The Official Toys-R-Us Clearance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaysapathy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
Nobody home here. The trolls and the juvenile drama chased me away.

I thought CAG was a supportive community, but I was wrong, apparently.

You're free to let someone else man the thread now; I understand J7 has a lot of free time on his hands and has been trying to circumvent the thread from me for a few months.

I just don't have the patience for the children anymore.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KrayzieKMF']Isn't the birthday club supposedly for children only or is there one for adults?[/QUOTE]

It's meant for kids. I thought they cut it off at 14 or 16.

But it wouldn't surprise me if a CAG used a fake name/bday to get a coupon.

[quote name='confoosious']It's meant for kids. I thought they cut it off at 14 or 16.

But it wouldn't surprise me if a CAG used a fake name/bday to get a coupon.[/QUOTE]

Cuts off at like 10. But I've known co-workers to sign their pets up for the club.

Also, Lair needs to drop from 59.99 to something considerably more reasonable.

[quote name='confoosious']It's meant for kids. I thought they cut it off at 14 or 16.

But it wouldn't surprise me if a CAG used a fake name/bday to get a coupon.[/QUOTE]

When I used to work for TRU, we had "quotas" to fill for b-day club sign-ups. It got so ridiculous everybody started enrolling their pets. Once those ran out, we pulled out a phone book and started picking names at random, with made up addresses.

[quote name='sp00ge']When I used to work for TRU, we had "quotas" to fill for b-day club sign-ups. It got so ridiculous everybody started enrolling their pets. Once those ran out, we pulled out a phone book and started picking names at random, with made up addresses.[/QUOTE]

Thank god they've moved away from pushing Birthday Club signups. Although now the thing to push is the Rewards R Us card or whatever the fuck it's called. Then we have to send the store's signup % to the district office every hour now(up from just at halfway & close). Except our % will look like garbage when the only people who don't have the stupid card are the ones without email addresses, which are required to sign up, but we can't, and it counts against us.

I need to graduate soon, as 2.5 years of this is starting to drive me batty. Probably doesn't help it's spring phase move time.

Highlights from this weak week's clearance at my location...
030513 Rondo of Swords DS $5 (supposed to have 5 in stock but actually all MIA)
023799 Blokus PSP $5
109714 Pangya Fantasy Golf PSP $5
391804 Silent Hill Origins PSP $5
031718 GH Aerosmith Bundle XB360 $9.98
112475 Street Fighter Anniversary Coll. PS2 $5
All PS2 Fatal Fury, Art of Fighting, NeoGeo, and SNK collections $5 each
332261 Spyborgs Wii $5
By all means sign up all your fictional children to the BD Club, and spread out their 'birthdays' for best coupon coverage! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Starving Gamer']Highlights from this weak week's clearance at my location...

109714 Pangya Fantasy Golf PSP $5
112475 Street Fighter Anniversary Coll. PS2 $5
All PS2 Fatal Fury, Art of Fighting, NeoGeo, and SNK collections $5 each
[/QUOTE]

I'm going to keep a look out for those. :bouncy:

anybody ever seen 19.99 ps3 games drop in price?
theres a couple im looking to get and my local toys r us has alot of them

prince of persia
rock band
wwe legends of wrestling
lego batman

PS2:
MK Deception
Sly Cooper 1
Sly Cooper 3
some summer olympic type game
Sea Monsters
King of Fighter XI
Neo Geo Battle Colosseum? (forget exact name)
Looney Tunes Acme Arsenal

DS
Mushroom Men?
Pirates Carribbean World's End

Wii
Major Minor Majestic's March (or something like that)

All $5 each

:psp: Silent Hill Origins - $5
:ds: Mushroom Men: Rise of the Fungi - $5
:ds: Soul Bubbles - $5
:wii: Blast Works - $5
:ps2: Swashbucklers: Blue vs. Grey - $4.99

[quote name='n4styn4t3']That game sucks hard. Wait until you get to the flamethrower boss. Terrible.[/QUOTE]

I already finished it. Loved it. The soundtrack is fantastic

So I went to a store near where I am for business and I saw a Bioshock 2 Big Sister & Little Sister figure combo for $19.99 and from what I though these were either all sold during the games release or just bought up by hoarders. Either way it was the last one so I bought it but I'm considering returning it unless it really is rare. It's not the best figures I've seen but they're are not that bad. So if anyone knows, are these rare or is NECA still making this combo? Thanks.

[quote name='jester55']Dark sector 5.00[/QUOTE]

For PS3 or 360? If it's for PS3, I may have to bite at that price. I usually hate shooters, but that one seemed a bit unique(like Bioshock)and I was having fun with it when I had it.

Its funny there are good prices for some games here but at my TRU almost every game is $50-$70 even old games. I think the manager is stupid.

[quote name='ddak88']Its funny there are good prices for some games here but at my TRU almost every game is $50-$70 even old games. I think the manager is stupid.[/QUOTE]
You should scan the games mentioned here, they would probably ring up cheaper.

[quote name='ddak88']Its funny there are good prices for some games here but at my TRU almost every game is $50-$70 even old games. I think the manager is stupid.[/QUOTE]

The store has no control over prices, it depends on the corporate goons. The funny thing is I do think they completly forget about certain games and never drop in price, like $49.99 Marvel Ultimate Aliance 1 for Wii and $59.99 Folklore on PS3.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']For PS3 or 360? If it's for PS3, I may have to bite at that price. I usually hate shooters, but that one seemed a bit unique(like Bioshock)and I was having fun with it when I had it.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm for the 360.

hehe....nothing is good such you think
smile.gif

[quote name='Starving Gamer']109714 Pangya Fantasy Golf PSP $5[/QUOTE]Thank's for this, I picked one up yesterday.

They were sitting on the shelf with all the other standard price games, still marked at full price. I asked the cashier to scan it for me and it rang up for $5, I always love the look on the guys face when it happens.

[quote name='Seraph830']Thank's for this, I picked one up yesterday.

They were sitting on the shelf with all the other standard price games, still marked at full price. I asked the cashier to scan it for me and it rang up for $5, I always love the look on the guys face when it happens.[/QUOTE]

eInk could make a killing if they could develop little price tags that change when systems update. Anyone who's worked retail knows how much time is spent every week when new sheets of shelf stickers come in.

Picked up Dark Sector 360 for $5

saw Afro Samuri and Alone in the Dark for 360 at $9.98 each.

Hope they drop to $5 in a week or 2 cause my store has a ton of them!

Picked up a few titles tonight, all of which have been mentioned here already except (I think, maybe I missed it):

:ps2: Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy $5.00 (GH packaging, for those offended by such things)

Picked up:

de Blob - $5
Samba de Amigo - $5
Major Minors Majestic March - $5
SNK Classics - $5

top 3 are for Wii and last is for PS2

Here is stuff I found today, all $5

[IMG-C=144]12134[/IMG-C]
[IMG-C=144]12135[/IMG-C]
[IMG-C=144]12136[/IMG-C]
[IMG-C=144]12137[/IMG-C]
[IMG-C=144]12138[/IMG-C]

iconps3.gif
TNA Impact
iconpsp_r2.gif
EndWar
iconpsp_r2.gif
Blokus
iconwii.gif
Spyborgs
iconps2_r2.gif
Sly 3
iconps2_r2.gif
Art of Fighting
iconps2_r2.gif
Fatal Fury

[quote name='Vegan']eInk could make a killing if they could develop little price tags that change when systems update. Anyone who's worked retail knows how much time is spent every week when new sheets of shelf stickers come in.[/QUOTE]

That sounds like it would be a very interesting project.

One more to add to the list:

:ps2: Mortal Kombat: Deception (GH) $5.00

I was avoiding picking up any of the last-gen fighting games, but the chess and puzzle modes in this intrigued me enough that I couldn't pass it up.

Picked up few PS2 games for $5 each
King of Fighter XI
NeoGeo Battle Coliseum
Fatal Fury Battle Archives Vol 1
Fatal Fury Battle Archives Vol 2

Soul Bubbles (DS)
Panda (DS)
Mushroom Man (DS)

[quote name='manthepost']has anyone found mass effect thier ?[/QUOTE]

That is a tough one, it was clearanced out for $5 a long time ago and I don't know if they ever got restocked with the platinum hits version.

Found most of the games listed but also found 5-6 diff GBA titles for 3 each. Im going to assume if your TRU has any GBA games left, regardless of title, they will be $3

[quote name='xDerekRx']Found most of the games listed but also found 5-6 diff GBA titles for 3 each. Im going to assume if your TRU has any GBA games left, regardless of title, they will be $3[/QUOTE]

Still bummed that I never found Final Fantasy 6. It's the only one I don't have.

[quote name='manthepost']has anyone found mass effect thier ?[/QUOTE]
I checked the store near me yesterday and they didn't have it. I had a tru gift card and would have paid the platinum hits $20 price but I guess they decided not to stock it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back