The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
I call :bs: on the Valve employee, since I've idled two games at once many times (one in Steam, one in SAM) and gotten each game's drops simultaneously at reasonable intervals. I've also idled a single game and had no drops for 2 hours.

I just say "fucking totally random".
My only point to those complaining was that there is evidence to suggest idling multiple games matters. If they aren't getting drops with multiple games, try idling fewer or even a single one for different results. I believe Fox's counterpoint was that even if it is part of the mysterious algorithm, there are so many other variables at play, it doesn't really matter.

Words on a forum, be they yours, mine, fox's or a supposed Valve employee are just that. By all means, do what works for you.

weed_zpsdc2d9699.png

Bendix: New Crop of Cards Smokes Old One

NEW US Hits Great Barrier Reef, Water Mitigates Damage

Post #420 if you're dyslexic

I'm holding out for :robotunicorn:. So much more versatile ;)

Is that anything like a :blooddragon:?

I'm waiting for :buttstallion:

The second season is already scheduled, and the current in game event deals with putting a character from the game into the show next season.

My guess is that they saw how well the game sold at $10 during the Summer Sale and thought "Why don't we just set the MSRP at $10 all the time?", and perhaps sales will be few and far between now.
I hope so, otherwise I just spent 10$ on a dying game. maybe with it being 10$ though tons of new people will buy into it and it wont be dying kind of like the secret world which was dying before their switch.

I hope so, otherwise I just spent 10$ on a dying game. maybe with it being 10$ though tons of new people will buy into it and it wont be dying kind of like the secret world which was dying before their switch.
Even if the game has no new updates, $10 for the content that's already in Defiance is not bad.

Even if the game has no new updates, $10 for the content that's already in Defiance is not bad.
There will be updates and new content. Those come in line with the show's episodes. Missions and whatnot are added that correspond with events in the show, and second season is already confirmed.

Argh. I picked up Defiance as well as The Secret World in the Summer sale, now I'm torn about which one to get into first. Decisions, decisions... and I need to keep building my Euro Truck (Simulator 2) Empire. Things aren't going so well yet, I had to place my only employee on furlough.

(kidding, but that would be funny in a video game)

[File this post under: First world game multitasking problems]

Argh. I picked up Defiance as well as The Secret World in the Summer sale, now I'm torn about which one to get into first. Decisions, decisions... and I need to keep building my Euro Truck (Simulator 2) Empire. Things aren't going so well yet, I had to place my only employee on furlough.

(kidding, but that would be funny in a video game)

[File this post under: First world game multitasking problems]
From now till the 30th you can do all the limited time episodic missions in Defiance to catch up, so I'd say do those first.

There will be updates and new content. Those come in line with the show's episodes. Missions and whatnot are added that correspond with events in the show, and second season is already confirmed.
I wasn't saying there wouldn't be, I was just saying for $10 what you get is already good.

Now, I've been thinking all day...

Wouldn't it ACTUALLY be better to get all your badges initially to 1 so you can up your lvl?  That way you have better chances of pulling packs (therefore better chances of getting foils).

I mean.. you guys go a bit overboard on the foils/.30 thing but I'm thinking that you could increase your overall throughput with a bit of effort on this side to make it up on the back end.  Most cards are somewhere from .10-.40.  A single foil pays for 3-4 cards+.

Hmm, just got a Surgeon Simulator Booster. Should I open it and sell the contents or sell it directly? I don't wanna craft that badge.

Now, I've been thinking all day...

Wouldn't it ACTUALLY be better to get all your badges initially to 1 so you can up your lvl? That way you have better chances of pulling packs (therefore better chances of getting foils).

I mean.. you guys go a bit overboard on the foils/.30 thing but I'm thinking that you could increase your overall throughput with a bit of effort on this side to make it up on the back end. Most cards are somewhere from .10-.40. A single foil pays for 3-4 cards+.
depends on how much the cards sell for, if it 10-15 cents level badge. if it 30 cents+ sell it, each badge first tier is only 100xp but if you craft the cheaper badge 10-15 cents 5 times, it cheaper overall an same xp 100 per level

Hmm, just got a Surgeon Simulator Booster. Should I open it and sell the contents or sell it directly? I don't wanna craft that badge.
If the booster only sells for 10 cents or so more than the cards individually, open it. If it's worth a good bit more than the cards individually, sell it.

Did anyone else receive a free Steam gift for Gun Monkeys?  I just had one pop up in my inventory for some reason.  I thought it was a booster, but maybe this is better?

Did anyone else receive a free Steam gift for Gun Monkeys? I just had one pop up in my inventory for some reason. I thought it was a booster, but maybe this is better?
They dropped the price and made it only available as a 2-pack today. Everyone who already bought it got an extra copy in their inventory or two if they bought a 2-pack.

Sweet, just sold my Beat Hazard Miner foil for $3.40. They were down to like $1 last night. Glad to see some prices rising =0

I think it's a bit ridiculous (re: lame) that Steam dropped the price on Ys Origin more than they did during the Summer Sale.  My bro waited until the last day to pick it up for $11.99 only to see it drop to $6.79 today.  Not cool, Steam.

I think it's a bit ridiculous (re: lame) that Steam dropped the price on Ys Origin more than they did during the Summer Sale. My bro waited until the last day to pick it up for $11.99 only to see it drop to $6.79 today. Not cool, Steam.
I'm pretty sure it was at -66% at the same time YS 1&2 was a flash deal.

I think it's a bit ridiculous (re: lame) that Steam dropped the price on Ys Origin more than they did during the Summer Sale. My bro waited until the last day to pick it up for $11.99 only to see it drop to $6.79 today. Not cool, Steam.
It was a flash deal during the summer sale for $6.79..

Always check the entire franchise whenever one game is discounted during a flash/daily/community vote deal. Most times, an entire series is discounted during them.

Can anyone confirm if you buy Kentucky Route Zero through their site, you receive the soundtrack? it says it on their site and it also says the steam key also has the ost... so does the steam version include the ost? I was just wanting to make sure before I bought...However I will most likely but it from their site though despite adding a fresh steam card to my account to give the devs more money.  :)

They dropped the price and made it only available as a 2-pack today. Everyone who already bought it got an extra copy in their inventory or two if they bought a 2-pack.
The developers overvalued their game from the start. It's a very simplistic multi-player only platformer/death match. The road to hell is paved with the corpses of multi-player only indie games whose devs thought they really had something this time! The server/connectivity issues it had at release didn't do them any favors, either.

Sorry idiotekque, I gave the game away already :( honestly I tried to get into it when I first got it (and cards were actually worth something) but I wasn't too impressed. Plus I bought they bleed pixels from gmg near the same time and I had way more fun with that game so I eventually forgot about the monkeys :)

Sorry idiotekque, I gave the game away already :( honestly I tried to get into it when I first got it (and cards were actually worth something) but I wasn't too impressed. Plus I bought they bleed pixels from gmg near the same time and I had way more fun with that game so I eventually forgot about the monkeys :)
Noooooooo, I turn you onto the greatest platformer of the current era and this is how you repay me?

seppuku-o.gif

Took me 23 hours, but I have finished the SP campaign w/ 78% completion on #TombRaider 2013.
Awesome game.
I remember playing that game! Played it on the day of a party, when trying to move my chair, my Xbox crashed onto the ground. My memory unit got the blunt of it. I said goodbye to all of my xbox save data :( luckily Tomb Raiders save was fine :lol:

Pro tip: don't choose the shotgunner in defiance took me like 10 tries to kill the first mini boss 1 hour into the game.

Pro tip: don't choose the shotgunner in defiance took me like 10 tries to kill the first mini boss 1 hour into the game.
Hm, my first character was a shotgunner mainly and I didn't have a problem. What miniboss was this?

There are no classes though. You just got started with a shotgun. You have other weapons from missions and drops. You didn't use those?

Yea, I was an exclusive shotgunner in Defiance.  I believe the boss you're referring to is the one that comes out of the bunker at the top of the hill?  In like a base?  With a mini-gun/mortar?  I'm pretty sure I got above him and Death-From-Aboved him. 

Yea, I was an exclusive shotgunner in Defiance. I believe the boss you're referring to is the one that comes out of the bunker at the top of the hill? In like a base? With a mini-gun/mortar? I'm pretty sure I got above him and Death-From-Aboved him.
Oh, is that the first Bioman you fight? He has a lot of HP, so running up to him with a shotgun probably isn't the best strategy. It's good to use different guns for different jobs, and since you can equip two at a time, that's more a job for an AR or something (even a pistol). You could always bullrush him and finish him off with a shotgun when he's close to death.

Kentucky Strike Zero has FIVE Acts!? Act 1 and 2 are out now, but there are still 3 more to drop over the coming year. Wow, I had no idea. I doubt it gets lower before the Winter sale. Hmm.

Hm, my first character was a shotgunner mainly and I didn't have a problem. What miniboss was this?

There are no classes though. You just got started with a shotgun. You have other weapons from missions and drops. You didn't use those?
Oh now I feel blonde thought I was stuck with a shotgun just now switched to a shotgun and a lmg I found, can you change your ego power or are you stuck with the one you picked?

Yea, I was an exclusive shotgunner in Defiance. I believe the boss you're referring to is the one that comes out of the bunker at the top of the hill? In like a base? With a mini-gun/mortar? I'm pretty sure I got above him and Death-From-Aboved him.
Yep that was the boss I was talking about, ya only having a shotgun and fighting him was a serious pain as minions keep spawning but also as one blast knocks all your shields off.

But overall enjoying the game so far well worth the 10$

Oh now I feel blonde thought I was stuck with a shotgun just now switched to a shotgun and a lmg I found, can you change your ego power or are you stuck with the one you picked?
Yup, there are no classes in this game. You can use any weapon and build up any skills. Your initial choices are only cosmetic and give you a starting weapon and ability.

And sorry, but this is necessary.

Oh now I feel blonde

photo-139978.png

My idling Iditarod just reached a chilling conclusion -- I only needed 4 toes amputated...

[customspoiler='don't']... on each foot ...[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler='commit']... but I only had seven toes to begin with... [/customspoiler]

[customspoiler='to this']... so the doc just hacked my dick off to reconcile his prognosis and save face.[/customspoiler]

Started immediately when the 32 games added card support. Exhausted all my drops 45 minutes ago. Fun.

I think I'm gonna remove my PSN profile from my CAG sig. I wish you could select not to post the sig from within quick reply, I always used to choose No on the old CAG. What is the best site for making Steam profile pics?
lol as I was about to suggest steamsignature.com
sXXN3Wi.png
Good looks! I had a grimey-azz status-card and now, finally, that burden is gone.

[customspoiler='cool']Snakes and squirrels can collab' without somebody catchin' feelings. Ain't that somthin'?[/customspoiler]

You need to be more empirical if you become jaded that easily.

[customspoiler='don't']History repeats itself like a broken record that only plays stuttering Hindu-parrots singing "happy birthday" to each other vis-a-vis in a closet because their owner only allows them to exist as conversation pieces. Fcuk is wrong wit u?[/customspoiler]

I haven't had any problems with the Trials Port.

Well no techinical problems. I do have one problem. The community is focused on making custom maps but to play some of the custom maps you have to complete a lot of the singleplayer to unlock a certain bike. If not, you can't play the map. This sucks because the later levels get hard as hell.

Just wait.. there's a couple of speed trials coming up in your Defiance career that I banged my head on repeatedly until I got through it.  I'm more of a bull rush using strength kinda person... even IRL.  It often helps to be big, speedy, and strong.  :)

Did anyone else receive a free Steam gift for Gun Monkeys? I just had one pop up in my inventory for some reason. I thought it was a booster, but maybe this is better?
They recently dropped the price and made it so all buyers get two copies (they desperately need more people in MP). Today they gave all previous owners the extra gift copy.

The developers overvalued their game from the start. It's a very simplistic multi-player only platformer/death match. The road to hell is paved with the corpses of multi-player only indie games whose devs thought they really had something this time! The server/connectivity issues it had at release didn't do them any favors, either.
Agreed. I saw the story about the price drop, got interested, read a couple of reviews and decided I wasn't even remotely interested. In fact, I'll be disappointed if it shows up in a bundle at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back