The OTT of post punk revival.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='DarlingNina']It's a her, but she talked about us "working something out" during the summer just because I wanted to leave my stuff there. It'll hardly be anything anyways. I just got annoyed because I'm not paying full rent or utilities for two months that I won't be there. I'll just stick my stuff in storage for two months, or I'm sure I could find friends who won't mind me leaving my things at their places (it's very little).[/QUOTE]

Oh YOU'RE the one whose leaving...then yeah, that's your issue to figure out. Yeah, if she tries to make you pay full rent for 2 months, tell her to GTFO.

Even if the town IS small, there's always people looking to sublet for summer courses. Try posting and searching on craigslist to find potential suitors.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Oh YOU'RE the one whose leaving...then yeah, that's your issue to figure out. Yeah, if she tries to make you pay full rent for 2 months, tell her to GTFO.

Even if the town IS small, there's always people looking to sublet for summer courses. Try posting and searching on craigslist to find potential suitors.[/QUOTE]

There would be no need to sublet, since my "lease" is up at the end of May. I'd just have to figure something to do with my stuff for June and July while I'm gone. I'm just annoyed that she was bringing up the fact that we'd need to work something out because our student loans for grad school won't last January to August when we get our check for Fall 2010. It's not supposed to last you that long. It's only supposed to last you January to May. Where your money comes from during the summer is your business. I just know I'm not down with paying full rent and utilities during the summer. It'll just be cheaper for me to just get storage. She puts me off on other stuff too, so I'll probably just end up moving out anyways and live alone. Having roommates suck.

Oh also, the undergrads are required to live in the dorms the whole 4 years (or however long) they are there, and there's no summer courses for grad students. If you fail a class, you repeat the year.

I guess I just feel if that's my house, I wouldn't be charging someone just to leave their stuff there for two months. Maybe I'm just nicer than most people, and I would have planned on what to do about my income for the summer for the possibility that my roommate might not be there ahead of time.

[quote name='tiredfornow']My parental unit is suicidal and addicted to some heavy stuff. :/[/QUOTE]

Stinks, man. Belated good luck on those finals.

[quote name='DarlingNina']I thought he was always single?[/QUOTE]

it was gonna be his first xmas with his gf and he was freaked out about what to get her. guess he doesnt have to worry about that, now.

[quote name='Chika']it was gonna be his first xmas with his gf and he was freaked out about what to get her. guess he doesnt have to worry about that, now.[/QUOTE]

:cry: Awww. That's sad. Hope everything is okay, Brak!

I'm playing Frosty in the first round of playoffs. I'm losing by just under 40 points. i've got 4 players left, he's got none. wish me luck.

[quote name='Rocko']Who left the door open?[/QUOTE]

musta been darth puma. damn kid thinks we live in a barn or something.

Well I studied some for my calc final a little earlier but ended up going to lunch @ Mexican with a friend. He talked me into drinking a margarita and I bought us a shot of tequila. Now I'm buzzed and have to go take that final. :lol:

I started it, Temp. I'm getting some shit done now and typing up some info for a letter of recommendation so I can have the rest of the night for either that or MW2, if you want to play.

[quote name='Eviltude']Well I studied some for my calc final a little earlier but ended up going to lunch @ Mexican with a friend. He talked me into drinking a margarita and I bought us a shot of tequila. Now I'm buzzed and have to go take that final. :lol:[/QUOTE]

A small buzz isn't a bad thing, necessarily... I took a pint of guinness to a final once... best thing about that fucking test. ;) In general, if I showed up buzzed, I was more relaxed, and everything just kinda ... flowed.

Well, trying to format this external hard drive to back up my PS3 but it is taking ages. Hopefully I can pull a couple tricks and get this shit to work so I don't have to worry about talking to Sony.

I didn't realize this was a common problem.

If it comes down to it which is the better PS3 Slim, the 120 or 250 GB.

[quote name='flowery']Well, trying to format this external hard drive to back up my PS3 but it is taking ages. Hopefully I can pull a couple tricks and get this shit to work so I don't have to worry about talking to Sony.

If it comes down to it which is the better PS3 Slim, the 120 or 250 GB.[/QUOTE]

If you don't care about BC, get a slim. Probably smaller/quieter/ and less likely to fail -- unless you can find a super deal on an older model. 120 vs 250 on the slim is a simple matter of hard drive space and bundle packaging.

[quote name='flowery']Well, trying to format this external hard drive to back up my PS3 but it is taking ages. Hopefully I can pull a couple tricks and get this shit to work so I don't have to worry about talking to Sony.

If it comes down to it which is the better PS3 Slim, the 120 or 250 GB.[/QUOTE]

One of those is 130 jee bees better than the other.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']If you don't care about BC, get a slim. Probably smaller/quieter/ and less likely to fail -- unless you can find a super deal on an older model. 120 vs 250 on the slim is a simple matter of hard drive space and bundle packaging.[/QUOTE]

Oh ok. I wasn't sure there were differences like there were with the previous generations.

[quote name='flowery']Oh ok. I wasn't sure there were differences like there were with the previous generations.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure they're all the same -- starting with the models (40/80) that dropped any BC, I think they've all been the same.

flowery, if you get a new system before getting rid of the old one, the new firmware lets you transfer your stuff over directly with a LAN cable.

I noticed that. My plan is, if Sony says it needs to be sent for repair, to just buy a new one and later down the road send the old one in for repair and then have 2 systems.

[quote name='darthbudge']I gotta figure out what I am gonna make myself for dinner... nothing really seems appealing.[/QUOTE]

sounds like ramen to me!

[quote name='Chika']sounds like ramen to me![/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's always a good standby. :lol:

I am actually making myself some spaghetti, it is good because it will also leave me some leftovers that I can eat later.

[quote name='darthbudge']Yeah, that's always a good standby. :lol:

I am actually making myself some spaghetti, it is good because it will also leave me some leftovers that I can eat later.[/QUOTE]

ramen with ketchup?

So the worst part of AC1, IMO, was towards the end of the game when the guards were on to you instantaneously.

Looks like that's the entirety of AC2. :|

[quote name='flowery']fuck No. Sorry, no offense.[/QUOTE]:lol:

How come? I have a buddy that won't buy one cause of the hardware failures, but that dude just needs to suck it up and stop living in the past.

[quote name='Rocko']So the worst part of AC1, IMO, was towards the end of the game when the guards were on to you instantaneously.

Looks like that's the entirety of AC2. :|[/QUOTE]

Do you have a high notoriety?

[quote name='tiredfornow']:lol:

How come? I have a buddy that won't buy one cause of the hardware failures, but that dude just needs to suck it up and stop living in the past.[/QUOTE]

Nothing completely against it, it's just personal. I am just partial to Playstation and both of my friends have them, plus the Blu player and such. It's not a very logical reason but that is my consumer mindset.

Now my external hard drive finally formated and when I go to back up my PS3 it says, "Connect storage media at the save destination." Anyone know what the fuck that means.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I am keeping my fingers crossed for $10 coupons.[/QUOTE]

That'd be about the only way I'd buy it. :)

[quote name='Rocko']Anyone who regularly plays video games and owns a PS3 over a 360 blows my mind.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

[quote name='Rocko']Anyone who regularly plays video games and owns a PS3 over a 360 blows my mind.[/QUOTE]
huh?

360 has had nothing for quite a while

ps3 has had a number of good exclusives this year

i'm no ps3 fanboy (pc of course!), but i can easily see why someone would prefer a ps3 to a 360, at least for this year, especially if they already have a decent PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back