The Sheamus Appreciation Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my tl;dr for the WWE '13 videos

Attitude era:

You start out as Shawn Michaels and the story tells of the rise of DX. First match is HBK/Mankind.
You will hop around and play as different stars (HHH/NAO).
Next chapter focuses on Austin.
Within each match, you have primary and secondary objectives.
Secondary objective completions reward you with superstars, photos, etc.
Next chapter is the brothers of destruction, then the Rock, then Mankind, then WMXV.
Austin's middle finger taunt is blurred in-game.

Chants/Arena size

Audio team from UFC games worked on WWE 13
"Crowd voltage" system goes with the flow of the match - Crowd can get amped and quiet at different points in the match.
Voltage system is tuned to each superstar. Crowd is louder for Punk, chants his name if he's in a match. Same with Cena, HHH, etc
New chants: CM Punk chants taken from post-Wrestlemania episode of Raw (!).
New chants: Zack Ryder chants (Let's go Ryder Woo Woo Woo)
New chants: Let's go Cena/Cena sucks chant
New chants: Daniel Bryan YES! chants
Crowd size will appear different depending on venue size, you can have small or MSG-sized crowds
Jim Ross' re-recorded in-game commentary instead of taking things from old tapes
Some snippets from programming will be used for cutscene

Spectacular moments

Ring breaking, superplexes to the outside of the ring, announce table interaction (standing on it, elbow drops, etc)
Announcers react to tables breaking (Trailer shows Lawler put his hands on his head after two guys go through it)
Remember HBK's superkick to Shelton Benjamin? That catch finisher is in the game. (YES! YES! YES!)
The catch finishers are not super easy to pull off
Announce table moves are decided via the OMG moveset, fans can edit the moveset to their content.
You can change it to a DDT or whatever you want.
You can do regular moves through the table but it's not as impactful

Special referee

Special referee has a "referee meter". As you officiate, depending on your actions, it'll increase or decrease.
If it fills, you can do your finisher or you can perform a screwjob finish during a submission hold.
If it decreases (ignoring pins/submissions, etc), Lauranaitis will come out and kick you out and you will be replaced by a regular referee.
As noted, you CAN call for the bell early during a submission and screw someone over. Superstars react.
AI refs can screw you over in special referee matches as well.

Create an arena

20 new stage designs that you can customize your arenas
Examples: Old SmackDown fist arena, the oval arena, Raw 2002 set, etc.
You can edit stage display items (remove fist from SD stage, remove metal backing, removing trons, etc) to create more of an indy feel.
There are no WCW or ECW stage parts included in the game.

Everything sounds awesome, but they may have lost my preorder with that last point.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kodave']I randomly clicked WWWF All Star Wrestling Part 04 1976 for no reason. Louie Cyr just lies there the whole match keeping DeNucci in a head scissors the for literally half of the match.[/QUOTE]

Hah. One of my friends from 1st grade is related to that guy, same last name and everything. I remember seeing a poster of him at his house way back then, the poster itself had to have been from the 60's. I almost posted a link to this on his Facebook asking him why he's so lazy, but he's one of those "I knew you 25 years ago and we ran across each other on Facebook but it's not like we actually talk now. Golly the internet is fun" friends, so it may have been a little weird.

The Attitude Era mode reminds me A LOT of the story/career mode from WWE Legends of WrestleMania, especially with the whole objectives thing.

[quote name='Tsel']The Attitude Era mode reminds me A LOT of the story/career mode from WWE Legends of WrestleMania, especially with the whole objectives thing.[/QUOTE]

Ooh really?!

Because while Legends of Wrestlemania is far from perfect, given the price I paid for it, I had quite a bit of fun with the story/career mode.

I haven't watched any WWE '13 videos because, well, I'm a Firepro kid but this is the most intriguing thing I've heard so far.

[quote name='Halo05']Ooh really?![/QUOTE]

Yes. Read my post. Primary and secondary objectives for each match. Secondary objectives earn unlockable items including the ability to recreate famous Attitude Era matches

I really hope that isn't a typo and the crowd actually goes "Let's Go Ziggler, woo woo woo" during Zack's matches.

[quote name='diddy310']I really hope that isn't a typo and the crowd actually goes "Let's Go Ziggler, woo woo woo" during Zack's matches.[/QUOTE]

Ha! I don't know why I typed that. Thanks for the correction.

No Surrender has been great thus far.

Austin Aries is the shit.

[quote name='advanced']I wish that Bubba would have won tonight. I'm kind of tired of Mr. Second Third Fourth Fifth Chance, Jeff Hardy.[/QUOTE]

I have no issue so long as he keeps losing. He's a good upper-level jobber because of his name value.

Possibility of turning Aries heel before BFG? Cuz there ain't no way Hardy could ever pull off a decent heel turn. Like, ever.

The match could still be good, but the face vs face dynamic never quite seems to pull in the audience...but then again, it's TNA, so anything goes I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back