The OTT's Leaving Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've only been in school for a week and you're hurting for clean clothes? Did you not wash them before you left? :lol:

No, I washed everything before I left. But I have been here for like 8 days now.

I have already worn all of my favorite clothes. I have stuff to wear, just like crappy freebie shirts and stuff though.

You better get the most mileage you can outta those briefs, budge.

Where does Target get off selling the Rickenbacker RB guitar for $100? Kind of ridiculous when for that price, it's usually at least a guitar/game bundle.

[quote name='linkinprime']these are pretty cool, i now know what i'm going to rush out and impulsively buy for myself today:

[/quote]

:cool:

[quote name='munch']So, here's my problem: I need to watch some of these games on espn360, but time warner won't let me--apparently they're not affiliated. How can I get around this?[/QUOTE]
You'll have to steal someone's ATT connection or go to a university and use their line.

It's wonderful to get back into COD4 again.

If only I can figure out how to output sound properly when I connect my notebook through HDMI to my TV so I don't have to listen to these shows through computer speakers.

[quote name='munch']I really like how TB:RB tells you what you have to do to get the achievements.[/QUOTE]

Yep. The presentation in the game is fantastic.

I can't wait to play Ultimate Alliance 2. :bouncy:

~

Budge, how come you always join me in Team Fortress 2, play for three minutes, and just leave? :lol:

[quote name='Brak']
Budge, how come you always join me in Team Fortress 2, play for three minutes, and just leave? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Usually because of lag.

However this time, it was because I remembered that I am not that crazy about Gold Rush, and the teams were horribly imbalanced.

I love Gold Rush, but the team I was on absolutely reeked like shit.

If you didn't idle, budge, you should have the halo hat.

I found a hat the day they introduced hats, but haven't found one since.

... well... I did find the Bonk Helm, by idling, but that got deebo'd back before I could ever adorn it.

The idea of there being a repository of pug photos is kinda of funny. That someone would be so obsessed or have that kind of time.

[quote name='flowery']It's wonderful to get back into COD4 again.

If only I can figure out how to output sound properly when I connect my notebook through HDMI to my TV so I don't have to listen to these shows through computer speakers.[/QUOTE]In Vista
Control Panel > hardware and sound > sound > then set HDMI as the default.

When you are done remember to set it back to speakers/headphones so you can get sound from your laptop again.

Did you get wasted because of your temporary ban from Xbox LIVE?

Inglorious Basterds was pretty good. A lot of the deaths i saw coming a mile away though. Pitt's accent kind of got on my nerves sometimes though.

Nope. Had a drinkfest with my co-workers. I just happened to find out about my ban when I checked my email.

Maybe I'll get back to playing some Little People, Big World.

OK, so I remember every so often you guys talk about this certain router (who's name escapes me). I'm in the market for a new one, as I think mine is the reason I can't download console updates or do any P2P traffic. I need a new one that can support a console being online, streaming HD videos, and heavy MMO play, sometimes all at the same time. Any suggestions?

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']OK, so I remember every so often you guys talk about this certain router (who's name escapes me). I'm in the market for a new one, as I think mine is the reason I can't download console updates or do any P2P traffic. I need a new one that can support a console being online, streaming HD videos, and heavy MMO play, sometimes all at the same time. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

The Linksys WRT54G? Is that what you're thinking of?

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']OK, so I remember every so often you guys talk about this certain router (who's name escapes me). I'm in the market for a new one, as I think mine is the reason I can't download console updates or do any P2P traffic. I need a new one that can support a console being online, streaming HD videos, and heavy MMO play, sometimes all at the same time. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

i'm not the expert on this, but frosty just picked up a linksys that was ddwrt friendly.

budge- what you *really* gotta do is make friends with a commuter that lives really close and go to their house to do laundry.

Generally speaking, I think lots of people recommend the linksys. the WRT54G is a great router, if you don't end up with a gimped version (later versions of the WRT54G have less onboard RAM and flash which generally make them only open to the micro version of ddwrt and even then, you need to do some heavy configuration changes to free up ram for heavy connection periods. :|). People say great things about Buffalo routers, but the WHR-G300N I just got died on me within 24 hours.

The real catch is generally finding something that will run dd-wrt/openwrt/tomato well, as stock firmware is generally a gimping agent on most hardware. ddwrt.com has a great hardware database for you to check on a router's compatibility level. use it and use it well.

Edit:
The later models of WRT54G being gimped is what made me buy the Buffalo router that ended up being shit. I've been having huge fucking problems with my home network, as something is generally smashing the wireless signal, interference-wise, where the laptops and consoles are. A bunch of other factors contributed as well with the main culprit being the actual modem seeming having a short. (I paid the electricians to run professional cable drops while the walls were open for renovating, so every drop is now a home run. Formerly the consoles were tied into a switch which connected to an AP which wirelessly to the WRT54G in the office... now, they're gone, and the router is back down here with a split to combat the interference problem...)

Anyhow, I'm still looking for a new (cheap) router that can run dd-wrt well and will handle my needs. dd-wrt seems to be a fan of routers that use the broadcom chipset, fyi.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back