The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Any word on Lost Horizon or nail'd? Worth sale prices?
I'll try nail'd today and post my first impression here. One good thing I noticed that doesn't seem to be mentioned on the Steam forums is that the tages was removed. I don't know when this happened, but it used to have tages drm a while back. The game's multiplayer server was shut down, so you'd need to use LAN + VPN if you wanna play online multiplayer.

nail'd first impression pros/cons:

+ Runs great, good graphics

+ Very good track design (with lots of different paths), I feel like it's one big roller coaster ride.. which is a good thing

+ Very tight controls, which is good for an arcade racer

+ Customizeable ATV/MX, you can unlock multiple parts (engine, body, paint, etc.)

+ LAN multiplayer

+ Female racer is hot?

- No online multiplayer (but you can use LAN/VPN)

- No unlockable ATV/MXs? (could be wrong about this, I'm early in game)

- Stunt mode seems pointless, there are no tricks you can perform

- Normal difficulty seems a bit too easy, I had to set it to hard for a challenge, but again I'm early in game so this may change

Overall, game is definitely worth $1.24 if you're looking for an ATV/MX arcade racer with no realism. Track design is really crazy and different enough from other racers to warrant the purchase.

Some tips if you buy the game:

Make an offline profile when you start the game, don't try to make an online profile, as the server is permanently down. Set post processing to "simple". "Normal" makes it look crappy. Force VSYNC through drivers or something like D3DOverrider, there's no setting in game to enable VSYNC.

I'll be expecting a review from you by the end of the week.
Too busy playing Batman Arkham Asylum to get that last achievement I need (clearing it in Hard.)

If it wasn't for that... (and the fact that this rustbucket of mine would probably overheat from playing it. Anyone want to buy a large amount of classic PC games off of me so I can build a new PC?)

Apparently there is a bizarre fix for Deus Ex HR Director's Cut performance problems: Run Chrome browser in the background and it fixes the frame rate. Something to do with timer resolution, I have no idea what that is.

Started playing System Shock 2 for the first time and I feel like such a chicken. I jump every time I turn a corner and there's a body (enemy or just corpse)! The music just makes the atmosphere so tense.

Apparently there is a bizarre fix for Deus Ex HR Director's Cut performance problems: Run Chrome browser in the background and it fixes the frame rate. Something to do with timer resolution, I have no idea what that is.
That's it.. I'm going to run all of my games with Chrome open from now on. Google must've made a deal with Square Enix, it's the only thing that makes sense!

You two got a room and this was the result.
1314020655_fotozhabnye-zhivotnye-15.jpg
When is the Steam winter sale?
You know, I'd ask you where one finds a picture such as that. But I'm afraid that you'd actually tell me.

You know, I'd ask you where one finds a picture such as that. But I'm afraid that you'd actually tell me.
In Massachusetts, the home town of your avatar. Go Sox?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvUMV1N7eGM[/youtube]

In Massachusetts, the home town of your avatar. Go Sox?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvUMV1N7eGM[/youtube]
I finally know how to spell my home state. Oh I know that there's a "Mass" in there, and a "chu" and even a "setts". But I always forget about the "koko" part. Thanks man.

Oh and you damn well better believe it's Go SOX!!

Is there gonna be a Steam Halloween sale?

How much do you guys think I can get for a Splinter Cell Blacklist Uplay code and a AC4 Uplay code? I'm gonna buy a GTX 770 tomorrow. I think I can get $25 for the batman code.

Deal of the Day is... Spec Ops: The Line

I'll be honest... When this game was first announced I was intrigued by it. When they announced Nolan North* was doing the voice work for it... I was extremely disappointed but my concern was for not... The Line is an amazing game, really one of the best I've played in recent years and North's work is really some of his best... (Once or twice you hear Drake but, honestly, how many different ways can a guy voice falling through open air?)

I ended up getting 49 of 50 achievements (360 version), the only achievement left was beating the game on FUBAR (fucked Up Beyond All Repair) but after beating the game on the aptly named Suicide Mission I wanted a break and just haven't made it back to it... (It has 4 difficulties, FUBAR unlocks after Suicide Missions is complete, so if you not masochistic you can still enjoy the game too! :) )

I say “enjoy” lightly... Its a dark game and not for everyone but its pretty thought provoking... So its likely not for everyone.

Depending upon what “The Panda” can get it for I might double dip... though I'm trying not to spend much/any money on games so I can upgrade sooner than later... (I'm just not sure how much its going to matter in the long run.)

(* Not because I think he's horrible, he's anything but because he's Nathan Drake and I have a hard time with his “normal” voice work as it always makes me think Nathan Drake.)

Deal of the Day is... Spec Ops: The Line
...snip...
Agree with your comments on the game. But just a PSA, Amazon has had the game cheaper ($4.99) on it's own as well as even cheaper bundled (and cheaper yet with credits). Personally, I'd wait for the holiday sales to pick this one up, though it does have above average campaign for a modern day shooter.

Agree with your comments on the game. But just a PSA, Amazon has had the game cheaper ($4.99) on it's own as well as even cheaper bundled (and cheaper yet with credits). Personally, I'd wait for the holiday sales to pick this one up, though it does have above average campaign for a modern day shooter.
Yeah, I'll likely end up waiting... It sort of depends on what Jake can get it for but there is no denying that holiday says are a coming. :)

Edit: Yeah, going to wait. I'm hoping for a L4D/L4D2 sale sometime this week and a few other horror games too...

goood times damn u amazon steeam who this year wants thy money ehhe. i got specs op the line for 9.99 during winter sale bundle with wait for it bioshock 1 and 2 and once for me once for frineds and it was 4.99 second time bundle

If you bought Syder Arcade from the Greenlight Bundle:

Syder Arcade has been greenlit! Get your steam key!

Syder Arcade has been released on Steam. Since you have bought the Green Light Bundle that featured this game you now get your free steam key!

Your steam key: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

*A lot of games featured in Green Light Bundle have been greenlit lately. We will send you the steam keys of those games once we have them. Don't forget to like our Facebook page to stay informed of all Green Light Bundle news!

How much do you guys think I can get for a Splinter Cell Blacklist Uplay code and a AC4 Uplay code? I'm gonna buy a GTX 770 tomorrow. I think I can get $25 for the batman code.
Thread on new NVIDIA deals here: http://slickdeals.net/f/6368242-nvidia-gtx-770-and-780-price-drop-and-assassin-s-creed-iv-black-flag-tom-clancy-s-splinter-cell-blacklist-deluxe-edition-and-batman-arkham-origins-gaming-bundle

Thoughts on these deals? I feel like we're going to see a flurry of new videocard deals in the next few months and some price wars between the two companies, after a good year and a half of stagnation. Personal I'd love to see some killer deals involving price cuts, rebates, and selling off game bundles on a relatively high-end card, as I just have a 7850 1GB. On the other hand, with my backlog I don't exactly see myself needing a Titan any time soon.

The SC Blacklist code cost me 18 dollars on ebay and Origins 22 bucks.

Yeah, I'll likely end up waiting... It sort of depends on what Jake can get it for but there is no denying that holiday says are a coming. :)

Edit: Yeah, going to wait. I'm hoping for a L4D/L4D2 sale sometime this week and a few other horror games too...
The sale has to start today or tomorrow. Halloween is on Thursday, it's got to be one of those two days...

Whoa, close one! I was gonna buy a GTX 770 today for $400 and just happened to see the announcement that it's dropping to $329 tomorrow. I hope this price cut is reflected in Canadian prices. The 770 is $400 in the US and around $440 in Canada but I was gonna get it on sale for $400.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back