The Seventh Annual CAG March Madness Contest - Brackets Are Sufficiently Broken!

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']After day one, we've got one bracket at 15 of 16 points and six more at 14 of 16 points that are in the early lead.[/QUOTE]Holy crap, that 15 of 16 is me! :shock: That's by far the best start I've ever had one of my brackets get off to. Of course, the one I missed (Louisville) I had going to the Elite 8. That sounds more like a typical Day One result for me.

I'm using the exact same bracket in a pool at work. I wish I had checked scores last night before I went in. I would have been all cocky about it while I could before it all comes crashing back down to earth today. :cool:

What in the name of God made me put St John's in the Final Four? :whistle2:( I just hate to see my Elite 8 filled with all 1s and 2s, I guess.

12 of 18 so far today I picked Tenn due to hatred of that team that I will not name. However, I had them losing in the second round to Duke anyway.

[quote name='WeaponX2099']Nova/ G. mason was an amazing game.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it was and it seems like this Memphis/AZ game is going to be a nail biter as well!

:lol:, well, despite a near perfect day (I missed Nova vs George Mason I guess) for me so far, I'm still 105th out of 141...
Yesterday was just so horrible. All the upsets I picked didn't happen and there were upsets all over where I didn't pick them. I went for the upsets on 12 Clemson over 5 WVU, 12 Utah State over 5 KSU, 10 Penn State over 7 Temple, and 11 Missouri over 6 Cinncinnati and NOT A SINGLE one came through. Yet 12 Richmond beats 5 Vanderbilt, 13 Morehead beats 4 Louisville, and 11 Gonzaga beats 6 St. Johns #-o. It's like I picked the complete opposite of what happened - that would be hard to do on purpose! I should have gone with Richmond as I remember them being a bracket buster when I picked one of my first NCAA tourneys in the 80's. That nostalgia would have served me well - but NO, I had to use logic and reason...

Anyway, I'm somewhat at risk later today for Georgia over Washington, FSU over Texas A&M, and Marquette over Xavier. Man, I didn't realize how many upsets I had picked. That's what happens when you fill out your bracket in 5 minutes at 5am the day before the tourney starts I guess.

I didn't like picking SEC Georgia over a fellow Pac-10 team Washington but I've been burned by Washington (and Arizona) so many times in the past I just couldn't go with them. Now watch them go to the Final Four - just like the year Arizona won it all and I had them losing early like they always did before :roll:.

Same with my bracket,had to many upset picks the first day.If you didn't have any of those teams going deep it wont hurt you.You could catch up if you do better in the later rounds.

[quote name='themaster20000']Same with my bracket,had to many upset picks the first day.If you didn't have any of those teams going deep it wont hurt you.You could catch up if you do better in the later rounds.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, actually, only 2 of those teams that lost for me yesterday I even had in the Sweet Sixteen and neither of those did I have going any further. So far my entire Elite 8 is still intact. These early rounds won't matter too much if that holds.

Despite being 23 of 32, only two games for the second round are ruined for me as I had Louisville and Xavier getting to and losing in the next round. Everything else is just fine.

The top brackets after the first round:

t-1. DomLando - 28/32
t-1. Danimal - 28/32
t-3. hostyl1 - 27/32
t-3. eviltude - 27/32
t-5. thetshell - 26/32
t-5. bak2213 - 26/32
t-5. Space Cowboy TGI - 26/32
t-5. RenoTurk11 - 26/32
t-5. unclenebber - 26/32
t-5. _Ph03n1x_ - 26/32
t-5. Tsel - 26/32
t-5. WeaponX2099 - 26/32
t-5. frogsnouts - 26/32
t-5. Tubaker - 26/32

Back in it thanks to VCU, Washington and a couple other games today.

Nice after the disastrous first day I had.

Wish I just copied President Obama's bracket. 29-3 and in the top 100 percentile, doesn't get better than that.

I'm not doing that bad so far, but I have a feeling things are gonna be all downhill from here. Having Louisville and Georgetown make it to the Regional Semis is gonna hurt me a bit.

So if your going to donate it has to be fully in mint codition? Have a copy of Dead Space 2. Few knicks because the disk fell from my hand and the carpet grazed it. Works fine though. Have a few other backlog games too that are opened but perfectly presentable and are pretty good.(FO New Vegas, Two Worlds II, AC Brotherhood, etc.)

I had St John's coming out of that region, so I'm really glad Pitt lost, even though I had them in the Elite 8. Hopefully Wisconsin will win, so no one will get those points :)

Well I got off to a very nice start this year, but I'm no threat to win this thing. I've already lost 3 of my Elite 8 teams, and one of my Final Four (Georgetown for the Final Four? What the hell was I thinking?)

i think someone paid that pitt player to lose the game. Why the hell would you grab someones arm with 1 second to play. that basket would never of made it.

[quote name='slidecage']i think someone paid that pitt player to lose the game. Why the hell would you grab someones arm with 1 second to play. that basket would never of made it.[/QUOTE]

I feel horrible for the player that made that mistake. He had a mental slip-up at the worst time possible.

[quote name='Cow_tipper']I feel horrible for the player that made that mistake. He had a mental slip-up at the worst time possible.[/QUOTE]

i dont see why they even went for the rebound... dude didnt even have enough time to get a shot off that would of even got close to the basket

[quote name='slidecage']i dont see why they even went for the rebound... dude didnt even have enough time to get a shot off that would of even got close to the basket[/QUOTE]

If you are talking about Butler, it made total sense. If Pitt gets the ball back in that spot, it should have been a fairly easy layup. That's why Butler went for the rebound, they didn't want to give Pitt an easy shot to win.

[quote name='craven_fiend']If you are talking about Butler, it made total sense. If Pitt gets the ball back in that spot, it should have been a fairly easy layup. That's why Butler went for the rebound, they didn't want to give Pitt an easy shot to win.[/QUOTE]

no i mean Pitt...they had a 1 pt lead and it was a million to one shot for butler toss it down court for a 3

pitt should of never went for the rebound

lets play with the generator :)

if in the final 4

I can Still win this if the final is DUKE VS KANSAS and KANSAS wins :) never happen and florida makes it to the top 8

final 4 has to be ohio duke kansas and floirda

[quote name='slidecage']

final 4 has to be ohio duke kansas and floirda[/QUOTE]

I think that is very likely. However, I'm hoping Texas upsets Duke but, with Irving back it's not looking likely. :(

Hey I'm currently tied for 3rd (with a zillion other people). I don't have very many unique picks left though, so I'm not likely to win. I'll play with the scenario generator once all today's games are done.

Well after going 5-1, I lost the last 2 (as I'm sure 98% of you guys did too). I finished with 8 Sweet 16 teams. As of now I still have 6 Elite 8 teams and my final four is intact. Using the Senario generator, as long as my Final Four makes it and Kansas beats Duke for the championship, I win :devil:

This weekend my bracket audibly screamed and burst into flames. I had Purdue, Texas, and Pitt in the final four, and Texas and Pitt in the final, and Pitt winning.

My bracket didn't get busted. It got prison raped.

I have my final two with Ohio State beating Kansas. However, several people have the same match-up so I'm SOL. The only thing I have left to root for is Ohio State winning the next four games. GO BUCKS!

[quote name='evildeadjedi']I have my final two with Ohio State beating Kansas. However, several people have the same match-up so I'm SOL. The only thing I have left to root for is Ohio State winning the next four games. GO BUCKS![/QUOTE]

I'm guessing my UK/BYU is a very unique matchup. I'll root for UK until the bitter end, whether it's against OSU or the game after, or the game after, or even further!

[quote name='Tybee']This weekend my bracket audibly screamed and burst into flames. I had Purdue, Texas, and Pitt in the final four, and Texas and Pitt in the final, and Pitt winning.

My bracket didn't get busted. It got prison raped.[/QUOTE]

Alright - I was about to come on here and complain about mine but it isn't nearly this bad ;).

I didn't pay any attention to the games this weekend - barely watched any of it (kids started Spring Break - too busy with them!). But I just checked the damage...

After going into the weekend with all but 2 of my Sweet Sixteen intact and all of my Elite 8 still around, I came out of it with only 9 of my Sweet 16, and 5 of my Elite 8. Plus I had fucking Purdue in the Final Four #-o. They were my "sleeper" pick to differentiate myself from having all number 1 seeds in there. At least I did have Florida beating Pitt (for my other non-#1 in the F4) to get into the Final Four so there's some consolation. But Syracuse, Pitt, and Purdue really hosed me. As for those first two, so much for the vaunted and way overhyped Big East. Man, how often is Charles Barkley right? :lol:

So far I still have three of my final four (SDSU, UNC, Kansas). I also had Pitt but yeah, there ya go. I'm just happy to have one of the regions completely perfect at this conjecture.

My wild card that gives me an edge right now is the fact I have Wisconsin in my Final Four. If they win two more games I can really make a move for the top.

First games for the third round begin at about 7:30 PM EST tonight for those that need a reminder.

The current top brackets:

1. wuxbustah8 - 47 points
t-2. Danimal - 46 points
t-2. WeaponX2099 - 46 points
t-4. Backlash - 45 points
t-4. kona - 45 points
t-4. GhostShark - 45 points
t-4. 1337sauce - 45 points
t-4. jimrome27 - 45 points
t-4. Funion06 - 45 points
t-4. beerrun - 45 points
t-4. slowmotionninja - 45 points
t-4. ihadFG - 45 points

I actually have a decent shot at winning IF Duke beats Kansas in the final, unless BYU goes to the Final Four. I think. I did the scenario thing yesterday and I already forgot all the little details.

florida or ohio state loses there is no way i can even tie for first

florida needs to win1 more game
ohio states need to go to final 4 with duke kansas and the 4th doesnt matter

I've picked Uconn to win tonight but for some reason, I keep rooting for SDSU. Come on they are the mid-major. I can't help it!!!

bread's done
Back