The Steve "Dr. Death" Williams Memorial Wrestling Thread

[quote name='Scorch']Shamelessly stolen from TMZ:

13z7luo.jpg

$120 bond? Each? What?[/QUOTE]

Gregory Helms is The Hurricane!? =O

Holy shit, I was dying of laughter when Storm was pointing out the flaws of TNA's version of the Screwjob.

TMZ.com is reporting that WWE star Matt Hardy was also involved in the Wednesday morning incident that led to the arrests of Chris Jericho and Greg Helms, according to law enforcement sources.

Witnesses told police that Hardy was in a taxi with Jericho, Helms and several others, when Helms allegedly struck three people (including a female).

Matt Hardy allegedly took off on foot with Helms. After they bailed, the cab driver called 911.

Helms returned to the scene and was arrested along with Jericho. Police are not pursuing any sort of action against Hardy.
Nice knowin' ya, Hurricane. See you in TNA in a few months as (hopefully) "Sugar" Shane Helms again.

Dear TNA: When you bring in former WWE talent, please do something to differentiate them from their former personas. There's no excuse that there are about 3 former WWE guys that, sans their ring names, are carbon copies of their WWE gimmicks, right down to their entrance attire.

[quote name='Purple Flames']Dear TNA: When you bring in former WWE talent, please do something to differentiate them from their former personas. There's no excuse that there are about 3 former WWE guys that, sans their ring names, are carbon copies of their WWE gimmicks, right down to their entrance attire.[/QUOTE]

#-oI was thinking this exact same thing when Kennedy came out. Hey, yeah. You can announce your own name and stuff. Cool. Now shut up and do something else if you're capable of it.

You know how you make the flatliner look worse than the other 400 wrestlers who use it? Take 20 seconds to set it up.

[quote name='JJSP']...such as?[/QUOTE]

I meant 'getting injured'. I mistyped.

Kennedy (Anderson?) always struck me as the guy at school who initially seems to be in the cool crowd, but once you study the situation a little more, it becomes apparent that he's simply desperate to be in the cool crowd and manages to hang around the periphery despite no one really liking him.

Each time I see Hernandez' back tattoo I support wrestling companies having to approve, ahead of time, what their employees get tattooed on them.

Though that theory is dispelled by Gregory Helm's positively wretched back tattoo.

[quote name='Chase']TNA's hiring of elder talent wouldn't be so bad if the elder talent put over younger talent, and then left the company. For instance, if Hall and Nash put over Beer Money, Inc.; or Honky Tonk put over...uh...Eric Young (?), and then left the company, I would be OK with TNA using money to help establish their younger talent.

However, I think that's opposite of what will happen.[/QUOTE]

Please tell me you're not equating HTM with having talent. :)

[quote name='mykevermin']Each time I see Hernandez' back tattoo I support wrestling companies having to approve, ahead of time, what their employees get tattooed on them.

Though that theory is dispelled by Gregory Helm's positively wretched back tattoo.[/QUOTE]

Anyone who would have their name tattooed on them probably needs to have their name tattooed on them. Stupid people frequently forget important information like that. That's the only thing less imaginative than tribal designs.

This wasn't as good as last week's show, but I was glad to see them continue the trend of not having 4,000 things going on throughout it at a rapid pace. However, despite the slower pace of the show as a wholeI don't think they spent enough time on some things - Lashley's firing was done and brushed off in one segment, and the Hebner Screwjob deal wasn't really played up much despite it being the title of the episode.

I did like that they tied Flair into this and it made sense for his "Nature Boy" character to have tons of money, and having Earl take a big payoff from him to do the screwjob, just like in Montreal, at least made this seem like a justifiable knock-off of Montreal. Well, a better one than I expected anyway. I hope the check Earl got from Flair was a cashier's check. Either from a bank or a Wal-Mart employee - either would probably be more reliable than one from Ric's account.

Bischoff being a complete dick to everyone but Hogan will never get old - his stuff with Foley and Flair was great, and man alive has Flair been awesome in TNA. He appears to be having a blast, and just having him hold the TNA World Heavyweight title makes it seem more important. AJ as the world's geekiest Nature Boy is amusing too. I love that he completely doesn't fit the part at all, which works in a way because Flair said that AJ would be the next Flair - if he means the next man to carry the mantle as the best in the world and carry guys to great matches night after night for years on end, then it totally fits.

The Nasty Boys-3D segment was certainly impossible to turn away from. Ray and Devon made great points, while Sags spoke clearly about basically nothing, and Knobs made excellent points about the great teams they'd faced and beaten - and thank God he did because I'd forgotten about them, and also appeared to be having a heart attack on TV. I really hope that they're done after their PPV match, which Tenay sold very well by saying it was two legendary teams who never could have faced off before, but now, they can.

The 8 Card Stud tournament's stupid name reminded me of that Deuce's Wild one for the tag belts a couple years back - it was seemingly a simple tournament concept, but then Tenay and Taz started talking about the top 10 rankings and how they're being established, which is great, but didn't seem to quite fit into this here EIGHT MAN tournament. Brackets also would've been nice. I loved the Vegas-style graphics for this thing, although I don't quite see how it's a perfectly-named tournament as Tenay did. If the PPV was taking place in Vegas, sure, then it would make sense - but it's not and so this thing just seems like a goofily-named deal for no good reason.

Still, I enjoyed the tourney matches tonight. They were short, but went on about as long as they needed to. Wolfe-Morley was a great showcase for Wolfe, and I liked seeing them rectify the PPV's blunder and having a TNA guy pin Val Venis, who took part in possibly his first-ever world title tourney in the U.S. here. Wolfe's work on the arm continues to help him stand out from the rest of the roster - I especially loved his kick to the ropes as Morley's arm was stuck in them. Hernandez-Daniels showcased Supermex's power and Daniels' speed and was about as good a five minute match as one could expect from them. Nothing particularly amazing about it, but Daniels sold like a champ for Hernandez and is doing really well in his current gatekeeper role in TNA.

Hall and Waltman's thing was kinda weird. They really need to rundown who all has been fired or quit, or whatever, before doing these things, because I'd completely forgotten about them apparently being fired or not having contracts. Foley's interaction with Bischoff was great throughout the evening, but I especially loved his evidence of him not being the attacker by saying that if he was, Eric wouldn't have been able to walk to the ring. His story about his kid crapping in Chuck E. Cheese was unexpected, but made sense when he explained that he'd rather be the guy cleaning it up than work for Eric again.

Kendrick/Guns vs. GenMe/Red was less insanely-paced than the Guns/Me match from Impact, and more akin to the Kendrick-Red match from the PPV but with a slightly faster pace. Kendrick, despite being a lower-card guy, has an established character after just one Impact appearance - he's a loner who doesn't care about anyone but himself, even if he's teaming with you. Why does that matter? Because before, it would take eons for them to even begin to get that far with a guy's character, and now, they did it in one show. Massive improvement there.

The deal with Big Rob giving the case...eh, I'm not as big a fan of it, as it made NO SENSE WHATSOEVER and they didn't do anything to actually explain why this was allowed despite doing the whole "WHEN WE COME BACK FROM COMMERCIAL, WE'LL SEE WHAT HAPPENS" deal, and then the match is like 1/2 over when they're back. Doug's certainly a better fit for the belt, and it furthered the angle of Rob's dissatisfaction with them, but still made no sense. It's a better move overall though, but I would've settled for a simple "Rob did it to make amends with this team" explanation, and they didn't even do that, or explain why the Freebird rule was in effect for this briefcase. TNA's never been able to get the MITB execution down, and this just continued that trend.

TBP vs. Kong/Hamada/Tara was...amusing. Madison landing on Hamada during the ropewalk armdrag, Lacey selling a Hamada kick that missed by a mile, and Taz saying that the only thing worse than Velvet's screeching voice is Lacey in the ring - greatness. As was TBP's pre-match deal with Lacey thinking the "belt around the waist" motion meant the belts were going in their bellies and Velvet asking Madison to pet her because she's too far away - this group FINALLY has chemistry together and I love it. Everything but the actual wrestling thing. Also, Taz was on friggin fire throughout this match commentary.

Kennedy-Jarrett was Kennedy's best match in at least three years. Good lord did he come off like a top-level guy after this, and I'd give a lot of that credit to Jarrett, who worked his usual formula match, but tweaked it to fit the storyline. His character hasn't wrestled in seven months, so he was winded much faster than he normally would've been. Kennedy also worked on the arm - something I wish he hadn't done as it didn't really mean much overall, and it cheapened Wolfe's deal, which is constantly attacking the arm. The finishing sequence was great, with Jarrett turning the Mic Check into an attempted Stroke, only to have Kennedy low blow him and hit the Mic Check to win. Then he announced his name, mocked Jarrett's groin injury, kicked his ass, and said his name again. This ruled. Eric giving him a ringing endorsement via a split screen made this seem like an even bigger deal. The new TNA is way, way better at star-making than the old one was.

Screens -

Quotes -
Tenay - Hulk Hogan is going to update us on the abrupt conclusion to last week’s AJ-Angle matchup!
Hogan - YA KNOW SOMETHING ERIC, IT’S WIDE OPEN IN THE IMPACT ZONE BROTHER! THERE’S SO MUCH BUSINESS! I WANNA GET MICK FOLEY OUT HERE RIGHT NOW, WE GOT SOMETHING WE GOTTA WORK OUT, BROTHER! WELL THANKS FOR COMING OUT TO VISIT US OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE IMPACT ZONE! WE’RE GONNA WORK OUT THIS SITUATION BETWEEN YOU TWO GUYS RIGHT NOW GUYS!
Eric - Hulk, we don’t have a situation - I fired him AFTER HE BEAT ME HALF TO DEATH!
Hogan - There’s a lot of buttons that’ve been pushed here, and I’ve never had a chance to work with Mick Foley, Cactus Jack, or whatever ya are now. I see a lot of things that are right on the money, and the closer I get to you, there’s a lot of things that need to be dialed in. I think we can turn him into an asset!
Eric - HE COULDA PUT ME IN THE HOSPITAL!
Foley - Last week, I wanted to hit Eric, I WISH I HAD, and I look at those little stitcheroonies and know that I couldn’t have done it.
Eric - YOU WANT THESE PEOPLE TO BELIEVE THAT!? I COULD BARELY WALK TO THE RING!
Foley - IF I’D DONE IT, THEY WOULDA CARRIED YOU OUT OF MY OFFICE ON A PLATE!
Hogan - Not saying I don’t believe ya, Eric, but Mick, we need to get this worked out. Ya either work it out or ya walk out!
Hemme - I’m here with Ken Anderson.
Anderson - Oh, I get it - cuz we’re BUDDIES! I’M MR. ANDERSON! I have to do everything myself. And since I have a match tonight, I have to BOOK MYSELF. I’m issuing an open challenge to anyone in the TNA locker room - Sting, MCMG, Beer Money, Joe, the guy who drops my mic, you, honey?
Hemme - No.
Anderson - That’s what I thought. I’M BEGGING, I’M PRAYING TO GOD THAT IT’S ABYSS! Please, Abyss, accept my challenge. But it doesn’t matter - because the only name that anyone’s gonna remember at the end of the night is that of yours truly - MISSSTTERRRRR ANNNDDDERRRSOOOONNNNNN!
Hemme - Sounds like…
Anderson - ANNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDERRRRRRRRRRRSOOOOOOOOOOON!
Taz - I was able to find out the name of the woman Desmond comes out with - Chelsea.
Tenay - What’s the asssocation?
Taz - I don’t know her that well.
Tenay - I meant between her and Desmond.
Taz - Oh, I don’t know about the guy’s romantic life - I just know that I’m happy when she’s around!
Taz - This is the best of the best in the 8 Card Stud tournament!
Taz - IT’S GO TIME FOR SEAN MORLEY!
Tenay - We want to thank the TNA FANS FOR MAKING LAST THURSDAY’S IMPACT THE MOST-WATCHED IMPACT EVER ON THURSDAY NIGHT!
Taz - It was very good of Morley to get out of that wacky submission!
Tenay - This tournament will help Hogan and Bischoff determine the rankings for the world title!
Taz - THAT’S SOMETHING YOU DON’T USUALLY SEE IN PRO WRESTLING! THEY’RE IN THE CHASE TO GET TO THE TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN!
Eric - Where’s your attorney?
Jarrett - I apologize for that. Being around Bubba…maybe being with the outsider helped me see things from a different light. I’ve done some things that have hurt peoples’ trust with me and I’m here to start new.
Hogan - If we’re gonna see the old Jeff Jarrett - who I was with many years ago, then we’re fine.
Jarrett - If I gotta start from the bottom, I will.
Hogan - We need help here.
Bischoff - Well, Anderson’s got an open challenge - main event - Jeff Jarrett versus Ken Anderson in the main event!
Jarrett - I haven’t wrestled in seven months, Eric.
Eric - I’m sure you’re a phenomenal athlete. It’s for the best of TNA.
Jarrett - I’ll get ready.
Hogan - Man, you’re stiff! Tone it down a notch.
Tenay - Earlier, we talked about the abrupt ending to last week’s AJ-Angle match, now let’s review it!
Taz - This isn’t the first time we’ve seen Heber involved in shenanigans like this!
Taz - I will never forget Angel spitting in Hogan’s face!
Taz - Last week, HE WENT BALLISTIC!
Tenay - He thought he was out of title shots for the year!
Flair - CUSTOM MADE!
AJ - We’re going on a little vacation, right?
Flair - 30 DAYS!
AJ - THEY’RE GONNA BE ON THE FLOOR, IF YA KNOW WHAT I MEAN!
Flair - Hey, you got a friend for me!?
Girl - I know just who to call.
Tenay - Daniels is gonna have to use his speed and agility.
Taz - Daniels’ speed and agility aren’t doing him much good being held vertically up in the air in a suplex!
Taz - HOW BIG IS THIS TOURNAMENT!?
Tenay - AND JUST AS BIG IN MY EYES IS THE RANKING SYSEM SET UP BY HULK HOGAN AND ERIC BISCHOFF!
Taz - Big beal with the T-Shirt Beal shirt.
Taz - Hernandez playing possom. Big possum.
Taz - Palm strikes from Daniels.
Tenay - SHOULDER STRIKE FROM HERNANDEZ!
Taz - Hernandez is like GET OFF ME! BOOM!
(as 3D and the Nasties are shown backstage)Taz - Lucky you, YOU GET TO BE THE MEDIATOR BETWEEN THESE TWO TEAMS. Good luck - you’re gonna need it!
Tenay - At Against All Odds, it will be the first meeting of two of wrestling’s most well-known tag teams! LET ME INTRODUCE A TEAM THAT IS HARDCORE AND JUST PLAIN NASTY - THE NASTY BOYS!
Taz - For those who don’t know the Nasty Boys, they’re alla bout being mean and nasty. And they’re from Nastyville - and from what my people tell me, it’s about 3 miles away from Parts Unknown. They’re not about low carb or being on the cover of GQ - they’re about kicking butt and taking names.
Tenay - 23 TIME TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS - BROTHER RAY AND BROTHER DEVON - TEAM 3D!
Taz - There is no denying the success worldwide that Ray and Devon have had.
Ray - HEY NASTIES, CHECK THIS OUT! YOU WAITED UNTIL ME AND MY BROTHER WERE IN JAPAN, THEN YOU DESTROY OUR LOCKER ROOM, AND THEN THE NEXT WEEK, YOU BLAST US IN THE BACK OF THE HEAD LIKE A COUPLE FO PUNKS! BUT LAST WEEK, ME AND MY BROTHER TOOK 2 CHAIRS AND WRAPPED THEM AROUND YOUR HEADS! YOU REMEMBA!? YOU KNOW WHAT I WANT TO KNOW, WHAT HE WANTS TO KNOW, WHAT THEY WANT TO KNOW - WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN FOR THE PAST 10 YEARS!?
Sags - LISTEN FAT BOY, WE WERE BORN NASTY, WE’RE STILL NASTY, AND WE’RE GONNA DIE NASTY! UNLIKE YOU TWO BOZOS!
Devon - THAT’S REAL CUTE, BUT WHILE YOU BEEN SITTING ON YOUR FAT ASSES FOR 10 YEARS, MY BROTHER AND I HAVE BEEN WINNING WORLD TAG TEAM TITLES! WINNING THEM IN EVERY COMPANY WE’VE EVER BEEN IN - STARTING WITH ECW, WWE, WE’VE ALSO BEEN OVERSEAS GETTING TITLES IN ALL JAPAN, NEW JAPAN, AND FOR FIVE YEARS, WE’VE BEEN IN TNA FIGHTING FOR THOSE WORLD TAG TEAM TITLES! AND GENTLEMEN, NOT ONLY DOES THAT MAKE US THE BEST, BUT THERE’S NO TAG TEAM THAT’S COME CLOSE TO ACCOMPLISHING WHAT WE HAVE. NOT YOU OR ANYONE ELSE BEFORE YOU!
Knobs - LISTEN UP YOU BOZOS, THE ROAD WARRIORS, THE STEINERS, THE HART FOUNDATION, HALL AND NASH, HARLEM HEAT - THE LIST GOES ON AND ON ABOUT LEGENDARY TAG TEAMS THAT HAVE FELT THE WRATH OF THE NASTY BOYS! NOW TEAM 3D, YOU’RE ON THE NASTY BOYS CHOPPING BLOCK! AND COME VALENTINE’S DAY, FEBRUARY 14TH, ME AND SAGS AIN’T GONNA BE GIVING YOU IDIOTS FLOWERS OR CHOCALATES - WE’RE GONNA BE KNOCKING YOUR TEETH DOWN YOUR UGLY, STINKING THROATS! THEY LINE EM UP, WE KNOCK EM DOWN!
Ray - Listen Knobs and Skanks, whatever your name is - PEOPLE ALL OVER THE WORLD WANNA SEE US FIGHT!
Knobs - I DON’T THINK…
Ray - STOP TALKING YOU BIG BLOB MORON! AT AGAINST ALL ODDS, WE’LL SEE YOU.
Taz - It’s gonna be violent. And Valentine’s Day. More like St. Valentine’s Day Massacre.
Madison - Angelina’s so 2009 - and the Beautiful People have moved onto bigger and better things! We’re gonna put the belts where they belong! (does belt motion)
Lacey - IN OUR BELLIES!?
Velvet - Please pet her - I’m too far away.
Madison - Around. Our. Waists.
Eric - Bobby, glad to see you. Hulk and I were impressed with you last week - we just gotta tell you that - YOU’RE FIRED. F-I-R-E-D - FIRED! Taking out the trash.
Tenay - Well, that wasn’t what Lashley expected.
Taz - Well, he’s the guy who two weeks ago didn’t wanna be here. If he doesn’t wanna be here - let him leave!
Taz - I’ve been noticing Lacey’s new doop-dee-doo entrance.
Taz - I think I wanna be reincarnated as a second rope. You ever wanna be a second rope?
Tenay - About now.
Taz - LET THE PIGEONS LOOSE!
Taz - You ever feel broken, Mike? BROKEN, BROKEN! Not saying you’re broke. You know who lives in that trampoline house?
Tenay - Poison!
Taz - Why does Tara have to bring that tarantula, daddy long-legs thing out here?!
Tenay - One word - Intimidation.
Taz - You’re probably right.
Taz - I don’t think that Angelina’s so 2009 - I think she’s 2010, 2011...
Tenay - No limit!
Taz - I don’t know what’s worse - Velvet’s voice, which is so grating, or Lacey, who was in there for a cup of tea.
Tenay - Or coffee.
Taz - I like tea.
Taz - Jamie McGee almost got a 3.
Tenay - Tucker.
Taz - Yeah.
Tenay - Jamie McGee distracted.
Taz - TUCKER!
Tenay - HULK HOGAN HAS SUMMONED EARL HEBNER! TO HIS OFFICE!
Taz - Cohesiveness won the match.
Tenay - And the Ugly Stick.
Taz - Madison and Lacey are stomping a hole in Tara!
Hogan - Earl, it’s not good - your side isn’t good about why you rang the bell early.
Earl - When Angle went over, he hit the mat - it was a tap out!
Hogan - I SAW IT, I WATCHED IT ON MY MONITOR! AND IN THE CURTAIN! I SAW THAT ANGLE HAD HIM IN IT, HE HAD IT CINCHED - AND YOU, LIKE ME HAVE 30 YEARS, YOU KNOW WHEN IT’S CINCHED! IT WASN’T TIME - 12 YEARS AGO IN MONTREAL, YOU RANG THE BELL AND IT WASN’T TIME! WHY!?
Earl - VINCE DIDN’T SCREW BRET, BRET DIDN’T SCREW BRET, SHAWN DIDN’T SCREW BRET, I SCREWED BRET! JUST LIKE I DID LAST WEEK! I NEEDED THE MONEY! FLAIR WROTE ME A CHECK!
Hogan - THAT’S TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE, EARL! YOU’RE SUSPENDED - I DON’T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH YOU!
Tenay - Last week, he was screwed by Earl Hebner! Now, we’ll find out what’s on the mind of Kurt Angle!
AJ - RIC, RACHEL CAME THROUGH! YOU READY TO GET THIS PARTY STARTED!?
Flair - You know who I am? THE NATURE BOY RIC FLAIR!
Taz - I gotta start hanging out with the Champ and the Nature Boy.
Foley - Bubba, you’re a glass half-empty kinda guy.
Bubba - What if things don’t go well?
Foley - I drive a 2002 mini-van and don’t owe anyone a dime - things will still be fine. Glass half-full.
Angle - AJ Styles, our match at Genesis was a match I’ll never forget. It was the greatest match of my life (a few people clap) That’s why I’m confused, disappointed, and most of all - pissed off! We shook hands, AJ! WE MADE AN AGREEMENT THAT THAT MATCH WOULD DETERMINE WHO THE GREATEST WRESTLER IN THE WORLD WAS! IT WOULDA BEEN TALKED ABOUT FOR FUTURE GENERATIONS! YOU COULD’VE TOLD YOUR GRANDKIDS ABOUT IT! YOU DISAPPOINTED ME, THE BOYS IN THE BACK, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, THESE GREAT TNA WRESTLING FANS! You went from a hero to a punk-ass bitch in one night! And then this past Thursday, our rematch - the Earl Hebner screw job - I DIDN’T SEE THAT COMING, but do you think Ric cares about you? He’s using you - he wants to strip you of your innocence. HE IS THE DIRTIEST PLAYER IN THE GAME. Is that how you want your legacy to be? I have a qualifying match for the 8 Card Stud tournament - which means when I win, it’ll be you and me 1 more time, and this time, you won’t get by the greatest wrestler that ever lived. It’s real - it’s damn real! (Hogan comes out)
Hogan - You know something, when you came into my office, you accused me of something I wasn’t guilty of, and I told you I’d get to the bottom of it and I did. If it was 25 years ago, things could’ve been different, but that was then and this is now. As the leader of TNA, I function on a business level. Last week, when you spit in my face, that’s unacceptable, and if that ever happens again and you cross that line, you can consider yourself unemployed! Do we have an understanding?!
Angle - First of all, I apologize for what I did. It was unacceptable. I admit that. But Hulk, you have to understand that you’re leading TNA - which means that everything that happens in the ring, you’re held accountable for. I’m going to apologize because what I did was wrong!
Tenay - If you’re trying to get TNA contracts, could you take a worse path than Hall and Waltman?
Taz - I don’t think so.
Taz - Kendrick’s a loner - even though he’s teaming with the Guns, he’s about one thing - Brian Kendrick.
Taz - To have both Generation Me and the Guns under our umbrella at one time - that’s pretty cool.
Taz - SUPERKICK!
Tenay - RIGHT IN THE GRILL OF MAX!
Tenay - WHEN IT COMES TO FEAST OR FIRED - IT’S ALL ABOUT THE TIMING, AND THE BRITS CASHED IT IN!
Tenay - WE’RE MOMENTS AWAY FROM JEFF’S FIRST MATCH IN SEVEN MONTHS!
Foley - Eric, I kind of admire your gumption. Since Hulk’s not here - did you do it yourself? Pay a guy?
Eric - We need to work it out.
Foley - My son was 3, and he dropped a deuce in the Chuck E Cheese tunnel. One brave man cleaned it up.
Eric - Your point is?
Foley - I would rather be that man than work in this company for you. I’m sorry to hear that, because two people are close to you, do. Abyss and Borash - I have their careers in the palm of my hand.
Foley - You wouldn’t.
Eric - You know I would. Have a nice day. See ya, Mick. (to camera guy)You, you follow me - it’s what you’re paid to do.
Flair - WOOO WOOO WOOO! WE’RE OFF FOR 30 DAYS!
Eric - We’re gonna get to that, but a couple things first. Ric, congratulations, Hogan and I are stuck with you! You must have a great attorney.
Flair - I KNOW!
Eric - You had your contract signed before we arrived. Smart move.
Flair - You’ve never said that to me before!
Eric - I’ve got some news for you. I wouldn’t be planning any trips, AAO is coming up, and under this regime, everyone has to be ready 24/7!
AJ - Don’t worry about him ladies, you’re with the champ!
Anderson - Ladies and gentlemen! STANDING BEFORE YOU - HE WEIGHS IN TONIGHT AT 235 POUNDS! HE HAILS FROM GREEN BAY, WISCONSIN! MISSSSTTTEEERRRR ANDDDERRRRSOOOOONNNNNNN! AANNNNDDEERRRRSOOOOONNNN!
Tenay - After all the ballyhoo for Mr. Anderson, the entrance of Jeff Jarrett is in stark contrast!
Taz - Seems like Bischoff is making Jeff Jarrett start at the bottom of the ladder.
Tenay - He starts on that bottom rung and has to prove himself. I’m hearing from the truck that Eric had Jeff’s music pulled!
Taz - Music’s important - it gets ya amped up!
Taz - Jeff’s got the 12th man behind him - the TNA audience.
Anderson - JARRETT! JARRETT!
Tenay - HERE IT COMES - THE JARRETT STRUT!
Taz - You can run on a treadmill or in the street all ya want, but there’s nothing like being in the ring night in and night out, and I think that’s why we’re seeing Anderson dominate Jarrett.
Anderson - AND THE WINNER OF THE MATCH - ONCE AGAIN - MISSSTTERRRR ANDEERRRSOOOONNNN! (kicks Jarrett’s ass) Anderson!
Eric - Jeff, it’s gonna be a long, hard climb to the top of my mountain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Judging by how many stories there are of Helms getting shitfaced and doing something stupid, it's probably a good thing he's got his name on his back so someone can return him to the rightful owner if he wanders off.

So judgmental. Man likes to drink.

Y'all never been somewhere you shouldn't have been, stinkin' fuckin' drunk, at 5AM?

Something my brother pointed out that struck me as odd - they were arrested *this* morning - Thursday AM. They finished taping SD on Tuesday night, right? The hell's that exciting in the greater Cincinnati area to hang around a whole day extra?

Can't say that I have, Myke. I just think that if you're 145 lbs soaking wet, you should probably know to reel it in a bit.

Maybe they were on an all night Skyline Chili bender...or back to school coeds at UC.

They had to scour the woods for Matt Hardy who was running from the cops still.
I heard the local sheriff found him by following the bow legged snow tracks and the sound of wheezing.

I'm visualizing where they must have been since it was a Shell station.

I think it was a place where we used to get in a fuckload of trouble as a kid. If it's the same spot, we got in a bunch of shit with the cops for turning our friend's car (a compact ford festiva) sideways in the parking spot it was sitting in, b/w two other cars. Then there were the dozens of lawn ornaments we stole from neighborhood houses and decorated the roof of the music store (next door to the gas station) with...

I'm reliving my adolescence for real, b/c I grew up half a mile from erlanger ky, and my best friends grew up there.

I still think it's silly that this gets so much press. Oh, no, somebody done got stupid drunk! FFS, they got drunk and called a cab. Good for them.

I can't believe "guy drinks a lot, gets belligerent" is making headlines. Just shows how ridiculously infatuated we are with celebrity culture that this gets press.

This whole 8-man tournament thing that TNA is doing...what is the point of having Hernandez go over Daniels to get in? He's already got the tag belt, and I'm pretty sure he's not going to win the tournament. With 97 guys on the TNA roster, I'd rather see Morgan and "Hotstuff" against Beer Money than see him drift around in a tournament he won't win.

If Hurricane gets future endeavor'd, then he can finally devote his life to tweeting 24/7.

[quote name='JJSP']This whole 8-man tournament thing that TNA is doing...what is the point of having Hernandez go over Daniels to get in? He's already got the tag belt, and I'm pretty sure he's not going to win the tournament. With 97 guys on the TNA roster, I'd rather see Morgan and "Hotstuff" against Beer Money than see him drift around in a tournament he won't win.[/QUOTE]

The people they selected for the tournament are appalling. Tomko, who hasn't had a single match on TNA in years, has a possibility of going into a PPV title match?

[quote name='mykevermin']So judgmental. Man likes to drink.

Y'all never been somewhere you shouldn't have been, stinkin' fuckin' drunk, at 5AM?[/QUOTE]

You've never gotten a tattoo that you didn't later regret to some extent?

I'm not harpin' on ya, I'm just sayin'.

http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/12123/

--Here are a few more notes regarding the Chris Jericho/Gregory Helms arrest story that isn't in the item already on the front page. Several sources are saying that Helms never hit the woman in the taxi, Ashley Storer. Helms left the taxi and ran off when the driver stopped at the gas station. Matt Hardy was chasing Helms and trying to get him to come back. The only other note is that Phillip Brooks and Jason Reso (C.M. Punk and Christian) were said to be the two who posted bond to get Jericho and Helms released about an hour later.
I can imagine Punk in character giving them a lecture while driving back to the hotel. :lol:

If anyone's interested in the first two Dragon Gate USA PPV DVDs, their official www.dgusa.tv site is making them available for a limited time with free shipping due to the first show being voted in as the best show of the year and the second one being voted in as the third-best.

Here's Volume 10 on sendspace - I nixed the rapidshare link after getting an e-mail from them about the dangers of sharing the link from my premium account.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/5hkt4u

Greatness - Tony Atlas tells Kozlov about the greatness of being a U.S. citizen in 2010 -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQU99vnULq4

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='diddy310']Hurricane and Santino have been pulled from the Royal Rumble, replaced by Matt Hardy and Chris Masters.[/QUOTE]

I haven't been keeping up much with the story... why is Santino pulled from the Rumble?

wow that's messed up.. helms gets pulled but Jericho stays. Jericho never gets in trouble, he's already fucked up a couple times within the past year.

Santino is probably selling the storyline injury from Monday when Swagger pretty much gave him the Flatliner into the corner post.

This morning during The Bubba the Love Sponge Show, Eric Bischoff shot down The Honky Tonk Man’s claim that he is “close to signing with TNA.” “I’d rather drive a rusty ice pick through my eye than work a day with him,” Bischoff quipped. “This guy couldn’t draw flies if you rolled him in cow s—. He’s negotiating with himself. No truth to that at all.”

On the other hand, Hulk Hogan said he would not mind bringing The Honky Tonk Man to TNA. He joked that HTM trademarked “Linda Hogan” because nobody else did and suggested he work a program with Bubba.

“If we brought him in and we did a program with Bubba, it would mean something,” Hogan said.

I imagine Helms got pulled because of the alleged "he hit a woman while drunk" complaint that's going around. Storyline wise, it's a lot easier to pull Helms than it is to pull Jericho.

Speaking of Jericho, I just got back from his Fozzy signing at J&R. I had him sign my copy of SvR 2010 with "gelatinous tapeworm," and he was like "How do you spell that?"

From http://www.tnawrestlingnews.com/headlines/266829320.shtml

[quote name='TNAWrestlingNews.com']Ring of Honor has filed a lawsuit against Ric Flair, alleging that Flair owes the company over $40,000. The suit was filed this past Thursday in Bucks County, PA.

ROH says that Ric Flair was signed to make five appearances for the company, at $10,000 per appearance. Flair did not make the appearance in Montreal in July of 2009, and failed to repay the $10,000 that was paid to him for the event. Also, the suit alleges that Flair came to terms with the company to appear in an authority figure role on the ROH TV show. Flair was paid $35,000 for the TV appearances and only made one appearance. The second taping is when Flair showed up, and made a brief announcement to the crowd that he was resigning due to his relationship with WWE.

The belief was that Flair was going to use his relationship with ROH so that his son Reid could work there and continue his pro wrestling education. Those plans never happened, due to Reid being arrested on several drug charges last year. At this time, ROH has made no official comment on the deal.

You have to ask yourself - what is TNA paying him if ROH was paying that much?![/quote]

Also Impact did a 1.4 rating which is the highest TNA has done on Thursday.

[quote name='diddy310']Hurricane and Santino have been pulled from the Royal Rumble, replaced by Matt Hardy and Chris Masters.[/QUOTE]

Well, that completely changes the complexion of the match. I have no idea who's going to win now.

I finally watched The Rise and Fall of WCW. Pro wrestler and suit testimonials held my interest and elaborated on stories I had heard about before (i.e. Goldberg elaborating on how the 'Goldberg' character gained its catchphrase). I enjoyed how the piece prominently featured Chris Jericho and Dean Malenko, and Duthy. I feel WWE presented a fair and detailed retrospective on the history of WCW, Eric Bischoff, Vince Russo, and why WCW succeeded and died.

I hope WWE releases more WCW footage. I would be interested in buying DVD or Blu-ray collections of WCW Monday Nitro and WCW Thunder by year.

Wrestlemania 2011 will be in Atlanta at the Georgia Dome.. I may finally be able to go to a WM for once. ATL is only about 4 and a half hours away from me.

Seriously? We have the Royal Rumble this Sunday and now we're getting WM. I seriously doubt I'll go due to astronomical prices but it's still cool to have it in town. It definitely has to be in the Dome since spring weather down here is unpredictable.

[quote name='mykevermin']10 year deal? The next Bret Hart.[/QUOTE]

Or the next...Mark Henry? I have no idea what that means.

bread's done
Back