The Target Clearance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to www.schworak.com/upc/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

When posting what you have found, please note the location that you found it at, example:

Philadelphia, PA
Snyder Plaza

Game Name, System, Price

(This edit from Big Dirty)

[quote name='CaseyRyback']
Harry Potter and Chamber of Secrets was 5 bucks. There were a ton of copies[/quote]

Which version, man?

Boktai - $10
Wario Wario Inc. GBA - $15

Columbia, SC

-Hoshi

my guess about the missing clearnace items is that they know all the kids are out for the summer and they gotta have something to do.

Supply and Demand bubba... you want it, pay for it.

I checked a Target in Sunnyvale, CA...same thing, no clearance games. They had those $9.99 titles like Tribes: AA, though, but nothing else of interest.

Kingston MA- Independence Mall

Boktai 9.98

They're on the endcap at then end of the PC game aisle.

I went to my local target today and none of them had any deals on games what so ever. i guess your miilage does vary with this deal!

Maybe youll should try your local blockbuster, they seemed to have hella cheap games and they are buy one get on half off, me I got 12 games from the WHEREHOUSE in oceanside, ca for get this they gave me 12 cents and the games, o yeah

Target usually goes through phases when they clearance a bunch of old stock out to make room for new stuff. Usually coincides with the seasons. Now it seems as though they are pretty much done with clearancing out the electronics dept. Don't worry though, after summer, they will be marking down all the past months and some of this summers games to make room for the new fall and xmas games.

Boktai is still stuck at $12 and some change at Target in CT. There are plenty of copies to go around, but since i've bought so many games lately I'm waiting for it to hit rock bottom. It really rots that Target hasn't been clearancing any games lately, because I use to get on soooooooooo many good deals. Not to mention price drops are taking FOREVER. It use to be every week they would drop the price a bit more, but now It's taking 3-4 weeks before a single price drop. Ugh.

Anyways, yeah, Boktai is the only game I've seen on clearance lately.

Sphinx PS2 $4.98 it was in the case marked as $19.99 . . . can't beat the wide-eyed look on the clerk's face :shock:

grabbed extras for trade . . . anyone need one?

Target already clearanced out the DDR Max 2 bundle with the dance pad and clearanced out the Mad Catz dance pad. I think Target.com has Ultramix for $29.99 which is $10 less than the MSRP.

DDR games tend to hold their value and sometimes even increase in value.

When prince of persia hits greatest hits, those bi-pack prince/splinter cell packages will be marked down to below 20 bucks (maybe 10.XX) (partially guaranteed)

[quote name='Kaijufan']My Target has seemed to replaced the discount game area with a GH/PH/PC and other $20 game area. :cry:[/quote]

Yep, the clearance video game section is now on an endcap in the dvd/cd area on the back wall (away from the aisle).

Dont know if this was posted before. I know the Xbox version of Dynasty Warriors 4 was clearenced, but today I found the PS2 version marked down from the 14.98 price to 7.48.

[quote name='WSkywalker']Dont know if this was posted before. I know the Xbox version of Dynasty Warriors 4 was clearenced, but today I found the PS2 version marked down from the 14.98 price to 7.48.[/quote]

For reals?! If I can't find this at my Target, you'll have to be my best friend and hook me up. :D

I paid $9.98 for Sphinx (PS2) May 8th, now I see it is going for $4.98. Does anyone know If I bring my receipt back to the store if they will refund the difference ? I know Circuit City would. Please advise! Thanx in advance

[quote name='BABETOOTH']I paid $9.98 for Sphinx (PS2) May 8th, now I see it is going for $4.98. Does anyone know If I bring my receipt back to the store if they will refund the difference ? I know Circuit City would. Please advise! Thanx in advance[/quote]

Yes, bring in your receipt and ask for a price adjustment . . . you have 14 days for that.

You can also return a sealed game for 90 days! So, even if you bought it 2 1/2 months ago . . . buy a clearance copy, clean off tags and return it on your old receipt.

I've been thinking that I should buy new releases at Target, keep the receipt with the game (tape it inside the case) and when I see it cheaper, do a return . . . I don't know if I'm that cheapass though.

[quote name='lordopus99']I thought Target won't let you get a price match on clearance merchandise.[/quote]

It's a YMMV thing. It all depends on the employee you get.

Wilmington, DE:

The Italian Job (PS1) - $2.18 (I think there may have been a couple left)

In general, the clearances recently have really, really sucked.

Here's a good question, is Godzilla DAMM a clearance game now? As i saw a copy of it for $19.99 in the clearance section at Target today. I'd just love to pick that game up one day for less than $10.

Saw the PC version of Prince of Persia Sands of Time at Target today for $10. Robinson Town Center outside of Pittsburgh. They had 2 copies, one was $10, the other was $20 (but I'm assuming will scan for $10, since the first one did).

My Target (MD) won't adjust the price on clearance items. But they will let you return the item, and then buy it right back. In effect, this is the same thing, just a slightly different way of going about it.

The item must be unopened though.

I have done this with a number of items. (Games, Golf Balls, clothes etc.)

Take Care,
Matthew

My store still has a few copies of Boktai, but they're still marked at $10. Looks like that's as low as that one's going to go before it gets erased from the system.

[quote name='Mishimaryu']I saw SSX 3 for cube and PS2 20 bucks universal drop yet?[/quote]

Yeah, the game is now (supposed to be) officially 20$ everywhere, I think that the GH threads was lurking around here somewhere... but anyways this was just recently added so yeah

[quote name='ananag112']What is Target's policy for price matching? Do they pricematch from web sites?[/quote]

They don't price match period. They stopped doing that well over a year and a half ago. Unless you luck out.

Field Ertel Store in Cincinnati:

Temple of Elemental Evil (PC) $12.48 - one copy remaining
Medieval Total War Expansion $4.98 - two copies

Center of Cincinnati Target Store:

Prince of Persia (Sands of Time) $9.98 - two copies remaining

last week there were about 15 copies of Dynasty Warriors 4 for $15. I came back this weell and they're all gone. I only found one copy left of Xtreme Legends 3 which showed no price. They finally sold it to me for $7.99. Wonder if it worth it.
Also, I saw at another Target which has a double pack of Xbox Grand Theft Auto for $27.xx in casae anyone wants them.

Boktai just hit rock-bottom at $5 at my Target yesterday. If you've been holding out on picking it up, now's the time. My store only had one copy, but maybe you'll get lucky.

Heh heh...good score. :) The game was worth the $10 I paid, so I'm not going to complain about missing it at that price. I didn't want to gamble on it still being there when it dropped the final time.

[quote name='flaprabbit']Not a clearance, but I found 2 copies of Karaoke Revolution with Headset for $29.99 each. They were outside with the greatest hits titles.[/quote]

actually that IS clearence.

In the Target in Aventura (Miami, FL.) I found 2 copies of Karaoke Revolution (with Mic) for $29.99. As far as I could tell there was only 1 copy left since I bought one :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back