The Simpsons Movie

The Simpsons reminds me a lot of Married With Children. While cartoonish from the beginning, they retained basic family elements and lifestyle. As they made older seasons, the father figure just became a shell of his former shelf. The characters became less of the attraction and more focus was put on absurd situations.

i've been interested in this movie for a long while. Good to hear that the critics haven't ripped it apart. Might actually have to go out and see this one.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']The Simpsons Movie looks lame. And I share Strell's views, maybe not as rabid though.
The Homer Simpson character used to be a goofy father figure. For the longest time, now, he's been a goofy unfunny cartoon character. The Simpsons is horrible. They need to kill it off.[/quote]

Or at least paint them a different color. They've been stale for a while. The movie might be good but I'm not in a big rush to see it. There's been that whole Family Guy/Simpsons feud and all I have to say is Simpsons has been on longer but is not really funny anymore and Family Guy is not limited to Fox so everyone can see it but the pop culture references get dull after a while.

Not bad, but not spectacular either. The crowd seemed to love it though. It had it's moments but it still wasn't up to par with the shows they had back in the mid-90s.

I liked the movie. Definitely had some good moments. I'd recommend it to any simpsons fan that isn't cranky. Audiences as a whole loved it.

I've been watching The Simpsons my entire life. I still remember episodes back from when I was little, Like the infmaous one about Frank Grimes, the Sideshow Bobs, Who Shot Mr. Burns, etc. I, personally, think that the Simpsons is still funny in some spots, just not very. I think this movie is there to get the last out of the Simpsons, to be honest. They won't renew it after whatever time they left is up.

Oh, and Family Guy is funny. In the newer episodes they have toned down on the pop culture references quite alot, and they tend to make jokes based on the actual plot and characters rather than some TV show from 20 years ago. Or maybe the references just weren't funny enough for me to notice them.

Oh, and yes, Futurama was a great show. Sucks that that got cancelled as opposed to the Simpsons, but that is coming soon. It was Fox's fault. They pretty much did to the show what they did to Family Guy, moved it around stupidly or put it in spots where sports would be shown until everyone forgot about it. Funnily, AS picked the shows up and actually aired them and conveniant, consistent slots and the shows became huge.

watched it and thought it was pretty funny...didn't hold the steam all the way through. And I deffinitly don't think it would be funny a second time around.

I don't know what you guys are talking about, I loved it. Felt like a great episode of the series. It definitely started dragging around the Alaska parts, but it was still an awesome film, recommend it to any Simpsons fans

After seeing your avatar, Javeryh, it make me wonder what part Lionel Hutz could have played in the movie if not for the untimely death of Phil Hartman.

[quote name='Number83']After seeing your avatar, Javeryh, it make me wonder what part Lionel Hutz could have played in the movie if not for the untimely death of Phil Hartman.[/quote]

yeah, I really miss these guys...

250px-LionelHutz.jpg

200px-Troy_McClure.png

I saw it last night at midnite.. I loved it. Not "BEST MOVIE EVER" but I really enjoyed it!

Makes me wish there was now a Futurama movie =(

I saw it and loved it as well. It was fun to watch. I'd say it's my favorite movie this summer (even though that's not saying much).

Also, I want to say thank God they stuck with 2D for this movie. I'm getting sick of the CG stuff.

[quote name='Punk_Raven']I always got Troy Mcloy and *hilarious lawyer * mixed up .[/QUOTE]
:hot:

You mean Troy Mclure. You may remember him from such self help tapes as Smoke yourself thin and Get some confidence, Stupid!

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']I don't know what you guys are talking about, I loved it. Felt like a great episode of the series. It definitely started dragging around the Alaska parts, but it was still an awesome film, recommend it to any Simpsons fans[/QUOTE]

Yeah it did but it quickly got back to form with
TO BE CONTINUED...IMMEDIATELY. Not to mention that polar bear kicking the dog/boob lady/Homer's epiphany. And the whole sequence with Marge recording herself over the wedding video=:cry: :cry: :cry:

the movie was a pleasant surprise. I was keeping my expectations low. It didn't quite recapture the charm of the first several seasons that's been long since lost, but there was plenty of fan service, and the stories and jokes were well executed. It's definitely better than most of the recent stuff which gets too overly zany and has poor timing of the jokes.

Saw a midnight showing and loved it. Place was packed and the crowd seemed to love it as well. Greatest movie ever? No, but a very enjoyable movie. Those who have given up on the Simpsons will probably not even give it a fair shot but the true fans will enjoy it.

I think one of the greatest parts was when
they're escaping Springfield and Homer starts flipping off the townpeople, only to be clawed/shot :rofl:. Also of note, the ambulance still into the tree over the Springfield gorge.

[quote name='lilboo']Makes me wish there was now a Futurama movie =([/QUOTE]
There are 4 coming to DVD!

I thought the movie was excellent. I wouldn't say it's as good as Seasons 7 or 8, but it comes pretty close. There were definitely a lot of really funny scenes.

[quote name='whoknows']I saw it and loved it as well. It was fun to watch. I'd say it's my favorite movie this summer (even though that's not saying much).

Also, I want to say thank God they stuck with 2D for this movie. I'm getting sick of the CG stuff.[/quote]
homer1.jpg

homer3d5.jpg

Preliminary clips from the beginning of planning The Simpsons Movie! ;)

[quote name='Rocko']
homer1.jpg

homer3d5.jpg

Preliminary clips from the beginning of planning The Simpsons Movie! ;)[/quote]

mmmmm.....Erotic Cakes....

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']That was just from an old episode...[/quote]

Congratulations, you can't identify sarcasm even when I include an identifying smiley!

It's from the Season 7 Treehouse of Horror episode (VI), yes.

I loved the beginning such as the
Itchy and Scratchy movie, Homer talking to the "audience" and the fox ad at the bottom of the screen.
As the movie progressed I started to enjoy it less and less except for certain scenes like
bart skating naked, Homer's head getting scratched to hell, Apu messing up the appeal to Mr. Burns, and Otto hitting the bong!.
That videotape scene was so emotional though...

Overall, I was pleased with it because I saw it for free. I got a free ticket from one of the TV boxsets, all of you who haven't done so should do the same and you won't feel guilty for paying nearly $8 to see the movie. I would've felt cheated if I paid that much. Probably $5 for the early morning showing would be acceptable for me.

Oh and...
BART HAS A SMALL DICK! BART HAS A SMALL DICK!

[quote name='Rocko']Congratulations, you can't identify sarcasm even when I include an identifying smiley!

[/quote]

I thought so, but I couldn't be completely sure.

My mistake! :)

I saw it last night. Good but ot great. They basically took most of the running themes of the show and used them all as plot devices for the movie. Not a bad decision, but I wish they'd tried to go a more original route.

best part for me: Marge "Someone throw the goddamn bomb! :rofl:

I'm more of a casual Simpsons fan (as in I watch the show if I come across it while flipping through channels) but I saw the movie and really enjoyed it. I kinda think the problem with the Simpsons becoming "stale" is that when anything has been around for so long, you simply run out of jokes/material. I used to be a huge Garfield fan, but I can barely read the comic strip anymore because they ran out of jokes regarding a fat lazy cat, a stupid dog and a dorky owner who can't get a date, and pretty much every strip revolves around those things. Eventually anything can become a huge cash cow and it's only necessary to milk it for all it's worth, but the cow may stop giving milk eventually.

Did anyone else find Abe reading "Oatmeal Enthusiast" hillarious too? I don't know WHY, but I was crackin up..

And yes, one of my favorite quotes was
Marge: Someone throw the goddamn bomb!!"
...ahh good times!!

I really like it as well. It was much funnier than the show has been for the past 10 yrs or so. Was it just me or did Homer seem like more of a dick than ever in this movie though?

[quote name='whoknows']One thing I'm wondering is what happened to
The pig. He just sorta disappears halfway through the movie
[/QUOTE]

I was wondering that myself, especially since he is a major character in the beginning. Movie was good, but, as usual, the best parts were already made into trailers.

Fox had people distributing surveys at the showing in king of prussia this afternoon. (Unfortunately, nothing was given away for filling out the two page survey.) One page asked who you are (age, gender, race, if you brought kids or others to the movie), how you found out about the movie. About half of the second page asked for your opinion of the movie, how likely you would be to see the movie in the theater again/buy dvd/recommend to friends/etc. The remaining half was asking your opinion of the trailers, especially Alvin and the Chipmunks and Horton Hears a Who.

Came out of the movie, didn't want to kill everyone around me. That already makes me wildly beyond my expectations.

I would like an animated gif of Homer flipping everyone off, please.

bread's done
Back