The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's hoping there's a better deal on the Skyrim Dragonborn DLC this weekend than there was during the Summer Sale.
Here's a preview:

We will also be offering deals each day on individual id Software and Bethesda Softworks’ titles via Steam. Daily deals include:

• Thursday: id Sale, with all id games at 75% off
  • Friday: Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and all Fallout DLC at 75% off
  • Saturday: The Elder Scrolls Sale, with Elder Scrolls titles and DLCs selling for 40-75% off
  • Sunday: Dishonored, including DLC at 66% off

Here's a preview:

We will also be offering deals each day on individual id Software and Bethesda Softworks’ titles via Steam. Daily deals include:

• Thursday: id Sale, with all id games at 75% off
  • Friday: Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and all Fallout DLC at 75% off
  • Saturday: The Elder Scrolls Sale, with Elder Scrolls titles and DLCs selling for 40-75% off
  • Sunday: Dishonored, including DLC at 66% off
Whaaaaaaaat?!!? I need Brink for 90% off.

I keep waiting for a good prince on Hunted and it never seems to happen ... guess I am still going to b waiting since it doesn't show up in the preview list for this round either.

Well, I've been looking some RAGE videos and the graphics are amazing... But, I didn't see anything special about the gameplay.

But now I'm torn between doom 3 and RAGE. I've never played doom 3 (don't know why, I even had a retail copy some years ago, but my rig couldn't run it by then) so that must matter something. Also, I have AMD GPU, and read a lot about RAGE problems with it... Which one should I get?

Well, I've been looking some RAGE videos and the graphics are amazing... But, I didn't see anything special about the gameplay.

But now I'm torn between doom 3 and RAGE. I've never played doom 3 (don't know why, I even had a retail copy some years ago, but my rig couldn't run it by then) so that must matter something. Also, I have AMD GPU, and read a lot about RAGE problems with it... Which one should I get?
Doom 3. I never cared for Rage, just felt like a bland game.

So I own everything (besides some dlc) in that damn quake pack besides Rouge Legacy, Brink, Hunted and Call of Cthulhu.

Neither -- buy the Heretic and Hexen Collection.

How come on the CAG homepage it says Counter Strike:Source is $.99 but when I go to Steam its $20? I am so confused right now and sorry if this has been addressed in the previous pages but I did not go back to read the previous posts.

I can barely remember RTCW... It was good? Did it aged well?
I'm not sure about aging but I played it when it was new and it was great. The first few levels especially reminded me of this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIEb3d--B9U

Anyone play the Year of the Snake DLC? I'm thinking of picking it up, but I didn't like the Zodiac DLC.
No real connection between the two, but honestly I'd pass on Year of the Snake. You don't get any of the cool unlocks you had in the base game so it really feels like a gimped version of SD.

Of course the real problem is none of these games have zombies :shame:
:bomb:

I'm not sure about aging but I played it when it was new and it was great.
Me too! It was really fun. But I'll pass now on this one and Heretic + Hexen collection. Will buy only games I ain't played... I'm out of GabeN Money, had to pay $3 from my own money for Doom 3 BFG!!

Cardz money paid for Commander Keen pack and the Hexen + Heretic pack. Is it bad that I'm listing my summer sale cards now just because I want to buy games I can barely remember playing as a kid and are at least 15 years old? Those cards could have some value if badges were to finally mean something.

I'm actually interested in the full Quakecon pack. Any chance they price varies over the weekend?
Incredibly unlikely. The only time I've seen it knocked down from the sale price is when they offered an additional discount to anyone who pre-ordered an upcoming game (I think it was Rage), which brought it down to something ridiculous, like $40. So if you want to buy it, you don't really need to fear a daily sale on it or anything. It's $90 for enough gaming to last you the rest of your life.

Plus, Rogue Warrior is worth $100, easily, so you'd be making ten imaginary dollars.

I got an email from the developers of A Virus Named Tom for free Steam keys for their new game Chess The Gathering.  If anyone is interested send me a pm with your email address.  Not sure what the limit is for the number of friends who get a free key, but I wanna find out.   :)

But just think, when the apocalypse comes we'll be the ones who survive when the tides have turned and we start trading our games for food!

Just kidding, I will die before they take my backlog :twoguns:
I can see it now, uploading games into an arm canon like Megaman, imagine the possibilities, oh this needs to be a game!

I can see it now, uploading games into an arm canon like Megaman, imagine the possibilities, oh this needs to be a game!
I picture this involving GameStop employees shooting new games at garbage cans to rid themselves of an evil plague of excess stock and cases/inserts/manuals, the game being a huge satire of the industry.

Also, I was playing a game online earlier today and someone told me to "get a life" because I've idled over 200 hours for cards in the past two weeks. Ah, the poor, ignorant masses... ;)

I picture this involving GameStop employees shooting new games at garbage cans to rid themselves of an evil plague of excess stock and cases/inserts/manuals, the game being a huge satire of the industry.

Also, I was playing a game online earlier today and someone told me to "get a life" because I've idled over 200 hours for cards in the past two weeks. Ah, the poor, ignorant masses... ;)

SMFH

Speaking of Gamestop ...Gamestop.com has some of their games are cheaper than Steams atm.

Fallout New Vegas Ultimate edition comes to mind. 5$ over there

I keep waiting for a good prince on Hunted and it never seems to happen ... guess I am still going to b waiting since it doesn't show up in the preview list for this round either.
Same here. It's bumming me out.

If you haven't played either, the better game is clearly DOOM 3.

Hate you Mooby. Just bought the hexen-heretic1-notheretic2 collection. I even have hexen 2 retail... granted I don't know where it is or if can be installed on newer systems, but I had it!

Gamefly is winning Quakecon with their 20% off coupon.

Probably going to double dip on Fallout 3:GOTY for $3.99 since I no longer can find my retail discs.
hmm, might grab Morriwind for $4, but that is a lot of game and....backlog...

Fortix 2 w/Steam Key is $1.99 at ShinyLoot, and I think they add 25% on top of that. Solid game (Qix clone if you don't know) and it has cards as well.

http://www.shinyloot.com/fortix-2?re=custom-filter-exact-94
I don't know why I'm so tempted to buy this. $2 for bundle fodder is a bit high, but it looks like it could be fun. I would also like to support SL, but I wonder if it will go cheaper soon :whistle2:k

I kept waiting for that too, but I finally broke down and bought it at only 50% off or so during the last steam sale. It's one of those games that just seems to get forgotten while other games were repeated multiple times in the last sale. The good news for everyone else is that, since I bought it, it will probably go on sale now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back