The Target Clearance Thread Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDirty

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Copied from OP of former Target Clearance threads* (Links Coming)

Winter 2k6 thread
Summer 2K5
Spring 2005 thread
Original Target Clearance Thread

Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to http://upcdata.info/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

Games that do not sell after being discounted are often donated to local Goodwills for sale at their retail stores, so check there when the clearance items dissappear.

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

*Thanks to CheapyD and BigDirty for the info*

Keep it on topic or your post may be deleted to prune down the thread size.

The Zelda Swords finally hit $10.04 and there was just one left by now. The Tony Hawk decks finally dropped to $22.44 as well. I was disappointed when I read the VERY small print that said the wheels and trucks were NOT included. Lame. Odd that TH Project 8 without the board is still $39.99 when you can get it with the board for $22.44.

So according to the Target theory of prices ending in 4, are $10.04 for Zelda and $22.44 for TH deck the final drops? Seems like a high final price point.

If anyone has a clearanced Viewtiful Joe DS or Namco Museum PSP, I can get some of the other Target clearanced games to trade.

In WDSM, IA I saw

Star wars episode III 4.98 Xbox
True Crime NYC xbox 4.98
Tons of Baten Kaitos 9.98
Tons of Metroid Prime 2 9.98

Is Episode III or True Crime NYC worth 4.98 ???????????

[quote name='GunstarRed']The Zelda Swords finally hit $10.04 and there was just one left by now. The Tony Hawk decks finally dropped to $22.44 as well. I was disappointed when I read the VERY small print that said the wheels and trucks were NOT included. Lame. Odd that TH Project 8 without the board is still $39.99 when you can get it with the board for $22.44.

So according to the Target theory of prices ending in 4, are $10.04 for Zelda and $22.44 for TH deck the final drops? Seems like a high final price point.

If anyone has a clearanced Viewtiful Joe DS or Namco Museum PSP, I can get some of the other Target clearanced games to trade.[/quote]

Yes, those would be the final price drops on the sword and THP8.

[quote name='guinaevere']Same exact story. I picked up Gunpey last week for 14.98 and saw it a couple days ago at a different Target for 7.48. I picked it up and returned the 14.98 game to the original store.[/quote]
I did the same for Viewtiful Joe DS. Bought it for $4.98 and returned the $9.98.

[quote name='guinaevere']And which FF is this? Has Dawn of Souls dropped finally?[/quote]
Yeah, that's the FF I saw for GBA for $9.98, down from $14.98.

:ps2:
I mentioned the EyeToy Play 2 is on clearance for $12.48. No drop on that, but now the regular EyeToy Play is on clearance for $14.98. (If you want the Kinetic EyeToy, I saw it at BestBuy for $14.99.)

Hit an out of the way Target today and found a Mad Catz racing wheel for Xbox 360 50% off at $34.98. I had a 10% off certificate (for use w/ my Target Visa) and picked it up for just over $30. Anyone ever used one of these before? Any good? I've always wanted to try a wheel but never wanted to pay $50-$100 for one.

I also finally broke down and bought the ipod hi-fi for $174.xx with the 10% off. There's one left which I figure I'll go check on Monday and if it's still there and marked down further, I'll just buy that one and take this one back. At least I have one now and $175 is still a great deal on this. I also found in the men's section a bunch of leather ipod cases for the video ipods marked down from $19.99 to $4.98. Just a heads up for anyone who needs a decent looking case for their video ipod.

Also found:

Star Wars Ep. III Xbox $4.98
Sonic Advance 3 GBA $9.98
Killzone PS2 $9.98
Harvest Moon: Wonderful Life GC $9.98 (is this game any good?)
Wipeout Pure PSP $4.98

Bought em all! :hot:

I picked up Odama without a mic for $4.96 and then went nextdoor to gamestop and bought a used mic for $4.99 so I guess I got Odama for $9.95

[quote name='guinaevere']What's the price on the Starter Kit? And what's a DCPI number?[/quote]

Saw one copy of the clearanced Starter Kits unloading/stocking yesterdays truck. IIRC it was 29.9x.

A DCPI number is just a number that the Target system uses to look up/track items in the system. It comes up on all the planogram labels (3-2-4 format number on the strips) and is also on every clearance price tag. Can put them into the customer scanners to see price/backroom stock or if you get a nice employee with a PDA - they can put the number in, and possibly get it pulled for you to buy if it's in the backroom. We have strange rules with merchandise not on the floor, apparently we're allowed to sell it to guests, but forbidden from buying it ourselves. "Collectible" items like Hot Wheels, TMX's, Barbies, and probably the Tony Hawk decks, etc, we can't ever pull to sell until they go through the regular autofill system tho.

Just came across a great set of deals...

Burnout Revenge (Xbox) --- $4.98
X-Men Legends 2 (GC) --- $4.98
MegaMan Zero 4 (GBA) --- $4.98
Killer 7 (GC) --- $3.98

many others

i'm busy / lazy and haven't been on top of the list the past couple days. if someone else wants to copy/paste and take the helm, by all means.

i felt like i hit the jackpot last night. went to target not even thinking about going to the game section but by the digital cams they had all the clearance games and there was just too many to pass on. heres what i grabbed:

eyetoy play 2 - $12.48
killer 7 for GC - $3.74!!!!
conker reloaded for XB - $4.98
advanced wars: dual strike for NDS - $4.98!!!!
fire emblem for GBA - $7.48

and the best deal was:

We Love Katamari for the PS2 - $7.48!!!!

there was a few others i missed and passed on.. like:

Doom for XB - $4.98
Xmen Legends for GCN i think - $4.98

there was also a few sports titles that were $1.9x but I didnt bother.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Okay, you bastards need to stop posting Target Clearances as my Targets suck and you're making me jealous.[/QUOTE]

move

Anyone find an extra Mega Man Zero 4? It's the only MMZ I don't have and the one copy I was continuosly hiding got bought a few months back.

[quote name='RedvsBlue'][quote name='RollingSkull']Okay, you bastards need to stop posting Target Clearances as my Targets suck and you're making me jealous.[/quote]move[/quote]
My Targets are at full CAGpacity. You cannot move here.

Part VII, eh?

This will obviously be the first Target Clearance Thread for a good many people, who will then idolize it in true fanboy bullshit form, until the inevitable Target Clearance Thread XII, which will be even more full of hyperbolic praise as "the greatest clearance thread ever."

Got Gunpey (DS) for $7.98 tonight. It was still in the glass case and marked $29.99. The guy kind of treated me like I was an idiot for asking him to check the price and then was like, "Huh... Yeah, it's $7.98..."

Also picked up Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle Earth (PC) for $9.99. I think the only reason either of these were still there was that they weren't marked properly. This game had no price on it at all. The rest of the stuff was pretty picked over, but they did have Untold Legends for $7.98 which is a very decent deal if you don't already have it.

Compiled a couple of the DCPI numbers so you might be able to search stores for price drops. Some already mentioned but some pulled from Target.com.

207 00 0591 Xbox Live Starter Kit
207 00 0604 MC2 Mad Catz Steering Wheel for Xbox 360
207 16 0866 Conker or other cheap xbox games
207 12 1493 We love Katamari PS2
241 08 9780 One Piece Carnival PS2
207 14 0696 One Piece Carnival GC
207 20 0203 Metal Gear Acid PSP
207 16 0961 Ultimate Spider-man XB
207 02 0220 Gunpey DS

If you find any more Target clearance game DCPI's, copy these and add yours.

[quote name='Strell']Part VII, eh?

This will obviously be the first Target Clearance Thread for a good many people, who will then idolize it in true fanboy bullshit form, until the inevitable Target Clearance Thread XII, which will be even more full of hyperbolic praise as "the greatest clearance thread ever."[/quote]
Maybe...but I still go back and reread Target Clearance Thread Part VI every now and then- it was awesome. If that thread is ever re-done for my cell phone's browser I'll be all over it.

Checked out one of the local Targets here and not much of anything.

The endcap with Tony Hawk at $44 is gone. Most all the games that were clearanced are gone except for the Spongebob type games.

Except, I did find Advance Wars: DS for the $4.98 price. It was still in the lock-up cage with a Spongebob tag in front of it.

Something must be up though, all the games that they keep "out" are gone. Animal Crossing and the other $19 games are gone.

Oh and my Target still has the Apple Hi-Fi... for $2XX.

anyone have an extra Animal Crossing or Kirby Canvas for trade/sale? Ive gpt an extra Gunpey DS.

Oh and I finally broke down & got the Tony Hawk 8 w/board [PS2], it's pretty nice.

[quote name='FRAUD_WHATS_THAT']Compiled a couple of the DCPI numbers so you might be able to search stores for price drops. Some already mentioned but some pulled from Target.com.

207 00 0591 Xbox Live Starter Kit
207 00 0604 MC2 Mad Catz Steering Wheel for Xbox 360
207 16 0866 Conker or other cheap xbox games
207 12 1493 We love Katamari PS2
241 08 9780 One Piece Carnival PS2
207 14 0696 One Piece Carnival GC
207 20 0203 Metal Gear Acid PSP
207 16 0961 Ultimate Spider-man XB
207 02 0220 Gunpey DS

If you find any more Target clearance game DCPI's, copy these and add yours.[/QUOTE]

What is DCPI? Do you hand the # to the CSR to look for them if they have it in stock or search it at target.com?

thanks

[quote name='postaboy']What is DCPI? Do you hand the # to the CSR to look for them if they have it in stock or search it at target.com?

thanks[/quote]

Punch it in on a Target price scanner (the one's that have a keypad) and it will tell you the price and if it's in stock.

picked up simpsons: road rage (gc) for $9.98. saw atleast 12 copies of killer 7 for $3.48. is the clearance animal crossing for the gc?

The DCPI for Tony Hawk Project 8 (Xbox) with skate deck is 207 16 1097

Most stores still have them for $44.98 but managed to get it for $22.44 which I heard is the final markdown.

If anybody picked up a Canvas Curse I'd be more than happy to trade/buy it off of them. I picked up a Viewtiful Joe DS if anybody was interested in that one.

[quote name='ethxn']Killer 7 I believe. But, the last We Love Katamari? The 38th Street store hasn't had that game in weeks. And, yes, I work there and we all check for hidden games in every aisle, especially neighboring areas. I call your bluff.[/quote]

You must be blind, because it was in the case and marked for $7.50. I'm willing to waste my time posting a picture of the receipt if you're willing to tell me on what day the damn sporting good clearance drops are. I never hide games but I do occasionally find them hidden at the 38th St. store. Katamari was in the PS2 case, very bottom shelf, marked correctly with a clearance tag. Only other clearance games in that case were hockey games.

I got an errant copy of Wario Ware Touched. I haven't seen a new one in the stores for quite a while so I jumped even if it was 17.48

[quote name='Ctl-Alt-l33t']Hooooolllyy crap!!!! I'm goin to Target in 15 mins. Thanks OP!!![/quote]

Get ready for some major disappointment.

[quote name='Rictor']I'm willing to waste my time posting a picture of the receipt [/quote]
Impress me then, Super Dog. I'd like to see the dated receipt. :D

I'm surprised your posts aren't followed up by, "That 38th street area is so ghetto just like Washington Square." Funny enough you aren't even from Carmel or Fishers. You're from near Avon. LMAO. No wonder you carry a gun. It's a deal. I'll be sure to tell you when the sporting goods markdowns happen because I know you'll be needing a new gun rack to mount in the rear of your pickup truck.

*plays Dueling Banjos song* ;)

im going to try to get one of those tony hawk skate decks where are they llocated in the gam section usally cause if not ive not seen it at mine maybe ill try some others.

Over the last few days, from a couple of different Targets, I picked up the following:

Gunpey (DS) - $7.48
Kirby: Canvas Curse (DS) - $4.98
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones (GBA) - $7.48
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (GBA) - $4.98
X-Men Legends 2 (GC) - $4.98
WWE Day of Reckoning 2 (GC) - $4.98
Battalion Wars (GC) - $3.74

I also saw:

Burnout Revenge (XB) - $4.98
Ultimate Spider-Man (XB) - $4.98
Neopets (PS2) - $9.98
Shaman King (PS2) - $9.98
Arcade machine with 12 Konami games - $199.98

Would anyone be willing to sell me either of these?

Zoo Keeper (DS) 7.48
Kirby: Canvas Curse (DS) - $4.98

My Targets don't have them. I will send you money first if you have positive feedback. I have Paypal. :D

I picked up:

Ys Ark of Nap PSP for $14.98

I already have this game for the PS2. I'm looking to trade it. I really want Wario Ware Touched or Eye Toy Play 2. LMK CAGers if you interested.

[quote name='ethxn']Impress me then, Super Dog. I'd like to see the dated receipt. :D

I'm surprised your posts aren't followed up by, "That 38th street area is so ghetto just like Washington Square." Funny enough you aren't even from Carmel or Fishers. You're from near Avon. LMAO. No wonder you carry a gun. It's a deal. I'll be sure to tell you when the sporting goods markdowns happen because I know you'll be needing a new gun rack to mount in the rear of your pickup truck.

*plays Dueling Banjos song* ;)[/quote]

Let's see, I'm a liar and a redneck? Wow, you're really trying to become CAG of The Year with all of these compliments, eh? Usually we try to treat each other with a little civility on here. Maybe you took offense at my comments about an area of town because you live there, but that doesn't change the fact that 38th St., Washington St., and most other areas of the city inside the 465 loop are in decay. There's a serious problem with businesses leaving and property values going down or staying steady in those areas. Big parts of downtown have been reclaimed over the last decade though.

Here's my receipt. The Sony game is Katamari. You can compare the number with the one in the computer at work if some one can't confirm it here. Oh look, there's fishing gear on the receipt too. I'm so ashamed...please don't make fun of me and call me a redneck for fishing in the pond my house sits on, Mr. High & Mighty Target Employee.

not reading through all the BS so sorry if this is a repost but today I saw

MarioDDR with pad $49.99 (MSRP but was shocked to see them stocked )
Warioware Touched(DS) $17.48
Harvest Moon: Wonderful Life (GC) $9.98

[quote name='Rictor']Let's see, I'm a liar and a redneck? Wow, you're really trying to become CAG of The Year with all of these compliments, eh? Usually we try to treat each other with a little civility on here. Maybe you took offense at my comments about an area of town because you live there, but that doesn't change the fact that 38th St., Washington St., and most other areas of the city inside the 465 loop are in decay. There's a serious problem with businesses leaving and property values going down or staying steady in those areas. Big parts of downtown have been reclaimed over the last decade though.

Here's my receipt. The Sony game is Katamari. You can compare the number with the one in the computer at work if some one can't confirm it here. Oh look, there's fishing gear on the receipt too. I'm so ashamed...please don't make fun of me and call me a redneck for fishing in the pond my house sits on, Mr. High & Mighty Target Employee.

[/quote]
Ok, gotcha. Now you're just a redneck. :applause: And it's not because of your lazyass "sport." LOL @ pond. A redneck's jacuzzi. I'm not trying to be CAG of the Year, but looks like you've won for Asshole of the Year. LOL. Civility, my ass. http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105903 You thought people would go along with you but instead you looked like the ignorant redneck that you are. :bouncy:

I live in downtown Indianapolis. Near the Rathskellar. I'll buy you a beer if you ever make it away from your sheltered Avon life.

Peace! And don't be pissed because I didn't tell you when the gunracks would get a markdown, ya hear?

You kids need to get a room. Can't we just be friends instead of classist biggots ?

On a lighter note, I got these yesterday.

Zoo Keeper (DS) 7.48
Darkwatch (PS2) 4.98
187 ride or die (PS2) 2.48
Lego Star wars (gba) 7.48

[quote name='JJSP']Ahem, boys. You two are from Indiana. You're both rednecks.

Deal.[/quote] Says the man with the wrestler looking avatar. :booty:

I'm from Chicago. My college is in Indiana because I got a scholarship.

Deal with that and mind your own business, son.

[quote name='ethxn']Ok, gotcha. Now you're just a redneck. :applause: And it's not because of your lazyass "sport." LOL @ pond. A redneck's jacuzzi. I'm not trying to be CAG of the Year, but looks like you've won for Asshole of the Year. LOL. Civility, my ass. http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105903 You thought people would go along with you but instead you looked like the ignorant redneck that you are. :bouncy:

I live in downtown Indianapolis. Near the Rathskellar. I'll buy you a beer if you ever make it away from your sheltered Avon life.

Peace! And don't be pissed because I didn't tell you when the gunracks would get a markdown, ya hear?[/QUOTE]
Woah. Not only has Rictor made a better board member than you in this thread alone, he's been doing it a lot longer than you. Don't fight the losing battle man. Forum wars are a bitch and I doubt your childish persona can withstand it.
But don't worry baby. I'll leave the light on for when you come home defeated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back