The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V5! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

This is a Wiki post. Please read this
We appreciate you helping keep this thread up to date. The sales change virtually every day so no one person has the time to update them all. If you notice a game is no longer on sale, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see a game is on sale, add it to the list. Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.
for instructions on updating the thread.

Steam Games and DLC on Sale - Updated 12/16

Daily Deal(s)

Midweek Madness Deal(s) Weekend Deal(s)

Other Deals

Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 9/23

Amazon
  • Amazon - Preorders

• Amazon - Current Deals

GamersGate

Greenman Gaming

Preorder Deals - Updated 10/28
Group Buys - Updated 8/14

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff - Updated 4/3

There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card.
The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Which retail CD Keys are accepted on Steam?

All retail Valve games and a number of third-party games can be registered to your Steam account. All of the following games can be registered through Steam:
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: ####-#####-####
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • AI War CD Keys in various formats
  • Aliens vs. Predator (2010 Release) CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Alpha Prime CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Audiosurf CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • BRINK CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is not accepted on Steam
  • Cities in Motion CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Civilization V CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Cricket Revolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys may also have been printed incorrectly, please see the Dark Messiah article
  • Darksiders CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: The number 2 and letter Z may look very similar.
  • Dawn of War II CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dawn of War II - Retribution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Defense Grid CD Keys in this format (Direct2Drive only): 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Duke Nukem Forever CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dungeons and Dragons: Daggerdale in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Empire: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-DDEFGH3-IJK4L-MNOPQ-RST56
  • F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • F.E.A.R. 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Fallout: New Vegas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2010 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2011 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Front Mission Evolved CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Global Agenda CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Keys purchased directly from the Global Agenda website cannot be registered on Steam.
  • GTI Racing CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • GTR Evolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Homefront CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Humble Indie Bundle in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 2 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 3 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Just Cause 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Please input all O's and 0's as Q's for Just Cause 2
  • Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Killing Floor CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • King Arthur - The Role-playing Wargame CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lara Croft Guardian of Light CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Last Remnant CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lionheart: Kings' Crusade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Extreme Condition CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Colonies Edition CD Keys are not accepted on Steam
  • Mafia 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Magicka CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Metro 2033 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • MLB Front Office Manager CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: Warband CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • NBA 2K9 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Napoleon: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Order of War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Prey CD Keys in this format: AAB1BB2C345CDD6E E7
  • R.U.S.E. CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: R.U.S.E. keys from Ubisoft's Digital River service are not accepted on Steam
  • RACE - the WTCC Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • RACE 07 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ragdoll Kung Fu CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Railworks CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Red Orchestra CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Rogue Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • SiN Episodes: Emergence CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Saint's Row 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Serious Sam HD CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Shattered Horizon CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Ship CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ship Simulator Extremes CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Silent Hill Homecoming CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Sniper: Ghost Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Space Trader CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Speedball 2 - Tournament in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Star Trek: D-A-C CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • STCC - The Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Super Meat Boy CD keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Supreme Commander 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Torchlight CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Note: Only keys purchased directly from Runic Games or Perfect World prior to May 19th, 2010 can be registered on Steam.
  • Total War: SHOGUN 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Unreal Tournament 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2-3FGH-456I-K8LM
  • Velvet Assassin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings in this format: AB-1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM
  • Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • X3: Terran Conflict CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Zeno Clash CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
Opposing Force CD-keys cannot be registered through Steam. Opposing Force was included in a retail Half-Life package. The Half-Life CD-key included in the package will unlock all of the games in that package, including Opposing Force.
Note: Only the retail games listed above can be registered through Steam. No other retail games can be registered and downloaded using Steam.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

The Ball (bought @D2D and tested by voken)
Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon and tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sunghost']Looks like FilePlay.net is giving away free copies of Starvoid, and it seems like it's the full version, not just the beta, but I could be wrong.

http://www.fileplay.net/keys[/QUOTE]

Got one, thanks!

Unless I completely misread something, the text suggested that the key would additionally grant a giftable copy, but it doesn't seem to have added anything to my inventory. The fileplay site also only lists the one key in the keys section under my profile.

[quote name='sunghost']Looks like FilePlay.net is giving away free copies of Starvoid, and it seems like it's the full version, not just the beta, but I could be wrong.

Thanks! They have four betas up for grabs, including another Starvoid beta that comes with a dedicated server.

There's another beta up for a new Steam game called Arche Blade. Link: https://beta.codebrush.net/

Thanks for the heads up! I hope it's not a beta.

[quote name='DPsycho']Got one, thanks!

Unless I completely misread something, the text suggested that the key would additionally grant a giftable copy, but it doesn't seem to have added anything to my inventory. The fileplay site also only lists the one key in the keys section under my profile.[/QUOTE]
Same here; wonder how that works.

Thanks. I think it is the full version because the store page says I already own the game and it will unlock in 5 days. It only offers me the option to buy it as a gift.

Thanks a lot! It's weird, but I really want to buy my own KF server now.

[quote name='Honeybaked Ham']This was posted over in the Groupee thread. Watch this and tell me if you still think it looks good. I got a laugh out of it at least.[/QUOTE]
That was quite the contribution. I have to ask, do they really say things like "Absotively Posilutely" and "Someone's been drinking that Gatorade?" (In addition, do all those dancing animations truly come with the game itself?)

I believe everything I've ever wanted to know about Revelations 2012 has been ascertained.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']That was quite the contribution. I have to ask, do they really say things like "Absotively Posilutely" and "Someone's been drinking that Gatorade?" (In addition, do all those dancing animations truly come with the game itself?)

I believe everything I've ever wanted to know about Revelations 2012 has been ascertained.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, all that is in game stuff. Quite entertaining. The game has a special dance key :)

Thanks for the Starvoid tip!

I've entered a bunch of Rev 2012 giveaways on Steamgifts (and lost) but can't bring myself to pay the dollar to just buy it :lol:

[quote name='EliotAndrews']...and "Someone's been drinking that Gatorade?"[/QUOTE]
"Hater-ade"

For those that remember, I decides to go ahead on a new build. The CAG kicked in and I changed some components and.knocked $300 off the price. And I was just in an extremely annoying thread at SD. Was trying to get more info on a comparison between the card I.chose, the MSI 660Ti Power Edition, to a slightly overclocked 670.

Multiple people starts comparing everything BUT those two to give me an answer.Such as 660ti reference to heavily overclocked 670s and and so on 1 guy said my card couldn't run MSAA,I. showed him a link. showing a test of it running 60 fps with 8xMSAA on skyrim

I apologize for the odd and random punctuation, when I try to fix it it just starts deleting random words( browser glitch on phone)

Daily Deal

Two Worlds Epic Edition $4.99 75% off
Two Worlds 2 Castle Defense $2.99 75% off
Two Worlds 2 Velvet Edition $9.99 75% off includes below
Two Worlds 2 $7.49 75% off
Two Worlds 2 DLC $4.99 75% off

I think I'm being dumb here, but how do I get a key? Will a link show up once I sign up for an account?

[quote name='Roll']I think I'm being dumb here, but how do I get a key? Will a link show up once I sign up for an account?[/QUOTE]

Yes, sign up for an account then go to their Beta page and click on the appropriate "Get my key" link.

[quote name='Seraphym']Yes, sign up for an account then go to their Beta page and click on the appropriate "Get my key" link.[/QUOTE]

thanks. :)

I dont even know what the hell Starvoid is and i have no intention of finding out. but it is now a welcome member of my steam library. thanks for that.

[quote name='Roll']Hmm, I wonder how long until SteamGifts is bombarded with Starvoid giveaways? :booty:[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure I just seen FalconGamer put one up. ;)

EDIT: Nope, give it another 30 minutes.

I like that price on 2W2, but I haven't even gotten to the first one yet, so pass. $5? Then it'd go down the backlog hole.

Hmm, GetGamesGo Has Overlord II for $2.50 (not steam). I had a blast with Overlord: Raising Hell. If I didn't already own Overlord II, I'd probably bite. (20 min in Overlord II made it seem like more of the same -- a good thing -- with slightly updated graphics and PhysX).

[quote name='JakeNome']I dont even know what the hell Starvoid is and i have no intention of finding out. but it is now a welcome member of my steam library. thanks for that.[/QUOTE]

Haha same here, thanks!

And I really wish Overlord II was steam activatable, I would totally jump on it at $2.50!

Thanks for the pointer to the Starvoid key. Turns out I was already on the beta but forgot about it. Instead of rejecting it, the new key ended up adding a second Starvoid to my library. Strange.

[quote name='M_F_A_H']Torchlight 2's release date will be revealed on August 31st. I know that many of us preorderd it a long-ass time ago so this is exciting news.[/QUOTE]
I would be interested in the actual release date but I'm not going to get excited about an announcement of an announcement. :cry:

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I would be interested in the actual release date but I'm not going to get excited about an announcement of an announcement. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Worst part is what if there is a delay for the announcement of the announcement :shock:

[quote name='Sophita']Worst part is what if there is a delay for the announcement of the announcement :shock:[/QUOTE]

I'm sure they'd schedule an announcement to tell us of the delay of the announcement's announcement.

[quote name='JakeNome']I hope runic games is just trolling and that the release date is the same as the announcement date.[/QUOTE]

I hope they are not trolling. Trolling would be:
"After the failure and backlash of Diablo 3 and seeing the huge demand for episodic adventure games, we've decided to remake Torchilight II into an episodic adventure game! Episode 1 will be released in time for Halloween..."

...or we get lucky and it turns out like the Faster! Harder! Nightwish! announcement.
bc168b55480fe28de8b464f1f955df4d.jpg

Ever since they announced they would be at PAX it pretty much meant the earliest you'll see it released would be September 20th or so. At the very least they'll still be able to call that 'Summer 2012.' That said I wouldn't be surprised to see a date of November/December which they'll chalk up to more polishing or whatever.

I laugh at myself. So I bought TWII in December from gamefly used for ps3 for $10. And I haven't even played it yet. but if I had waited, I could have gotten it for that price, with the dlc/expansion, and have it be new and look better. I really should stop buying my console games. or at least play them when I get them. oops.

[quote name='nategator']Awesome KOTOR II finally hit steam for digital download. I guess I know what I'll be getting during the Winter Sale
http://store.steampowered.com/app/208580/[/QUOTE]

I see who's going to get Jade Empired! ^_~

[quote name='sunasun']new bundle for purveyors of crappy games
http://www.thegreenlightbundle.com/[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the announce. It has it's own thread. Thread consensus is PC/Mac ports of tablet games... without the tablet option.

[quote name='nategator']Awesome KOTOR II finally hit steam for digital download. I guess I know what I'll be getting during the Winter Sale

http://store.steampowered.com/app/208580/[/QUOTE]

This just found its way to the top of my wish list. Despite all its flaws I loved this game and have been dying to play it again for years. Hopefully I can stay strong til the winter sale.

I can't remember the Story for KOTOR 2 at all so I'll probably get it if it goes 75% off or more. I have it on xbox still. Either I didn't beat it or the ending sucked so much I just forgot it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back