The Seventh Annual CAG March Madness Contest - Brackets Are Sufficiently Broken!

[quote name='Backlash']I actually have a decent shot at winning IF Duke beats Kansas in the final, unless BYU goes to the Final Four.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, so, I'm done. :(

Glancing through the brackets, I don't think there's a single person who has all of their final four teams still in play.

Here are the leaders with only five games left:

t-1. akmgmer - 65 points
t-1. kona - 65 points
t-1. v1et r1ce - 65 points
4. Tubaker - 64 points
t-5. Strait1337 - 63 points
t-5. nyyanksfan20 - 63 points
t-5. wuxbustah8 - 63 points
t-5. GamerSDP - 63 points

[quote name='gbpackers94']Looks like akmgmer and v1et r1ce have the best chances at winning, but who knows.[/QUOTE]

I only have 2 teams in, but if UK wins the next two, I think I have a chance to win. They lose, I'm done. =[

[quote name='Josh5890']If VCU wins tomorrow, I'll buy a VCU jersey for next weekend.[/QUOTE]
You've got some shopping to do.

Two Cinderellas in one tournament is rare and it's a shame that they'll be playing each other for the right to a title shot.

Edit: Looked at the standings and only five people still have a shot at having the ultimate winner with three of those depending on the UNC/UK game. The other two have UConn.

jello44 - UConn
spree4567 - UConn
craven_fiend - Kentucky

That's about 3.5% of the pool that still has a shot and it could even end up with nobody getting it right.

Now that the UNC/UK game is over, here are the potential winners:

If Kentucky beats UConn and VCU beats Butler:

1. craven_fiend
2. Tubaker
3. llcooljunr

If Kentucky beats UConn, Butler beats VCU, and Kentucky beats Butler:

1. craven_fiend
2. llcooljunr
3. Tubaker

If Kentucky beats UConn, Butler beats VCU, and Butler beats Kentucky:

1. llcooljunr
2. craven_fiend
3. Tubaker

If UConn beats Kentucky, VCU beats Butler, and UConn beats VCU:

1. jello44
2. spree4567
3. akmgmer

If UConn beats Kentucky, VCU beats Butler, and VCU beats UConn:

1. akmgmer
2. jello44
t-3. cgw1710
t-3. spree4567

If UConn beats Kentucky, Butler beats VCU, and UConn beats Butler:

1. jello44
2. spree4567
3. llcooljunr

If UConn beats Kentucky, Butler beats VCU, and Butler beats UConn:

1. llcooljunr
2. akmgmer
3. jello44

In most situations there are a number of people that tie at the #4 spot and barely miss out on a prize because of a few missed games early on.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You've got some shopping to do.

Two Cinderellas in one tournament is rare and it's a shame that they'll be playing each other for the right to a title shot.

Edit: Looked at the standings and only five people still have a shot at having the ultimate winner with three of those depending on the UNC/UK game. The other two have UConn.

jello44 - UConn
spree4567 - UConn
shinryuu - UNC
Minosha - UNC
craven_fiend - Kentucky

That's about 3.5% of the pool that still has a shot and it could even end up with nobody getting it right.[/QUOTE]

Come on Kentucky! Just win me two games, at least and I'll be happy. Win it all and I'll be estatic.

Edit: Looks like my shot at winning hinges on Kentucky, and Kentucky alone. They survive, I survive. Any combination of UK in the Final game sets me up nicely.

The remaining scenarios for the title game:

Kentucky over VCU or VCU over Kentucky
1. craven fiend
2. Tubaker's Bracket
3. llcooljunr

Kentucky over Butler
1. craven fiend
2. llcooljunr
3. Tubaker's Bracket

UConn over VCU
1. jello44
2. En Fuego (me!)
3. akmgmer

UConn over Butler
1. jello44
2. En Fuego (me!)
3. llcooljunr

VCU over UConn
1. akmgmer
2. jello44
3. cgw1710
3. En Fuego (me!)

Butler over Kentucky
1. llcooljunr
2. craven fiend
3. Tubaker's Bracket

Butler over UConn
1. llcooljunr
2. akmgmer
3. jello44

Go Uconn!

[quote name='spree4567']The remaining scenarios for the title game:

Kentucky over VCU or VCU over Kentucky
1. craven fiend
2. Tubaker's Bracket
3. llcooljunr

Kentucky over Butler
1. craven fiend
2. llcooljunr
3. Tubaker's Bracket

UConn over VCU
1. jello44
2. En Fuego (me!)
3. akmgmer

UConn over Butler
1. jello44
2. En Fuego (me!)
3. llcooljunr

VCU over UConn
1. akmgmer
2. jello44
3. cgw1710
3. En Fuego (me!)

Butler over Kentucky
1. llcooljunr
2. craven fiend
3. Tubaker's Bracket

Butler over UConn
1. llcooljunr
2. akmgmer
3. jello44

Go Uconn![/QUOTE]

Come on VCU/UK matchup! ;]

uconn all the way had to win 5 in a row to take their div. title and then they will sweep the ncaa tour..

wonder how many years its been since no number1 seeds made it to the final 4

UConn over Butler
1. jello44
2. En Fuego (me!)
3. llcooljunr

or

Butler over UConn
1. llcooljunr
2. akmgmer
3. jello44

Looks like jello44 and llcooljunr win stuff either way. I either finish in 2nd or out of it.

anyone remember what the final 4 and champ points were worth..

trying to see where i would of finshed if i picked Uconn

thinking 32 and 64?

I'm actually surprised, I don't follow college, but I usually do brackets for fun, so being in third is a bit of a shock. Especially after being in last place for most of the tournament.

Forgot to check up on this for a while, nice to see I still have a chance at winning something. This has been one crazy tournament, I'm just sad Purdue didn't do better that they did. VCU did play really well until they played Butler.

UConn has won it, so here are the official winners of the pool this year:

1. jello44
2. spree4567
3. llcooljunr

I'll contact you guys in the morning to get the prize choices and all that sorted out.

What an awful championship game. I turned it off with about 10 minutes left and it doesn't seem like I missed anything :lol:.

[quote name='io']What an awful championship game. I turned it off with about 10 minutes left and it doesn't seem like I missed anything :lol:.[/QUOTE]

Your really didn't at all. The first half was a combination of ugly basketball and defense . Second half Butler could hit anything and UCONN exploited a huge weakness with Lamb.

I thought these comments (from an article on cbssports.com) were funny and appropriate:

Connecticut and Butler: Not since China built a great wall has the world witnessed such high level masonry.

No, Rome wasn't built in a day, but it could have been had the Bulldogs and Huskies played a game then.

Butler: Your turn to miss.
UConn: No, please, after you.
Butler: No, go ahead, I insist.

At one stretch both teams combined for a stunning 1 of 21 shooting from the field in a game that ended with Connecticut winning, 53-41. Butler shot 12 of 64. Skylar Diggins, blindfolded and with a bow and arrow from 700 paces, could shoot better than that.

The greatest quote of the night didn't come from the players or coaches. It came from CBS analyst Greg Anthony, who said after witnessing the 22-19 first half -- the lowest combined score since 1945: "This is the worst half of basketball I've ever seen in a national championship game."

little off topic but whover wins

Etrian Odyssey 3 - DS -
Monster Tale - DS

and may want to sell them let me know... cant belive if i picked uconn like i knew i should of i could ohad monster tale :)

bread's done
Back