The Target Clearance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to www.schworak.com/upc/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

When posting what you have found, please note the location that you found it at, example:

Philadelphia, PA
Snyder Plaza

Game Name, System, Price

(This edit from Big Dirty)

Dunno if you're in the Houston area, but the Main Street SuperTarget had one last copy of SOCOM w/ the headset for $20.88. I picked up the 2nd to lastcopy
:shock: tHANKS for the heads up, spaniel. I'm actually from the Austin area. Not to far from houston. if i didn't hafta work some double shifts this weekend i'd probably swing on over there. that's a fantastic deal though. have fun. :p

how does this clearance sale at target work, cause everytime i go, theres not much on sale, or is it you have to get those games and scan them?

You have to scan the items at a price scanner or ask an employee. Target has a few in the store, and theres usually always one by electronics. Not all of the clearance items are placed outside of the case, but occasionaly they are. I would keep an eye on this thread and post any new deals you find, It's better to check here first before going into Target looking for the deals, as most of the time it takes forever for an employee to arive to help you check prices, not to mention the lazy employees who will tell you It's the tagged price and not bother doing an inquiry at all.

For recent games all I have seen are (clearances and flat out price cuts):
ESPN Nhl Hockey $29.99 PS2
Maximo $10 and lower
Metal Gear Solid (not substance) $10 and lower
Original Virtua Fighter 4
Dynasty Warriors 4 $29.99 for XBox and PS2
Maximum Chase $19.99 XBox
Supposively PSO for XBox and GC are both on clearance.

[quote name='raybert']
Dunno if you're in the Houston area, but the Main Street SuperTarget had one last copy of SOCOM w/ the headset for $20.88. I picked up the 2nd to lastcopy
:shock: tHANKS for the heads up, spaniel. I'm actually from the Austin area. Not to far from houston. if i didn't hafta work some double shifts this weekend i'd probably swing on over there. that's a fantastic deal though. have fun. :p[/quote]

Raybert, I'm actually heading back up to the Austin area - I go to school there. PM me before this Sunday(1/18) if you'd like me to pick up the SOCOM w/ headset for you: I could easily return it to one of the targets up in Austin or just exchange it w/ you in person. Lemme know if you want it.

Just picked up:

Xbox:
Phantasy Star Online $9.98

PS2:
Getal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (GH) $4.98

Cube:
Time Splitters 2 $4.98

Scanned Dave Mirra FS BMX PS2 $4.98

[quote name='chedderknight']how does this clearance sale at target work, cause everytime i go, theres not much on sale, or is it you have to get those games and scan them?[/quote]

I might be mistaken, but I seem to recall the particulars having been explained about six times in this very thread. You might want to read the thread.

Easier way in Monroeville,PA target*have to check the other local area targets*..You don't even have to go through the hassle of printing the barcodes(although I am sure it would be faster)They have the newer scanners that allow you to enter the barcodes in by hand on their Price Checkers located throughout the store. :)

Starsky and hutch 13.98. Not a great deal but hey. Mission impssible for ps2 had a temporary price cut from 49.99 to 34.99. Not sure why, maybe to match competition.

Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits and Auto Modellista were dropped to $14.98 at my Target... :shock: they had ALOT yesterday now they're down to 3 Auto Modellista and 4 Arc the Lads...alot of people must watch the clearance rack... :wink:

SpyHunter PS2 $13.98

Lucked out earlier. Went to get the last MM Zero (which scans up as $0.00) the guy in electronics checked me out and let me have the game for nothing as he was paying no attention to what he was scanning.
Although I would have thought any moron would have checked the receipt considering my total was only $4, he just looked at the game and said "man that's a cheap game". :D

Just thought I would share my little experience.

Binghamton store-
Mace Griffin Xbox- 4.98
Red Rock RTX PS2 - 4.98
Dynasty Warriors 4 Xbox- 20.98 !
Clock Tower 3 PS2 - 9.98
Kya PS2 - 14.98
Godzilla Destroy All Monsters GCN- 19.99 (Maybe on sale, not sure)

Mace didn't register at all on the scanner, so it's probably about to get sent back at the stores that do that.

Not necessarily for a system but a video game just the same. The Target in Federal Way, WA had the BeyBlade VForce Arcade Challenge 5 in 1 game system originally priced as $44.99, marked down to a mere $11.12. Great for the little kids who are into this genre. Plugs directly into your TV, and can be multiplayer with mail-away offer. People were buying 3-5 of them at a time for birthdays and Christmas next year. Feel sorry for the ones who bought it before XMAS for $59.95 at TRUS.

HEY GUYS!! Since the clearance markdowns seem to vary by region, can we please include the city/state info with our posts on the great deals??? Thanks in advance !!

Yes the Beyblade V Force system was in the Toy section, they had an entire rack full of them but people were picking them up rather quickly. Check your Target to see what they have in stock.

Normal, IL

Socom w/ Headset 14.98
Evil Dead 9.98
Starksy & Hutch 9.98
RTX Red Rock 4.98
Arc the Lad 14.98
Silent Hill 2 9.98
and lots more...I've always seen one or two games tops at my Target, but not today!

I saw Wario Land 4 (GBA) today. It scanned at $0.00, and I got it for $4.98 (75% off).

I also saw a stack of old WWF No Mercy games. These are for the N64 system!! They were clearance tagged at $14.98. I didn't even bother scanning them.

Mine (Barboursville, WV) also has Madden 2003 for around $20 for PS2. So...you know..buy that if you want.

Conyers,GA
SOCOM w/headset 20.98
Buckhead,GA
DDRMAX2 w/pad 29.98
Sandy Springs,GA
Auto Modellista 14.98
Chaos Legion 19.98
MGS2 Substance 9.98
Wolfenstein:OR 14.98

[quote name='blackchubby']Anybody know if Aliens Vs. Predator (XBOX) is on clearance, if so do u guys know how much?[/quote]

K.B. Toys (the physical stores with the ongoing clearance sale) still has Aliens vs. Predator: Extinction (Xbox version) for $10 new. I picked up one just this past week.

Port Orange, FL

Ape Escape 2 - 9.98 had a ton of them
Mega Man BN Transmission - 20.98
They also had the Arc the Lad, Kya, DDRMAX2 Bundle, and Clock Tower 3.

Went to the Northland Target in Detroit, MI.
Picked up:
ESPN Hockey $15 (PS2)
Mace Griffin $10
RTX RedRock $5

I'm VERY happy about ESPN. I picked up RTX cause, well, I just can't turn down a $5 game. :)

Lake Charles, LA

Tony Hawk 3 (xbox) - 13.98 (both Green and PH versions)
American Idol (PS2) - 20.98
Dynasty Warriors 4 (xbox) - 20.98
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (GCN) 13.98

Vallejo CA Target has that PC 4-pack with Freedom Force and C&C:Renegade for $7.xx, Neverwinter Nights $7.xx, a few copies of each. Fourth damn North and East Bay Target I have sought the PS1 LCD, to no avail. Couldn't find the PS2 clearance titles.

hey all,
sarasota, fla. target had one psone/lcd combo package marked on clearance for $109.05. i asked the guy if that was the right price, and he said it was. not really sure on that one. anyone have any info on this deal?
also, got clock tower 3 for ps2 for $13.98. they had a few copies of evolution skateboarding for 6.98 as well.

To the guy looking for AVP on Xbox, my local sams had a handful of copies for 17 bucks each.

At my Target (Kennewick, WA), they had RTX RED Rock for $5, PS2 American Idol & X-Men: Wolverine's Revenge for $15 and the Konami dance game w/dance pad (the name eludes me for the moment... Is it DDR Max?) for $30.

Target Greatlans, Birmingham., MI
Neverwinter Nights (SMALL BOX ONLY) - $7.48
Choas Legion - $27.49
Clock Tower - $13.49
Kya - $20.98- $14.4
Dynasty Warrios 4 - $20.98 (His ONe :) )
Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 Expansion - $4.95
Lionheart - $14.98
Unreal 2 - $14.98
And lots of really cheap clothes/Sweaters ;-)

Target of Bay City, MI has ESPN NFL Football for $30 (Xbox version.) I picked it that one up fast since it was the last copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back