The Target Clearance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to www.schworak.com/upc/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

When posting what you have found, please note the location that you found it at, example:

Philadelphia, PA
Snyder Plaza

Game Name, System, Price

(This edit from Big Dirty)

Huh, what are you asking here dude?

[quote name='lordopus99']why the quote about PoP? Dude that works in the department bought one a couple weeks back he said at 7.88.[/quote]

Karaoke Revolution w/ Head Set $15.56 is YMMV cuz I tried pickup extra copy from different target and it it RING UP $29.99. I endup used "GRAND THEFT AUTO: Vice City Rain Check" and it knock down $15.58 b4 taxes :)

Still GOOD DEAL RIGHT !!!

SSX 3 (Xbox) - $13.98

Sanitarum (PC) - $2.48

I picked up both of them. $13.98 isn't a great price (seeing how not too long ago I could have gotten it a CC for $14.99) but they only had 2 copies, including mine. I really wanted it, so I didn't want to chance missing it. Still cheaper than buying it used at say, GameStop. :)

in clinton township, michigan:

teenage mutant ninja turtles (xbox): $14.98

there was also a "star wars" platinum hits xbox game whose name i forget (jedi fighter maybe?) for $9.98. it didn't look very promising.

^^Obi-Wan was $9.98

Also Godzilla for GC was $9.98 at one Target and $14.98 at another one I went to. Multiple copies. (Eugene OR)

Also saw Mission Impossible for Xbox at $14.99
Not on clearance, that's regular price now there.

I picked up 2 cheap PC games on clearance...Dinosaur Hunter and Siege of Avalon for 2.48 a piece. DH is more of an educational game as it lets you interact with dinosaurs in their era and also takes you on digs and such. Siege of Avalon is a Action/RPG game in the Diablo mold. Neither are bad for 2.50.

Still a few copies left of Prince of Persia (PC) at St. Louis Target on Lindbergh for $9.9x.

Also had a bunch of Godzilla (GC) for $14.98. Only one TMNT (Xbox) at $14.98.

Nashville --

Hickory Hollow:
Top Spin and Amped 2, $14.98 each.
Star Wars Obi Wan (Xbox, PH)
They had a bunch of strategy guides for $4 to $8, I don't remember which ones.

Cool Springs:
Conflict Desert Storm (The first one, Xbox, both PH and non-PH) 9.98
Godzilla DAMM (GC) $9.98

One of them had TMNT (Xbox) for $14.98, but I don't remember which.

Checked on the Godzilla thing, seems its still $14 at my Target, so I'm gonna have to let this one sit awhile and drop down under $10 before I pick it up. They still have several copies, so unless it suddenly drops down to 1 left I'll wait.

For under $10 each, I was able to pick up:
Unreal Championship (XBOX)
Spyhunter (XBOX)
Obiwan (XBOX)

There were still quite a few left as of 26 Jun 04.

Unreal might be worth the $10. Spyhunter and Obi Wan certainly aren't, especially when you could have probably picked both of those up for less than $5 each in a week or two. Save the receipt and if you see those three titles slip to $5, buy which ever ones are left again and then return them with the receipt that has $10 per game on them and save $5 a game.

.hack 2 - 11.98
boktai - 9.48
dynasty warriors 4 - 12.98
ps2 controllers (clear/greyish) - 6.98
@ Midland, TX

[quote name='red flare graf'][quote name='muncle']
[/quote]

For PS2 or Xbox?[/quote]

yeah i want to know too..ps2 is 50 bucks here

Today I got Top Spin and Amped 2 both clearanced at $14.98 each at Target in Nashville, TN. Great price on these games. They are both Xbox Live enabled too.

[quote name='gsr'][quote name='red flare graf'][quote name='muncle']
[/quote]

For PS2 or Xbox?[/quote]

yeah i want to know too..ps2 is 50 bucks here[/quote]

how can it be 50 bucks? all of the dynasty warriors games come out with a 30 dollar price tag

While on my search for La Pucelle Tactics for $19.99(which I discovered on another thread), I found the supposedly "super rare" GBA Klonoa game for $14.99 at Target.
I'm wondering if it really is rare or not, because they had like 10 copies!

[quote name='philamark']... I found the supposedly "super rare" GBA Klonoa game for $14.99 at Target.
I'm wondering if it really is rare or not, because they had like 10 copies![/quote]

It is not rare, I don't know where you heard that it was. The ps1 Klonoa is rare, and the ps2 Klonoa is a little hard to find (in good shape, anyway).

That's why I said supposedly; Whenever someone makes a rare GBA games topic on any message board, I inevitably see Klonoa on the list.
I knew the PS and PS2 games were pretty rare, so I assumed the GBA was also.

When i was looking for the La Pucelle at my target i came across Conflict desert Storm for X Box for $8.99, I know it is not that good of a game but maybe somebody might want it.

[quote name='lordopus99']i think its a target exclusive. I have never seen GBA Klonoa anywhere but there. Mine also has a bunch of copies.[/quote]

I just saw some at my Circuit City tonight.

[quote name='lordopus99']i think its a target exclusive. I have never seen GBA Klonoa anywhere but there. Mine also has a bunch of copies.[/quote]

Na, it's not a Target exclusive, I got one at Fred Meyer for $13.99. They were somewhat hard to find at one time, but about 6 months or so ago, they started showing up everywhere at the new bargain game price of $14.99 (cheaper some places). I've seen them just about everywhere,

At university heights OH:

there was TMNT XBOX $14.98 and some beyblade game GC for $9.98 I saw top gear rally for GBA and think it was $14.98

Pensacola (9 mile)

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time (PC) $5.04
Prince of Persia: SOT (GBA) $9.98
Tetris Worlds (GBA) $9.98

[quote name='phrmcst']Pensacola (9 mile)

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time (PC) $5.04
Prince of Persia: SOT (GBA) $9.98
Tetris Worlds (GBA) $9.98[/quote]
they also had some Magic the Gathering PC game for ~$4

target in Anaheim,CA had

Maximum Chase XB - $9.98
NCCA Football 2004 GC - $20.98
Temple of Elemental Evil PC - $7.98

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']bah the target by me sucks, Godzilla was $14 and TMNT (GC) wasn't even on clearance yet, what's their deal...[/quote]

Only the Xbox version on TMNT is on clearance as far as I know. The GC and PS2 ones aren't.

[quote name='scsg75'][quote name='Zenithian Legend']bah the target by me sucks, Godzilla was $14 and TMNT (GC) wasn't even on clearance yet, what's their deal...[/quote]

Only the Xbox version on TMNT is on clearance as far as I know. The GC and PS2 ones aren't.[/quote]

Well that's just typical "Target-politics" for ya...

[quote name='bhfgamer']Picked up Vexx XBOX for just $2.49 (last copy) and i saw medievil total war for $5 Bedford OH[/quote]

yeah vexx was old on clearance. i missed the one my store had. they probalbly got rid of it.(was damaged) they backstocked the games on day when i was there and they showed up a week later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back