The Target Clearance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to www.schworak.com/upc/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

When posting what you have found, please note the location that you found it at, example:

Philadelphia, PA
Snyder Plaza

Game Name, System, Price

(This edit from Big Dirty)

Master...did you find that at the Target in Olathe out by AMC Studio 30 or the one over off of Metcalf near the post office? Or maybe a different one entirely...

I found NHL 2003 (Xbox) for $0. I tried to buy something else with it and hope they wouldnt notice, but they did and wouldnt sell it to me :whistle2:(

someone should gather a list of whats been mentioned so far. anyone know how much Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance and Silent Hill 3 are, I think someone here said Silent Hill 3 was 29.99 but I'm not sure.

I was at Target less than a week ago and picked up Unreal Championship (not a platinum copy) for 15, but what you want to know is that I also saw Mortal Combat Deadly Alliance also for 15 XBOX

[quote name='Staind204']I found NHL 2003 (Xbox) for $0. I tried to buy something else with it and hope they wouldnt notice, but they did and wouldnt sell it to me :whistle2:([/quote]

All you needed to do was find someone with a handheld scanner. It should be ~ $6.

No Fear! A Target employee is here!

I scan games everyday to see whats clearance and just about all the ones that you guys listed have been clearanced at one point or another till theres no more of that game. So I'll be on the look out for new clearance and I will post it up here.

i went to target this morning to jump on the 7.98 deal for xenosaga, but no xenosaga to be found...they sold out....woe is me V_V

Queens, NY Target is cleared out. Nothing good. Just Nightcaster 2 (which sucks) for $12.98. Picked up the last PSO for Xbox, but it rang up at $9.98 on the handscanner (as it rang up 0 at the register), not $4.98 as some others. A shame, since I spent so much time building up my characters in PSO for Gamecube and don't have a broadband adapter, now I have to do it all over again on the Xbox!! Even the rain checks stink this week (Midnight Race for $14.99 sold out, so you can get 25% off rain checks).

[quote name='chedderknight']i went to target this morning to jump on the 7.98 deal for xenosaga, but no xenosaga to be found...they sold out....woe is me V_V[/quote]

If you have a Circuit City nearby they're 10 there (ignore the price tag, it's wrong.)

I pickup Zelda: Season XXX (GBC) $4.97 at Lees Summit SuperTarget

I belived they have 2 copies left ..... Call them b4 you visit them (incase is OUT of STOCK)

[quote name='RaidenMGS3']Today 4 PS2 games went clearance. Arc The Lad & ESPN NHL Hockey went to 20.98, and Clock Tower 3 & Ape Escape 2 went to 13.98[/quote]

I went to Target today and also noticed that ESPN NHL Hockey for $20.98 and also saw that they had a couple copies of Ape Escape 2 for the same price you listed. I also think The Great Escape was on sale too. Glad I picked up the last copy of ESPN. :D

you can add the following to the list:

PS2 Games:
Twisted Metal Black $13.98
Crazy Taxi $13.98
Silent Hill 2 $13.98

GBA:
Megaman Zero $7.48 (rings up $0.00, so get it scanned with a CRT)

Wixom MI Target has a Stack of games ALL PS2 back in the old clearance endcap in the back of electronics:
Wolverines revenge - 20.98
Clock tower 3 - 20.98
Indiana Jones - 20.98

Is somebody gonna make a list. I'm far too busy to make one, I wish I had the time to read this whole thread!

Thanks for posting your findings though guys.

The bitch about making a Target list is that every store is different.

Anyone know about how long it takes for an item to hit the next clearance level? Ballpark.

[quote name='burgundy']Anyone know about how long it takes for an item to hit the next clearance level? Ballpark.[/quote]

Like you said, the clearance level is different at every store. :lol:

Here's a report from the Anderson, S.C. store:

PS2

MGS: Substance - $13.98
Ape Escape 2 - $13.98
Indiana Jones - $20.98
Disney's Extreme Skate - $20.98
Twisted Metal Black - $13.98
Socom w/ headset - $20.98

I saw Arc the Lad (PS2) for that $20.98 price at the Target in Middletown, NJ. But, since I just spent $58 on SEVEN games at CC last night, I was a little leary about dropping that money. Hopefully I won't regret it. I really went there for that Xenosaga deal but apparently they were sold out. The stinking problem is that since most of the games are behind glass, you can't go through them all with a fine tooth comb. I mean, there COULD be one copy of Xenosaga sandwiched between the tens of copies of American Idol collecting dust, yes? Yes. Oh well...

I dont have a ps2, but my target in ND had 5 ddrmax2 sets for 41 dollars in a clearance section. Seemed pretty good. They also had the Phantasy Star for xbox games for 5$.

Hey cheapasses....just got back from Target. Believe it or not I went there with the determination to buy DDRMAX and low and behold they had it clearanced for $41.99!!

Dunno where you guys are, but I live in Eau Claire, Wisconsin. So check it out! Great deal!

[quote name='EazySCT']Hey cheapasses....just got back from Target. Believe it or not I went there with the determination to buy DDRMAX and low and behold they had it clearanced for $41.99!!

Dunno where you guys are, but I live in Eau Claire, Wisconsin. So check it out! Great deal![/quote]

I live about 4 hours from you then... Fond du Lac,WI,kinda by appleton...

just picked up Maximo:ghosts to glory for $4.38 and
MGS 2: Substance for $13.98. Checked quite a few
Targets for socom w/headset, but no dice.

The Target off of 175 in MD had
Mace Griffin - $13.98
Stuntman - $13.98
Clock Tower - $13.98
Wolverine - $20.98
KYA - $20.98

Take Care,
Matthew

[quote name='EazySCT']Hey cheapasses....just got back from Target. Believe it or not I went there with the determination to buy DDRMAX and low and behold they had it clearanced for $41.99!!

Dunno where you guys are, but I live in Eau Claire, Wisconsin. So check it out! Great deal![/quote]

Sorry buddy, but it appears you paid retail. DDRMAX (and MAX2) costs $40 retail where I live.

I'm not going to read through this whole thread to see if this has already been posted, but a couple of weeks ago I stumbled upon Phantasy Star Online for Gamecube. They must have found it in the back because I've looked for it several times in that store since I heard they went on Clearance back in the Fall. The price was $15.

[quote name='Deus Ex Machina'][quote name='EazySCT']Hey cheapasses....just got back from Target. Believe it or not I went there with the determination to buy DDRMAX and low and behold they had it clearanced for $41.99!!

Sorry buddy, but it appears you paid retail. DDRMAX (and MAX2) costs $40 retail where I live.[/quote]

He's talking about MAX2 w/ pad, Im pretty sure. Not a huge savings, maybe 10-15 dollars, but its nice none the less :D Especially considering its starting to get hard to find >.

[quote name='Darkstar'][quote name='EazySCT']Hey cheapasses....just got back from Target. Believe it or not I went there with the determination to buy DDRMAX and low and behold they had it clearanced for $41.99!!

I live about 4 hours from you then... Fond du Lac,WI,kinda by appleton...[/quote]

Heck...I live about 30min from you ...OSHKOSH!

An item starts as ACTIVE...then it moves to DISCONTINUED..and usually if it doesn't sell out of its copies they send it back there copies before it hits clearance to save money so only a few times will you ever see clearance b/c at the Target I work theres about 20 discountinued games in the display case which means they will slowly one by one be shipped back and replaced with newer games.

I too work at Target and we never, ever send games back at mine. They go on Clearance, even if it does take forever. DVDs we send back all the time, and those don't ever go on clearance, as I'm sure you know.

first off I never find good deals at my target. But today I found for the PC

Tiger Woods PGA 2002 for 4.00
NeverwinterNights PC for 8.00

Eventhough the golf is 2002, the graphics and gameplay are amazing and I just started a NWN game , so far its pretty good too.

[quote name='ANARKY']An item starts as ACTIVE...then it moves to DISCONTINUED..and usually if it doesn't sell out of its copies they send it back there copies before it hits clearance to save money so only a few times will you ever see clearance b/c at the Target I work theres about 20 discountinued games in the display case which means they will slowly one by one be shipped back and replaced with newer games.[/quote]

This actually makes some sense. I have 2 Targets in my city, and they are totally different. One seems to have games on clearance once or twice a month, the other never does. My guess is the one store sends the games to the other store. Also, if the games stay in the display cases, they tend to move out. If they go to a clearance section, I am pretty sure that they stay around forever - Because people don't know where they are... And I have cleaned up a couple of times.

Oh well,
Take Care,
Matthew

My target has Chaos Legion (ps2) for like, $27. It's not a big savings, but if you want the game, I guess it's cool.

[quote name='raybert']just picked up Maximo:ghosts to glory for $4.38 and
MGS 2: Substance for $13.98. Checked quite a few
Targets for socom w/headset, but no dice.[/quote]

Dunno if you're in the Houston area, but the Main Street SuperTarget had one last copy of SOCOM w/ the headset for $20.88. I picked up the 2nd to last copy :D .

Don't know if this is a big deal or if anyone is interested, but my local target (Gainesville, FL) had Links 2004 (Xbox) for $29.99 on the clearance rack.
Just thought I would throw that out there.

-Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back