The OTT of post punk revival.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Trakan']The Night Ranger songs in RB are insane. Makes some of the GnR songs look easy.[/QUOTE]

Target still won't drop this fucking game to 12 dollars. the second it does I will DL some new shit and we can get some RB playtime in.

And to my $$$$a brake, sorry to hear about the breakup. Hopefully you made her cry if she hurt you.

So who's already got their Secret Santa done? I'm close for mine, but keep seeing signs I may have to rethink their purchase, based on their list.

I just played what was easily the greatest game of MW2 in existence. Super blowed southern black guy + 3 witty, intelligent white people=fucking hilarity.

Also, switched to the Scar, and went like 37-12 with my first game using it. Can't believe I've been wasting time with the famas.

I can understand how people can like a particular aspect of a controller over another, but I don't know how anyone can crown one controller of this generation king. They all have horrible faults to go with things that come down to personal preference.

I know people who love offset analogs and I know people who hate them. I'm impartial.

While the 360 controller has very nice analog sticks (I think I perfer the fell of the concave vs the DS2/SA/DS3 convex), the face buttons and bumpers are garbage -- and we're not even bringing the abortion of a d-pad into it yet.

The sixaxis (can't speak to DS3) is too light and the L2/R2 buttons suck ass. I'm sure the ds3 adds some weight to the sixaxis, but they still haven't addressed the trigger issue. R2/L2 are just as terrible as the 360 d-pad/face buttons.

[quote name='DarthPuma']I just played what was easily the greatest game of MW2 in existence. Super blowed southern black guy + 3 witty, intelligent white people=fucking hilarity.

Also, switched to the Scar, and went like 37-12 with my first game using it. Can't believe I've been wasting time with the famas.[/QUOTE]

You're actually playing now? Last I checked you hadn't been on in ages.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']You're actually playing now? Last I checked you hadn't been on in ages.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I didn't play much these past few days between the girlfriend and WoW. I'll be on tomorrow after work (9:30 ish) if you want to get some matches in.
___
My headphones are pretty well completely broken, so I'm bumming hard. Thank god I'm getting a decent check this week.

thank freakin jeebus. took my laptop apart to clean out the dog fur. put it back together and the screen wouldn't come on. :bomb: after 2 hours of disassembling and reassembling it, we couldn't figure out why. the drives were running, you could hear the computer going through the normal boot-up, but the screen was still blank. finally though to try discharging the static electricity and the shit worked fine.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I can understand how people can like a particular aspect of a controller over another, but I don't know how anyone can crown one controller of this generation king. They all have horrible faults to go with things that come down to personal preference.

I know people who love offset analogs and I know people who hate them. I'm impartial.

While the 360 controller has very nice analog sticks (I think I perfer the fell of the concave vs the DS2/SA/DS3 convex), the face buttons and bumpers are garbage -- and we're not even bringing the abortion of a d-pad into it yet.

The sixaxis (can't speak to DS3) is too light and the L2/R2 buttons suck ass. I'm sure the ds3 adds some weight to the sixaxis, but they still haven't addressed the trigger issue. R2/L2 are just as terrible as the 360 d-pad/face buttons.[/QUOTE]

What's wrong with the 360 bumpers/face buttons? Never had a problem with them. The D-Pad sucks, but I've only had problems with it with fighters.

And occasionally in Gears, trying to switch to one weapon and getting another.

EDIT:

Oh yeah, Mojimbo, I ran into it once tonight. I could hear a bunch of grenades going off before I even picked a class, so I just quit. That jackass in the PS3 thread was wrong, it does count as a loss.

[quote name='Trakan']What's wrong with the 360 bumpers/face buttons? Never had a problem with them. The D-Pad sucks, but I've only had problems with it with fighters.

[/QUOTE]

The left and right bumpers are too small and don't feel right. While the lt/rt are works of art, the lb/rb are atrocities against mankind. Adjusting to DMC4 on the 360 was a fucking nightmare.

The same goes for the face buttons on the account of not feeling right. The dual shock buttons are soft but firm and have a nice tactile feel. The hard plastic, almost m&m candy shell like face buttons of the 360 controller, for me, don't work well for fighting games or action games either. I have no doubt I would have enjoyed DMC4 or NG2 better with a DS3. 360 controller works great for FPS. For fighting and action games, not so much. At least not for me. I'm sure I'd feel the same about Bayonetta as well, when that's released.

[quote name='Trakan']What's wrong with the 360 bumpers/face buttons? Never had a problem with them. The D-Pad sucks, but I've only had problems with it with fighters.

EDIT:

Oh yeah, Mojimbo, I ran into it once tonight. I could hear a bunch of grenades going off before I even picked a class, so I just quit. That jackass in the PS3 thread was wrong, it does count as a loss.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, bailing on a match counts as a loss and you forfeit your match bonus.

I for one greatly prefer the sixaxis. I am a bit bothered by the weight , but if the DS3 really fixes that I'll have to pick one up. The 360 controller just doesn't feel as good in my hands as the sixaxis does.

360 controllers can take far greater of a beating than sixaxis' though. I've thoroughly abused the shit out of both (rage issues), and my 360 controllers are just fine, but my sixaxis's are falling apart.

[quote name='DarthPuma']I for one greatly prefer the sixaxis. I am a bit bothered by the weight , but if the DS3 really fixes that I'll have to pick one up. The 360 controller just doesn't feel as good in my hands as the sixaxis does.

360 controllers can take far greater of a beating than sixaxis' though. I've thoroughly abused the shit out of both (rage issues), and my 360 controllers are just fine, but my sixaxis's are falling apart.[/QUOTE]

I'll admit, I've hucked a 360 controller before. It holds up well. I'm afraid tossing the PS3 controlers I have would result in an explosion of plastic.

I'd like a DS3 solely for weight issues, but as I have working sixaxis controllers and have no desire for rumble, it's not worth the price of admission. (I don't think I've ever seen a DS3 for less than $30...)

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']I've grown fonder of the 360 pad after having to hold one for 8+ hours a day for over 5 months, but I still hate typing with one.[/QUOTE]

There is no question in my mind that typing on a PS3 with a controller is much easier than typing on a 360 using with a controller. This is probably due more to the speed of the cursor and the interface to the keyboard than anything else.

If only they made the console as good as the controllers!

jdawgy.jpg

Yea, 360 is definitely slow as hell for typing. One thing I found that I feel stupid for not knowing earlier was that I could set it to QWERTY. I still wonder why they didn't have that as default, as it's so much faster.

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']sleeping with milfs, y'al[/QUOTE]
Yum!

Milfs are the best, especially when they drive mini vans.

The Toy Story DVDs are going for a crazy amount on Amazon. I'm going to put mine up in a few.

[quote name='munch']Milfs are the best, especially when they drive mini vans.

The Toy Story DVDs are going for a crazy amount on Amazon. I'm going to put mine up in a few.[/QUOTE]
Really? Selling our two-pack is tempting then.

[quote name='seanr1221']I wish I didn't have work today so I could play Assassin's Creed 2 nonstop.[/QUOTE]

Hey, what happened to all those other games? ;)

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Sell it, then pick up the blus cheap in march.[/QUOTE]
I think I am going to. Even if there are no :br: coupons, I should be able to get them for that price.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I still think Arkham Asylum is my GotY.[/QUOTE]

It's in my top 3.

1. Uncharted 2
2. CoD:MW2
3. Batmang

[quote name='JolietJake']I never finished Force Unleashed, got bored with it.

Did anyone else like SR2 more than GTA4?[/QUOTE]

Yes and no.

I loved GTA4s story and characters, but SR2 beat it in overall fun factor. My friend and I played the whole game co-op and it was great.

[quote name='seanr1221']Yes and no.

I loved GTA4s story and characters, but SR2 beat it in overall fun factor. My friend and I played the whole game co-op and it was great.[/QUOTE]

At first, SR2 felt like San Andreas... and it was a bit refreshing... but then it just ended up channeling SR and ended up feeling like SR1.5... i found it to be a huge disappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back