The Target Clearance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to www.schworak.com/upc/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

When posting what you have found, please note the location that you found it at, example:

Philadelphia, PA
Snyder Plaza

Game Name, System, Price

(This edit from Big Dirty)

[quote name='Vnt'][quote name='ElwoodCuse']Wilkes-Barre, PA- SSX3 (Xbox) $9.98 one copy left[/quote]
eh? you really got this game for $10? it must have been a mistake[/quote]

No, I bought this for 9.98 a couple of weeks ago from Target. There were still several copies on the shelf. They are tagged 19.99 but ring up 9.98.

[quote name='Vnt'][quote name='ElwoodCuse']Wilkes-Barre, PA- SSX3 (Xbox) $9.98 one copy left[/quote]

I doubt it was a mistake. It is a good price, but not so good as to be hard to believe.

[quote name='Indiana'][quote name='Vnt'][quote name='ElwoodCuse']Wilkes-Barre, PA- SSX3 (Xbox) $9.98 one copy left[/quote]

No, I bought this for 9.98 a couple of weeks ago from Target. There were still several copies on the shelf. They are tagged 19.99 but ring up 9.98.[/quote]

I can vouch for that. I picked up one for myself and i used one in a trade to get my hands on a Guantlet. This was about a week ago.

I ended up back at Target, and they had a few more games up. Now there are:

Amped 2 (Xbox) - $14.98
WWF RAW 2 (Xbox) - $9.98
SSX 3 (Xbox) - $9.98
Spyhunter (Xbox) - $9.98
Robotech (PS2) - $8.48
Mat Hofman's Pro BMX 2 (Xbox) - $8.48

Not too much in the way of GC or PS2 titles, but plenty of Xbox games. I may go back for Amped 2.

Does anyone know if RE 0 is a clearance game now. The Target (Mt Pleasant, MI) by me has it in their clearance area of games, however, I didn't have a bar code to check it with, and didn't want to ask an employee to scan it as I was so pissed they were mysteriously out of Godzillas after they had like 4 of them the other day. I dunno who bought em all up, but shame on you for not waiting til the price dropped under $13.98.

Target clearanced out the non-PC Resident Evils a few months ago. The PC ones are still regular price as far as I know.

Are you sure that includes RE 0. I havent seen the other REs in while but Ive seen alot of 0's and I checked the price a few weeks ago and it was still the players choice price of $19.99 then.

Hey fellas, do you guys know of any rainchecks we can get in anticipation of NFL2K5? I know it's already $20, but it would be really nice if we can get it even cheaper.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']Hey fellas, do you guys know of any rainchecks we can get in anticipation of NFL2K5? I know it's already $20, but it would be really nice if we can get it even cheaper.[/quote]

Remove the stick. Buy it for $20.

checked RE0 just about every time i went to target, it's still 19.99. doesn't your target have little stations where you can check the prices of games yourself? RE0 has been out of the glass casing for a while, at least at my target, and those are the games that i rummage through to find potential deals.

My best buy doesn't have those gamer cards sitting around anymore anyone know where they would have moved them to or if they just stop carrying them at some places?

Grave_Addiction

Rainchecks for next week

Red Dead Revolver (both PS2 and Xbox)
Full Spectrum Warrior (xbox)
Harry Potter 3 (GC,Xbox,PS2)
Transformers (PS2)

$29.77 each
pretty sure all of them are regularly 49.99, so that's 40% off rainchecks next week.

[quote name='mmn'][quote name='Grave_Addiction']Hey fellas, do you guys know of any rainchecks we can get in anticipation of NFL2K5? I know it's already $20, but it would be really nice if we can get it even cheaper.[/quote]

Remove the stick. Buy it for $20.[/quote]

Ummm, why buy it for $20 when you can get it cheaper?

[quote name='fireball343']Grave_Addiction

Rainchecks for next week

Transformers (PS2)

$29.77 each
pretty sure all of them are regularly 49.99, so that's 40% off rainchecks next week.[/quote]

Thank you, sir.

[quote name='fireball343']Grave_Addiction

Rainchecks for next week

Transformers (PS2)

$29.77 each
pretty sure all of them are regularly 49.99, so that's 40% off rainchecks next week.[/quote]

Can you explain Rainchecks for the new cheapasses. :D

If you visit a Target and they don't have one of the games on the list, you can ask for a raincheck instead - you might even get one (take the ad just to be safe). These rainchecks can then be used on any game to get X percentage off the usual retail price. Yo.

[quote name='swick']If you visit a Target and they don't have one of the games on the list, you can ask for a raincheck instead - you might even get one (take the ad just to be safe). These rainchecks can then be used on any game to get X percentage off the usual retail price. Yo.[/quote]

will this work for the PS2 FFXI, HDD??

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back