The Target Clearance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to www.schworak.com/upc/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

When posting what you have found, please note the location that you found it at, example:

Philadelphia, PA
Snyder Plaza

Game Name, System, Price

(This edit from Big Dirty)

[quote name='bhfgamer']also Deus Ex Invisible War (PC) was $6.98 or $8.98. too bad my PC cant run that game![/quote]

Your computer must be very old in that case. How old is it?

today i was at the target at 14 and john r, by oakland mall. they had:

-ncaa 2004 (gamecube) 20.98
-apmed 2 (xbox) 20.98
-wwe raw 2 (xbox) 9.98
-golden sun the lost age (gba) 9.98
-prince of persia the sands of time (gba) 9.98
-obi wan (xbox) 9.98
-pokemon channel (gamecube) 20.98

and a bunch of other gba games that i don't remember for $9.98.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']bah the target by me sucks, Godzilla was $14 and TMNT (GC) wasn't even on clearance yet, what's their deal...[/quote]

you need to think of every target as privatly owned.
clearance can vary on many factors
surrounding stores etc.
you can always try to buy from the store that is full price and return to the one that is clearance,But they will not resale you the item until
it has been put back on the shelf."generally"
sometimes you can get lucky.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers'][quote name='bhfgamer']also Deus Ex Invisible War (PC) was $6.98 or $8.98. too bad my PC cant run that game![/quote]

Your computer must be very old in that case. How old is it?[/quote]

It's not just old computers that can't run it. You need a graphics card with Vertex Shading. I bought my computer last year, pretty good, but I can't run it.

[quote name='bhfgamer']also Deus Ex Invisible War (PC) was $6.98 or $8.98. too bad my PC cant run that game![/quote]

19.99 at mine. :(

Don't know if it's been posted yet, but BG:DA2 (PS2) is $37.77 (Clark, NJ). Keep an eye on that one, .77 could mean a fairly dramatic drop in price soon.

[quote name='ViolentLee'][quote name='hiccupleftovers'][quote name='bhfgamer']also Deus Ex Invisible War (PC) was $6.98 or $8.98. too bad my PC cant run that game![/quote]

It's not just old computers that can't run it. You need a graphics card with Vertex Shading. I bought my computer last year, pretty good, but I can't run it.[/quote]

Nah, his computer is probably so new, with such a powerful graphics card, that games over 2 weeks old won't run on it because the code can't keep up with the hardware. It can only run games designed to run on an operating system that will be available 7 months from now. That operating system may or may not have have a hack available to allow backwards compatibility with games developed prior to its release. I bet his computer goes to 11.

This (my post) was completely random and useless. I apologize for wasting your time. No, not you, the other guy -- your time is worthless, I'm not apologizing to you. I need more sleep

An ASSLOAD of PC games scanned in at $0.00, but they told me Homeworld 2 was 6.58 and Medieval Total War expansion was 4.38. Not good enough for me.

[quote name='guessed'][quote name='ViolentLee'][quote name='hiccupleftovers'][quote name='bhfgamer']also Deus Ex Invisible War (PC) was $6.98 or $8.98. too bad my PC cant run that game![/quote]

It's not just old computers that can't run it. You need a graphics card with Vertex Shading. I bought my computer last year, pretty good, but I can't run it.[/quote]

Nah, his computer is probably so new, with such a powerful graphics card, that games over 2 weeks old won't run on it because the code can't keep up with the hardware. It can only run games designed to run on an operating system that will be available 7 months from now. That operating system may or may not have have a hack available to allow backwards compatibility with games developed prior to its release. I bet his computer goes to 11.

This (my post) was completely random and useless. I apologize for wasting your time. No, not you, the other guy -- your time is worthless, I'm not apologizing to you. I need more sleep[/quote]

Yaeh your right about the vertex shading being required on deus Ex: invisible war.

I update my computer about every 6 to 8 months with graphics and the whole kit n kaboodle. Not the best stuff, but the stuff that was the top from the last six months if you catch my drift. that way i'm never to low on the computer totem pole or to high just right in the middle so that most things work. Once in a while i'll get a new graphics card if i fell the game to be worth it like Star Wars KOTOR.

When I said that your computer is very old, i neglected to read the post as careful as i should have and thought that the game was Deus Ex the original. And yes some new computer can't play the game since it is so new, so in short sorry for miscommunication.

Nothing at the Clackamas Promenade location in Portland, OR. Notably, there were several copies of the GH version of Jak & Daxter priced at $39.99. I've heard of GH games being priced higher than the $19.99 MSRP, but I never thought I'd see that in my neck of the woods...

I just went to the local Target and saw Golden Sun: The Lost Age marked for $13.68 but ring up at $9.98. Is the game any good? Cause I didn't pick it up yet, although I'm thinking about going back during the week.

That game is a real good RPG on the Game Boy. Some of the best graphics i've seen on it. I just pcked up today also and i'm not that far into to it so i don't know much about the story, but it seems quite good.

Freedom Fighters for Xbox is ringing up 19.99 but I could have sworn I read that it was clearance...was it just PS2 and Gamecube?

[quote name='benboxer']Freedom Fighters for Xbox is ringing up 19.99 but I could have sworn I read that it was clearance...was it just PS2 and Gamecube?[/quote]

I know the PC version is $10 or under

[quote name='benboxer']Freedom Fighters for Xbox is ringing up 19.99 but I could have sworn I read that it was clearance...was it just PS2 and Gamecube?[/quote]

the ps2 version was on clearance a few months back.

Found Top Spin at the Aventura Target for $14.98
Last copy. They did have a few other titles like Maximum Chase, TMNT, Desert Conflict all XBox and Gozilla DAMM GC on clearance as well. The prices weren't all great, all in the $14 - $21 range.

Pittsburgh PA Cranberry.
Unreal champ.
Obi Wan
Crash bandicoot-wrath

ALL PLATINUM HITS FOR XBOX 9.98.

PC game sanitarium-1.xx

Not really that great and I wouldn't suggest going to Cranberry (especially if you aren't bleach white) the people are pricks there.

Has anyone kept a running list of what games are on clearance? I know it's ymmv but it would be nice to have some sort of guide.

I don't feel like reading like 13 pages of past posts, but someone told me Mega Man: NT was 4.99 at Target? Can anyone confirm this, has anyone even seen it? No one worry about getting it for me if they do find it, I'll find a way to get it, I'm just curious if it is, in fact, 4.99 at Target.

My Target "clearances" never have anything good at all...

[quote name='dragonfireflys']ALL PLATINUM HITS FOR XBOX 9.98.
[/quote]

This was probably a local thing. But if someone esle can give it a try to see if their PH games are ringing up $10 we might have another nice little deal.

i went and no luck with the ones i checked.
i'm guessing dragonfireflys meant obi wan, crash, and unreal, cuz he said it wasn't that great of a deal.

to make a long story short,
i found one copy of Korn's latest album, about a year old now, w/dvd, when it first came out, wasn't going to spend 13-14.99 for it. found Coldplay was on sale for 9.99 and out of stock, asked if i could sub, she said no, asked for raincheck, yes, then she notices the sub at the bottom, and kindly tries to do that for me. she asked someone else they said yes, but then latter she comes back and takes away the rain-check before the women gave it to me cuz it wasn't advertised. there goes my 34% off any cd.

[quote name='dragonfireflys']Pittsburgh PA Cranberry.
Not really that great and I wouldn't suggest going to Cranberry (especially if you aren't bleach white) the people are pricks there.[/quote]

Great line. My brother bought a house in Cranberry this spring, after living within the city limits up until now. I make jokes like that to him all the time.

Just left the Target at Taylorsville Road and Hurstbourne Lane in Louisville, KY

Walked out with:

Amped 2 - $14.98
Obi Wan - $9.98
Conflict Desert Storm - $9.98

Left:

Unreal Championship - $9.98

Ya, the target clearances have been stale for a few months. Hopefully, they start to clear out the older titles like CC did in order to make room for the new fall stuff.

[quote name='The_Continental']The xbox ones?

[quote name='Gojtron']Woohoo. Wife just called and said she found the MS Wireless-G PC adapters were ringing up at 50% off, down to 19.98.[/quote][/quote]

Yes, the Xbox ones. They have been 19.99 for over a month or so but finding them is impossible. I managed to get one and they do work with a PS2 once you configure it. I managed to get another one for 60 at CC on clearance so both systems run on it. The MS tech was laughing when I asked if it would work on a PS2.

[quote name='Demontooth']Just left the Target at Taylorsville Road and Hurstbourne Lane in Louisville, KY

Walked out with:

Amped 2 - $14.98
Obi Wan - $9.98

Left:

Unreal Championship - $9.98[/quote]

Finally another Louisville area CAG! YEAH! or wait....maybe that is a bad thing... :)

Damn, I just bought this from Target on Sunday. It rang up for $79.99. This must be YMMV. You think you could post a receipt scan? Would Target even pricematch it?
[quote name='Aryss'][quote name='The_Continental']The xbox ones?

[quote name='Gojtron']Woohoo. Wife just called and said she found the MS Wireless-G PC adapters were ringing up at 50% off, down to 19.98.[/quote][/quote]

Yes, the Xbox ones. They have been 19.99 for over a month or so but finding them is impossible. I managed to get one and they do work with a PS2 once you configure it. I managed to get another one for 60 at CC on clearance so both systems run on it. The MS tech was laughing when I asked if it would work on a PS2.[/quote]

[quote name='Wlogan31'][quote name='Demontooth']Just left the Target at Taylorsville Road and Hurstbourne Lane in Louisville, KY

Walked out with:

Amped 2 - $14.98
Obi Wan - $9.98

Left:

Unreal Championship - $9.98[/quote]

Finally another Louisville area CAG! YEAH! or wait....maybe that is a bad thing... :)[/quote]

Did you have any luck with the Circuit Citys? I hit Dixe, Shelbyville Road, and Outer Loop and scored 17 games or so.

Target might match it but you know their no PM policy. don't know about the reciept scan but please do. for other stores even would be a good deal.

Checked Target yesterday and saw:

Tekken Tag - PS2, GH
Unreal Championship - XBox
State of Emergency - PS2, both GH and non-GH
Tiger Woods Whatever - GBA
Mobile Light Force 2 - PS2.

[quote name='darkwingduck13']Checked Target yesterday and saw:

Tekken Tag - PS2, GH
Unreal Championship - XBox
State of Emergency - PS2, both GH and non-GH
Tiger Woods Whatever - GBA
Mobile Light Force 2 - PS2.[/quote]

...Prices?

santa rosa, ca

the hobbit for gba - 4.98

after the madness that was CC, a lot of games turned out to be crap and not even worth 4.99. can anyone confirm if this game is worth the clearance price?

On Monday Tony Hawk 2X for X-Box went clearance to 11.88. Also, this isn't clearance, but Conflict: Desert Storm for PS2 dropped permanently to 9.99

[quote name='Gojtron']No actually, just the PC adapter(what I said). XB one still scans at 79.99. This was in Port Orange, FL.[/quote]

Sorry, misread but I do know the MS Wireless G Adapter for Xbox was on clearance for 19.99.

Our Target has:

Syberia (Xbox) - $8.48
Phantasy Star Online I+II (Xbox) - $8.48
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Xbox) - $14.98

[quote name='ElwoodCuse']Wilkes-Barre, PA- SSX3 (Xbox) $9.98 one copy left[/quote]
eh? you really got this game for $10? it must have been a mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back