The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone else have problems downloading stuff from Origin servers? I've been downloading the ME 3 Citadel DLC for about 8 hours now because my transfer rate is capped at 61Kb/sec. Even on my new slower internet through AT&T, I usually get a downstream rate of 300-400 on Steam.

Thanks for reminding me to DL Origin. Been adding all my old clients after my comp got fixed. Went ahead and redeemed my Burnout DLC code from Amazon and started DLing. Speeds are ranging from .5 MB to 1.7 MB so maybe it's specific to that DLC. Was it just released? Maybe a lot of server load.

Re: Fish. He's an attention whore. This whole thing is probably engineered to get him more attention/publicity for Fez 2. Fez itself (like Jonathan Blow's Braid) is grossly overrated. There are no shortage of quaint retro platformers with some wacky gimmick. It's an overcrowded and cliched genre. Fish has to do this to distinguish himself from the pack.

And in the off chance it's not an act than the man actually is a condescending jerk and deserves whatever misery he suffers: you reap what you sew.
At first, I thought, "yeah, he's an asshole." But the patterns of his behavior and seeing him in IGtM make me think he's got some actual psychological issues that he needs help with. It's easy to cast him as a villain, and yes, he says some very abrasive things, but to me it's pretty clear that what he needs is a lot of therapy.

You should watch IGTM, not to see what a nut Fish is..but its not a bad documentary. The Team Meat guys actually seem pretty cool..at least Edmund does...his partner looks like he doesnt get out much
I haven't bought/seen IGTM because I guess I just don't care that much about game developers. Seeing how insane some people get about certain developers or publishers -- pro or con -- just makes me scratch my head and think "We're still talking about video games, right?". I don't so much mean in this thread, but you don't have to travel much to see people flip their shit over EA/Bioware, Bethesda, Valve, etc.

I don't really have any thoughts on Fish (aside from this instance where he seems to be throwing a big ole princess tizzy-fit) but haven't bought Fez because the Youtube footage looked pretty boring and it looks exactly like the kind of game I'd find interesting for a half hour and then never touch again once the novelty of the gimmick wears off.

I haven't seen much of Phil Fish and still haven't seen IGTM. That said, my general policy is that if a person consistently rubs others the wrong way, it's much more likely something that person is doing rather than some huge misunderstanding or persecution.
I think this is usually a pretty solid mindset to have when dealing with people you might meet in the real world.

But this is the internet, and sometimes, yeah, I think it's the group of rage-filled assholes rather than the person being targeted that's at fault or being unreasonable.

Not a comment on Fish.

Just a comment on the Internet, and that in my experience the angrier people are about something in Internet communities, the less valid that anger probably is.

was surprised this hasn't already been brought up. Honestly none of this really surprises me. I don't by any means hate the man, but agree with just about everyone that he really needs to grow up. Watching IGTM it really becomes abundantly clear that he has just been too far from society for too long and could use some serious help. I don't really have anything to say that hasn't already been said, but this is really completely ridiculous :headache:
I just got done watching IGTM last night and I didn't really come away from it hating Fish like everyone else seems to (don't get me wrong the guy is still a giant douche due to the stuff he has said outside of the movie). I actually came away from it disliking Jonathon Blow a lot more. I thought he came off as pretentious as fuck. I actually really like Braid too. I didn't like how he felt compelled to go post on every site that mentioned his game trying to correct people and for some reason it bugged me when he said he couldn't just be happy that people enjoyed his game. They had to enjoy it for the "right" :roll: reasons. I thought The Team Meat guys came off looking OK. They were a little bit arrogant and drama queen-esque but it seemed like they at least really wanted to make something that was good.

At first, I thought, "yeah, he's an asshole." But the patterns of his behavior and seeing him in IGtM make me think he's got some actual psychological issues that he needs help with. It's easy to cast him as a villain, and yes, he says some very abrasive things, but to me it's pretty clear that what he needs is a lot of therapy.
Mental health issues are definitely something that I think plays a role in a lot of personality perceptions, both online and in real life. I can't really speak on it from any informed perspective, but it can definitely play a role. You also have to consider though that some people might choose to just be who they are even if they recognize they need help.

I haven't bought/seen IGTM because I guess I just don't care that much about game developers. Seeing how insane some people get about certain developers or publishers -- pro or con -- just makes me scratch my head and think "We're still talking about video games, right?". I don't so much mean in this thread, but you don't have to travel much to see people flip their shit over EA/Bioware, Bethesda, Valve, etc.

I don't really have any thoughts on Fish (aside from this instance where he seems to be throwing a big ole princess tizzy-fit) but haven't bought Fez because the Youtube footage looked pretty boring and it looks exactly like the kind of game I'd find interesting for a half hour and then never touch again once the novelty of the gimmick wears off.

I think this is usually a pretty solid mindset to have when dealing with people you might meet in the real world.

But this is the internet, and sometimes, yeah, I think it's the group of rage-filled assholes rather than the person being targeted that's at fault or being unreasonable.

Not a comment on Fish.

Just a comment on the Internet, and that in my experience the angrier people are about something in Internet communities, the less valid that anger probably is.

Oh yeah, internet rage definitely takes things to unreasonable places sometimes. We've all seen irrational rage towards Steam, Origin, Amazon, WarZ, etc...

LvA1DLt.jpg

After watching this video during GDC with Ryan Davis (RIP dude) I can't be mad at the guy :)

I thought The Team Meat guys came off looking OK. They were a little bit arrogant and drama queen-esque but it seemed like they at least really wanted to make something that was good.
I don't really know where that vibe (arrogance, drama-queen, etc.) came from for you.

How angry they were about the Xbox Marketplace not having promotions up for their game, maybe?

That's a pretty common complaint of Microsoft, and if I were an indie dev that just poured 3 years of my life into a project and agreed to publish it exclusively on a platform because I was promised inclusion in a big promotion (XBLA Game Feast), then on release day woke up to it seemingly sent out to die without any storefront marketing, I would also be pissed off.

I don't really know where that vibe (arrogance, drama-queen, etc.) came from for you.

How angry they were about the Xbox Marketplace not having promotions up for their game, maybe?

That's a pretty common complaint of Microsoft, and if I were an indie dev that just poured 3 years of my life into a project and agreed to publish it exclusively on a platform because I was promised inclusion in a big promotion (XBLA Game Feast), then on release day woke up to it seemingly sent out to die without any storefront marketing, I would also be pissed off.
No it wasn't that. I totally agree with them for being upset about that, although why they sent an email instead of calling someone up I didn't really get. It was more about how they talked about only wanting to make games for themselves. I also got the vibe that they thought their stuff was far superior to most all of the other games on the market. I didn't hate them or anything, they just gave off an arrogant vibe to me. Like they were superior to most all other developers. Tommy also came off as kind of aloof, so that's probably part of it too.

Only one question, why not the twitter rage going on over patching COD BO2? I found a tumblr page full of the twitter feeds, and Jeebes it's scary. Hating a single man (who may not have even be a cause of it) getting some extremely fuck ed up posts just because of a few snipers. I love Call of Duty as much as the next guy here (hopefully he's indifferent) but I absolutely adore the community :roll:

Only one question, why not the twitter rage going on over patching COD BO2? I found a tumblr page full of the twitter feeds, and Jeebes it's scary. Hating a single man (who may not have even be a cause of it) getting some extremely fuck ed up posts just because of a few snipers. I love Call of Duty as much as the next guy here (hopefully he's indifferent) but I absolutely adore the community :roll:

Just heard about this when you posted it. Looked it up and am not surprised. People who can hide behind the relative anonymity of the internet will act like that more often than not. It just seems like a slight change to make MP more fair. They should be happy the devs care enough to do that stuff.

It's really no different than the comments section or twitter rage over a lot of other stuff.

Just heard about this when you posted it. Looked it up and am not surprised. People who can hide behind the relative anonymity of the internet will act like that more often than not. It just seems like a slight change to make MP more fair. They should be happy the devs care enough to do that stuff.

It's really no different than the comments section
or twitter rage over a lot of other stuff.
It's just hearing all of it makes me sick :p people have no decency. I'm not going to state what some have said, but it's just wrong

It's just hearing all of it makes me sick :p people have no decency. I'm not going to state what some have said, but it's just wrong
I couldn't find any screencaps and didn't go out of my way to, but I don't doubt people said some sick, disturbing things. Probably the same sad lonely people who say those things during online play.

Is it weird I was never one for shit talking online like ever? And I played lots of Warcraft 3 and Starcraft 2 and man do you get some crazies saying some disgusting things to you. Almost always my only chat would be GL HF then GG at the end of the game.

Now for LAN games or 007 on the N64 or any Super Smash I wouldn't necessarily shit talk. More like shout obscenities when I'm losing.

Do you guys find you're trash talkers when playing games? I'm curious as to why some people do it. (Also prob a big reason I never got into MOBA's cause of the toxic communities.)

edit: Also is it me or did everyones feedback numbers dissappear? Just says 100% feedback for everyone now.

Is it weird I was never one for shit talking online like ever? And I played lots of Warcraft 3 and Starcraft 2 and man do you get some crazies saying some disgusting things to you. Almost always my only chat would be GL HF then GG at the end of the game.

Now for LAN games or 007 on the N64 or any Super Smash I wouldn't necessarily shit talk. More like shout obscenities when I'm losing.

Do you guys find you're trash talkers when playing games? I'm curious as to why some people do it. (Also prob a big reason I never got into MOBA's cause of the toxic communities.)

edit: Also is it me or did everyones feedback numbers dissappear? Just says 100% feedback for everyone now.
What I've always found weirder is how upset people get if you try to have a conversation in a match that isn't trash talk.

If you try to make small talk a lot of people get angry/upset or just plain weirded out.

I just play with people I know at this point. Why play with people if you can't have a conversation?

And finally finished idling all my games.  50 odd games idled, 200+ card drops and of course 0 foils.  I picked up one foil from crafting a badge before the sale and that was it.  Mildly disappointing, but hey now I have more opportunities for boosters... which I'll probably just sell because I've given up on foils.

And finally finished idling all my games. 50 odd games idled, 200+ card drops and of course 0 foils. I picked up one foil from crafting a badge before the sale and that was it. Mildly disappointing, but hey now I have more opportunities for boosters... which I'll probably just sell because I've given up on foils.
It makes me wonder what the actual percentage chance for a foil is. I've acquired ~270 cards so far via idling and the Summer Sale without getting a foil.

My wife and I have probably gotten about four foils between our two accounts.  It's not something we're eagerly hoping to see happen, but it feels like a nice bonus when it does, even though it usually means an extra week or so to cash out on it.

I extend a few obscenities at myself, but not at others, it's my own damn fault why I'm losing, they're playing for their own good reasons ;)

I got two cheap foils on Friday when I was idling a ton of games.  1 for Costume Quest and 1 for SPAZ.  Within hours, it was just weird.  I don't usually talk crap online.  I've done it on occasion playing some online sports matches, but only after the other guy started talking trash, being an obnoxious jerk, and then I started soundly beating them.  Just couldn't resist rubbing it in their face. 

Has anybody posted the new Groupees bundle yet? Don't recall seeing it discussed here.  Any thoughts on these games?

Also, I'm thinking about getting into the Disciples games.  I haven't played any of them but HOMM and King's Bounty are some of my favorite series.  Anyone want to chime in with their thoughts on Disciples and which one to start with? III: Renaissance is in a Bundlestar bundle right now.

Regarding foils, I've gotten two in about 200 drops.  Unfortunately they were both the same Fallen Enchantress card.  When I first got them there were only two others, both priced around $8 and not selling.  Now there are about 13, mostly priced between $2-3 and still not selling.  Just my luck to get foils for a game with 15 cards...

That sucks, but at least its only 3-4 days. I used paypal to add Steam Wallet during the Steam sale for the first time and it was a full weak lock out for me.

And where is incredipede for $1.99?

I really do hope these all eventually show up as dailies. I'm liking the trend of better prices on dailies after the Steam sale.
indiegamestand maybe? $1? :)

They're doing you a favor by preventing you from buying obvious Bundle fodder for $2 standalone!
crap it'll probably be indieroyale with my luck, I can't buy any of their bundles until they bring back prebuying.

Does anyone else have problems downloading stuff from Origin servers? I've been downloading the ME 3 Citadel DLC for about 8 hours now because my transfer rate is capped at 61Kb/sec. Even on my new slower internet through AT&T, I usually get a downstream rate of 300-400 on Steam.
always, one of the reasons and bad sale prices being the other why I prefer not to use Origin.

Mental health issues are definitely something that I think plays a role in a lot of personality perceptions, both online and in real life. I can't really speak on it from any informed perspective, but it can definitely play a role. You also have to consider though that some people might choose to just be who they are even if they recognize they need help.

Oh yeah, internet rage definitely takes things to unreasonable places sometimes. We've all seen irrational rage towards Steam, Origin, Amazon, WarZ, etc...
... ,the mods.

Also, I'm thinking about getting into the Disciples games. I haven't played any of them but HOMM and King's Bounty are some of my favorite series. Anyone want to chime in with their thoughts on Disciples and which one to start with? III: Renaissance is in a Bundlestar bundle right now.
From the couple reviews on Gamefly, there are a lot of bad and some good reviews. The ones that compare it to King's Bounty and HOMM say that KB is way better. I might have to give HOMM and King's Bounty a shot. Which HOMM would you recommend? The 1st, 3rd, and 5th ones are free.

Has anybody posted the new Groupees bundle yet? Don't recall seeing it discussed here. Any thoughts on these games?

Also, I'm thinking about getting into the Disciples games. I haven't played any of them but HOMM and King's Bounty are some of my favorite series. Anyone want to chime in with their thoughts on Disciples and which one to start with? III: Renaissance is in a Bundlestar bundle right now.

Regarding foils, I've gotten two in about 200 drops. Unfortunately they were both the same Fallen Enchantress card. When I first got them there were only two others, both priced around $8 and not selling. Now there are about 13, mostly priced between $2-3 and still not selling. Just my luck to get foils for a game with 15 cards...
I haven't played Disciples yet, but I have researched them somewhat and I learned something interesting I thought was worth sharing about Disciples III.

Disciples III: Renaissance and Resurrection (both featured in BundleStars) were pretty much hated by the series' fanbase for various reasons. However, there is a repackaged version of Disciples III, called "Reincarnation" that includes all the content of Renaissance/Resurrection but also rebalances the gameplay heavily to be more like Disciples 1 & 2. Most reviewers (what few I can find) seem to have greatly appreciated the changes.

Now for the wacky part: even though it's a Steamworks title, you can only buy it from GamersGate.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-D3REIN/disciples-reincarnation

While I doubt Renaissance/Resurrection are THAT bad, it might be wiser to just get this version instead. It was apparently on sale for 75% off at one point not too long ago, so hopefully it will be again soon. Plus you get to have this cool "secret" game in your Steam collection. ;) Of course even at 75% off it's quite a bit more expensive than the BundleStars deal!

From the couple reviews on Gamefly, there are a lot of bad and some good reviews. The ones that compare it to King's Bounty and HOMM say that KB is way better. I might have to give HOMM and King's Bounty a shot. Which HOMM would you recommend? The 1st, 3rd, and 5th ones are free.
Free, really? Wow, where are they free? Anyway, I only played 3 and 5. 3 is one of my all-time favorite games, probably top five if not top three. Funnily enough, I never even played the campaigns. I preferred to just play standalone maps, and if you get all the expansions the map pool for that is huge (to say nothing of user-generated content). 5 is solid from a gameplay perspective. It takes a lot of inspiration from 3 for that, and I like the skill wheel system. It also has some rather significant flaws in my opinion, and I probably wouldn't have sunk so many hours into it if it hadn't been during the days before I discovered Steam. First of all the writing and voice-acting are abysmal and made the campaigns of the original unplayable for me. I was never a huge fan of the graphics and always thought the game generally ought to run better - the long waits at the end of every turn were especially tedious. Also, I feel that 5 was balanced a little too carefully: sure, they removed or nerfed game-breaking spells like Dimension Door and Town Portal, but abusing those was one of my favorite parts of 3. When your level 5 spells don't feel super powerful, where's the fun?

Most of all, 3 was just so polished in every respect - the graphics for their time, the MUSIC, even the quirky personality evident in the dialogue boxes - that 5 just feels bland in comparison. If you do get 5 though, I would make sure you get Tribes of the East. It has some very necessary additions that I wouldn't like to play without. If you don't care about the campaigns you could even just get that, as it is a standalone expansion.

I haven't played Disciples yet, but I have researched them somewhat and I learned something interesting I thought was worth sharing about Disciples III.

Disciples III: Renaissance and Resurrection (both featured in BundleStars) were pretty much hated by the series' fanbase for various reasons. However, there is a repackaged version of Disciples III, called "Reincarnation" that includes all the content of Renaissance/Resurrection but also rebalances the gameplay heavily to be more like Disciples 1 & 2. Most reviewers (what few I can find) seem to have greatly appreciated the changes.

Now for the wacky part: even though it's a Steamworks title, you can only buy it from GamersGate.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-D3REIN/disciples-reincarnation

While I doubt Renaissance/Resurrection are THAT bad, it might be wiser to just get this version instead. It was apparently on sale for 75% off at one point not too long ago. Plus you get to have this cool "secret" game in your Steam collection. ;)
Wow! Thanks for the find. I'd definitely prefer to start with that version, although paying even $7.50 for it alone is hard to swallow when the other two have been bundled. I guess what I am wondering is if III is really that bad if it's your first one, or if it's better to start with II, or what.

I did see that Renaissance has a demo on Steam, so I'll probably check that out when I get a chance. Ideally I'd like to see Reincarnation get wide release on Steam, and then get bundled :D Maybe I'll let my backlog tide me over until then.

What I've always found weirder is how upset people get if you try to have a conversation in a match that isn't trash talk.

If you try to make small talk a lot of people get angry/upset or just plain weirded out.

I just play with people I know at this point. Why play with people if you can't have a conversation?
i-hate-people-thumb.jpg

If you can provide a source where they're free, you will make me a very happy man :)

Has anybody posted the new Groupees bundle yet? Don't recall seeing it discussed here. Any thoughts on these games?

Regarding foils, I've gotten two in about 200 drops. Unfortunately they were both the same Fallen Enchantress card. When I first got them there were only two others, both priced around $8 and not selling. Now there are about 13, mostly priced between $2-3 and still not selling. Just my luck to get foils for a game with 15 cards...
I picked up Aztara, Pickers, and Vox from the bundle. Aztaka had been in my wishlist for so long that I pretty much forgot why it was there in the first place. I just grabbed it because I saw it was on my wishlist. Pickers got pretty decent reviews surprisingly http://www.gamezebo.com/games/pickers/review . I really don't know why I grabbed Vox. I guess the thought was it had the best chance of any others in the bundle to actually get greenlit.

Ben There, Dan That! and Time, Gentleman, Please! are supposed to be good point and click adventures if you're in to that and don't have them already from numerous other bundles. They Breathe is on Greenlight and just looked weird and pretty pointless. Reefshot is also on Greenlight and looked so-so. Some of the comments seemed to imply it was fun taking pictures of the fish but that the game then turned into taking pictures of lame runes and that part wasn't so fun. Rune Classic is a third person hack and slash and it's supposed to be really good but it's so old and looked really dated. I just couldn't see myself ever playing it.

Happy to say Fox United Carriers has finally secured a high interest loan from the loan sharks bank and procured my own rig in ETS2.  My profit margins have soared on my deliveries and my driving has improved.  I'm even at the point of not needing to change to third person view when unloading and loading the trailer.  #swag

I'm hoping to expand from my usual England to the Netherlands routes, but you have to crawl before you ball. 

does your chance of getting a booster pack increase if you have more games waiting for one? lets say you have 5 games with all card drops collected. is your chance better than having just one game?
You can only get a booster after all of your cards have dropped for that particular game. Only your Steam level affects chance.

Trading Card FAQ

How can I get a booster pack?
Once you have received all of your card drops, you become eligible for a booster pack, which is a set of 3 trading cards that may include both basic and foil cards. Booster packs are granted randomly to eligible users as more badges are crafted by members of the community. Make sure you log in to Steam each week to maintain eligibility.

Once eligible, your Steam Level increases your rate of receiving a booster pack drop:
  • Level 10: +20% increase in your drop rate
  • Level 20: +40% increase in your drop rate
  • Level 30: +60% increase in your drop rate
  • Level 40: +80% increase in your drop rate
  • Level 50: +100% increase in your drop rate (i.e. the rate has doubled)
  • Etc.

That doesn't answer his question at all. He asked if having multiple games eligible for drops would increase your chance of getting a drop. As far as I know, this has not been clarified by Valve either way.

Disciples II is still the better game from the Disciples series, both of the Disciples III games that is selling on steam store are ridden with bugs. Disciples III Reincarnation is like a enhanced version of the previous two games but it is only available at Gamersgate, it fixed most of the bugs that are found in the previous versions. Unfortunately the company that developed it has gone bankrupt so there won't be any more updates for that game, probably that is the reason why it is not selling on steam.

I think games are looked at independently but since I'm not Valve, take that at face value.

I hate talking crap.  It bugs me.  I dunno why.  I remember there was this kid in Mechwarrior talking all sorts of nasty.  I jumped his case (he was on my team).  Next thing you know, we're buds off and on for a year or two.  So (shrug)... maybe these kids have daddy issues or something.  Sometimes it takes an adult telling them they're idiots before they realize they sound like morons.

Kinda like...
bH3pdPn.jpg

does your chance of getting a booster pack increase if you have more games waiting for one? lets say you have 5 games with all card drops collected. is your chance better than having just one game?

That doesn't answer his question at all. He asked if having multiple games eligible for drops would increase your chance of getting a drop. As far as I know, this has not been clarified by Valve either way.

it hard too say my steam level is 22 i have 28 games that can't get cards anymore play/have steam running in background least 6 hrs day so far only gotten 2 booster

depending on how vale wanted too run it code could be

A) it is additive per game but small % each game adds 0.1%-0.01% chance at a drop as 1% would be too high

B) steam level does make a difference could make drop rate has high as 50% max level but it only does check for booster drops once every 3 days or longer

even if we could figure out how too maximize are drop rate vale could just change it behind the scene too keep them rare again

Disciples II is still the better game from the Disciples series, both of the Disciples III games that is selling on steam store are ridden with bugs. Disciples III Reincarnation is like a enhanced version of the previous two games but it is only available at Gamersgate, it fixed most of the bugs that are found in the previous versions. Unfortunately the company that developed it has gone bankrupt so there won't be any more updates for that game, probably that is the reason why it is not selling on steam.
Yeah, upon doing further research it sounds like as a series newbie I'm probably better off skipping III entirely and just going for II. Now I gotta find copies of Indiegala 4 and 5. Thanks for your input.

Just had my first relatively big card related sale...made $3.49 selling a rare emoticon from Sword of the Stars: The Pit. Probably complete a few  badges I'm close to finishing and save the rest. :D

always, one of the reasons and bad sale prices being the other why I prefer not to use Origin.
Once in a blue moon they'll have a decent sale but it's usually better to wait for a better price during a Steam mega-sale. Some things (like ME DLCs) you can't get anywhere else, unfortunately.

Thanks for reminding me to DL Origin. Been adding all my old clients after my comp got fixed. Went ahead and redeemed my Burnout DLC code from Amazon and started DLing. Speeds are ranging from .5 MB to 1.7 MB so maybe it's specific to that DLC. Was it just released? Maybe a lot of server load.
No, CItadel's been out for months now. It's pretty lame that EA can't do better than this; I don't have these kinds of issues getting stuff from GOG or Gamersgate and those companies are based in foreign countries and don't have the billions of dollars that EA does.

Sometimes Origin is like that for me. It'll start out high and eventually drop to 40-60kb/s (which the Citadel DLC did for me as well). However, last week I just had a download that was steady at 1.1mb/s, so it definitely is ymmv. (Oh, and the Citadel DLC is awesome.)
I've read good things about Citadel and I figured it's about time for me to get ME3 off the hard drive, so even though I hate paying $15 for a DLC, I ponied up the dough because BioWare DLCs never get sales on PC.

I picked up Rune, Vox, and Reef Shot. I already had They Breathe, Ben There, and Aztaka from previous bundles. Pickers got lots of good press and CAG reviews but the more I read about it the more it seemed like one of those things that I would never actually play. Vox looks like a "gamier" version of Minecraft, Rune is an old-school hack-n-slash, and RS looks like the kind of quirky photography sim that I seem to collect without playing (so far. . . ).

Yeah, upon doing further research it sounds like as a series newbie I'm probably better off skipping III entirely and just going for II. Now I gotta find copies of Indiegala 4 and 5. Thanks for your input.
My 2p: I haven't played much of Disciples III, but the reviews do indicate that II is much better. I found some of the combat and movement a little awkard in the demo for III. Disciples II is a great TBS, but like a lot of these HOMM knockoffs, I find that it's easy to get yourself in a corner when your stacks are too weak to successfully challenge the enemies you need to finish a map. Maybe I'm just not very good at this type of game.

Can't get Burnout Paradise to run on my computer - burning rage!!!  The most frustrating thing is that I've played it before, on this exact computer, but I'm assuming the hard drive crash/replacement and reinstallment of everything added some sort of conflicting driver.  BP has known issues with Windows 8, webcam drivers, and other ridiculous BS.  oh well, more hours in ETS2.

I also played Bleed for the first time last night.  I remember Spoder told me he loved it, and now I see why.  It's a really fun side scrolling platform shooter thing.  I don't really understand what's going on storywise, but running around shooting crap was fun even if I suck.  D grade on easy mode for the win!

Edit:

Also, regarding Pickers in the new Groupees, it is a hidden object casual game.  So anyone looking into it might want to take that into account.  Some people don't play those types of games.  You go to different locations to find hidden objects from your list of wanted items, once you find them, you come back to your shop and decide what you want to do with your items and how much you want to try to sell them for.  There's goals in the game to make a certain amount of money and stuff like that.  So it's hidden object mixed with a little shop keeping.  It's nothing super deep, but I found it a ton of fun, especially being a big fan of the show. 

I really enjoyed Bleed despite it being fairly short. It's a great quick time-killer and you get better at it as you go. I initially had to switch to easy around level 4 but I went back and redid most of it on medium or hard. Great little romp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back