The Sheamus Appreciation Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Tsel']Triple H cut his hair.
TpVzA.jpg
[/QUOTE]

maybe Brock gave him lice :)

Welcome to the present day, Triple H. Shawn Michaels is next. Worst comb-over I have ever seen. I've been bald. If I could grow more facial hair, I'd still be bald. Michaels has to let his youth go. No shame in getting old (and going bald).

[quote name='mykevermin']I want to like Kaitlyn because she has some legit build to her, and isn't another heroin chic set of tits.

I can't like Kaitlyn because she is "week 3 of training" awful in the ring. She can't even run the ropes properly.[/QUOTE]

I like Kaitlyn because she's visually-appealing to my tastes and actually looks like an athlete. She was entertaining on NXT and shows good personality in that "WWE behind the scenes" YouTube series.

But yes, she's incredibly awkward in the ring. Still, though, she's more fluid than Kelly Kelly and Alicia Fox, who have years on her in experience. Let's remember that Gail Kim began as a botch-tastic, awkward wrassler and became one of the better North American female wrasslers. All Kaitlyn has to do is follow the Gail Kim improvement line and not the Kelly Kelly improvement line.

Man, I never thought Trips would cut that stringy mop. I'll be interested to see if his ring gear gets an update as well. I've never been a huge fan of the speedo tights. They're better than jorts (unless we're talking about Raven) but not by much.

Odd to bring him up over and over in this thread but I always liked Benoit's tights. Sabu's pants might be my favorite wrestling attire ever.

HHH aged 15 years with a haircut.

Favorite attire for me is either Perfect's singlet, Rude's airbrushed tights (man, they fit the sleazeball gimmick perfectly), or La Parka's skeleton gear. Good discussion topic, I'm sure you guys have some great ones.

I always liked Taker's look from 1998...kinda wish they would go with something like hthat again rather than the singlet top he's been wearing for quite a while now.

Rick Rude's are great not only because they fit the gimmick perfectly but because they were related to his current feud. I can't think of anyone else who tied a certain ring attire to a specific match better than Rude.

For current stuff - I think Christian still has some of the nicest looking ring attire.. I can see why he has stuck with it for a pretty long time now. Came a long way from those awful red mesh shirts and cartoon versions of himself on his tights.

[quote name='KaneRobot']It's important to have at least a hint of standards. Most of the shit posted there is pretty fucking weak.[/QUOTE]

Which is why I'm cherry-picking. Not everyone will agree, which is just fine, so if one doesn't like it just move on. No need for someone to make a fuss about it. Here's another way. Enjoy it, don't enjoy it, your choice.

419835_349473218425072_2091469271_n.jpg

Lawler/Funk empty arena match

This is one of those things I've always intended to check out but haven't until now. Funk is so great here. The ending is especially funny. Also I have a feeling Foley got his Mankind style of speaking from Funk's yowling here (Foley has stated frequently that this is one of his favorite matches).

Two Chris Sabins? (or who is that to the left of Austin Aries and Daniel Bryan?)

Interesting drawing. What is it? (I can't read Korean.)

Nah, I see the resemblance. Also, who is talking into the mic next to Morrison? And is that supposed to be early CM Punk next to Rhodes?

:lol: There are 4 guys wearing hoods. Whole lot a peekaboo going on.

Plus, why is The Unknown Comic in there?

That explains Miz as I find him completely forgettable.

I had to google Seth Rollins. I'd forgotten Tyler Black was in WWE. Is he out of FCW at this point?

According to Maffew (Botchamania) on Facebook, Thrill Murray has given up.

Raw in Five Minutes is dead. Thrill Murray quit after taking some bad comments from people. Thanks for the memories Thrill!

That's too bad. For me, that was the only way Raw was watchable. Hopefully he just takes a break and goes back to it. Internet whiners aren't worth stopping something you enjoy.

[quote name='neocisco']That's too bad. For me, that was the only way Raw was watchable.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. My friend and I were constantly looking for "new episodes" from Thrill. I guess he lost his smile.

Looks like the Network may be done:

Vince McMahon's dream to expand his sports-entertainment empire through a dedicated cable channel appears very much in doubt.

Faced with numerous outstanding hurdles, Wrestlezone.com reports Thursday that plans for the WWE Network have been indefinitely placed on hold. Although WWE's television shows draw strong ratings, the organization has yet to strike a single deal with a cable or satellite-television provider to carry the channel one year after officially announcing its formation. And while WWE has considered making the network a pay-subscription channel, similar to HBO or Showtime, internal studies have shown less than 100,000 homes would be willing to pay a monthly fee.

WWE was expected to hire approximately 200 employees, including a general manager to run the channel. According to sources close to the head of its Human resources department and Vice President of programming, the company has issued a hiring freeze. It is said that any recent hires are in jeopardy of being terminated.

WWE initially timed the launch of the network for April 1, 2012 to coincide with its pay-per-view extravaganza, WrestleMania. The company even had a clock counting down to the April launch date on its site, which eventually disappeared. The launch was reportedly pushed to November 2012, then February 2013. Now, with the infrastructure set up as it is, the network will be virtually impossible to get off the ground within the next year.

I wonder what their demands were to the cable providers as it seems nobody really bit. Sucks for all those people they brought in for something that is looking to die before taking its first breath.

Impact was good.

In regards to Aces & Eights:

I'm almost certain Bully Ray is the leader.

Real fun Impact. Looking forward to Aries VERSUS THE ARM BREAKER!

Full Thoughts

Spike needs to never play Jail's theme over all the other pre-show promos again - it's impossible to hear anything clearly. Loved the final 4 BFG Series video, although I hope Sting dyes his beard back from grey. Tenay makes a way better VO guy for a video package than commentator. Show's starting with Hardy-Joe, who got a super-echoey ring intro. Goddamn is Jeff Hardy over. These two had a real good fast-paced match here. And it was made even better by the crowd eating everything up. The finish came out of nowhere, but was great with the Twist leading to a JUDO THROW AND NECK/ARM CRANK FROM JEFF HARDY! Wacky move for him, but it's better than the Spineline. I can't wait for the show to end so I can alter my FPR Edit of Jeff with these new moves. Aries met with Hogan, who has a new black and silver shirt that matches his beard. It really hit me here how different the color is in Hogan's hair and his beard. They came back with Hemme doing a wacky ramp promo with Joe until Magnus came out and stirred shit up and attacked him, to I guess set up SOMETHING for the PPV. Hogan met with the tag guys, for some reason, Robbie E said that Chavo did something LAST WEEK even though he hasn't been on the show in weeks. At least Hogan buried him for calling Chavo a has-been. AJ wanted a shot, but didn't get it, so he cried and bitched and talked about everyone else being a bunch of makeshift tag teams. WOW. Tremendous burial there. Brooke Hogan boringly talked about Tara-Tess being made for the PPV, then Gail came in and bitched.

Sweet - Spike's going to have a BFG Preview show with a pre-show match. AND HOLY CRAP, I think Terrell's tits got bigger. Gail came out to argue with her, and Tara came out in sadly, not the gear she had on against Tess. YES, MMAUL is back after Impact, so now I'll actually watch it. It helps that Batista will be on. Tara and Gail had a real good little match as both a match and vehicle for fanservice. Tara won with a nice countering Widow's Peak out of the corner. For some reason, they had a video package DEVOTED TO A GUY WHO DOESN'T WORK THERE in Joey Ryan. Al Snow is walking to the ring, I guess to explain that logic gap.

Well, sorta - he's going to give Joey Ryan another shot. All he has to do is win, no judges. I loved Taz saying that Joey didn't really need a mic since he's got a GIANT MEGAPHONE. Bully and Joseph had a...delightfully pleasant meeting and Bully warned him about the Aces and 8s. Aries prepared to torture the Aces guy, so I assume he's going to show him a Best of Russo compilation. More tag team bitching, and it's time for RVD-Bully in the final match of the proper BFG Series according to the video. Loved one fan chanting EC-DUB after an RVD dive. Devon's better chant is a wee bit late, but maybe it'll lead to them hiring Devon back just to prevent the company from looking so bad by having someone not in the company get chants...and be listed on their site as TV Champion. Bully and RVD had a real fun match - loved the Cutter out of the five star. Unlike last week's attempt at a highlight reel finish with RVD, this one looked perfect. Aries tormented the Aces and 8s goofball/freelance grip with a piece of paper. This guy has to be the most ripped grip ever. Aries used pliers on his tongue, and it led to Hogan coming in. Aries must've either had one shitty hiding place or he tipped Hogan off. Hogan got a call from the Aces, and proposed a match WITH THE ARM BREAKER versus Aries at the PPV in exchange for the goober. Great, so it MIGHT be Aries-Arm Breaker Guy at the PPV, which should do the lowest buyrate of the year.

Storm came out to a huge pop, cut a good promo, got a huge pop for everything he said and came off like a megastar again. He called everyone out and said Bully would be his PPV opponent since he was the one accusing him of running the Aces and for derailing him last year. Tag title match is up next. Hemme tried to interview RVD, who was interrupted by Magnus and called over the hill. Great little deal with Magnus being the lead shit-stirrer in the company. Hogan picked Team Tex-Mex for the tag title shot. Hernandez seemed lost in there with Chavo having to guide him through double team spots and Hernandez going for a splash while Chavo had a cover. I love Chavo doing the Amigos while Hernandez does the Davey Boy suplex. Holy crap Batista looks ridiculous tonight - even by Batista's standards. Loved Chavo giving Hernandez a super-rana for a near-fall - would've made a great finish. Hehe, Daniels has #WTTCOTWon his gear. Loved him bringing both belts in, using one, and cheating to win against a Guerrero. That was a fun little clusterfuck of a match. Here comes Hogan to make a PPV rematch. Nope, it'll be AJ and Angle against the champs...even though he just saw the heels cheating and Angle's shirt says there's no I in Team. It'll be RVD-Magnus at the PPV, Ion faces Sonjay, Joe faces Hardy once again, Bully-Storm, and two winners face off in the finals later on that show. Aries came out with Mike (from New York), and he referenced Monty Hall in 2012. Loved the crowd losing it when he said he was tired of getting railroaded from behind. The Arm Breaker came down, hit his guy with a ball peen hammer, and got dove on. IT'S ARIES VERSUS THE ARMBREAKER ON PPV.

Screens -

Joe Joe the sailor man, w00t w00t!

You must be this tall to be a Hulkamaniac

#hotness

[quote name='Brak']Impact was good.

In regards to Aces & Eights:

I'm almost certain Bully Ray is the leader.
[/QUOTE]

Are they doing a Tatanka? (referring to his claims of Lex Luger being in the Million Dollar Corporation).

It speaks volumes about the state of WWE that I remember that angle, but couldn't tell you who Miz beat to win the IC title (Cody Rhodes, yes?), and have zero fuckin' idea who that person beat to win the belt.

Christian, who beat Cody. I don't remember who Cody beat.

Maybe I do, Big Zeke, right, back when he was doing the paper bag gimmick to cover the ugly fans?

[quote name='ced']I wonder what their demands were to the cable providers as it seems nobody really bit. Sucks for all those people they brought in for something that is looking to die before taking its first breath.[/QUOTE]

Something tells me the WWE is expecting ESPN level money for their channel. If that is the case there's no way in freaking hell they are getting that. ESPN can at least justify the money with the various sports/leagues they carry. The WWE on the other hand... yeah if Al Jazerra is having to give away their newly launched BeIN Sports network to providers for next to nothing then how does Vince expect providers to turn around and offer a good amount per subscriber for his wrasslin network? Especially in this era of pirate streams, torrents, etc.

I don't think he'd be wasted, in fact, I think he would be given a huge push if he were to come in, given that he's a recognizable face.

However, that push would come at the expense of someone else's, people that are really on the verge of breaking through to be huge.. people like Sandow or Cesaro.

The gimmick that got him over as a singles would be summarily dismissed since it wasn't conceived by Vince. He'd be saddled with some tired gimmick that pales in comparison and he'd be on Sooperstars™ inside of 4 months. Regardless, it doesn't matter. He's staying with TNA and right now, creatively speaking, that's good.

Even if the network thing is dead, it was certainly worth the effort since it resulted in the WWF logo no longer being blurred.

I don't think WWE would use Bully Ray as a singles guy. Him and D-Von would come back for the tag team nostalgia pop. Rack up some wins and eventually put young guys over. And all that's assuming WWE would even care about putting their tag team division over like that, which they don't. Being Bully Ray in TNA is probably more creatively fulfilling.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Even if the network thing is dead, it was certainly worth the effort since it resulted in the WWF logo no longer being blurred.[/QUOTE]

Indeed, and hopefully this starts with the release of the Attitude Era DVD.

The only thing that worries me now, though, is that on some clips on WWE.com, they blurred out "TNT" under the WCW Monday Nitro logo. Really?

/edit: It may have been on the FCA DVD/Netflix Instant Watch version.. but it was definitely blurred

Jim Ross suggested Friday on Twitter that he will be celebrated by WWE when Raw emanates from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma on Monday, October 1 at Chesapeake Energy Arena.

"Monday October 1 @WWE Raw in #okc is going to be special for yours truly," Ross wrote. "More details to come but I'd be great to have a full house."

I'll make sure to tune out for that episode. I don't want to see how they're going to make fun of him.

Not sure if I'm going to that Raw or not since it's been pretty shitty. I guess we will see how things go leading up to it and maybe I'll get some cheap seats at the last minute.

I don't get JR, he's been shit on by Vince and that company more times than I can remember, and keeps coming back.

He strikes me as the type who is a company man to a fault. His mindset might be along the lines that he thinks you're supposed to put up with that kind of nonsense because that's just the way it is.

Jim Ross, who many perceive has been subject to on-air ridicule by WWE brass, addressed fan concern regarding bullying on company programming in a Twitter post Thursday. He wrote, “Find it amazing that some fans cannot separate a fictitious, pro wrestling villain w/ real, every day life bullying. @WWE=entertainment, FYI.”
He's definitely in denial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back