The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess some guy at Valve noticed someone at the office had kicked the plug loose on the News Machine; he stopped, scratched his ass, and then reached down and stuck it back in the socket. Once again we have daily news on Steam.

Deal of the Day:

Dawn of Fantasy: Kingdom Wars -66% $19.99 $6.79

Metacritic 59/100

im gonna pass..

I probably was incorrect in saying that I didn't buy because of him. I totally agree with you. If the games would have been ones that I wanted, I would have bought in without giving one pile of doody who PDP was. In this instance however, I'm missing a couple of the games, but I don't really need them, so I was on the fence. I watched a part of one of his videos, and it did this:

[customspoiler='Off the Fence']
2bf12bdd682d679f14522941a8f31c9c.jpg
[/customspoiler]
So basically you did end up not buying because of him :booty:

So basically you did end up not buying because of him :booty:
Ultimately, yes. What I was trying to say was that if he liked more games I would have been interested in, it wouldn't have mattered how many childish jokes he pumped into one minute of Saint's Row character creation. I would have bought it in spite of his character.

In my quest to see who he was, I found a rant complaining about him, then a rant complaining about the rant, which prompted another rant about that. I was instantly reminded why I only ever visit YouTube to check out music videos and movie trailers.

I guess some guy at Valve noticed someone at the office had kicked the plug loose on the News Machine; he stopped, scratched his ass, and then reached down and stuck it back in the socket. Once again we have daily news on Steam.

Deal of the Day:

Metacritic 59/100

im gonna pass..
Now if they can just fix friend activity. Not the facebook style feed, the what your friends have been playing and wishlist one.

In my quest to see who he was, I found a rant complaining about him, then a rant complaining about the rant, which prompted another rant about that. I was instantly reminded why I only ever visit YouTube to check out music videos and movie trailers.
I think trying to find out who he was was a mistake... that's what he wants you to do. I'm quite sure I'm happier not finding out. Ignorance is bliss. I just want my cheap games.

When Botanicula first ran in HIB almost 2.5 years ago, its was $5 for a steam key, so I was like fuck that. Now with Showdown Effect for a buck, I'm in.

Idiotekque, my post was in response to the stated idea that game content was removed to be offered instead as unlockable content, I think that's the point you're missing. I was countering that having it function in that way is no different than having content unlock in Grand Theft Auto 3 via collecting hidden packages. From the perspective of the Uplay user, it's functionally the same. I don't see the point in considering it bad form on Uplay but the norm for other games that offer rewards through in-game accomplishments.

Most DLC should already be included in the game, so even "free DLC" is kinda silly. That said, most of the time that DLC costs money... so I still consider the Uplay rewards as "free DLC".
And you go on agreeing with me again with points I'd made. ;)

I get what you were trying to say, but... downloadable content for Valve games is always free on Steam. You get it right up front without having to jump through hoops.
And then there's this.

When Botanicula first ran in HIB almost 2.5 years ago, its was $5 for a steam key, so I was like fuck that. Now with Showdown Effect for a buck, I'm in.
That was the Botanicula Debut which was only last year...

That said, this was my thought process as well. Plus, I love soundtracks.

Deal of the Day:

Metacritic 59/100

im gonna pass..
I'm pretty sure this was in a Groupees, in case you didn't know.

I think trying to find out who he was was a mistake... that's what he wants you to do. I'm quite sure I'm happier not finding out. Ignorance is bliss. I just want my cheap games.

Yep, that's me--in for Botanicula and Showdown Effect for $1.

Plus, I love soundtracks.
I'm cultivating an unhealthy obsession with game soundtracks. I think I'm up to about 40 now.

Got it! Really wanted this game but wasn't interested in any of the other games in the Humble Weekly Sale to justify a buy.

Thanks Mind Link! :D
I hate to call a cheapass cheap, but you can't justify it for a dollar? Like, you literally wanted the game just enough to try and get it free somewhere along the way?

COD: Black Ops II - Multiplayer now has Steam cards.

I'm kind of shocked by this addition, but it was eventually going to happen, right?

I hate to call a cheapass cheap, but you can't justify it for a dollar? Like, you literally wanted the game just enough to try and get it free somewhere along the way?
It's not that I was waiting for it to be free, just a coincidence as I was reading through the thread. Was interested in the game and missed the sale and other bundle it was with.

Call me silly, but I'd rather buy a bundle knowing I would (consider) play(ing) a majority of the games rather than get one game I would play with all the "dead" (to me) backlog weight that tags along with it. I know I can just give the other bundle games out when it comes to it, but like a few I'm not particularly fond of the bundle host either to dive into this one.

Yeah, no matter how cheap it is my cheapass logic is a little messed up when it comes to bundles that contain only 1 game I'd be interested in :oops: .

Price error on full mojo rampage. It's 10 dollars on the humble store should be 10% off. Comes with a steam key. It's an early access game.

I'd link but I'm driving

Price error on full mojo rampage. It's 10 dollars on the humble store should be 10% off. Comes with a steam key. It's an early access game.

I'd link but I'm driving
Humble Store link and Steam page, for reference. Looks like this will be fixed soon.

Edit: Dead now. From a Dev in the Steam forums:

"About the Humble Bundle and pricing: the 10$ version should not be available anymore. How did you found that? :D That was the very early Humble Store widget we used and for some reason its still available. That was for supporters before we even had a playable! Be fast or it might go down soon!"

Meh, these early access games always look good, but I want to wait and see a couple successfully launch before buying into any of the alpha stage ones.

That was the Botanicula Debut which was only last year...

That said, this was my thought process as well. Plus, I love soundtracks.

I'm cultivating an unhealthy obsession with game soundtracks. I think I'm up to about 40 now.
I'm in the same boat. Love me some game soundtracks/scores, sometimes even more so than the game that accompanies them. I've never counted but now that I just did I'm up to 96 game soundtracks. Good grief.

I'm sure there's someone that has more, or at least I hope so... maybe I'm crazy.

Full Mojo Rampage is overpriced at $20.  Even the $10 Humble glitch doesn't make it appealing.  Developers made NyxQuest and that wasn't anything amazing.  This just looks like a generic isometric arcade shooter with some very light rpg elements.

Didn't see it mentioned, but Gemini Wars has cards now. Hardly any on the market, and they're going for pretty high (or not going for pretty high).

Idiotekque, my post was in response to the stated idea that game content was removed to be offered instead as unlockable content, I think that's the point you're missing. I was countering that having it function in that way is no different than having content unlock in Grand Theft Auto 3 via collecting hidden packages. From the perspective of the Uplay user, it's functionally the same. I don't see the point in considering it bad form on Uplay but the norm for other games that offer rewards through in-game accomplishments.
Well, just depends on if you think the reward content is akin to being "removed" from the game. There are quite a few characters to choose from in Assassin's Creed multiplayer. If you never grabbed the extra character reward, you wouldn't be thinking "I feel like there should be more characters". Same goes for weapons in Far Cry 3, there are tons of them, highly customizable, etc, and I never thought "It feels like they removed a weapon from the game so they could put it in a reward".

By that reasoning (and I feel the same way), pretty much every new game "removes" content that should be there, and instead charges you for it. That's why I see literally no difference between Uplay rewards and paid for DLC. That's why I fully see it as honest to goodness free DLC. You do unlock it, but in my opinion it's not the same as free unlockable in game content. It looks like and acts like paid for DLC.

In Mooby's world nothing is amazing :oldman:
Pretty much. No offense, but his opinion is almost completely worthless.

COD: Black Ops II - Multiplayer now has Steam cards.

I'm kind of shocked by this addition, but it was eventually going to happen, right?
Sweet!

I'm gonna have to actually do some COD: BO2 MP sometime. I did a fair deal during them free weekends. Granted, COD MP ain't changed too much since say COD4:MW, but it's still solid stuff.

Actually, I could also say that about COD SP campaigns, as well - not much changed over the years, but still solid stuff.

Sweet!

I'm gonna have to actually do some COD: BO2 MP sometime. I did a fair deal during them free weekends. Granted, COD MP ain't changed too much since say COD4:MW, but it's still solid stuff.

Actually, I could also say that about COD SP campaigns, as well - not much changed over the years, but still solid stuff.
oh boy, here we go :fridge:

I'd link but I'm driving
In other news, Man gets in car accident for buying a digital download game on price mistake while driving.

Meh, these early access games always look good, but I want to wait and see a couple successfully launch before buying into any of the alpha stage ones.
For a minute I was like ZOMG PRICE MISTAKE! But then I though about it and went 'half assed unfinished alpha game that will be on sale someday for $2 and/or in a bundle' and was like yeeeaahno.

Full Mojo Rampage is overpriced at $20. Even the $10 Humble glitch doesn't make it appealing. Developers made NyxQuest and that wasn't anything amazing. This just looks like a generic isometric arcade shooter with some very light rpg elements.
Okay I actually agree with Mooby.

Pretty much. No offense, but his opinion is almost completely worthless.
Except when I agree with him. :cool:

Hey, he is consistent. If I hate a game and want to site someone else's opinion as backup I can just automatically cite Mooby as hating it as well. I don't even have to check. He's very convenient that way.

Hey, I think Dead Space was worth the twenty cents I paid for it. That's a 'compliment,' right?
Oh, hell yeah - Dead Space 1 and 2 are both awesome! :D

And from what I played so far of Dead Space 3, even though it feels a bit more action-y, this one's so far been pretty good.

I'm around 3-4 hours into it, BTW.

Mooby likes Zafehouse Diaries, and probably lots of other games. Having more discerning taste doesn't invalidate an opinion. I prefer that to the typical eat it up consumer that finds everything satisfactory.

Mooby likes Zafehouse Diaries, and probably lots of other games. Having more discerning taste doesn't invalidate an opinion. I prefer that to the typical eat it up consumer that finds everything satisfactory.
glass+half+full.jpg

Seeing almost only the good in games is one thing, while seeing only the bad in them is another. I find both of those opinions worthless.

But if some of his opinions help people, awesome.

Hate to ruin the fun, but have you ever had a series of unfortunate events just to buy a comp? I seriously have ha my order be declined 20+ times, got my card locked for fraud, didn't have money that was said to be on the card (bank be holding out on me) have the time you can order a computer go back a few days, have to pay separate shipping on the case, which'll come later than the rest of the items, then still not able to order it? Give me Payday, as I want to rob a virtual bank (as robbing a real one is illegal) but still I feel like :bomb: all the time

Hate to ruin the fun, but have you ever had a series of unfortunate events just to buy a comp? I seriously have ha my order be declined 20+ times, got my card locked for fraud, didn't have money that was said to be on the card (bank be holding out on me) have the time you can order a computer go back a few days, have to pay separate shipping on the case, which'll come later than the rest of the items, then still not able to order it? Give me Payday, as I want to rob a virtual bank (as robbing a real one is illegal) but still I feel like :bomb: all the time
Nope. Can't say I have.

lol @ complaining about paying someone else to build your computer in the Steam thread to the PC Master Race

:razz:

aka {transversus shrug}

Cases are optional... just assemble with motherboard laying on the desk. I've run a couple machines caseless for years... cooling is a cinch too.

These cards are pissing me off in a way. Now I don't want to start a new game unless it has CAAARRDZZZ. Sure I could go back and idle for them, but dude... that's not legit, brah.

On the other hand, it has gotten me to play games I normally woudn't have had much motivation for (Faerie Solitare and McPixel, lol). Not that they were the best use of my time, but I guess that helps keep my backlog down.

McPixel is good for a few laughs, btw, if you're bored and just want to "play" something real quick. It's just clicking on shit/combining stuff and watching what happens--most of it being ridiculous. Faerie Solitaire is pretty much the same thing as Fairway Solitaire for iOS (good game) with a different skin and unlockables. Nice sound effects too.

Cases are optional... just assemble with motherboard laying on the desk. I've run a couple machines caseless for years... cooling is a cinch too.
My last PC I built a year or so ago I never bothered to close the case, so it's been sitting open. Sometimes I blow a fan into it if it's a really hot day and I can watch the temperature drop on my temp monitor.

Open PCs are where it's at!

But not if you have pets. Your dog will be all, "I can lick the shit out of that hot thing and make it go faster." Then your cat'll be like, "Aww yiss, new fuckin' bed."

Whoa-oh
Almost paradise
We're knocking on Heaven's door
Almost paradise
How could we ask for more?
I swear that I can see forever in your eyes
paradise​
Yeah, it's Origin
O:)

BCA2  :pc:

​
 ​
D59KE5 :pc:

​
 ​
PECJ3Q :pc:

UQ2Y :pc:                                                   

3245 :pc: 

:evil:

Or mount it on the wall - saves desk space ;)

OK, so in the Humble Origin Bundle, you now get The Sims 3 and it's DLC as redeemable codes for thesims3.com (see your bundle page for instructions). If you didn't make a note of your Sims 3 Origin code, then it's gone I'm afraid.

Anyway I was wondering... for people who own The Sims 3 on Steam. It may be possible to get the DLC on your Steam version because the game still makes you login with your thesims3.com/EA/Origin account right?

Could anyone who owns The Sims 3 on Steam and bought the Origin Bundle BTA test this? 

OK, so in the Humble Origin Bundle, you now get The Sims 3 and it's DLC as redeemable codes for thesims3.com (see your bundle page for instructions). If you didn't make a note of your Sims 3 Origin code, then it's gone I'm afraid.

Anyway I was wondering... for people who own The Sims 3 on Steam. It may be possible to get the DLC on your Steam version because the game still makes you login with your thesims3.com/EA/Origin account right?

Could anyone who owns The Sims 3 on Steam and bought the Origin Bundle BTA test this?
Pretty sure it doesn't work that way. To use DLC on Steam, you need the base game on Steam. It's that simple really. It's also why I'm not surprised to see the base game in the Humble Bundle, since the more base games they get for Origin, the less likely people are to buy any further expansions on Steam as well.

That said, people who have the base game on Steam (and possible expansions) *can* use DLC's/Expansions gotten elsewhere by simply activating the CD-keys of their Steam versions on Origin. Thus getting an origin copy of the game, and that copy can be combined with DLC gotten elsewhere. But it won't be on Steam then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back