The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of cheapass bundle, anybody know what happens if you buy the Bundle in a Box for under $1.99? It doesn't react to me putting $1 like humble or gala do when you are under the average, etc.
I don't think you can do this. The site says that $1.99 USD is the minimum buy-in price.

Huh. Is Motoki still out there? It looks like Winter Voices is finished. Now I just need to figure out whether I want it when it goes on sale.

EDIT: Apparently it has cardz now too.

Hmmm, I think I only have one of those Focus Games, good stuff.  Also, with Gunpoint and Psychnauts being deals right now, I doubt they will be bonuses. 

Hmmm, I think I only have one of those Focus Games, good stuff. Also, with Gunpoint and Psychnauts being deals right now, I doubt they will be bonuses.
I think they've ran Steam sales during Humble Bundles before, with the same games.. but I could be wrong.

I wouldn't completely rule it out, all of these 80% off sales during the same timeframe seem pretty suspicious.

After all the crankypants over Phil Fish I wasn't sure what I'd think about Fez, but I played two hours over the weekend and had a lot of fun. Easy-going non-linear platform about collecting McGuffins in a vast world. I think I've only scratched the surface though -- is there a way to translate the codes on the walls? Some of the puzzles are unexpectedly hard.
You're right: the platforming and collecting is only scratching the surface. The puzzles and the story are deeper.

You can translate the codes on the walls. I took pictures of all the writings on the walls with my phone, then transcribed them into a spreadsheet, which I used to break the code.

I think they've ran Steam sales during Humble Bundles before, with the same games.. but I could be wrong.

I wouldn't completely rule it out, all of these 80% off sales during the same timeframe seem pretty suspicious.
I don't think I've ever seen that happen outside of the Humbles that have launched during major Steam sales (mainly the Winter sale).

The speculation on Gunpoint is based on a registry update. The game got card support and DLC to upgrade to higher tier editions. That explains the registry update which the speculation is based on. It's as likely/unlikely to be bundled as it was before the update.

After all the crankypants over Phil Fish I wasn't sure what I'd think about Fez, but I played two hours over the weekend and had a lot of fun. Easy-going non-linear platform about collecting McGuffins in a vast world. I think I've only scratched the surface though -- is there a way to translate the codes on the walls? Some of the puzzles are unexpectedly hard.
Yeah, there is a code for both number patterns and language hidden w/in the game. You can try to figure it out on your own, but it's a bit obscure. Admittedly, I didn't catch on and just looked the code up online and copied it down, and at least went through the work of translating the language throughout the puzzles on my own. The game was def a bit trickier than I anticipated, but there were a nice variety of puzzles in there.

Note to self: Never buy a Focus Home game unless it's bundled.

Focus Humble Bundle 1

Divinity II

RAW Realms of Ancient War

Game of Thrones

Confrontation

Cities XL 2012

Blood Bowl LE

Focus Humble Bundle 1 BTA

Testament of Sherlock Holmes

Wargame European Escalation + DLC
Pretty good w/this being a weekly. I'll throw in a buck for GOT and Divinity. Looks like I'l be giving away the other four keys, though.

Pretty good w/this being a weekly. I'll throw in a buck for GOT and Divinity. Looks like I'l be giving away the other four keys, though.
lee-corso1.jpg

All the games are included on one key.

Crossing my fingers, toes, and testicles that this Gunpoint midweek means it'll be a bonus.
My hopes were substantially diminished by louiedog and Cheaplikeafox's posts above. Those guys know what time it is.

Also, ouch!

When do they usually reveal the Humble bonuses, anyway?

My hopes were substantially diminished by louiedog and Cheaplikeafox's posts above. Those guys know what time it is.

Also, ouch!

They tweeted "Just 24 hours until we add even more games to the Humble Indie Bundle 9! Can you guess what games will be added?! ;] " a few minutes ago.

Also, ouch!

More games will be added to this bundle next Wednesday morning at 11:00am Pacific!

The speculation on Gunpoint is based on a registry update. The game got card support and DLC to upgrade to higher tier editions. That explains the registry update which the speculation is based on. It's as likely/unlikely to be bundled as it was before the update.
Which is to say, extremely likely, just not now. This game is destined for a future Humble bundle.

Monaco, Psychonauts, and Gunpoint had updates, but it looks like we can rule out Psychonauts and Gunpoint for sure. Monaco could be in it, or just be a weekend deal later this week.

stupid goddamn Realms of War. it really is true. when one of us breaks down and buys one of these games, it ends up in a bundle.

that piece of crap game doesnt deserve to be in a bundle. i will print out the key i get and burn it. it will never have the satisfaction of being activated. let it float in key purgatory for eternity. id rather activate 25 magicka keys before i activate another RAW. 

Note to self: Never buy a Focus Home game unless it's bundled.

Focus Humble Bundle 1

Divinity II

RAW Realms of Ancient War

Game of Thrones

Confrontation

Cities XL 2012

Blood Bowl LE

Focus Humble Bundle 1 BTA

Testament of Sherlock Holmes

Wargame European Escalation + DLC
Interesting - I just bought GoT RPG recently and am almost done w/ it. Good timing.

Looks like I'll be in namely for Blood Bowl LE, RAW, and Confrontation, Cities XL 2012. :D

Probably will activate Div 2 on Steam just to have it on Steam - even though I have DKS already from Amazon DVG + DC from Larian Vault.

Uncertain on the BTA.

Soooo I bought the Tomb of The Sleeping Hitman bundle from Amazon, I activated all my keys last night before I went to bed, they all worked. Got an email this afternoon about how a lot of the Tomb Raider keys didn't work, so they replaced them...does this mean I have an extra Tomb Raider key now? Not sure how to check if they actually gave me a new key or not, don't feel like entering the one that's in my Amazon account in case Steam eats it.

stupid goddamn Realms of War. it really is true. when one of us breaks down and buys one of these games, it ends up in a bundle.
that piece of crap game doesnt deserve to be in a bundle. i will print out the key i get and burn it. it will never have the satisfaction of being activated. let it float in key purgatory for eternity. id rather activate 25 magicka keys before i activate another RAW.
It's all one key :fridge:

Soooo I bought the Tomb of The Sleeping Hitman bundle from Amazon, I activated all my keys last night before I went to bed, they all worked. Got an email this afternoon about how a lot of the Tomb Raider keys didn't work, so they replaced them...does this mean I have an extra Tomb Raider key now? Not sure how to check if they actually gave me a new key or not, don't feel like entering the one that's in my Amazon account in case Steam eats it.
If you already own a game and try to redeem another copy, Steam will just say "you already own this content" or this "key has already been redeemed".

Interesting - I just bought GoT RPG recently and am almost done w/ it. Good timing.

Looks like I'll be in namely for Blood Bowl LE, RAW, and Confrontation, Cities XL 2012. :D

Probably will activate Div 2 on Steam just to have it on Steam - even though I have DKS already from Amazon DVG + DC from Larian Vault.

Uncertain on the BTA.
go for it mysterd bta or aj lee wil spank u bhaha

Ummm...

7.2 MB patch released for Dark Souls PTD PC tonight.

From what I'm reading on GAF, this silent patch kills/interferes w/ the framerate-unlocker mod for 60 FPS.

So, yeah - you might have to stick w/ 30 FPS for this game just to keep Dark Souls w/ DSFix running for now.

Since I have always kept this game working at 30 FPS - game still works on my end here.

Also, from my experience w/ this game: if you get major framerate dips, especially w/ bosses and areas/ w lots of special effects - TURN OFF SSAO features w/ DSFIX.

SSAO is a framerate killer - and this was what was often knocking my frames in 1/2 (to 15 FPS) or even lower in some instances. Turning off SSAO caused this problem to, more or less, go away - and keep the game around the 25-30 FPS ballpark.
fuck-this-shit-table-flip.jpg

This post is dedicated to the memory of Idiodisco. Way too soon... way too soon.
I was wondering if I died. Thanks for clearing that up.

tebow, y u not at tebow rally?

Tebow-rally-at-EverBank-Field.jpg
They may as fucking well make him the starting QB and the head coach. The Jags are the NFL's new joke team.

Captain-American-Is-A-Browns-Fan.gif

You're welcome.
It's not like I spent a fortune on GOT RPG.

I'll be in for all the stuff I'm missing - and there looks to be a fair deal of that.

I bought the current Humble Bundle... Don't even know why. The only game missing was fez... And to make things worse, I mistakenly bought it AGAIN some days later! (that second time wasn't BTA)

I bought the current Humble Bundle... Don't even know why. The only game missing was fez... And to make things worse, I mistakenly bought it AGAIN some days later! (that second time wasn't BTA)
I'll probably wind-up buying both the Retro Shooter HB Weekly & HB9 currently w/ all them indies games to get some DRM-FREE and Steam-versions of some things I'm missing; and I think one of them has some soundtracks I want.

For $1, why not?

{shoulder shrug}

I guess we need an Enhanced Humble browser extension to tell us which games are already in our Humble/Steam libraries.

You could PM me the key and if it works I will send you $5 paypal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back