The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V5! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

This is a Wiki post. Please read this
We appreciate you helping keep this thread up to date. The sales change virtually every day so no one person has the time to update them all. If you notice a game is no longer on sale, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see a game is on sale, add it to the list. Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.
for instructions on updating the thread.

Steam Games and DLC on Sale - Updated 12/16

Daily Deal(s)

Midweek Madness Deal(s) Weekend Deal(s)

Other Deals

Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 9/23

Amazon
  • Amazon - Preorders

• Amazon - Current Deals

GamersGate

Greenman Gaming

Preorder Deals - Updated 10/28
Group Buys - Updated 8/14

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff - Updated 4/3

There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card.
The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Which retail CD Keys are accepted on Steam?

All retail Valve games and a number of third-party games can be registered to your Steam account. All of the following games can be registered through Steam:
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: ####-#####-####
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • AI War CD Keys in various formats
  • Aliens vs. Predator (2010 Release) CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Alpha Prime CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Audiosurf CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • BRINK CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is not accepted on Steam
  • Cities in Motion CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Civilization V CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Cricket Revolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys may also have been printed incorrectly, please see the Dark Messiah article
  • Darksiders CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: The number 2 and letter Z may look very similar.
  • Dawn of War II CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dawn of War II - Retribution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Defense Grid CD Keys in this format (Direct2Drive only): 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Duke Nukem Forever CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dungeons and Dragons: Daggerdale in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Empire: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-DDEFGH3-IJK4L-MNOPQ-RST56
  • F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • F.E.A.R. 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Fallout: New Vegas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2010 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2011 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Front Mission Evolved CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Global Agenda CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Keys purchased directly from the Global Agenda website cannot be registered on Steam.
  • GTI Racing CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • GTR Evolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Homefront CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Humble Indie Bundle in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 2 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 3 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Just Cause 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Please input all O's and 0's as Q's for Just Cause 2
  • Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Killing Floor CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • King Arthur - The Role-playing Wargame CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lara Croft Guardian of Light CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Last Remnant CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lionheart: Kings' Crusade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Extreme Condition CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Colonies Edition CD Keys are not accepted on Steam
  • Mafia 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Magicka CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Metro 2033 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • MLB Front Office Manager CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: Warband CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • NBA 2K9 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Napoleon: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Order of War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Prey CD Keys in this format: AAB1BB2C345CDD6E E7
  • R.U.S.E. CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: R.U.S.E. keys from Ubisoft's Digital River service are not accepted on Steam
  • RACE - the WTCC Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • RACE 07 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ragdoll Kung Fu CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Railworks CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Red Orchestra CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Rogue Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • SiN Episodes: Emergence CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Saint's Row 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Serious Sam HD CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Shattered Horizon CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Ship CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ship Simulator Extremes CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Silent Hill Homecoming CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Sniper: Ghost Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Space Trader CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Speedball 2 - Tournament in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Star Trek: D-A-C CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • STCC - The Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Super Meat Boy CD keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Supreme Commander 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Torchlight CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Note: Only keys purchased directly from Runic Games or Perfect World prior to May 19th, 2010 can be registered on Steam.
  • Total War: SHOGUN 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Unreal Tournament 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2-3FGH-456I-K8LM
  • Velvet Assassin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings in this format: AB-1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM
  • Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • X3: Terran Conflict CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Zeno Clash CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
Opposing Force CD-keys cannot be registered through Steam. Opposing Force was included in a retail Half-Life package. The Half-Life CD-key included in the package will unlock all of the games in that package, including Opposing Force.
Note: Only the retail games listed above can be registered through Steam. No other retail games can be registered and downloaded using Steam.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

The Ball (bought @D2D and tested by voken)
Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon and tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw Of Orcs and Men on gamersgate the other day and it did look pretty cool.

Also looking forward to Dishonored and some dino game called Primal Carnage.

Also want to get Sleeping Dogs, Krater, Torchlight 2 when they go 75% off...lol.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']
Also want to get Sleeping Dogs, Krater, Torchlight 2 when they go 75% off...lol.[/QUOTE]
That might take A LOT of patience, hehe....
Krater and TL2, I might budge at 50% on those....
About Sleeping Dogs...I dunno what'll make me budge for a price on that game. :p

[quote name='MysterD']That might take A LOT of patience, hehe....
Krater and TL2, I might budge at 50% on those....
About Sleeping Dogs...I dunno what'll make me budge for a price on that game. :p[/QUOTE]

$10 is the price I'll budge at for Sleeping Dogs ;)

It's published by Square Enix, so it probably won't take long for it to drop.

Personally there isn't anything else coming this year I'm really interested in although Dishonored looks pretty cool.

What I'm really looking forward to is Aliens:Colonial Marines and Bioshock Infinite next year.

Hmm, just thinking I would like to see the old Star Trek Elite Force games on steam. I remember there were some pretty solid mods being made for it(the first game basically had an entire new campaign fan made for it), but I never got to try them.

Of Orcs and Men has caught my eye, but I probably won't buy any more "new" games this year.

I'm trying to close my eyes and pretend there are no more games coming out this year. I'm still reeling from the 40ish day period that brought me Sleeping Dogs, Dark Souls, Darksiders II, Guild Wars 2, Borderlands 2, and Torchlight 2. Whew.

[quote name='sunghost']$10 is the price I'll budge at for Sleeping Dogs ;)

It's published by Square Enix, so it probably won't take long for it to drop.[/QUOTE]

$10 could be the breaking point for me on a lot of titles, yes.
Especially Triple-A titles.

That or 75% off... ;)

Thing is w/ Sleeping Dogs - we know there's gonna be at least 6 months of DLC planned for it...

[quote name='KaOTiK']
Need for Speed Most Wanted. This will be the first EA title in quite a long time I'm going to buy that isn't going to be 75% off. I loved the first NFS Most Wanted (one of my fav NFS) and this one should hopefully just be that but improved, even if it was the same damn game with a graphics update I'd want it honestly lol.[/QUOTE]
I'm not buying this game on PC, based on Criterion's last two PC games. They denied DLC to Burnout Paradise on PC and then did a half assed port of Hot Pursuit with no anti-aliasing and missing effects. If I buy it I'm getting it on PS3, it's just a safer bet.

[quote name='sunghost']$10 is the price I'll budge at for Sleeping Dogs ;)

It's published by Square Enix, so it probably won't take long for it to drop.[/QUOTE]

Exactly why I held off on Sleeping Dogs even though I'm really intrigued by it. I'll thank myself later. :)

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I'm not buying this game on PC, based on Criterion's last two PC games. They denied DLC to Burnout Paradise on PC and then did a half assed port of Hot Pursuit with no anti-aliasing and missing effects. If I buy it I'm getting it on PS3, it's just a safer bet.[/QUOTE]

Did you try bumping up any AA effects through your video card's software panel (Nvidia Control Panel or ATI Catalyst Control Center)?

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I think the advice was to learn how to let things go/slide. Even if you feel you are in the right or "defending" someone.

What we have now is 2+ pages of pointless argument clogging up this thread when we'd only have one unnecessary insult if you just learned to ignore things.[/QUOTE]

One word: Thunderdome

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']So after about a few days of not having Torchlight 2, I finally got in touch with the hoster of the 4-pack. Apparently I found a major bug in Steam. So my copy of Torchlight 2 the copy I redeemed the preorder with, was sent to him and not me. He didn't know until he opened his inventory when I asked him about it.

I am just happy.[/QUOTE]

Hooray! I hope you enjoy TL2 as much as I.

[quote name='KaOTiK']So what games are you guys looking forward to with the end of the year game release zerg? I know we are all CAG's and don't like to spend much preordering but I am curious as to what is on other peoples plates. Sometimes you find cool games you didn't know about otherwise.

Need for Speed Most Wanted. This will be the first EA title in quite a long time I'm going to buy that isn't going to be 75% off. I loved the first NFS Most Wanted (one of my fav NFS) and this one should hopefully just be that but improved, even if it was the same damn game with a graphics update I'd want it honestly lol.

I gotta say though, the last few months have been solid for gaming imo. I've preordered a decent number of games this year for great prices and haven't been let down on any of them. Dark Souls, Darksiders 2, Borderlands 2, Torchlight 2, and Guild Wars 2 so far have all be great and I've sunk a lot of time into (I'm freaking addicted to BL2 right now, help 110 hours already)[/QUOTE]

More Games?!? I'm still waiting for the current crop to hit a CAG-a-rific sale! Only thing currently on my horizon is NFS:MW2. Preordering with GMG coupon is the best I think I've seen. Personally I've never pre-ordered games (excluding Kickstarter), since I like to see the reviews first. That said, I'll probably pickup NFS:MW2 when it hits $25 (probably around the solstice). I loved NFS:MW, though the PS2 version would slow down a bit with when you had 30+ vehicles after you. I disabled auto-saves (or pulled my mem card) to re-do boss races until I guessed their pinkslip.

Torchlight 2 is helping me to stay strong against temptation (and kick ass at the same time =).

[quote name='glennfrank']I've (fairly recently - just before summer sale) gotten back into PC gaming. I now have about 85 steam games I need to play (many from bundles) as well as a few other (non steam) PC games. In addition to this I have a decent console backlog - somewhere around 25 retail games and 30+ XBLA games. This doesn't include a HUGE PS2 and original Xbox backlog that, unfortunately, I probably will NEVER get to. On top of that I have quite a few android games as well as some ios games that I never played when I was using my iphone. I tend to spend a lot of my time looking for deals, rather than actually playing these damn things for some reason.[/QUOTE]

haha I love this whole conversation...just started PC gaming and I have more games already then I ever had on console. It really is addicting to get these deals.

So no deals recently...I guess. alotta heat goin' around here

I guess I'm hopin' GMG gets some good deals week so I can use that code.

[quote name='Kaltic']And back to something game related... Anyone that was dismissing Dark Souls here it some information for you. The game, with a patch and mods, is capable of running at any resolution (and a massive amount of down-sampling), at 60 frames per second, has a mouse fix that makes it apparently playable with one, and can have those annoying xbox 360 button prompts replaced with either keyboard or ps3 icons. Oh yeah, it also has its own Nexus.

I know some may look at this with disdain because you have to use mods and patches to make it enjoyable; and I would say you really don't... it will just be blurry and require you to use a controller. Well you also have to use mods to make any Bethesda game's UI not fucking horrible in terms of size, except Morrowind. So I leave it at that.[/QUOTE]

I'm having a blast with Dark Souls (apparently, I've played 40 hours in the last two weeks and 72 hours total!), but I cannot recommend it due to it being such a shoddy port. I know the From Software told the PC crowd that it would be crappy since they have no experience with PCs, but that's not a good excuse. Also, it uses Games for Windows Live. I literally spent a couple of hours before even being able to play the game trying to set up an account and linking it, etc.

[quote name='MysterD']Did you try bumping up any AA effects through your video card's software panel (Nvidia Control Panel or ATI Catalyst Control Center)?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, and I can get that to work on most games but couldn't get any success with Hot Pursuit. I don't want to play it, I just bought it on PC cause it was cheap and I thought it'd look great considering my PS3 version already looked really nice. I was wrong. Burnout Paradise is my favorite car game of all time, but I sure don't trust Criterion when it comes to PC.

Even without the AA issue, to lock PCers out of DLC that they advertise for purchase in the PC store, it really sucks. One of those Burnout DLC cars is my favorite car in the whole game, I can go into the store on PC, look at the car, it's sitting right there in the game, but you can't buy it. They are built into the game but never activated for sale, it's very frustrating. And then there was the island expansion that never came to PC at all.

Anyway, I wasn't going to buy Most Wanted at launch so I'll wait and see how the PC version turns out. Maybe they'll impress me, but I doubt it.

[quote name='jatan11t']I'm having a blast with Dark Souls (apparently, I've played 40 hours in the last two weeks and 72 hours total!), but I cannot recommend it due to it being such a shoddy port. I know the From Software told the PC crowd that it would be crappy since they have no experience with PCs, but that's not a good excuse. Also, it uses Games for Windows Live. I literally spent a couple of hours before even being able to play the game trying to set up an account and linking it, etc.[/QUOTE]
That's strange. It takes me about 20 minutes to set up a Live account in a foreign language using a 360 controller (no keyboard!). I'm not sure how you took two hours... maybe you could share the problems you encountered to help others? :bouncy:

And don't forget to grab the resolution user mod for Dark Souls to run it in proper-like resolution, innit!

Despite getting to NG+ on one account and to the library on another on 360, and also having a lot of games like Borderlands 2 and Dragon's Dogma on my to-buy list, I couldn't hold out... I bought a $30 boxed copy of Dark Souls: Prepare to Die. :D And I'm SO HAPPY! In fact... what am I doing here? -> Dark Souls

[quote name='PenguinJim']That's strange. It takes me about 20 minutes to set up a Live account in a foreign language using a 360 controller (no keyboard!). I'm not sure how you took two hours... maybe you could share the problems you encountered to help others? :bouncy:

And don't forget to grab the resolution user mod for Dark Souls to run it in proper-like resolution, innit!

Despite getting to NG+ on one account and to the library on another on 360, and also having a lot of games like Borderlands 2 and Dragon's Dogma on my to-buy list, I couldn't hold out... I bought a $30 boxed copy of Dark Souls: Prepare to Die. :D And I'm SO HAPPY! In fact... what am I doing here? -> Dark Souls[/QUOTE]

So I already had a GFWL account from playing Fallout 3. The overlay in Dark Souls was so confusing for me for a bit - for some reason (can't recall why), the game made another account for me using my steam name, but refused to login to my real GFWL account. I kept getting the "you are not logged into GFWL so your game will start in offline mode" message. I didn't realize this until I went back into the client and noticed that the name I was logged into was completely different from my preassigned one on GFWL.

Dark Souls is quite addictive and is a very good game. But that's sort of like a really good book that is written in size 2 font, but you can't read it without using a microscope!

[quote name='KaOTiK']

Discussion on upcoming games

[/QUOTE]

I am looking forward to all of those as well. Though I have a feeling I will wait out Dishonored most likely until it drops to around $20 or so.

On top of those listed I really want Natural Selection 2. It is shaping up to be quite the game and the current beta feedback is stellar.

The Enhanced version of Baldur's Gate is also on my watch list.

On the note of upcoming titles, has anyone heard of Dungeon Gate?
It looks quite simplistic yet the short trailer and screenshots has got me intrigued.

I will also be picking up Halo 4 and Black Ops 2 on my 360 for multiplayer purposes with my buddies. The new Zombies is holding a lot of promise.

Games I'm looking forward to:
Prison Architect (could be a while)

Games I'm annoyed haven't been released already:
WWE Wrestlefest (it was due out in "Summer"!)

Games I've bought the alpha of but want to see the finished product before playing properly:
Project Zomboid
Desktop Dungeons

I've really been wanting to give Krater a whirl too, but then I thought about it, and decided that I'd rather find a Borderlands mod for Torchlight 2. ._.

I had XBL Gold since '05 launch of the 360 up until it broke in '10, so if its not Steam-compatible, I actually prefer it with GFWL. If its Steam and it has GFWL that's a bonus for me. But I know alotta people have issues with it.

[quote name='MC Kage']I had XBL Gold since '05 launch of the 360 up until it broke in '10, so if its not Steam-compatible, I actually prefer it with GFWL. If its Steam and it has GFWL that's a bonus for me. But I know alotta people have issues with it.[/QUOTE]
I have no problem with the idea of GFWL. It's just poorly implemented and buggy as hell. Plus some features while it makes sense on the 360 do not make sense on Windows. Having a portal that links 360 and PC cheevos and friends would be great, but it's just so poorly done I can't even seem to bother.

I don't know if smaller releases count, but I'm looking forward to Retro City Rampage and Mark of the Ninja on Steam :) I also have Project Zomboid alpha so that would be great once greenlit as well!

I've been looking forward to xcom for a while. One week to go before I can take my family and friends into the field and waste some alien scum. Also with Broly on Halo 4, every bit of information makes it sound better and better. The only other new release I'll get this year is AC3. Usually I buy 6-8 new releases each year around this time, but I'm taking it easy this year and working on the backlog.

Does anyone in here have experience with using two monitors on two graphics cards (not through sli/crossfire). I haven't really found a lot of info on whether my framerate would increase by incorporating a weaker card to power my second monitor including whatever I happen to be running on it.

I plugged in an old 7600gt alongside my 460gtx and ran the Lost Planet benchmark test, getting a framerate better than my previous run with just the 460. However, after I removed the 7600gt my frames increased in the benchmark. So now I'm not really sure whether getting a second card would be worth it.

[quote name='jatan11t']So I already had a GFWL account from playing Fallout 3. The overlay in Dark Souls was so confusing for me for a bit - for some reason (can't recall why), the game made another account for me using my steam name, but refused to login to my real GFWL account.[/QUOTE]
That's strange - I installed Dark Souls yesterday, and the first time I ran it GFWL popped up and asked me to sign in. I put in my GFWL email address and password. :whistle2:#

They must have fixed whatever happened to you to make it automatically make a Live account using a Steam username (a new GFWL problem for the list, certainly!).

So I knew nothing about Hell Yeah! at 11:30 AM. About 11:45 I own the game and I fucking can't wait to download it tomorrow. :lol:

I love good 2D platformers and they might just be my favorite genre of game. This looks both amusing and awesome.

[quote name='KaOTiK']So what games are you guys looking forward to with the end of the year game release zerg?[/QUOTE]

The simple answer is that I'm not.

I have so much to play that I've already picked up, and so much to play that I'd like to pick up, that I really am not spending any effort on looking to upcoming titles. When they're out, and well-regarded, and on sale, then I'll grab them.

Today's deal is Universe at War: Earth Assault at 75% off ($5)

Universe at War: Earth Assault is the next sci-fi real-time strategy game from Petroglyph, the award-winning studio comprised of team members that developed the original Command & Conquer and C&C: Red Alert.
Release Date: Dec 12, 2007

Midweek Madness

The Secret World $24.99 50% off

Elder Scrolls Collection $59.98 50% off includes below
Elder Scrolls 3 Morrowind GOTY $9.99 50% off
Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion GOTY $9.99 50% off
Elder Scrolls 5 Skyrim $35.99 40% off
Elder Scrolls 5 Skyrim Dawnguard $13.99 30% off

[quote name='KaOTiK']So what games are you guys looking forward to with the end of the year game release zerg? [/QUOTE]
Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Demon Rabbit
Dishonored
Darksiders II (got it for Wii-U)

If Dishonored is truly a Steampunk Deus Ex and is as good and as engaging as Deus Ex, hands down this will be my GOTY.

[quote name='plft']Does anyone in here have experience with using two monitors on two graphics cards (not through sli/crossfire). I haven't really found a lot of info on whether my framerate would increase by incorporating a weaker card to power my second monitor including whatever I happen to be running on it.

I plugged in an old 7600gt alongside my 460gtx and ran the Lost Planet benchmark test, getting a framerate better than my previous run with just the 460. However, after I removed the 7600gt my frames increased in the benchmark. So now I'm not really sure whether getting a second card would be worth it.[/QUOTE]

I know on some games,.like Batman Arkham city in the options menu, you can get a second weaker card to power JUST physX so the main card handles everything else.

Other than that seems like one screen of graphics would be sorely underpowered.

I read on kotaku that Morrowind just had a complete graphical overhaul od that brings it close modern graphics. Too bad my backlog makes it stupid to get hundreds of hours of more games right now

[quote name='6er'].

I know on some games,.like Batman Arkham city in the options menu, you can get a second weaker card to power JUST physX so the main card handles everything else.

Other than that seems like one screen of graphics would be sorely underpowered.

I read on kotaku that Morrowind just had a complete graphical overhaul od that brings it close modern graphics.[/QUOTE]
That's similar to what I want to do, except having the weaker card power everything but the game, while my main card can give everything to the game.

Personally I drive two displays off my GTX260. For gaming I disable the second display from the control panel. (I have laptop-on-the-side for any non-game needs.)

7600gt is too old for PhysX iirc (my previous gaming PC has a 7900gt)

[quote name='asheskitty']Personally I drive two displays off my GTX260. For gaming I disable the second display from the control panel. (I have laptop-on-the-side for any non-game needs.)

7600gt is too old for PhysX iirc (my previous gaming PC has a 7900gt)[/QUOTE]
I only used the 7600gt as a test to see if it would work for what I want to do. I would be picking up probably a 610gt as I need hdcp. Disabling my second monitor wouldn't work as I like to watch movies or put various messaging/internet on the other monitor while I play games.

PhysX wouldn't be my primary usage or maybe even at all.

Hmmm, just got Oblivion GOTY on the PS3 for like $5 and these were $5 during the Summer sale so I figure they will hit the price again during the winter.

Waiting for Secret World to go F2P.

[quote name='KaOTiK']Midweek Madness

The Secret World $24.99 50% off

Elder Scrolls Collection $59.98 50% off includes below
Elder Scrolls 3 Morrowind GOTY $9.99 50% off
Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion GOTY $9.99 50% off
Elder Scrolls 5 Skyrim $35.99 40% off
Elder Scrolls 5 Skyrim Dawnguard $13.99 30% off[/QUOTE]

I am really tempted to get dawnguard at that price. I've been wanting to play it. It was just hard to justify full price with borderlands 2 and torchlight 2 wanting to be played, but at 30% I am tempted.

Think it will go any lower to wintersale? And if so to what 50%?

I'm awfully tempted to grab the Elder Scrolls bundle. I've only been gaming on Steam for a few months and I've been waiting patiently for a deal. The only disappointing thing is that the bundle seems to include the regular GotY edition of Oblivion, and not the deluxe edition with all of the smaller DLC included. I may just wait for a better winter sale deal, but I'd hate to pass on this and then have there not be a Elder Scrolls deal again this year.

Grrr... I successfully fought off buying Secret World this weekend for that price directly from the SW site this weekend (they had a sale). I thought I was safe... I really liked the 3-5 day preview but am sure it's going to go FTP at some point... must.. resist...

Time to enter the wayback machine:

Just opened my old Orange Box retail box, and I saw it has two keys in it.

I think I only remember needing to use one? Anyway to test to see if other is good?

Edit, DOH I cann't seem to remember how to see my game key in my games library

[quote name='krevee']I am really tempted to get dawnguard at that price. I've been wanting to play it. It was just hard to justify full price with borderlands 2 and torchlight 2 wanting to be played, but at 30% I am tempted.

Think it will go any lower to wintersale? And if you to what 50%?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'd say 50% off during the next winter sale would be a good bet. I'd wait for that.

[quote name='krevee']I am really tempted to get dawnguard at that price. I've been wanting to play it. It was just hard to justify full price with borderlands 2 and torchlight 2 wanting to be played, but at 30% I am tempted.

Think it will go any lower to wintersale? And if so to what 50%?[/QUOTE]

Dawnguard was kind of a let down for me. I don't find it to be a DLC worth more than 10 dollars. I would wait for the winter sale... Torchlight 2 and Borderlands 2 are better!

screw it. I bought TSW for 50$ retail box not knowing it woud come to steam. I never used the key cause I wanted it on steam and thought they might let me use the key in steam.

But now for 25$ and a steam copy, I'm getting it. I want to play for the month of October!

A little late to the discussion, but as the majority here I'm also looking forward the most to Dishonored. I'm also intrigued by the new Assassins Creed. I don't want to pre-order because I want to save some money for the next few months and only spend with games on the Holiday sale (and eventual promo). It'll be tough, but I'll be strong (hopefully).

[quote name='terb73']Dawnguard was kind of a let down for me. I don't find it to be a DLC worth more than 10 dollars. I would wait for the winter sale... Torchlight 2 and Borderlands 2 are better![/QUOTE]

What didn't you like about it? I just didn't pick it up right away because I had so much else to play, and after I point I figured I would wait for a sale.

This Elder Scrolls sale just isn't doing it for me. The Bethesda bundle a few months back was a much better value when it included pretty much all of their games (Elder Scrolls and Fallout) and DLC for $99.

I'm looking to eventually pick up Skyrim for PC (I pumped a ton of hours into it on 360 before I built my gaming PC) but I think I'm going to hold off for the GOTY edition at this point unless there's some absurd deal on it during the Steam holiday sale.

I think I'm also just hesitant to make an impulse buy right now because I'm too busy playing Borderlands 2. That game is making a run at Skyrim for my most played game of the year.

This is just wishful thinking, but is there any chance the Elder Scrolls bundle comes with separate activations? Might make just grabbing Skyrim and the DLC cheaper than alone if they can be traded out of the bundle...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back