The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone idled with SAM on Red Orchestra or other VAC games? I don't want to push the limits.
I accidentally idled one for 10mins before I saw in the store page that its a VAC game. I didnt get a ban in that time but I dont want to chance it.

-------

About Batman Origins, is the chars facial expression really missing and have horrible lip movements?

PCGAMER - Call of Duty: Ghosts system requirements released officially, 64 bit OS required

CPU: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E8200 2.66 GHZ / AMD Phenom™ X3 8750 2.4 GHZ or better
Memory: 6 GB RAM

Hard Disk Space: 40 GB
Video: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTS 450 / ATI® Radeon™ HD 5870 or better
Sound: DirectX compatible sound card
DirectX®: DirectX® 11
Internet: Broadband Internet connection for Steam and Online Multiplayer.

PCGAMER - Call of Duty: Ghosts system requirements released officially, 64 bit OS required

Not bad, although I wasn't expecting a dog simulator to have high requirements anyway.

I bought Narco Terror and this game is stupid awesome stupid. I get the feeling that the dev team grew up watching the same b-movie action flicks I did. :D

Unfortunately I got a two pack and gave one to a friend, but the game doesn't support Windows XP. :(

4k? I hope that gtx 770 2GB I wanna buy is capable of maxing out AC4 and Batman. I guess I don't know 4k, I thought it meant massive textures that might require more than 2GB of vram. I want the best textures!

Damn, I was actually tempted to pre order Narco Terror. Definitely in for a two pack and getting the motorbike game once I list some of these cardz.
Ah you made me look and I see there is some sort of red rock track. Now I have to buy. Bad fox! Very bad!

I was just reading some reports, they have discovered that Deus Ex HR Director's Cut is based on an old version of the original game, there are things present in the DC that were patched later on in the original. This would/could explain shitty performance that some people are experiencing. Why the hell would they do something like this?

I was just reading some reports, they have discovered that Deus Ex HR Director's Cut is based on an old version of the original game, there are things present in the DC that were patched later on in the original. This would/could explain shitty performance that some people are experiencing. Why the hell would they do something like this?
I read that yesterday. They did it as a lazy cash grab, it's obvious they don't give a crap about how it performs.

I hope it gets patched, but didn't it take months for the old version to get patched?

They need to milk that cow. I won't be buying that DC version, already have the full version.

I read that yesterday. They did it as a lazy cash grab, it's obvious they don't give a crap about how it performs.

I hope it gets patched, but didn't it take months for the old version to get patched?
On the plus side, a bunch of people who never bought the game before got it gifted to them for $5. :razz:

But yeah this whole thing was super lame and all the apologists who made excuses for them to do a paid patch on an old version of the game deserve to be flogged.
deadhorsebeat_4.gif

4k? I hope that gtx 770 2GB I wanna buy is capable of maxing out AC4 and Batman. I guess I don't know 4k, I thought it meant massive textures that might require more than 2GB of vram. I want the best textures!
4K - as in 3840x2160 resolution. This is namely to support for 31.5'' monitors/HDTV's (32'' inch).

This is way more screen than what you'd get out of 1920x1080 (which is the current PC standard). Let's not even get into how far current-gen consoles are behind in this ballpark. The next consoles (XB1 and PS4) should help us PC gamers more often get better quality textures, as the standard will be raised when those drop (consoles = lowest common denominator).

Most assets/textures these days - even on the PC version - are compressed down to holy hell just so they can fit on less DVD's/BR discs and/or so they ain't blowing-up your downloads times. Ask John Carmack about this, as supposedly he's got 1TB worth of source files for RAGE PC! The industry is trying to get away from this ridiculous rate of compression - as this is what causes all kinds of pixelation and muddy-ness in textures. And, I'm sure artists who work at those high-pixels will feel better when they're textures ain't so muddy.

And if Steam wants to take over living rooms (w/ SteamMachines) - where it's likely console-gamers have much bigger HDTV's than what us PC gamers use for monitors - upping texture-quality and resolution quality w/ new consoles coming makes tons of sense.

Just right now...it ain't gonna make a lot of sense to the consumer b/c it's ahead of its time. I saw a 4K HDTV at Best Buy the other day - $4000. I read an article from PC Gamer that 4K monitors go around for $3500. There's nothing of much broadcasting on HDTV's is at 4K level (heck, not everything's in 1080p - a lot is still in 720p) and most PC games are still supporting 1920x1080 for a resolution (1080p).

The same reason they're charging $50 for the Wii version: DA CASH.

That doesn't explain it tho, if they just started with the latest patched version of the game they would have a better product and wouldn't have to spend any more time patching or re-patching the DC. Even if they don't patch DC, it still makes no sense to start with an ancient version of the game. They already spend time and money to patch it in the first place, that work has already been done.

Well this pisses me off. I thought this would be the "definitive" version of the game. They BETTER patch that shizz.

So the US apparently got shafted on the Who Wants to Be A Millionaire sale. The US license was only recently acquired by Deep Silver so it's a 'new release' for us. Also there may be some licensing issues with some of the DLC like the Star Trek one.

It's 75% off everywhere else including DLC. Aus/NZ seems to be about the cheapest besides Russia. There's a 4 pack too.

[quote name="louiedog" post="11159567" timestamp="1382652913"]
Enslavedis up for $19.99.[/quote]Awesome. Going to wait for some news on performance.

Australia getting a good deal on anything? Now I've seen it all!

What happened with the recent sale of the Amalur IP? Oh it's not til Nov 14.

40 GB? Is that all just for textures? Someone more technically inclined please explain this to me.

Weaksauce. Glad I paid for this with Gaben bucks.

4K - as in 3840x2160 resolution. This is namely to support for 31.5'' monitors/HDTV's (32'' inch).

This is way more screen than what you'd get out of 1920x1080 (which is the current PC standard). Let's not even get into how far current-gen consoles are behind in this ballpark. The next consoles (XB1 and PS4) should help us PC gamers more often get better quality textures, as the standard will be raised when those drop (consoles = lowest common denominator).

Most assets/textures these days - even on the PC version - are compressed down to holy hell just so they can fit on less DVD's/BR discs and/or so they ain't blowing-up your downloads times. Ask John Carmack about this, as supposedly he's got 1TB worth of source files for RAGE PC! The industry is trying to get away from this ridiculous rate of compression - as this is what causes all kinds of pixelation and muddy-ness in textures. And, I'm sure artists who work at those high-pixels will feel better when they're textures ain't so muddy.

And if Steam wants to take over living rooms (w/ SteamMachines) - where it's likely console-gamers have much bigger HDTV's than what us PC gamers use for monitors - upping texture-quality and resolution quality w/ new consoles coming makes tons of sense.

Just right now...it ain't gonna make a lot of sense to the consumer b/c it's ahead of its time. I saw a 4K HDTV at Best Buy the other day - $4000. I read an article from PC Gamer that 4K monitors go around for $3500. There's nothing of much broadcasting on HDTV's is at 4K level (heck, not everything's in 1080p - a lot is still in 720p) and most PC games are still supporting 1920x1080 for a resolution (1080p).
And Ether Vapor Remaster, which I acquired in the Indiegala bundle today, apparently doesn't even support 1080p. Yuck...

Enslaved is up for $19.99.
Gotta love $20 MSRPs on new (old) releases! 75% off sale here I come.

steam just threw 15 extra hours on top of all my playtimes for every game i've ever launched

weird

Steam seams to be adding playtime to every game launched for every hour you have steam open. If you look at it again it should show more hours unless you have restarted steam lately.

Well fuck, Square Enix just scammed me out of my gaben steam bucks. That'll teach me not to buy games with them and use them instead to buy bacon and moonshine.

Amazon gets its jive-azz handed to it once again.

Is that like a new DRM client? Steam,Origin, Uplay...and tebow!

It restricts your access to the games by all the menus being completely indecipherable

Tebow is everything.

Execpt GOD.

Tebow is merely GOD's son.

I bought Narco Terror and this game is stupid awesome stupid. I get the feeling that the dev team grew up watching the same b-movie action flicks I did. :D

Unfortunately I got a two pack and gave one to a friend, but the game doesn't support Windows XP. :(
Just checked this out and I'm afraid they had me at twin sticks and local coop. Who wants to split a two pack with me?

May I ask that other people post news besides myself, Poter and [you know who you are]?

Actually, fuck asking.

POTER PARKER COMMANDS YOU

Too bad it has that shitty Rockstar Social Club DRM and Ironwrap DRM. Not even worth $12 to deal with that shit.

Max Payne 3? Believe me, it's worth. That game is really awesome, über-fun. You can wait for it to be $5 too, maybe a month or two ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back