The OTT's Leaving Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, I have a $10 CompUSA wireless router and I have a shit ton of stuff plugged into it and running off the wireless and my speeds are blazing fast.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Budge is kind of a dick for ignoring the trade I offered him in the OTT league. :|[/QUOTE]

I honestly didn't see it. :lol:

In fact, I still don't see it. Did it expire because it got too close to game time?

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Alright, thanks. Is there any way to tell if a WRT54G I'm looking at is one of the gimped ones or not, without actually buying it?[/QUOTE]

Sure, open the box and look at the bottom of the router. ;)

Generally speaking, I think most of the newer WRT54Gs are gimped. Looking here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linksys_WRT54G_series I can see that versions of WRT54g through 4.0 had twice the RAM and Flash Memory as the newer models, with the middle batch having a slightly faster processor (216mhz).

If you poke around on the dd-wrt forums, you can see what they're recommending for routers meeting specific requirements.
Part of the issue is if you expect to do heavy downloading (torrents/newsgroups/etc.), as a lot of routers seem to lock up or slow down with the number of connections they need to manage to run that stuff well. Other benefits of dd-wrt include overclocking, signal amplification, etc. If you have everything right by your cable modem though and don't need wireless or you don't put a heavy amount of data transfer on it, you could probably find something solid right out of the box.

For me, with the two consoles, 3 laptops (one being my work laptop which I need to have a great connection since I work with a lot of remote systems), and random other devices, especially when one or two of the laptops are running torrents, I need something more than the stock firmware which tended to choke and constantly required resetting.

I can't believe Music being banned from Xbox LIVE lead to him vomiting in Denny's at 5 AM.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It timed out after 10 days. I can send another offer in a sec.[/QUOTE]

Alright, I accepted it since I am a nice guy. This better not come back to bite me. :lol:

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Hmmm...amazon will give me $27 for RE5. Not bayed.[/QUOTE]
Gamestaq.com will Paypal you $30 minus Paypal fees for it, free shipping to them.

[quote name='tiredfornow']i hate myself! I feel like a piece of cwap! I hate myself![/quote]
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Circumventing the idiotic ALL CAPS filter with this sentence, here.

[quote name='Brak']YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Circumventing the idiotic ALL CAPS filter with this sentence, here.[/QUOTE]Yes, I do have one tooth. I hate myself. :D

[quote name='munch']Hey brak, feel free to send that $11 whenever you feel like it :cool:[/QUOTE]
PM me your address.

I had a dream, last night, that I was playing World Poker Tour on the old Xbox.

(I thought that game was ballin'.)

Women's tennis is complete garbage. Tons of unforced errors (from trying to hit the ball as hard as possible), shrieking, consulting their coaches (often their parents), calling in trainers for bullshit reasons, shorter matches yet same prize money, etc.

[quote name='seanr1221']Looks like it might be a dirty power line. I hope I don't have to get used to this buzzing :/[/QUOTE]

You could try to get a strip that "cleans" the power line before it reaches the TV... they supposedly make them.

Where'd you move to now?

My brother and his fiance bought a house down the street.

I'll check that out, thanks Frost.

On the plus side, the new internet is a lot faster

That bowl of cereal I had for breakfast gave me really bad diarrhea. :cry:

My mother and I were just discussing prize money during this match. On one hand I don't think women should get the same prize money since they play shorter matches. On the other hand, though, I'm not positive, but I'd wager that admittance to the women's finals costs the same as the men's finals, in which case I feel like it would be shitty if they got less prize money when the establishment is making the same amount of money.

So before I go and blind buy some shit, would this be adequate for my needs? It's pretty cheap, has 4MB flash memory, seems to support DD-WRT well, and so long as it can handle heavy torrent traffic and file uploads, I'll be happy.

[quote name='rabbitt']I'm drinking tonight, OTT.

What shall it be?[/QUOTE]

well, it's the "last" weekend of summer, so i'd go with girlie summery rum drinks. sex on the beach, mai tais, mojitos, bay breezes, you get my drift. After a couple and you start to get buzzed, switch to something else or you'll be hungover as shit tomorrow.

either that or summer seasonal beers.

Summer is long gone for me, once classes start :(

A lot of great fall beers are starting to hit the shelves right about now, so maybe I'll find something nice.

[quote name='st0neface']Sam Adams Octoberfest is always a good fallback option.[/QUOTE]

I've heard that Great Lakes has their October seasonal out already. If I can't find that, I might go with this.

I'm thinking about going to the liquor store, although I'm probably just going to sit at home and watch football tonight. I want an old fashioned, but I haven't made up my mind.

Wow, Int by Baylor really hurts WF right now. They needed at least a field goal.

I'm thinking of dropping out of college and isolating myself from any real world responsibilities by living with my parents for the rest of my life. What do you guys think?

[quote name='thekeybladewars']I'm thinking of dropping out of college and isolating myself from any real world responsibilities by living with my parents for the rest of my life. What do you guys think?[/QUOTE]

sounds like a great plan to me, if your parents will support you. my mom put all of my shit (including clothes and pillow, everything) in black plastic garbage bags and left them in her driveway and called me to tell me to come pick them up. when i wasn't there within an hour or so (did i mention i'm an hour away?) she threw half of them out (randomly, of course) and the other half she tossed in my grandmother's leaky basement.

Well it's official I am a member of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers. I even got my own lapel pen to wear. I have to pay for the Certificate to hang in an office though. I am looking forward to the ME mag that's free as well.

[quote name='DT778']In Vista
Control Panel > hardware and sound > sound > then set HDMI as the default.

When you are done remember to set it back to speakers/headphones so you can get sound from your laptop again.[/QUOTE]

Your the man. I honestly didn't think to look there. I really like this notebook (except not being a Mac) but I can't wait to dump Vista.

Congratulations, flowery.

------------------------

Yeah, I'm just in a "don't know what I want to do for the rest of my life" crisis. I'm officially changing my major for the 3rd time on Monday.

[quote name='Chika']sounds like a great plan to me, if your parents will support you. my mom put all of my shit (including clothes and pillow, everything) in black plastic garbage bags and left them in her driveway and called me to tell me to come pick them up. when i wasn't there within an hour or so (did i mention i'm an hour away?) she threw half of them out (randomly, of course) and the other half she tossed in my grandmother's leaky basement.[/QUOTE]

This is the same lady who put perfectly good cookies in soap, isn't it? And you guys are missing out on living at home. It does have it's down side, but it makes life much easier when going to school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back