is damn good.

Yeah Drake really sucks too :roll:. Anticipating between 400,000 - 425,000 first week sales according to most in the music industry. In this age of digital downloading and piracy that really is telling of a rapper that "sucks". Let me tell ya. I bet you think trash like Soulja Boy & Gucci Mane is good then huh?

Not to mention which two rappers have XXL, The Source, and the whole industry been buzzing about?

Oh yeah Drake & J. Cole. And both of them are phenomenal.

You are going to tell me sales = talent?

I actually would place Drake in the same category as Soulja Boy & Gucci Mane.

Soulja boy sold millions didnt he? So you're saying he's talented?

(I prefer artists like Canibus, Joe Budden, Slaughterhouse, Rhyme Asylum, Diabolic, Aesop Rock, etc.)

I'm not trying to hate on your favorite rappers, but I just feel Drake is extremely overrated. And I haven't heard the new Eminem CD, but if the two singles I've heard are any indication, the album is trash. You're saying it's better than MMLP, so I'll give it a full listen eventually, but I don't believe you yet, Em has disappointed me for about 10 straight years.

[quote name='lolwut?']fuck, I knew I forgot to include something. I also got this on Target clearance ($3.74 though :booty:)[/quote]

You got the Corpse shirt at Target?

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']You are going to tell me sales = talent?

I actually would place Drake in the same category as Soulja Boy & Gucci Mane.

Soulja boy sold millions didnt he? So you're saying he's talented?

(I prefer artists like Canibus, Joe Budden, Slaughterhouse, Rhyme Asylum, Diabolic, Aesop Rock, etc.)

I'm not trying to hate on your favorite rappers, but I just feel Drake is extremely overrated. And I haven't heard the new Eminem CD, but if the two singles I've heard are any indication, the album is trash. You're saying it's better than MMLP, so I'll give it a full listen eventually, but I don't believe you yet, Em has disappointed me for about 10 straight years.[/QUOTE]

Can-I-Bitch is so irrelevant it doesn't even matter. Budden... didnt he absolutely get trounced when he was trying to beef with shitty ass G-Unit? He got his ass handed to him (mostly by the game).

And no not just album sales dictate if someone is good or not. See Nickelback in that case. Drake has been buzzed about and lived up to every single ounce of hype he has been given. His flow is absolutely amazing.

Regardless anyone's opinion on who is talented or not is all relative ya know what I mean. I too was very disappointed in both Encore & Relapse especially. Trust me when I say that Em's new album is good. Very good.

I think Eminems new album fucking stinks. Sorry, but I dont want to hear Em rap about apologizing to other rappers and shit. I want to hear him go hard at other rappers and do what he does best, shit on everyone and everything. There's like two tracks on Recovery that are decent while the others are crap. I heard the first track and got excited, but pretty much everything after that was a let down.

Oh so you're an Eminem stan then?

The whole Can-I-Bitch shit?

won't bother then, enjoy your mainstream hip-pop.

Budden is a gem to any true hip-hop head, if you're gonna bring up beefs from years and years ago and still take a side then it tells you're just a stan.

The only thing I can say is as far as mainstream rap goes, Drake and Em are better than most the shit, but even still, don't try to argue hip-hop with people when all you listen to is the radio and mtv.

All those fucking rappers suck, ya'll need to step your game up and hollar at that boy Fire_Thief. For real though the 5 best rappers of all time are Dylan, Dylan, Dylan, Dylan, and Dylan.

is this a pickups thread or a whose rappers nuts are bigger thread? either way the answer is no, and Hannah Montana owns them all. it is crazy she looks just like that Miley Cyrus chick.. if i didnt know any better id think they were the same person.... weird.

[quote name='SLeeK719']For real though the 5 best rappers of all time are Dylan, Dylan, Dylan, Dylan, and Dylan.[/QUOTE]
:lol::lol::applause::applause::applause: I spit that hot fire!!

[quote name='SLeeK719']All those fucking rappers suck, ya'll need to step your game up and hollar at that boy Fire_Thief. For real though the 5 best rappers of all time are Dylan, Dylan, Dylan, Dylan, and Dylan.[/QUOTE]
I actually laughed out loud. Well done.

My pick ups :D

picture.php

360 Slim :D

picture.php

I know faceplates are now even more irrelevant but I still have 2 other Elite xbox 360's. Last Remnant was the last one I needed RPG wise (well minus a very very expensive Trusty Bell one). Brigandine was purchased from darkslime.

picture.php

Ordered boxes for my cart onlys. Only a few more boxes left till every GBA game I own is boxed. Hot Fuzz was $10 at amazon and Super Troopers was $10 at Wal-Mart.

picture.php

Saber Figure & Saber Gashapon! Love Fate/Stay Night.

picture.php

Happy I purchased this. Even more happy 3rd Birthday is coming. :D

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']
picture.php

Happy I purchased this. Even more happy 3rd Birthday is coming. :D[/QUOTE]

I love PE. Where did you get this and, if you don't mind me asking, how much?

[quote name='Survivalism']You got the Corpse shirt at Target?[/QUOTE]

No, SFA3. If I found a Corpse shirt at Target, it would confirm my long held belief that they are the best B&M retailer.

dscn1487b.jpg

dscn1500a.jpg

nice picks again Detta, let me know how the slim handles, i went to order one but just got a 250GB HDD for my old one and just have no ned to justify the purchase, but if its nice, may get a Xmas bundle for the kids with Kinect.

[quote name='Freemason']nice picks again Detta, let me know how the slim handles, i went to order one but just got a 250GB HDD for my old one and just have no ned to justify the purchase, but if its nice, may get a Xmas bundle for the kids with Kinect.[/QUOTE]

Dude the slim is fantastic. It is so damn quiet. Gonna be tough for me to deal with the noise of my other 2 elites. ;)

The only problem with it is with that gloss finish. It is a damn dust & fingerprint magnet. :bomb: And with my damn OCD... I will be cleaning that freaking thing all the time. ;)

I left it on for 2 hours to transfer my 1173 items, while I was watching game 7 of the NBA Finals and it didn't get any hotter than my Apple Laptop does. I like everything about the slim and am glad I am rid of my MW2 Elite.

nice, thats the first t hing i thought when i saw the gloss finish on it. having two little girls and a cat that thing would look like a muppet crime scene within a week at my place... but i do like the improvements... ill prolly either save up for that or i am seriously considering fabricating my own custom case outa the 5 old pc cases i have in the basement... hmmm winter project perhaps

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Dude the slim is fantastic. It is so damn quiet. Gonna be tough for me to deal with the noise of my other 2 elites. ;)

The only problem with it is with that gloss finish. It is a damn dust & fingerprint magnet. :bomb: And with my damn OCD... I will be cleaning that freaking thing all the time. ;)

I left it on for 2 hours to transfer my 1173 items, while I was watching game 7 of the NBA Finals and it didn't get any hotter than my Apple Laptop does. I like everything about the slim and am glad I am rid of my MW2 Elite.[/QUOTE]

Did the slims fix the RROD? I have 2 xbox 360s (one for backup incase of RROD, lol) so I could trade those for $200 and get a new slim for pratically nothing.

But if the damn thing fails like the other consoles, I don't think I'll even bother. I've already seen a video how it laser burned someone's disc so I wouldn't be surprised if they still RROD frequently.

[quote name='Porpoise King']Did the slims fix the RROD? I have 2 xbox 360s (one for backup incase of RROD, lol) so I could trade those for $200 and get a new slim for pratically nothing.

But if the damn thing fails like the other consoles, I don't think I'll even bother. I've already seen a video how it laser burned someone's disc so I wouldn't be surprised if they still RROD frequently.[/QUOTE]

No electronic device is free from failure. I saw the same video and the guy moved the system while the disk was loading. I think as long as you don't do that you'll be fine.

I'm trading in my 2 360s to get the slim.

[quote name='js1']I would love to upgrade, but I love my faceplates & I just got a 360 in sept. of last year.[/QUOTE]

I love my faceplates too, but I display most of the ones I own.
picture.php

...I also got my 360 at launch and would really like one with an HDMI port, so I guess my situation is very different than yours.

:psp: Undead Knights - $14.23 eBay ( been waiting for this one for a while, finally got it )

now... on to the B2G1FREE at GS for some PSP overload

[quote name='KillerRamen']No electronic device is free from failure. I saw the same video and the guy moved the system while the disk was loading. I think as long as you don't do that you'll be fine.

I'm trading in my 2 360s to get the slim.[/QUOTE]
You also have to take into consideration of other people doing it, too. I brought my 360 over to a friend's place and his little brother picked up the console to look at it. Before I could stop him, he had already lifted it and the 360 scratched my copy of Halo 3. :bomb:

[quote name='KillerRamen']No electronic device is free from failure. I saw the same video and the guy moved the system while the disk was loading. I think as long as you don't do that you'll be fine.

I'm trading in my 2 360s to get the slim.[/QUOTE]

Eh, unfortunately it seems to occur most often with Xbox 360's and I really don't consider it acceptable. My old 360, as well as others I know had problems where the 360 would randomly burn circular scratches on the discs while playing. If the slim didn't fix out these issues (and I would have to say that the 360 is the most flawed game system released and has the highest failure rate) then there's no point on upgrading just for the hell of it.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']My pick ups :D

picture.php

Ordered boxes for my cart onlys. Only a few more boxes left till every GBA game I own is boxed. [/QUOTE]

Wow, that's funny. i thought everyone kept their boxes for GBA games. Anyways, good luck in getting last couple of boxes you need.

picture.php

I failed at picking up a new Xbox 360 [my local GameStop sold out], but I did pick up the Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker Limited Edition, The Boredom of Haruihi Suzumiya and I got a neat shirt with my Triathlon packet.

Halo3 ODST-I finally got this game when I signed up for the Microsoft Imagine Cup ''Contest''
Drake Thank Me Later $10
Memorex 2GB mp3 player $15
photo0067lo.jpg

picked up a PSOne mini console, regular grey brick console, 3 controllers, 3 memory cards, a gameshark, and games:

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2
Gran Turismo 1 & 2
Driver
Triple Play Baseball
NHL 2001
World's Scariest Police Chases
Delta Force - Urban Warfare
IHRA Drag Racing

Nascar Thunder 2003
- $27 shipped eBay

and another 250gb HDD for my 360 - $78 shipped eBay

Really wanted to post everything we got today, cause it's been the best day in a long ass time, if not ever. It has elements of yard sales, pawn shops, craigslists, gamestop, and sears, so I had to consolidate and put them in this thread so it'd be more interesting as a narrative =P

Yard sale:
So we decided to go to 2 garage/yard sales. First one had a guy trying to sell an Xbox and a few games (Halo 2 and crap) for $60. They obviously hadn't sold it by 2:30pm, because they made a new post to sell everything they had for $500, and it had a picture of the Xbox still. However, GF did spot a PS1 game in the pile when we were there.
Tenchu complete, $1
dsc00283jq.jpg

We then went to the second sale, which was a benefit for Susan G. Komen. There was nothing there for us, really, so I went through the vinyls and found a Simon and Garfunkel...
...the Parsley, Sage, Rosemary, and Thyme record, with the song Scarborough Fair on it (Bayonetta's pistols are named those, which is really the only reason I picked it up. Paid $1.
dsc00292n.jpg

Afterwards, I wanted to stop by a Sears before GameStop opened (GF had made a list of which games we want are at which GameStop). We passed a Walmart, so I figured we should go in and look. We found 1 copy of Shawn White (I left multiple copies, bought one for GameStop promo) and Tornado Outbreak, $5 each. We also found a copy of Boy and his Blob for $4.97 at the Sears we were going to.
dsc00285l.jpg

One of the GameStops we visited had a pawn shop in the same plaza, so we stepped in. Found these on sale for $4 each, so I asked if $10 for the 3 was ok, and they said sure. Was kinda weird because we hadn't bought anything from pawn shops in Californias before, and they didn't give us receipts, or wanted our info, like what usually happened in Texas. It was weird, but we didn't dwell on it.
dsc00284k.jpg

Eventually ended up visiting about 5 Sears. Bought Guitar Hero Smash Hits from one, but it was already traded in. The rest are shown here:
dsc00288g.jpg
Clone Wars was $4.97, Viva Pinata was $1.97, Family Doctor was $0.47, Major League Baseball 2K9 was $2.97, Persona 3 FES was $7 (it wasn't in their inventory, so the manager said $7, but no returns), wet was $9.97, but I might return it and wait for a lower drop.

So at the first GameStop on our trip, we found just about nothing we wanted (out of about 10 items at that store) had cases, so we passed. So we went to a nearby one, and same thing. So I was looking at the old PS2 games, and saw some really nice condition ones. So I picked up...
Klonoa 2, R-Type Final, Star Wars Racer Revenge
that the GF and I had been looking for cheaply on N64 since we both used to play it and wanted to play each other
, Mushashi, Gundam, and Dragon Quarter, all complete, the 4 of the 6 in mint condition.
dsc00286v.jpg

After visiting several other GameStops and having no cases etc for most games higher up on my want list, I just went with some games that I wouldn't mind having that had good complete copies. So I also picked up
MadWorld, Lost in Blue, and Front Mission
(been trying to get Front Mission in lowballs and Goozex for almost a year, so I just broke down, and loved Bayonetta and Infinite Space, so I figured I had to buy MadWorld)
dsc00287ch.jpg

So finally, after being out all day and feeling pretty good about our finds for the day, and putting about 60 miles on the car and using a quarter tank of gas
(Woo, 2 gallons)
, we went home. After some relaxation, GF started putting together a list of yard sales tomorrow.
(She usually finds most of them, and I sort them by time and location to route it out after.
Doing so, for some reason unknown, she decided to check on the video game section of Craigslist. And luckily, a post was posted literally minutes before she checked, listing various games for $5 each. She, of course, immediately spots this one in the list:
dsc00289r.jpg

So I immediately emailed the seller, who responded promptly. She wanted to meet us before 8:30 or after 11:00. So we asked if we could go now. I didn't want her selling it to someone else on us, obviously. So while waiting for her to give me the address and phone number, I picked out 4 other games that I wanted to buy.
She wanted $5 each, or 6x for $20, which I misread as 5x for $20, so I only gave her 5 titles to buy from her. Part of me did it so she wouldn't look up the prices and realize what a massive deal she was giving us and change her mind last minute.
So we put on our shoes and ran out the door and drove down there.

So we got there, met up with her, and ended up getting these four also for $20 total.
Tales of Destiny II (no manual), Lunar 2 (think it might be complete, haven't checked), Vampire the Masquerade, Street Fighter Collection, and Bushido's Blade (no manual).
dsc00291ua.jpg

Put another 50 or so miles on the car and drove like a maniac, but it was totally worth it.

I put a reserve on a slim, the only reason I want one is that I'm getting ready to move to college and I want to make things as stress free as possible, and not having to worry about losing/breaking my wireless adapter will be nice, plus it's going to be a huge upgrade from a 60gb HDD.

My little sister gave me a Xbox 360 last night (it was given to her by someone else and she had it the box for over a year). She told me the person who gave it to her told her it was broken. I got it home and turned it on had it had 4 solid red lights, so it was just an AV problem. I turned the hybrid switch and hooked it up to my TV and it works perfectly.

I told my sister that I got it to work and she was pretty happy for me. :bouncy:

picture.php

I got the last Xbox 360 S at a local GameStop! They were being evil and wouldn't let both of my Xboxes at the same time, so I traded in one with my Wireless Adapter and some other useless stuff. (My Powerup Pro card worked too!) After all was said and done, I paid $140 out of pocket. I'll trade in the other one in after I transfer all my data.

[quote name='fire thief']I just got sick of them trolling me. But I've bought well over 50 games since posting in that topic. I hate them.
[/quote]

bread's done
Back