The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't actually played much of Trine 1, but Trine 2 is better with KB/M if you're using the mage a lot. Trapping enemies in cages is really fun, and can't be done quite as fast with controller. Making boxes/planks is also a bit easier with KB/M. I played through it several times with gamepad, and kb/m for my last playthrough.. kinda wish I'd used kb/m for the other playthroughs.

Controller was more comfortable for the other characters though, so I guess it depends on who you use the most, and if you're playing it in co-op, since you're gonna have to use the mage a lot in singleplayer anyway.
I played 1 almost entirely with the mage with a controller because my cousin wasn't very good with him (he's 9). I can imagine creating things is easier with KB/M, but after 15 minutes I had no problems doing it with a controller. Dropping boxes on enemies' heads and whatnot. It's not like they're fast paced games by any means anyways.

I played 1 almost entirely with the mage with a controller because my cousin wasn't very good with him (he's 9). I can imagine creating things is easier with KB/M, but after 15 minutes I had no problems doing it with a controller. Dropping boxes on enemies' heads and whatnot. It's not like they're fast paced games by any means anyways.
Creating boxes is fine with controller, although slower.. but caging enemies is a lot slower. It depends on your playstyle though, not required to use that skill. You can basically trap nearly every enemy on screen with that skill if you do it fast enough, which is why I preferred KB/M. The shield flying ability (for the knight) is also easier to do with KB/M, from what I've experienced.

I bet it doesn't actually support it but it sounds like it would be cool if the wii u version used the left thumbstick for movement and touch screen and stylus was for drawing the boxes and traps and such.

Just installed today's beta client update. I logged in and noticed that the "NEW" above my username was gone in the default skin...

(Wonder what lit a fire under their ass to change it???) :wave:

You need to take over -- start running shit and whatnot.

- How about Enhanced Facebook?

- Enhanced Definition?

- Male Enhancement? Think bigger, Shaq.

I, some guy on the internet, insist that you pursue these endeavors.

I'd be glad about that if I used the default skin anymore (does anyone actually like it?). ES has me covered on the web end so I'm all set :bouncy:

Secretly communist businessmen love drab clients.

Also, I suspect Gabe is a communist but that's related to an unrelated matter.

I bet it doesn't actually support it but it sounds like it would be cool if the wii u version used the left thumbstick for movement and touch screen and stylus was for drawing the boxes and traps and such.

the fuck is this?

You need to take over -- start running shit and whatnot.

- How about Enhanced Facebook?

- Enhanced Definition?

- Male Enhancement? Think bigger, Shaq.

I, some guy on the internet, insist that you pursue these endeavors.

Secretly communist businessmen love drab clients.

Also, I suspect Gabe is a communist but that's related to an unrelated matter.

the fuck is this?
I was talking about trine 2. and how everyone was discussing the different controls. I was trying to think of a happy medium.

Deliver the next one to me personally so I can make sure of things... *sigh*
ummm, he'll run out of virgins eventually.

I'd be glad about that if I used the default skin anymore (does anyone actually like it?). ES has me covered on the web end so I'm all set :bouncy:

Hopefully though this is a sign Valve is actually doing something again and not just lazing off in Gabe's golden hamburger palace. Or maybe this is their 10th anniversary "gift", who could say...
Gabe's new office

burger-palace-restaurant.jpg

You have to shoot the Duck Hunt ducks.

I wonder if those silhouettes are indicative of the titles offered? I see Batman, Duke Nukem, Limbo, Super Meat Boy, Magicka, Gordon Freeman, Borderlands, Skyrim dragonborn next to Limbo? (?) and whoever the second and third ones are.

Seems way too good to be true.

Look up at the animated clouds -- it's the fucking Flying Bundle.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4MioU1ytpU[/youtube]

The images in the background change too, once I saw cloud from ff7 but loading it back up did not include that particular character. I can only see this really being real if the bundles are like there is only 50 of them and its first come first serve thus the "blink" idea. Or like bundles only last 5 minutes at a time. The names they are pimping here seem beyond unrealistic.

The images in the background change too, once I saw cloud from ff7 but loading it back up did not include that particular character. I can only see this really being real if the bundles are like there is only 50 of them and its first come first serve thus the "blink" idea. Or like bundles only last 5 minutes at a time. The names they are pimping here seem beyond unrealistic.
Ah yes, I see that they change up. Rayman, Thief, FF7, The Darkness, TF2, Plants VS Zombies, and Don't Starve are now on my screen. There's no way these would all be bundled. Just a vie for publicity.

Ah yes, I see that they change up. Rayman, Thief, FF7, The Darkness, TF2, Plants VS Zombies, and Don't Starve are now on my screen. There's no way these would all be bundled. Just a vie for publicity.

On another note, on the bottom right they have this thing called playblink where it looks like they force you to play shitty games in order to earn points to win less shitty games, so that's a weird thing.

I don't think that FEZ is trying to be a difficult game. It's a game about exploration and puzzle solving, not crazy jumps and death traps like Super Meat Boy. You can take as long as you want in solving any particular part; very few things in the world are actively trying to kill you. I get that the art style isn't for everyone, but I think that the gameplay is really rewarding in this title.

Since you already own it, I hope you'll at least give it a chance in the future.
You've given me some food for thought. I may redeem the key.

Someone else who disliked Trine! I played through most of it and although I didn't think it was terrible I never understood what the big deal was beyond the pretty graphics. But then as I've said before, I think I'm pretty much over platformers...which makes my purchase for Fez even sillier. On that note, I'm feeling pretty warmly toward all my fellow double-dipping CAG regulars at the moment...
I finished the first Trine but it wasn't fun--it was work.

So I just spent my last 30 minutes catching up with the HIB9 thread.

I love the places internet arguments go to at times like this. It makes me feel normal :whee:

For the record, I'm never buying another Indie Gala bundle from Fox* after he had a bowl of Frosties for breakfast which is tantamount to supporting the Tamil Tigers in Sri Lanka.

In fact I call for a boycott of all things Fox. He is a scourge to humanity and I for one will never give him another penny. Think before you buy. On your conscience be it.

IT'S AN OUTRAGE

:wherestheangryCAGsmiley:

* - I totally didn't make this up

I love the places internet arguments go to at times like this. It makes me feel normal :whee:

For the record, I'm never buying another Indie Gala bundle from Fox* after he had a bowl of Frosties for breakfast which is tantamount to supporting the Tamil Tigers in Sri Lanka.

In fact I call for a boycott of all things Fox. He is a scourge to humanity and I for one will never give him another penny. Think before you buy. On your conscience be it.

IT'S AN OUTRAGE

I eat Penguin biscuits and pre-order games. I'm too much like you for you not to like me ;)

mcvitiespenguin2_p1.jpg

IT'S AN OUTRAGE

My main issue with Phil Fish is that he isn't actually a fish.

If he were, I'd have bought 2 or 3 copies of Fez on day one, simply because a trout designing and coding a game, not to mention successfully trolling hundreds of thousands on the internet, would be insanely impressive.

He'd be my second favorite pescado that pisses people off after Billy the Big Mouth Bass.

If he were, I'd have bought 2 or 3 copies of Fez on day one, simply because a trout designing and coding a game, not to mention successfully trolling hundreds of thousands on the internet, would be insanely impressive.

He'd be my second favorite pescado that pisses people off after Billy the Big Mouth Bass.
Is this guy at least # 3?

VKdZRsO.jpg

Why the hell do the Transformer games still have a base of $60. One of them came out in 2010. Damn you Activision.
lol...I had been wondering all this time why the new crappy Walking Dead game had yet to see a big sale, then I remembered it is Activision.

It's a shame since I would definitely buy Vampire Blood Lines at $5. I'd also be foolish and double dip into COD 1 and 2 at $5. I'd even get that stupid ice age olympics game for 75% off. It's a shame, but I usually have to keep my Activision purchases to console or retail since you are much more likely to score a deal there.

Rogue legacy for 40% off! That game rules so much that 40% off is an acceptable discount.
Lowest price so far, so not bad to balance the Activision deals.

Anyone ever play Full Mojo Rampage? How does it compare to Rogue Legacy? The setting of FMR appeals to me more than Rogue Legacy so wondering if anyone has experience with both.

Tomb Raider is 75% off as another Weekend Deal if  you haven't manager to play it yet (IMO it's worth that price).  But I think I'm done waiting on Rogue Legacy.

Everyone - buy Rogue Legacy. It's the real deal here.
Picked it up for 20% or 25% off in the Greenlight sale a few weeks ago.

Not even at all upset to see it cheaper already. Have put a dozen hours in already and will probably put that much more in again by the time I'm done. Fantastic game.

Tomb Raider is 75% off as another Weekend Deal if you haven't manager to play it yet (IMO it's worth that price). But I think I'm done waiting on Rogue Legacy.
It's $14.99 for Tomb Raider, Hitman Absolution, and Sleeping Dogs over at Amazon.

Probably better to go that route, even if you have/don't want the other two games they're separate keys and you can easily sell them for more than the extra $2.50 the bundle is over Steam's price.

Not even at all upset to see it cheaper already. Have put a dozen hours in already and will probably put that much more in again by the time I'm done. Fantastic game.
Is there a finite ending to the game? I see procedurally generated in the trailer and makes me think its one of those forever games.

I couldn't agree more. I finally got 100% achievements, 100% upgrades, and was was on my "Start your legacy + 6" before finally deciding I was finished. Until DLC is released.

Is there a finite ending to the game? I see procedurally generated in the trailer and makes me think its one of those forever games.
There is a well defined "start" and "end" to the game, but there is also a "New Game+" mode that lets you play as long as you want (complete the story over and over while ratcheting up the difficulty level).

Anyone ever play Full Mojo Rampage? How does it compare to Rogue Legacy? The setting of FMR appeals to me more than Rogue Legacy so wondering if anyone has experience with both.
It's decidedly un-finished. I like what I've played thusfar, and it has a slight Binding of Isaac feel to it, but it's too hard to judge at the moment. There's so much missing. I'd wait it out.

Rogue Legacy is, however, excellent. I've only beaten the first proper boss but I've had a lot of fun doing so. You don't feel like you've wasted 20 minutes if you die, because you can spend your gold on character upgrades. I'm a fan of it.

I always had you down as a Billy The Fish kinda guy, this just confirms it.

billythefishengland.jpg

I may as well take Spiderman off my wishlist. The MSRP hasn't budged and 25% off is the lowest price it's been on Steam. It's a year old! 

Ice Age 4... might be slightly amusing.$30?? It's based on a poorly reviewed movie from over a year ago. Let it go already! Who is lining up for 25% off 3D Mini-Golf? 

I think Steam knows the score since they seem to be balancing this craptastic Activision sale with two other good game sales and a free weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back