CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm hosting a Steam Key giveaway. Here are the rules:

1. I will only give out the key to a CAG user I deem is not a douche-nozzle

2. Most of you are douche-nozzles.

3. A smaller percentage of you are douche-canoes, you are also not eligible.

4. The rest of you are jack-wagons...yep, not eligible.

Enjoy the giveaway!
What are the games?

I'm hosting a Steam Key giveaway. Here are the rules:

1. I will only give out the key to a CAG user I deem is not a douche-nozzle
2. Most of you are douche-nozzles.
3. A smaller percentage of you are douche-canoes, you are also not eligible.
4. The rest of you are jack-wagons...yep, not eligible.

Enjoy the giveaway!
But WTF, what are you giving away?!

EDIT: Ninja'd

A simulator that simulates simulators? fuck, I wanted that!
It's my game. I'm now a game developer. You will soon be able to buy into the early access of it on Steam for $100 $99.99. Don't want the riff-raff garbaging up the forum during the important Alpha testing. Not just anyone can simulate playing a simulator of all other simulators in an extreme way.

It's my game. I'm now a game developer. You will soon be able to buy into the early access of it on Steam for $100 $99.99. Don't want the riff-raff garbaging up the forum during the important Alpha testing. Not just anyone can simulate playing a simulator of all other simulators in an extreme way.
<waits for next IndieGala>

<waits for next IndieGala>
Woah, woah, woah there...Patience....In order to foster goodwill with my future customers, I am going to have complete transparency into my business plan:

rcsample Incredibly Transparent Business Plan (ignore the edits, I need to remove those in the final).

1. Come up with slick teaser video to get suckers customers hooked. (I'm thinking a vid of me playing Woodcutter simulator and I'll edit in some robots shooting at me....better yet ZOMBIES!)

2. Have my corportate shills, raving fanbois, independent reviewers plant author reviews on different review sites (ratings will all be 10's of course)

3. Have any opposition to my game shutdown by: raving fanboi shouting, YouTube, RIAA, MPA, FBI, CIA, FDIC...whatever is appropriate.

4. Profit.

5. Disappear into the night.

I gave way to the $1 tier in the Sid Meier's Humble Bundle, but something odd happened. Did anyone else get two library entries from adding Civilization IV Complete Edition? Of the four games in the complete edition you could install those like any other game, but each has an identical copy only with a small darkened rectangle box (pictured below). To that I say, WTF?

[customspoiler='Seriously, WTF?']
Sid_Meier_WTF.jpg
[/customspoiler]

It's not a big deal as I'll just toss these into the "Do Not Want" category for library cleanliness. I thought it was rather odd and wondered if anyone else experienced the same thing.

I gave way to the $1 tier in the Sid Meier's Humble Bundle, but something odd happened. Did anyone else get two library entries from adding Civilization IV Complete Edition? Of the four games in the complete edition you could install those like any other game, but each has an identical copy only with a small darkened rectangle box (pictured below). To that I say, WTF?
The other one is probably the mac version. Notice the "Sid Meier's Civilization IV is not available on your current platform."

Sid_Meier_WTF.jpg
[/customspoiler]

It's not a big deal as I'll just toss these into the "Do Not Want" category for library cleanliness. I thought it was rather odd and wondered if anyone else experienced the same thing.
Apparently there is some cock-up with Civ IV installation showing two installs (thinks it's installed for two OS's). I think everybody (that got the humble bundle key and installed it?) is having this issue...I am.

Edit: DAMN YOU SID MEIER! DAMN YOU TO HELL!!!!

Edit2: WHY CAN'T MY LIBRARY ENTRY FOR CIV BE UNDER 'C' INSTEAD of 'S'?!?!?!?!?

Edit3: DAMN YOU ROBIN WILLIAMS! (see below)

"Bill said, 'When's my next flight simulator coming out?' And I said, 'I'm not doing a flight simulator; I'm doing a pirates game,'" Meier told Kotaku. "He said, 'Well that's crazy, 'cause people want your next flight simulator ... Wait a minute. Put your name on it. Maybe if they liked your flight simulator games, they'll recognize the name and buy this crazy pirates thing.'"

However, Stealey remembered things a bit differently: "We were at dinner at a Software Publishers Association meeting, and [actor] Robin Williams was there. And he kept us in stitches for two hours. And he turns to me and says 'Bill, you should put Sid's name on a couple of these boxes, and promote him as the star.' And that's how Sid's name got on Pirates, and Civilization."

It's been mentioned many times and plenty recently...

Civ IV (like GTA III/VC/SA) has separate library entries for the PC and Mac versions.

It has always been this way.

Next time, I'm cracking skulls...

Sid_Meier_WTF.jpg
[/customspoiler]

I have the same problem with my Steam and it wasn't purchased from the humble bundle.

Sid_Meier_WTF.jpg
[/customspoiler]

It's exactly as the others above me have already said.

Humble also tweeted about it, linking this support page if you're interested:

http://support.humblebundle.com/customer/portal/articles/1438541-why-am-i-seeing-two-copies-of-civilization-games-in-my-steam-library-

The other one is probably the mac version. Notice the "Sid Meier's Civilization IV is not available on your current platform."
Yeah that was my first thought as well. I've never seen a double entry before so it caught me off guard.

Thanks CAGs for clearing that up.

Civ IV (like GTA III/VC/SA) has separate library entries for the PC and Mac versions.

I actually don't digitally own any of the GTAs prior to IV and I haven't played a Civilization game since the first MicroProse release back in 1991. Crazy I know. I finally got back into Civ with the latest version, so I apologize for not knowing what I should've known. :fridge:

This Borderlands 2 malarkey is pretty good, I thought I wouldn't like the cartoony cel-shaded graphics that much but I do.

The humour is great, really like that.

I still don't like the price though, but it's getting closer to my comfort zone.

I actually don't digitally own any of the GTAs prior to IV and I haven't played a Civilization game since the first MicroProse release back in 1991. Crazy I know. I finally got back into Civ with the latest version, so I apologize for not knowing what I should've known. :fridge:
There are known knowns and there known unknowns. There are also unknown unknowns. And fool me twice, well you aren't going to fool me a third time.

This Borderlands 2 malarkey is pretty good, I thought I wouldn't like the cartoony cel-shaded graphics that much but I do.

The humour is great, really like that.

I still don't like the price though, but it's getting closer to my comfort slap zone.
no s**** so sad

nvm blah it shows different from game tho nvm blha

I was playing Ethan Meteor Hunter and Steam decided to update the game while I was playing, which isn't possible so it kept looping the update and causing massive framerate slowdown/stuttering in the game. I guess Steam's FAKE CAG alert went off to try to stop me from playing a game. I should know better.

I was playing Ethan Meteor Hunter and Steam decided to update the game while I was playing, which isn't possible so it kept looping the update and causing massive framerate slowdown/stuttering in the game. I guess Steam's FAKE CAG alert went off to try to stop me from playing a game. I should know better.
That didn't happen to me. Must be a steambox defect. Hopefully it blows up and throws shrapnel at you.

It wouldn't be much trouble...

2014_02_07_00001.jpg

Ok CAGs, here’s my last giveaway for Steam thread regulars. Once again:

1. You must have joined CAG prior to January of this year (except for MindRiot, I like that guy).

2. You must be known to me and a regular contributor to this thread. Still planning on doing a massive bundle key drop for lurkers later. But these giveaways are taking up more of my time than I had anticipated.

3. One game per person.

4. Quote this post and PM me - games gifted first come, first served.

The games:

Thomas Was Alone

Knights of Pen and Paper - to hal

Fairy Bloom Freesia - to Waggles

Mirror’s Edge (Steam or Origin, your preference)

Max Payne 3 - to Capt. Urahara

The Secret World - to spoderm...I mean lostnumberwar

Sleeping Dogs - to sch0oldaze

Go go go!
Max Payne, SD, and TSW in there.

Wow, what a giveaway! :D

Takedown: Red Sabre is in a special 90% off promotion ($1.50)

$4.49 for a 4-pack or $1.13 each

It's 90% off, but you should probably read reviews.
Upcoming 505 Humble Bundle material, yes? ;)

EDIT:

I really wish the Mac-version entries for Civ series and GTA Trilogy were listed as MAC Version or had a symbol in it next to Steam library or something.

EDIT 2:

The Bundle Stars store has the Gothic Universe Edition (Steam) for $4. Cheapest it's been according to ITAD.
So worth it, IMHO.

PB's Gothic 1 and 2 were really good - especially G1 (my favorite of the club).

Gothic 3 is still mad-rough around the edges...and that's even after all the Community Patches.

Oddly enough, I'm still tempted by Takedown.  I mean it'd be great for some awful BGCQ MP.  It is prime bundle material though... but would be cheaper in a bundle?  probably...

It's one review, but the initial impressions of RPS on TESO aren't good...
Not surprised.

I always thought point of TES games were to have an offline experience w/ the game-size akin to that of what you'd normally find in MMO's.

But, one of the other things that makes TES so special is - MODS, MODS, MODS! These games have the SDK, are so loved, and are so modded - that if you ain't satisfied w/ the core experience, there's likely at least ONE mod out there to take it to another level for you. Likely, there's A LOT of mods out there that you'll wind-up liking.

I think putting TES into the MMO and online space - that will make the game too restrictive and too much like any other MMO out there.

Anyone else notice some already released games making some minor change and getting bumped back up to the top of the 'new release' list?

First Agarest and now Loren. I don't even think it's intentional but that sort of exposure most likely has an effect on sales and it seems like something that could be easily abused.
Is it really any different than Train Simulator hogging the New Release tab with eleventy billion DLCs?

Maybe Steam will actually improve the process this time, but I'm not holding my breath.

Woah, woah, woah there...Patience....In order to foster goodwill with my future customers, I am going to have complete transparency into my business plan:

rcsample Incredibly Transparent Business Plan (ignore the edits, I need to remove those in the final).

1. Come up with slick teaser video to get suckers customers hooked. (I'm thinking a vid of me playing Woodcutter simulator and I'll edit in some robots shooting at me....better yet ZOMBIES!)

2. Have my corportate shills, raving fanbois, independent reviewers plant author reviews on different review sites (ratings will all be 10's of course)

3. Have any opposition to my game shutdown by: raving fanboi shouting, YouTube, RIAA, MPA, FBI, CIA, FDIC...whatever is appropriate.

4. Profit.

5. Disappear into the night.
5. Change the name of your game to "Infestation: Survivor Stories" and swipe a second pile of cash from unsuspecting gamers.

Ok CAGs, here’s my last giveaway for Steam thread regulars. Once again:

1. You must have joined CAG prior to January of this year (except for MindRiot, I like that guy).

2. You must be known to me and a regular contributor to this thread. Still planning on doing a massive bundle key drop for lurkers later. But these giveaways are taking up more of my time than I had anticipated.

3. One game per person.

4. Quote this post and PM me - games gifted first come, first served.

The games:

Thomas Was Alone

Knights of Pen and Paper - to hal

Fairy Bloom Freesia - to Waggles

Mirror’s Edge (Steam or Origin, your preference)

Max Payne 3 - to Capt. Urahara

The Secret World - to spoderm...I mean lostnumberwar

Sleeping Dogs - to sch0oldaze

Go go go!
Since noone seems to want Mirror's Edge could I get the Steam key for my daughter Cyrus?

all MMOs i've played are kinda boring imo

the content just has to be stretched too thin to keep you coming back 

i guess it's more about the social aspects but i never got into any deep enough to make it meaningful 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back